Merry and Pipin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
These guys need there own tread coz they really entertained us all through the trillogy . I like them both coz they are very different from frodo and sam .

laughing out loud

thefallen544
Plus after reading the Appendix's to Lotr ROTK I found the last we hear about them, up to the point of their death quite touching. How much their characters changed as well is quite interesting.

riggsey
hang on, feel like I'm missing out on something. how did they die?

I DONT WANT THEM TO DIE! sad

They are too awesome to.

coolmovies
they dont die

Thorin

bogen
two of the best characters ive ever seen, i just love the irish charm the both eminate.

Rampant ox
I liked Saruman more. And it offended me how they managed to summon an army of Ents to attack and overthrow Isenguard. Then, as if mocking the great wizard, they raid Saruman's store and steal all of his Longbottom Leaf (or whatever it was called). Unforgiveable if I do say so myself.

Though dont mind me. They were great characters in their own right and are deserving of a thread. wink

aniron
just plain amazing!

Depressed Girl
They died?ermm

thefallen544
Yeah in the Appendix of the book it is told that and I shall quote the passage here

"1484 Shire Reckoning
In the spring of the year a message came from Rohan to Buckland that King Eomer wished to see Master Holdwine once again. Meriadoc was then old (102) but still hale. He took counsel with his friend the Thain, and soon after they handed over their goods and offices to their sons and rode away over the Sarn Ford, and they were not seen again in the Shire. It was heard after that Master Meriadoc came to Edoras and was with King Eomer before he died in that autumn. Then he and Thain Peregrin went to Gondor and passed what short years were left to them in that realm, until they died and were laid in Rath Dinen among the great of Gondor."

And in the year 1541 Shire Reckoning its quoted
"In this year (120 4th age in Gondor) on March 1st came at last the Passing of King Elessar. It is said that the beds of Meriadoc and Peregrin were set beside the bed of the great king. Then Legolas built a grey ship in Ithilien, and sailed down the Anduin and so over the Sea; and with him, it is said, went Gimli the Dwarf. And when that ship passed an end was come in Middle-earth of the Fellowship of the Ring."

Draugwen
People just happen to grow old^^

thefallen544
Yeah Elessar was 210 when he gave up his life (Yes gave up, willingly. Before it was taken from him by old age and infirminty much like his Numorian ancestors he passed the rule onto his son Eldarion before willingly dying) so he live a fair while.

Artik2
I think that these "guys" are gay hahaah

fini
OMG............... LOOK more people who didn't read the books

tsk tsk tsk tsk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.