The Number 23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Jim Carrey doing serious...and weird.

An interesting plot: A man (Carrey) becomes obsessed with a book that appears to be based on his life but ends with a murder that has yet to happen in real life.

A pretty good trailer: The Number 23

Seems good so far, but...

A pretty dodgy director: Joel Schumacher. He made some good movies earlier in his career (The Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down), but his recent out-put has been pretty crap...

What do you think of this? Will it be good, or will it be Batman & Robin?

Bardock42
Haha, cause Batman & Robin was bad. I get it. Funny.

Strangelove
I'll see the trailer when I get back to my dorm, but offhand this seems to be similar to the plot of Stranger Than Fiction

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Haha, cause Batman & Robin was bad. I get it. Funny.

You're a cookie, aren't you?

Yes, you are.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're a cookie, aren't you?

Yes, you are.

Are you saying you want to eat me? Well..I'm flattered. And disturbed. And happy. And blue. And impatient.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're like a rainbow cookie filled with light and laughter.

Now, let us break bread if it do ya.

Vim
Originally posted by Strangelove
I'll see the trailer when I get back to my dorm, but offhand this seems to be similar to the plot of Stranger Than Fiction

I agree in fact it sounds exactly the same... Even in Stranger Than Fiction Will Farrell's character is going to die, maybe not necessarily murdered ... But yeah weird... Those plots sound identical.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're like a rainbow cookie filled with light and laughter.

Now, let us break bread if it do ya.

I like Bread. I think. Generally. But not so uch in specific cases. Anyways, the trailer crashed my computer twice, so i did notyet get to watch it, but from the sound of it I am looking forward....not generally..to it..if you know what I mean.

Dusty
I saw the trailer a second ago.

Looks interesting. I'd see it in theaters.

Vinny Valentine
I LOVED this movie.

Saw it tonight on the first night it was out in theaters.

Best movie of the year so far.

Jim Carrey's performance was superb.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

manorastroman
i also just saw this movie. it was alright. i mean it. i'm not horsing around. it's definitely just okay.

okay? i have reasons, okay?

k.

Solo
Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Solo
Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

No way.

For the kind of movie it is, it keeps you interested the whole way through.

Solo
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
it keeps you interested the whole way through.
Right. I've seen it all before.

The Core
I was fairly unimpressed. As it was unfolding, I kept thinking that it was going to just like "The Game". 3rd act wasn't bad, just too much explaining crammed into a little bit of time, whereas things should have been pieced together slowly.

BackFire
The whole number conspiracy thing is so stupid and tired, also bullshit, btw.

The movie looked stupid.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by BackFire

The movie looked stupid.

"And tired"?

The Core
"The Da Vinci Code", "National Treasure"..whatever other "conspiracy" movies as of late that deal with numbers.

I'll tell ya, the whole "Sin City" comic sidestory visuals really ruined it for me.

BackFire
C-Dic always gets me, it's like we're made for eachother. <3

manorastroman
the entire concept of fearing a number is pretty ludicrous. the ending was pure shite, descended straight into melodrama.

the only thing i can say is that it was relatively interesting.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just listened to Mark Kermode's podcast review; it sounds like those Batman & Robin predictions came true.

Aizen
Great movie, Jim is fantastic, Joel has done a great jobe and it's his 23. project, hehe, scary, go and see it as soon as you can.

SpaceMonkey
I just saw the movie and it was better than I thought it would be. Very interesting movie. Well made and the acting was good.

Seraphim XIII

The movie looked stupid.
I swear to god you're secretly homosexual.

Quiero Mota
I thought it was great. I'm surprised that Carrey did such an excellent job...I never thought that the actor who automatically makes me think of Lloyd Christmas could pull off a psy-thriller the way he did.

Originally posted by The Core
I'll tell ya, the whole "Sin City" comic sidestory visuals really ruined it for me.

So I'm guessing you're not a fan of film noir? No detective stories for you. huh?

The Core
I can appreciate noir, but Jim Carrey with fake tribal tattoos? A black haired chick? All shot in fuzzy black and white? That's modernizing it, but being careful not to copy Sin City. Those segments were embarassing, and out place.

The biggest problem was that it was trying to sell three styles at once. Thriller, comedy, and noir, and I don't think it worked.

BackFire
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
I swear to god you're secretly homosexual.

Explain yourself.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII
I swear to god you're secretly homosexual. Where the hell did that come from? blink

BackFire
Must be from that time I anally raped him.

Oh well, was worth it.

Quiero Mota
I can appreciate noir, but Jim Carrey with fake tribal tattoos? A black haired chick? All shot in fuzzy black and white? That's modernizing it, but being careful not to copy Sin City. Those segments were embarassing, and out place.

Um....black & white and fuzzy dream-like sequnces are all part of what makes noir a noir. Thats anything but out of place.

And what does his character having tats have to do with anything??

The biggest problem was that it was trying to sell three styles at once. Thriller, comedy, and noir, and I don't think it worked.

I'm not too sure about the comedy part. Every single film has funny moments, but this was by no means a comedy.

The Core
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Um....black & white and fuzzy dream-like sequnces are all part of what makes noir a noir. Thats anything but out of place.

And what does his character having tats have to do with anything??

I'm not too sure about the comedy part. Every single film has funny moments, but this was by no means a comedy.

I've seen plenty of film noir minus that style. Your comment on the tats is exactly what I thought. What's with making both he and Virginia Madsen's characters these weird ass dark characters? Jim Carrey had a few out of place moments, sporatically placed throughout the movie that really didn't do anything to keep any tension.

TRH
God that movie was so freaky....very good,go see it

TRH

Oh well, was worth it. oh....herbnone......gayherb

Seraphim XIII
Explain yourself.

Oh well, was worth it.

sly

Puzzle
Originally posted by Strangelove

Haha, you were so wrong. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.