Capcom going Multi-Platform

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I found this today (a little old)

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11495

Could this be a sign of the times? Will all developers follow in the same steps?

AstroFan
Atleast now they tell you that their games are multi-platform, instead of saying they are exclusive, and then changing their minds. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

IceJaw
Does this mean Devil may cry 4 will be released for 360?ermm

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by IceJaw

I was thinking that too when I read the article. Hmm..

AstroFan
Originally posted by IceJaw

That would be cool, Ive always wanted to check it out.

IceJaw
I really hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

TricksterPriest
while this article is very interesting, I don't think it means DMC4 will be on anything but PS3. I'm pretty sure Sony has a stranglehold on the rights for that one.

WrathfulDwarf
There really are no guarantees. Remenber Assasins Creed was at one time a PS3 exclusive.

MadMel
yea thats true..

BackFire
Well, it's been known for sometime that RE5 is coming out for both systems. As long as that holds true I don't care about anything else. Devil May Cry series is extraordinarily overrated anyhow.

WrathfulDwarf
Another interesting move by Capcom...

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12913

I soooo hope that project involves a sequel to Dead Rising.

Unreal Engine and DR together? VERY interesting.

Smasandian
I thought they already okayed an sequel for Dead Rising, and Lost Planet, considering both games have done extremely well.

I've said before that the era of exclusives are stopping outside first party support. It doesnt make sense business wise to not release it on other platforms. Just look at how much money EA makes every year, they release every game that they publish multiple times.

When you see Valve releasing thier shooters the same day as PC on the consoles also, thats an big step.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.