Thor vs. the fantastic four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hulk10
Thor's hammer could use rain to put out the torch,knock back the thing,snowstorm to freeze fantastic and if he found the invisible woman(bye,bye),but the four has a small chance to stop thor but i'm going with the god.

batdude123
Thor.

Grimm22
If this is Warrior Madness Thor, the team is screwed no expression

However, regular Thor, they stand a slight chance

batdude123
Thor

The Pict
Uh rain putting out HT sounds pretty lame,

Thor for the win though

Grimm22
Originally posted by The Pict
Uh rain putting out HT sounds pretty lame,

Thor for the win though

Indeed yes

Johnny has been immune to that old trick for some time now wink

However a barrage of magic lightning puts Johnny down big grin

jollyjim311
No shame in taking a breather after getting fried by magical God-lightning.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Indeed yes

Johnny has been immune to that old trick for some time now wink

However a barrage of magic lightning puts Johnny down big grin

If this is current Johnny, he won't do much good.

shifty

h1a8
Sue alone will beat him.
She put a bubble in his throat and expand it.
Nasty!

batdude123
Originally posted by h1a8
Sue alone will beat him.
Nasty!

no expression

masterbruce
FF4 takes it 8/10

they have the powers and teamwork to take down Thor

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
no expression
Agreed

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
Agreed pirate

The Pict
Originally posted by masterbruce
FF4 takes it 8/10

they have the powers and teamwork to take down Thor

Nah Thor is much too powerful.

h1a8
Nah Thor is much too powerful.

But still die to sue

The Pict
But still die to sue

Nah he kills her too fast

Badabing
W/O prep, Thor wins.

h1a8
Nah he kills her too fast

How when she would put up a forcefield?

The_Barbarian
Originally posted by Badabing
W/O prep, Thor wins.
How do you figure?

Before we make blind assumptions, Let us look at the facts:

Sue Richards is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, as is her son Franklin.

Reed is a super-genius, rivaled by few in the Marvel Universe.

The Thing consistently goes toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk, Absorbing Man, Gladiator, the Wrecker, and countless other Class 100 level characters.

Johnny is no slouch in the power department himself.

Thor will have his hands full. With or without prep time.

The Pict
Originally posted by The_Barbarian
How do you figure?

Sue Richards is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, as is her son Franklin.

The Thing consistently goes toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk, Absorbing Man, Gladiator, the Wrecker, and countless other Class 100 level characters.

Thor like....stuns planets, he's gonna win.

The_Barbarian
Thor like....stuns planets, he's gonna win.

Reed like..kills planet eaters, "he's gonna win." roll eyes (sarcastic)

long pig
Sue truly is FF's only hope. If she can catch the hammer and envelope it in a bubble, you'd have the FF vs a simple brick. If she could do it, FF wins the large majority.

If not, well, shit. They die I suppose.

The Pict
Reed like..kills planet eaters, "he's gonna win." roll eyes (sarcastic)

no prep time mentioned wink

h1a8
no prep time mentioned wink

none needed with sue

The Pict
none needed with sue

yeah, look at the post I qouted. No one was talking about Sue.

And still I say he beats her before she does anything.

h1a8
yeah, look at the post I qouted. No one was talking about Sue.

And still I say he beats her before she does anything.
I know what your quote was about. But sue is still on the FF.

How?

1. So are you saying Thor will target her before anyone else?

Badabing
How do you figure?

You don't know me so don't accuse me of making "blind assumptions".

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by long pig
Sue truly is FF's only hope. If she can catch the hammer and envelope it in a bubble, you'd have the FF vs a simple brick. If she could do it, FF wins the large majority.

If not, well, shit. They die I suppose.

Isn't it within Thor's powers to mkae mjolnir appear in his nad from wherever it is?

h1a8
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Isn't it within Thor's powers to mkae mjolnir appear in his nad from wherever it is?

Doesn't matter since Sue is Thor's biggest threat. And trapping the hammer is the wrong strategy. The correct one is instananeously putting a shield around her, becoming invincible, and expanding a bubble inside Thor all at the same time. She can do multiple things at the same time because it is in her power set as stated by marvel hq at marvel.com.

SpunkySmurph
Doesn't matter since Sue is Thor's biggest threat. And trapping the hammer is the wrong strategy. The correct one is instananeously putting a shield around her, becoming invincible, and expanding a bubble inside Thor all at the same time. She can do multiple things at the same time because it is in her power set as stated by marvel hq at marvel.com.

Invincible?
Or invisible?

Because wouldn't it be slightly redundant to become invisible AND shield her location?

h1a8
Invincible?
Or invisible?

Because wouldn't it be slightly redundant to become invisible AND shield her location?

im sorry I meant invisible
if she's invisible she can avoid many hits to shield. Not that it matters since expanding a bubble inside thor would require her invisibility useless. So yes it is redundant. Sorry!

long pig
I'm pretty sure having Mjolnir magically appear inside his nads isn't his favorite power, but yeah, I guess I see what you're saying. I bet the old "Come to my nads, mjolnir" reeks havok on the sex life.

great_dane
fantastic four wins.

invisible women would probably take him herself, than you got human torch who is cosidered a herald, than you got one of the best written geniuses on your side that can probably absorb any blow from thor
(thor not mjorin). thing would get the shit beat out of him.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by long pig
I'm pretty sure having Mjolnir magically appear inside his nads isn't his favorite power, but yeah, I guess I see what you're saying. I bet the old "Come to my nads, mjolnir" reeks havok on the sex life.

laughing laughing

Well, I dunno how many times he's demonstrated that power in the comics. He always seems rather fond of that hammer though... confused

hulk10
The four might have some up's thumb up although every time the norse god wins.

Soljer
I never use the 'lol' thing, but seriously...

LAUGH THE **** OUT LOUD at "Come to my nads, Mjolnir"

Originally posted by great_dane
fantastic four wins.

invisible women would probably take him herself, than you got human torch who is cosidered a herald, than you got one of the best written geniuses on your side that can probably absorb any blow from thor
(thor not mjorin). thing would get the shit beat out of him.

Johnny hasn't been herald level since...well...he was a herald. Human Torch is NOWHERE near herald level.

Reed being a genius means little without prep time. Without prep time, he's just a guy that Thor might not be able to punch out.

Thing? Well....laughing. All that needs to be said.

Sue. Definitely Thor's hardest opponent, but that's not saying much considering the opposition to this point. We have no idea how the bubble in the brain/throat/heart idea would work, because Sue's never really done it. To anyone. Much less someone of godly durability. That and the fact that CIS is on, more or less makes that strategy pointless.

Combine that with the fact that Sue will eventually tire if someone pounds on her Shield long enough (and with Mjolnir blows raining down on it, long enough won't be long), and she's out.

Thor. Damn near every time.

PRAYERRUN
ya know, I'd think that Thor would take out the ff.....but ya'll have made some interesting points. I mean The FF have gone up against the likes of Galactus and lived for cryin out loud lol. (I didn't say they beat him, I said they lived.)

Soljer
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
ya know, I'd think that Thor would take out the ff.....but ya'll have made some interesting points. I mean The FF have gone up against the likes of Galactus and lived for cryin out loud lol. (I didn't say they beat him, I said they lived.)

Thor's done better, wink.

OneDumbG0
Wow. How come Marvel has never done this fight before? Great thread. It all comes down to whether Thor can overwhelm them before Reed or Sue can bring their ingenuity or unique uses of her forcefields to bear on Thor. We've seen Sue defend against magucal lightning that probably would have otherwise fried many superheroes in Civil War #4. But could she withstand a full blown Mjolnir throw by Thor? Hmmm...

Split 5/10 but I'm totally open to more thought out arguments.

JohnR
Barring a plot device (including Reed's plot device power of super invention), Thor wins every time. The FF are in the wrong weight class (see, e.g., the FF vs. Gladiator).

lando005
they stand a good chance of putting him down and an even better chance with prep
ff w/o prep 5/10
ff with prep 8/10

H. S. 6
Just for the record, I believe Quesada said that if it were the real Thor's lightning that Sue was trying to make a shield against (in Civil War 4), the lightning would break right through.

Anyway, Thor wins 10/10. He's much too versatile for the FF.

Silent Master
Originally posted by lando005
they stand a good chance of putting him down and an even better chance with prep
ff w/o prep 5/10
ff with prep 8/10

What about Thor w/prep?

lando005
Originally posted by Silent Master
What about Thor w/prep? if reed has time to prep against thor, thor's more than likely going down hard

Mindship
Sue alone will beat him.

Thor is very durable. Just because that bubble trick works on lesser beings, doesn't mean it'll work on a god. It's a question of energy: the atomic binding energy of his molecules vs Sue's force output. I'm betting the Thunder god equals the superior level of energy.

This match can go either way, depending on the circumstances.
On-the-spot combat: Thor wins.
With prep, they stand a very good chance of beating Thor...though the same method will never work twice.

Soljer
Mmm.

With prep, they could take Thor.

Without it, he curbstomps them.

Silent Master
if reed has time to prep against thor, thor's more than likely going down hard

That wasn't the question.

What about if it's Thor w/prep?

Soljer
That wasn't the question.

What about if it's Thor w/prep?

Then Thor will spend his prep time drinking liquor and banging Asgardian women, and THEN come and kick the shit out of the Fantastic Four.

smile.

Badabing
Originally posted by Soljer
Then Thor will spend his prep time drinking liquor and banging Asgardian women, and THEN come and kick the shit out of the Fantastic Four.

smile.
Works for me.

beer letahlwavey

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Just for the record, I believe Quesada said that if it were the real Thor's lightning that Sue was trying to make a shield against (in Civil War 4), the lightning would break right through.

Anyway, Thor wins 10/10. He's much too versatile for the FF.

That's HIGHLY debatable erm

Second, even if Thor wins here, its definitely not 10/10 no expression

Soljer
That's HIGHLY debatable erm

Second, even if Thor wins here, its definitely not 10/10 no expression

If it's from Quesada's mouth, it's not very debatable....

Also, anyone other than a fantastic four fanboy, or someone who is just ignorant of Thor's powers can see that he does indeed win 10/10.

Thing's a non factor, Johnny might as well be, Mr. Fantastic could be ended by some of the Hammer's mystical powers, and all Sue is gonna do is watch Mjolnir hit her shield twice, and her face once.

Game over.

Grimm22
ff w/o prep 5/10
ff with prep 8/10

Nope no

Without prep, Thor 7-8/10 wink

With prep, FF 8-9/10

Grimm22
If it's from Quesada's mouth, it's not very debatable....

Also, anyone other than a fantastic four fanboy, or someone who is just ignorant of Thor's powers can see that he does indeed win 10/10.

Thing's a non factor, Johnny might as well be, Mr. Fantastic could be ended by some of the Hammer's mystical powers, and all Sue is gonna do is watch Mjolnir hit her shield twice, and her face once.

Game over.

Um, Actually JQ never said that no expression

Just because Sue had a bloody nose doesn't indicate that she had a hard time with it

It took mass concentration to make a forcefield in a split second, to stop Lightning. Thats why she had a bloody nose

And i'm not saying that Thor doesn't win, i'm saying its stupid to say that the FF have no chance here, which giving Thor a 10/10 indicates

So who's being the fanboy now eh?

Soljer
Nope no

Without prep, Thor 7-8/10 wink

With prep, FF 8-9/10

Errmm...mind letting me know HOW?

Thing's punches are gonna do shit-all, while he's even still alive.

Human Torches' flame is gonna do shit-all, while he's even still alive.

Mr Fantastic can...wrap him up? And get stretched out by Thor's massive strength advantage? Thrown to space? Obliterated by any NUMBER of magics within the hammer?

Sue's gonna...uhhh....try the force-field-bubble-in-the-brain tactic, and fail? She'll put up a forcefield to have it smashed through by a few Mjolnir blows? She'll splatter her face all over Thor's nice pretty hammer?

EDIT: and in response to your last question, I'm afraid that you're still being the only fanboy in this thread. There isn't a single tactic the Fantastic Four could use to stop thor, when relying upon their powers alone.

Grimm22
Errmm...mind letting me know HOW?

Thing's punches are gonna do shit-all, while he's even still alive.

Human Torches' flame is gonna do shit-all, while he's even still alive.

Mr Fantastic can...wrap him up? And get stretched out by Thor's massive strength advantage? Thrown to space? Obliterated by any NUMBER of magics within the hammer?

Sue's gonna...uhhh....try the force-field-bubble-in-the-brain tactic, and fail? She'll put up a forcefield to have it smashed through by a few Mjolnir blows? She'll splatter her face all over Thor's nice pretty hammer?

Yes, because the FF have never fought anyone on Thor level right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop being ignorant to the FF's abilities and experience

I'm not saying Thor doesn't win i'm saying that the FF have a chance for a couple of wins no expression

Soljer
Yes, because the FF have never fought anyone on Thor level right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop being ignorant to the FF's abilities and experience

I'm not saying Thor doesn't win i'm saying that the FF have a chance for a couple of wins no expression

I never said the Four hadn't fought any thor level beings.

But you avoided the question I posed to you entirely.

What are the Four going to do to combat Thor's massive durability advantage alone? What will they do for the win? Ignoring the fact that Thor will be able to drop three of them like flies?

h1a8

Sue. Definitely Thor's hardest opponent, but that's not saying much considering the opposition to this point. We have no idea how the bubble in the brain/throat/heart idea would work, because Sue's never really done it. To anyone. Much less someone of godly durability. That and the fact that CIS is on, more or less makes that strategy pointless.

Combine that with the fact that Sue will eventually tire if someone pounds on her Shield long enough (and with Mjolnir blows raining down on it, long enough won't be long), and she's out.

Thor. Damn near every time.

Sue has done it before (to a celestial- whose durability>>>>>Thor's) . Plus her power set allows her to put a bubble of any size anywhere in space by thought. She doesn't do it often for the simple fact that she doesn't kill.

And Sue doesn't have to do the bubble inside him as the only way to win (even though that would be the quickest and nastiest way).

She can manipulate her bubbles anyway she likes (almost like a GL). She can create invisible battering rams with tremendous knockout force. She can create invisible cutting disks, spears, darts, that can cut through solid steel with ease. Thor won't be able to see these things coming at him (let alone her) to block them. And if she's invisible and flying around, then she won't suffer much damage to her shield because Thor won't know where she is or from where the invisible weapons she throws at him are coming.

With that said,
Thor definitely has some troubles on his hands.

Grimm22

What are the Four going to do to combat Thor's massive durability advantage alone? What will they do for the win? Ignoring the fact that Thor will be able to drop three of them like flies?

How? Teamwork

Or Maybe Thor go into some kind of Coma and be replaced by some kind of evil clone and kill some giant black superhero who happens to be passing by laughing

Faceman
Thor makes 4 Godwaves, poor 4..

Badabing
How? Teamwork

Or Maybe Thor go into some kind of Coma and be replaced by some kind of evil clone and kill some giant black superhero who happens to be passing by laughing
Aw dude. That's just wrong! laughing

Mindship
Sue has done it before (to a celestial- whose durability>>>>>Thor's) . Plus her power set allows her to put a bubble of any size anywhere in space by thought. She doesn't do it often for the simple fact that she doesn't kill.

IMHO, that seems like the same kinda PIS which brought us the Batkick. Hell, why doesn't she just stop Galactus with a bubble?

lando005
im not a ff fanboy or anything but we all know the ff r good at what they do probably the best team in marvel they can hang with and take down harolds so i wouldnt put thor soo high up when it comes down to fighting them the have great team work they should fair pretty well against him

lando005
How? Teamwork

Or Maybe Thor go into some kind of Coma and be replaced by some kind of evil clone and kill some giant black superhero who happens to be passing by laughing that is soo uncalled for.... the black guy 's always the first to go

h1a8
sue can put a bubble in thor and expand it or

She can manipulate her bubbles anyway she likes (almost like a GL). She can create invisible battering rams with tremendous knockout force. She can create invisible cutting disks, spears, darts, that can cut through solid steel with ease. Thor won't be able to see these things coming at him (let alone her) to block them. And if she's invisible and flying around in her shield, then she won't suffer much damage to her shield because Thor won't know where she is or from where the invisible weapons she throws at him are coming.

With that said,
Thor definitely has some troubles on his hands.

Otherwise show how Thor escapes the bubble tactic let alone the flying around invisible throwing invisible things at him.

nimbus006
Wow! this is getting ridiculous... I never thought i would hear that Sue could destory a celestial by creating a bubble in their throat. I seriously doubt that a bubble in Thor's throat is going to take him out when blasts from Thanos and full out blows from the Hulk and Namor do not. Isn't the effect of a bubble in the throat not being able to breathe or choking? If that's the case, I think Thor is more than capable of fighting through a choke hold from Sue Storm. That being said, I do beleive the F4 stand a chance against Thor seeing as they have taken on enemies more powerful than him. They work great together and always seem to find a way. I say Thor wins 7.5/10

Faceman
Didn't Gladiator solo the 4, quite easily..???

h1a8
Originally posted by nimbus006
Wow! this is getting ridiculous... I never thought i would hear that Sue could destory a celestial by creating a bubble in their throat. I seriously doubt that a bubble in Thor's throat is going to take him out when blasts from Thanos and full out blows from the Hulk and Namor do not. Isn't the effect of a bubble in the throat not being able to breathe or choking? If that's the case, I think Thor is more than capable of fighting through a choke hold from Sue Storm. That being said, I do beleive the F4 stand a chance against Thor seeing as they have taken on enemies more powerful than him. They work great together and always seem to find a way. I say Thor wins 7.5/10

Again these are not comic fights but forum ones. Comic fights nearly always don't show the truth of what can happen if characters are fighting with the best of their ability. There is too much PIS and CIS and SmvFL in comic fights. But forum fights do.

This is also a forum where one has to explain how one would win and not that they should win. Obviously people have different opinions.
Characters beating other characters in comics will not be the actually truth most of the time given that we were given their powers and knowledge and duked it out for ourselves.

I have stated valid reasons why Sue defeats thor alone.
No one has refuted them (I don't think no one can).
Thus it still stands that FF owns Thor.

Please no more comic fight reasoning. Use forum fight reasoning instead.

lando005
Originally posted by nimbus006
Wow! this is getting ridiculous... I never thought i would hear that Sue could destory a celestial by creating a bubble in their throat. I seriously doubt that a bubble in Thor's throat is going to take him out when blasts from Thanos and full out blows from the Hulk and Namor do not. Isn't the effect of a bubble in the throat not being able to breathe or choking? If that's the case, I think Thor is more than capable of fighting through a choke hold from Sue Storm. That being said, I do beleive the F4 stand a chance against Thor seeing as they have taken on enemies more powerful than him. They work great together and always seem to find a way. I say Thor wins 7.5/10 the thing with the bubble tactic is if you cant breath you cant fight although i wouldnt say the throat i would go for the lungs and expand it out until she pushed all the air out of him

Grimm22
that is soo uncalled for.... the black guy 's always the first to go

Not if it's Sam Jackson wink

Besides, nowadays its not as much the black guy who gets killed off first in movies, as it is the annoying stupid chick who everybody hates and just wants to be killed off laughing

Superboy Prime
Lando don't turn this into another Sue vs Thor thread. Thor would obliterate Sue 10/10. Ladies go first after all. Thor's far too versatile for the FF to put him down without prep in a forum fight.

PS - I wonder if Thor's Mjolnir could absorb and manipulate Sue's power source.

Silent Master
Thor can hold his beath for hours and going to that extreme is just going to make him mad and that is the last thing the FF want to do.

h1a8
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Lando don't turn this into another Sue vs Thor thread. Thor would obliterate Sue 10/10. Ladies go first after all. Thor's far too versatile for the FF to put him down without prep in a forum fight.

PS - I wonder if Thor's Mjolnir could absorb and manipulate Sue's power source.

How would Thor defend against sue's tactics of bubble inside him while her shield is on or her simply
flying around him invisible with her shield on throwing invisible weapons at him?

The reason this is a sue vs. Thor fight because the other 3 don't have a chance except to distract him.

Superboy Prime
How will Sue defend herself from getting teleported out of orbit, the sun or a black hole? Take into consideration Thor's speed, reaction time and overall reflexes are superior to Sue's.

Silent Master
Rain doesn't go through invisible objects therefore he would be able to tell where she is at.

h1a8
How will Sue defend herself from getting teleported out of orbit, the sun or a black hole? Take into consideration Thor's speed, reaction time and overall reflexes are superior to Sue's.

Thor can't teleport anyone. He can only open a portal and go through it (or send people through it).
In all his showings, it takes at least some seconds to conjure up a portal.
While sue can instantly place a bubble inside him and expand it

or fly around him invisible and do the thing.

The Pict

or fly around him invisible and do the thing.

"and do the thing"

I'm puzzled by this confused stick out tongue

lando005
Not if it's Sam Jackson wink

Besides, nowadays its not as much the black guy who gets killed off first in movies, as it is the annoying stupid chick who everybody hates and just wants to be killed off laughing true enough but for a while there we were the ones who always bit the dust first during the horror films

Superboy Prime
Ok. No teleportation. How will she react in time to a Mjolnir pitch at light speed? She won't unless her shield is up before the match. His superior speed and reflexes triumph her's and Mjolnir will literally make her body explode upon impact.

lando005

PS - I wonder if Thor's Mjolnir could absorb and manipulate Sue's power source. i wasnt trying to i was just explaining why some people would think sue can beat thor it is a valid move that i've seen her do (atleast a variation of it) atleast once before..... and i dont think thor si THAT much more powerful than the F4 i mean you got to admit they've handled worse on the fly before it would be a tough battle but i think they can beat him

lando005
Thor can hold his beath for hours and going to that extreme is just going to make him mad and that is the last thing the FF want to do. you misunderstood what i meant was it's possible for her to form 2 bubbles inside his lungs and expand them until they fill his lungs that would push all the air out of thor so it wouldnt be possible to hold his breath he'ld pass out from lack of oxygen

Silent Master
And Thor is just standing there while she does this?

lando005
And Thor is just standing there while she does this? of course not but that doesn't mean she wont try and on the same token the F4 aren't gonna wait around to get pumbbled by thor either

Silent Master
Thor can flood the entire area in seconds, that plus lightning strikes is going to mean that Sue isn't going to have much concentration to spare trying to pull the bubble trick.

Superboy Prime
Clor made her nosebleed. Imagine what the true asgardian God will do to Sue?

lando005
alot of thor's abilities still require him to go through the movements, he still needs to either twirl or bang his hammer to get an effect it's not instant not to mention they do work well as a team if they go with the bubble move the others would buy time for sue somehow, but that's not the only option availible there's more they can do i cant think of every single little thing right now but there's no way you can say thor stomps the F4 even without prep i think thor would win the majority but i think ur underestimateing them

Silent Master
Like banging a hammer really takes all that much time.

lando005
Clor made her nosebleed. Imagine what the true asgardian God will do to Sue? by the way why does everybody assume clor is that much weaker than thor? a clone's a clone i dont hear anybody saying ben was inferior to peter the only diffrence here is the hammer it cant copy all of mjlorin's abilities and may or may not get the same amount of output

Validus
Even if we assume Clor is physically equal to the real deal, his Mjolnir is nowhere close in power and isn't as versatile.

lando005
Originally posted by Validus
Even if we assume Clor is physically equal to the real deal, his Mjolnir is nowhere close in power and isn't as versatile. clor should be equal to the real thor i understand what ur talking about with the hammer but we only saw him use it once we dont really know the power rating on that thing yet

Soljer
Originally posted by Mindship
IMHO, that seems like the same kinda PIS which brought us the Batkick. Hell, why doesn't she just stop Galactus with a bubble?

Because.....it was revealed that the Celestials are made of the same material as Sue's bubbles.

Or they come from the same dimension, or something along those lines.

Don't exaggerate the feat - she didn't blast open something of celestial level durability, she just so happened (read: PIS) to have exactly what was needed exactly when it was needed.

Also, Clor is NO approximation of Thor.

Meh!

Thor. 10/10.

lando005
Because.....it was revealed that the Celestials are made of the same material as Sue's bubbles.

Don't exaggerate the feat - she didn't blast open something of celestial level durability, she just so happened (read: PIS) to have exactly what was needed exactly when it was needed.

Meh!

Thor. 10/10. how is he not he's a freaking clone not a construct in terms of their physical bodies ben = peter as is clor = thor

Accel
She did stab Galactus once with a force-field. Can't recall what happened afterwards, though, but I think it just pissed him off.

Soljer
how is he not he's a freaking clone not a construct in terms of their physical bodies ben = peter as is clor = thor

So....the Odinforce/Asgardian Magic is solely based upon DNA, then?

lando005
So....the Odinforce/Asgardian Magic is solely based upon DNA, then? he doesnt's have the odinforce anymore, i can understand not haveing the same abilities with the hammer but anything that thor's physical body is capable of doing clor should be able to do as well, as far as the mystic thing is going spidy's suppost to be some kinda mystical totem(i really dont agree with that) and he still had a perfect science grown clone

h1a8

Meh!

Thor. 10/10.

Show that it mentioned this
Doesn't matter anyway since it shows that she has the power to press against its chest. I see no advantage here (them being the same material). its like metal on metal. Nothing more.

How would something hard being made of the same material of something else that is hard be an advantage over another material, whether harder?

Soljer
he doesnt's have the odinforce anymore, i can understand not haveing the same abilities with the hammer but anything that thor's physical body is capable of doing clor should be able to do as well, as far as the mystic thing is going spidy's suppost to be some kinda mystical totem(i really dont agree with that) and he still had a perfect science grown clone

I'm aware that he doesn't have the Odinforce anymore, but I would believe that his power still stems from it, as all of Asgard's power does.

I refuse to believe that you can clone the sort of power held within a GOD based on DNA alone. There has to be some magical element that transcends the nucleic acids.

h1a8
I'm aware that he doesn't have the Odinforce anymore, but I would believe that his power still stems from it, as all of Asgard's power does.

I refuse to believe that you can clone the sort of power held within a GOD based on DNA alone. There has to be some magical element that transcends the nucleic acids.

Doesn't matter as it was the writer's intent for him to have the exact powers of Thor.

Silent Master
he doesnt's have the odinforce anymore, i can understand not haveing the same abilities with the hammer but anything that thor's physical body is capable of doing clor should be able to do as well, as far as the mystic thing is going spidy's suppost to be some kinda mystical totem(i really dont agree with that) and he still had a perfect science grown clone

Thor channels his power through Mjolnir, if the fake hammer is less powerful than the real one it is only logical that it wouldn't be as good at channeling Clor's power.

Soljer
Doesn't matter as it was the writer's intent for him to have the exact powers of Thor.

I'm not gonna call you an idiot or anything...but...where was it stated that the clone is EXACTLY as powerful as Thor?

h1a8
Thor channels his power through Mjolnir, if the fake hammer is less powerful than the real one it is only logical that it wouldn't be as good at channeling Clor's power.

Only when using the Godforce does he channel his energies.
The hammer itself has powers of its own

Silent Master
Only when using the Godforce does he channel his energies.
The hammer itself has powers of its own

He also channels his weather control powers through the hammer.

lando005
Thor channels his power through Mjolnir, if the fake hammer is less powerful than the real one it is only logical that it wouldn't be as good at channeling Clor's power. that should be the only diffrence but clor himself should be an exact replica of thor himself that's what a clone is so i dont she how clor could be weaker his hammer is the only diffrence

Silent Master
And he channels his power through the hammer therefore if the hammer is weaker it's only logical that it wouldn't do as good a job at channeling his power, hence weaker lightning.

Grimm22
If Sue is stupid she will let Thor hit her fields with his hammer directly

This may KO her on its self. erm

However, Lightning won't hurt Sue that much

Soljer

You still haven't elaborated on a single attack the four could pull off to down Thor....your only response was 'team work' which really doesn't describe what they could do to get past Thor's Durability.

Ben's Punches? hahaha, gotta be kidding me.

A few fireballs? Nothing to Thor.

Sue's shield-in-the-lung? Not with Thor's god-granted-durability.

Reed's constriction? Maybe if Thor needs a nice warm blanket.

erm.

Soujaboy

Thor could simply have Mjolnir phase through Sue's shied, ala Kang.

Soujaboy
You still haven't elaborated on a single attack the four could pull off to down Thor....your only response was 'team work' which really doesn't describe what they could do to get past Thor's Durability.

erm.

thumb up

D-Block
Thor FTW

DarkCrawler
Thor VS the Fantastic Four, no prep?

Thor wins...

lando005
And he channels his power through the hammer therefore if the hammer is weaker it's only logical that it wouldn't do as good a job at channeling his power, hence weaker lightning. i'm not doubting that but everyone is saying that clor himself is weaker than thor that has nothing to to with the hammers i'm just talking physical bodies, by the way what's the power rateing on clor's hammer? just how well can it copy thor's?

Galan777
Originally posted by hulk10
Thor's hammer could use rain to put out the torch,knock back the thing,snowstorm to freeze fantastic and if he found the invisible woman(bye,bye),but the four has a small chance to stop thor but i'm going with the god. Yeah with no prep the Thor takes this....... but it would be a good fight...

lando005

erm. you sound like the 4 have never taken on someone of thor's caliber before

Soljer
you sound like the 4 have never taken on someone of thor's caliber before

Both of you, now, are still avoiding the question with fruitless double talk.

lando005
Both of you, now, are still avoiding the question with fruitless double talk. why did you quote urself?

Priest
Thor wins

Grimm22

erm.

Thor doesn't win a 10/10 no expression

A 9/10 at most, but not a 10/10 no

Soljer
why did you quote urself?

Because I could use the EXACT same post I already used in response to yours. It wasn't worth my effort to re-type it, especially if you aren't going to read the thread anyways - since I already addressed your points.

The other "you" in the "both of you" was grimm. And he STILL hasn't addressed my question.

I wait.

h1a8
And he channels his power through the hammer therefore if the hammer is weaker it's only logical that it wouldn't do as good a job at channeling his power, hence weaker lightning.

He doesn't channel anything through it but the Godforce through the hammer.
The hammer can summon weather by one of its enchantments. That means who ever can possess mjolnir can do the same things thor can do with it (except Godblast).

And obviously, The cloners of Thor has tapped into the source of mjlonir's mystical magic. Otherwise the hammer couldn't do anything.
Thus if they can do that with a hammer then I see no reason why that couldn't do it with flesh. Thus it makes since that clor could do anything that Thor could do equally well (since they have the same atomic structure).

It was marvel's intention for clor to be just as powerful as thor.
This isn't real life stuff. So stop rationalizing his powers.
His powers lie only in the intention of the writers. Nothing more.

lando005
Because I could use the EXACT same post I already used in response to yours. It wasn't worth my effort to re-type it, especially if you aren't going to read the thread anyways - since I already addressed your points.

The other "you" in the "both of you" was grimm. And he STILL hasn't addressed my question.

I wait. oh ok that whole "both of you" part kinda threw me off since the only other person quoted was urself, now it makes sense

lando005

I wait. other than that you got to admit it's not like the F4 are gonna be pushovers here they got a lot of experiance when it comes to things like this i cant say how exactly other than some things that have already been said but i dont think it's gonna be a shutout in thor's favor

Soljer
other than that you got to admit it's not like the F4 are gonna be pushovers here they got a lot of experiance when it comes to things like this i cant say how exactly other than some things that have already been said but i dont think it's gonna be a shutout in thor's favor

No doubt they are experienced, and powerful. However, NO ONE in the thread has addressed the question I originally posed. Hence, I see no other outcome than a shut out....

Silent Master
He doesn't channel anything through it but the Godforce through the hammer.
The hammer can summon weather by one of its enchantments. That means who ever can possess mjolnir can do the same things thor can do with it (except Godblast).

And obviously, The cloners of Thor has tapped into the source of mjlonir's mystical magic. Otherwise the hammer couldn't do anything.
Thus if they can do that with a hammer then I see no reason why that couldn't do it with flesh. Thus it makes since that clor could do anything that Thor could do equally well (since they have the same atomic structure).

It was marvel's intention for clor to be just as powerful as thor.
This isn't real life stuff. So stop rationalizing his powers.
His powers lie only in the intention of the writers. Nothing more.

No, the power to summon weather is Thor's not the hammers.

rotiart
The mere fact that "civil war" has introduced the fact that even gods can be cloned now... can you imagine that tech falling into the wrong hands... Jesus.. an army of obediant Thor clones... or worse yet Xavier Clones that did your bidding?

the Darkone
Thor wins,

They fought before Thor took them apart, hit sue shield so hard she passed out and literally beat the sh** out of the Thing. If Thor goes all out they are so f**ked is not even funny.

Soljer
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor wins,

They fought before Thor took them apart, hit sue shield so hard she passed out and literally beat the sh** out of the Thing. If Thor goes all out they are so f**ked is not even funny.

Glad someone has some sense.

Soujaboy
Thor wins,

Finally someone post something intelligent.

h1a8
No, the power to summon weather is Thor's not the hammers.

Are you on something?

It has been stated billions of times by marvel that the hammer itself has the power to summon elements of the storm. It is one of its main enchantments. All one has to do is be worthy to possess it.

h1a8
Thor wins,

That is a comic fight, this is a forum one. In comic fights, characters almost always never fight to the best of their abilities. I've stated countless times of a strategy sue can use to ensure victory. Yet no has or can refute that strategy. Thus it still stands that FF will always win.

Silent Master
Are you on something?

It has been stated billions of times by marvel that the hammer itself has the power to summon elements of the storm. It is one of its main enchantments. All one has to do is be worthy to possess it.

Try again, its been stated by Marvel that the ability to summon weather is Thor's.

Thor can and has summoned weather without the hammer before

Silent Master
That is a comic fight, this is a forum one. In comic fights, characters almost always never fight to the best of their abilities. I've stated countless times of a strategy sue can use to ensure victory. Yet no has or can refute that strategy. Thus it still stands that FF will always win.

And the best of Thor's ability would have him winning this fight.

nimbus006
Its Thor the god of thunder, not Mjolnir the god of thunder.

Priest
Try again, its been stated by Marvel that the ability to summon weather is Thor's.

thumb up

Grimm22
Thor wins,

Indeed no expression

Regular Thor wins 8-9/10

Warrior Madness Thor 10/10

Mindship
That this thread has lasted this long is testament to Sue's force field PIS.

manorastroman
sue has never used her forcefield in any way being described. the celestial thing was utter moronic PIS (celestials are allergic to hyperspace? yeahbutwhat?), and i've never seen her explode anybody from the inside, much less somebody of thor's stature.

remember, CIS is still on.

and i would like to point out that any decent TK could do everything sue could and more. i don't really understand why people act like force bubbles are sue exclusive.

h1a8

Yet the inscription on Mjolnir is "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of... Thor".

Thus the hammer itself contains the necessary power to summon elements of the storm. All you have to be is Worthy.

Silent Master
Read what you just posted "the power of Thor" meaning that the power it grants is Thor's.

rotiart
Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns...

do you see him having a giant gravitational pull?
big grin

My car has 160 horsepower... does it eat hay?

You know I'm just messin big grin

h1a8
Read what you just posted "the power of Thor" meaning that the power it grants is Thor's.

That is correct. I never said Thor didn't have any godly energies within him to do certain things like a Godblast (Even though I never seen him summon elements of storm without Mjolnir-please show this).

I said that the hammer itself has the power to summon elements of storm. It is said everywhere, from all the official bios from Marvel to the unofficial ones, that Mjolnir has the power to summon storm. It is one of the enchantments that is officialyl written by Marvel. That is why Beta Ray Bill can use Stormbreaker to create storms while Thor is using him own. Thus Stormbreaker has powers of its own (The exact powers of Mjolnir to be exact).

Silent Master
He has done it as far back as JIM when he was firing lightning out of his hands.

h1a8
He has done it as far back as JIM when he was firing lightning out of his hands.

If you can't give a scan then at least give the title and issue #.
It may not even be canon for all we know.

Silent Master
Since when isn't JIM canon, that is what Thor's title was called before it was changed to 'the Mighty Thor'.

h1a8
Since when isn't JIM canon, that is what Thor's title was called before it was changed to 'the Mighty Thor'.

Ah you mean Journey into Mystery.
I forgot that. Please give issue # though or scan.
Please note that would be consider SvsFL since he hasn't did that anytime soon and with the fact the Marvel currently says that the hammer itself can summon elements of the storm.

I wouldn't consider Journey into Mystery as evidence as it contradicts a lot of things Thor can do now. For example, it was established in JIM that Thor is susceptible to high caliber fire and was required to block or absorb many attacks with his hammer.

Silent Master
Journey into mystery, it's what Thor's book was called for the first 125 issues, after that it was renamed 'The Mighty Thor'.

Silent Master
Found a scan, it's part of this respect thread.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=040414154248&q=thorion

However when clicking on links in the thread it's listing the pictures as being temp unavailable, not sure if it's a problem with site he used to upload the pics or if they were just removed.

h1a8
We are getting off the subject and on a tangent.

I say

In her official bios from marvel.com http://marvel.com/universe/Invisible_Woman

she is capable of generating and manipulating multiple psionic force fields simultaneously. Thus she can shield herself, create a bubble in Thor, and become

invisible simultaneously. Then she can fly around Thor invisibly while expanding the bubble. Thus reducing the number of hits to her shield by her

invisibility and evasiveness.

She can make her shields instantly in time. For she has done so many times in order to stop bullets, lasers, lightning from Thor's clone Clor, and even

physical assaults by very fast characters in the nick of time. Some will call that PIS that she stop those things because they think she has only human

reflexes. But she has done them countless times. But yet she can do something with her mind that no human can do. That is, she can manipulate multiple

psionic fields simultaneously. What human can do multiple things at once where each thing requires super precise thought? This shows that her mental

abilities are above human and in which they have been altered and upgraded by her power giving accident. Thus it makes sense that she has the ability to get

her shield up instantly before those PIS mentioned attack strikes. Plus planning is allowed before the opening bell (forum rules). Thus all she has to do is

plan to put up a shield, become invisible, put bubble in Thor (all at the same time), and then fly invisibly around Thor and expand the bubble all before the

bell. So when the fight starts, she will already have the bubbles and invisibility up and ready to go.

Another tactic is that she can become invisible and shield herself simultaneously at the start. Then she can fly around Thor evasively and invisibly while

throwing invisible weapons at him. Such as powerful battering rams, sharp darts, spears, and cutting discs (all invisible). Her cutting weapons are known to

cut through solid steel with ease. And her battering rams have tremendous destructive power (from what I've seen from the best of them I honestly think

several of them is capable of knocking Thor out). Thor won't be able to see her to pound her shield and would be able to see the weapons she throws at him to

block them.

If Thor wins then please explain how he gets around these two strategies.
And I know that in a comic, Sue and the FF will always lose. But this is a forum fight. A big difference

Mindship
We are getting off the subject and on a tangent.

I say

In her official bios from marvel.com http://marvel.com/universe/Invisible_Woman

she is capable of generating and manipulating multiple psionic force fields simultaneously. Thus she can shield herself, create a bubble in Thor, and become

invisible simultaneously. Then she can fly around Thor invisibly while expanding the bubble. Thus reducing the number of hits to her shield by her

invisibility and evasiveness.

She can make her shields instantly in time. For she has done so many times in order to stop bullets, lasers, lightning from Thor's clone Clor, and even

physical assaults by very fast characters in the nick of time. Some will call that PIS that she stop those things because they think she has only human

reflexes. But she has done them countless times. But yet she can do something with her mind that no human can do. That is, she can manipulate multiple

psionic fields simultaneously. What human can do multiple things at once where each thing requires super precise thought? This shows that her mental

abilities are above human and in which they have been altered and upgraded by her power giving accident. Thus it makes sense that she has the ability to get

her shield up instantly before those PIS mentioned attack strikes. Plus planning is allowed before the opening bell (forum rules). Thus all she has to do is

plan to put up a shield, become invisible, put bubble in Thor (all at the same time), and then fly invisibly around Thor and expand the bubble all before the

bell. So when the fight starts, she will already have the bubbles and invisibility up and ready to go.

Another tactic is that she can become invisible and shield herself simultaneously at the start. Then she can fly around Thor evasively and invisibly while

throwing invisible weapons at him. Such as powerful battering rams, sharp darts, spears, and cutting discs (all invisible). Her cutting weapons are known to

cut through solid steel with ease. And her battering rams have tremendous destructive power (from what I've seen from the best of them I honestly think

several of them is capable of knocking Thor out). Thor won't be able to see her to pound her shield and would be able to see the weapons she throws at him to

block them.

If Thor wins then please explain how he gets around these two strategies.
And I know that in a comic, Sue and the FF will always lose. But this is a forum fight. A big difference

Sue at her best is inspiringly surprising as she masterfully manipulates her fields and forces.
If that's what a human can do, imagine what a god can do. By sheer measure of energy, Blondie will nigh overwhelm her IF he strikes with the same instant ferocity as she. This is, of course, assuming he first tones down his godly reflexes and not vaporize anyone before Sue even has a chance to think. If we're gonna dial Sue up to her 10, let's dial Thor up to his 10.

h1a8
Sue at her best is inspiringly surprising as she masterfully manipulates her fields and forces.
If that's what a human can do, imagine what a god can do. By sheer measure of energy, Blondie will nigh overwhelm her IF he strikes with the same instant ferocity as she. This is, of course, assuming he first tones down his godly reflexes and not vaporize anyone before Sue even has a chance to think. If we're gonna dial Sue up to her 10, let's dial Thor up to his 10.

I don't care is Thor is up to 100000000000000000.
Sue gets her shield up by the above reasoning. And Thor can't vaporize anyone instantly. That's some serious fanboy stuff there.
Please explain how he gets around these two strategies.

Be a debater and not an opinion giver.

Accel
And Thor can't vaporize anyone instantly.
Sue can't do any thing instantly either.

manorastroman
thor can do anything sue can, only faster and better. you think thor can't make a force bubble? come on. ANY telekinetic can imitate sue's power. stop pretending she has the market cornered on force bubbles. you haven't proven anything, h1a8. you've just refused to back down. that's not admirable debating, that's admirable pigheadedness.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>