Jerry Brukheimer interview!! GooD!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
Sheila Roberts of moviesonline.com caught up with PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN producer Jerry Bruckheimer recently, and she seized the moment to ask if, due to the phenomenal success of DEAD MAN'S CHEST, there were plans to extend the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow beyond the third installment, AT WORLD'S END. Here's what Ms. Roberts asked Mr. Bruckheimer:

SR: What have you seen in the poster for PIRATES 3 that's got you really excited?

JB: We have Chow Yung-Fat which is really interesting and exciting. It's a thrill to be able to work with him. There's always new stuff. We've got an ending that's amazing. It's really a nice ride and it's still filming.

SR: Is Keith Richards in it?

JB: He's in it. We finished him. He's filmed. He's got a small little cameo.

SR: Is his head okay now?

JB: Apparently. He was great to be with. He didn't want to leave. He was having the best time.

SR: Is there going to be a PIRATES 4?

JB: I hope so. I hope so if we could come up with a good story. I think we have a big jump on a story that we're going to do.

SR: When I interviewed you for the second one, you said, 'Oh, we don’t know yet.' With the latest one doing so well, it seems there may be a fourth one coming out?

JB: Yeah, we hope so. We hope so.

I Think this looks very hopeful for 4 dont ya think!!! YAY!!

mmoviejunkie
yeah! thats a very good sign!

Mistypirate
Guys I found more news regarding POTC 4, is a definite go for Johnny, but it doesn't say anything about Keira, or Orlando. I personally wouldn't mind for Orlando, but if Keira is not there It wouldn't be the same. What do yous think?
Here's the article...

Capt. Jack Sparrow will buckle his swash for a fourth instalment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Jerry Bruckheimer confirms.

"We've got a good jump on a story we're going to do," the producer tells the Sun when asked about continuing Sparrow's adventures beyond next summer's At Worlds End.

"We hope to (do more sequels)."

Clearly, any plans to leave Pirates a trilogy ended about the time July's Dead Man's Chest grossed a record-shattering US$132 million in its opening weekend, eventually crossing the $1 billion mark in worldwide box office.

Key to any Pirates 4, 5 or 6 is the participation of Johnny Depp, of course; fortunately for Bruckheimer and Co., Depp has publicly stated he'd be up for more high-seas action.

The third episode will bow in May during an impossibly competitive month that also sees Spider-Man 3 and Shrek The Third premiere.

(Reports Orlando Bloom would be killed off in the third instalment have been officially denied, although one has to wonder how much longer Bloom wants to play second mate to an over-the-top Depp.)

Joining Depp, Bloom and Keira Knightley in At Worlds End -- which is still shooting -- are Chow Yun Fat (as Capt. Sao Feng) and, in a cameo, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.

"He was great to be with. He didn't want to leave; he was having the best time," Bruckheimer says.

Is his head OK after he fell out of a tree in Fiji?

"Apparently."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/11/05/2241715.html

mmoviejunkie
maybe if keira and orlando aren't in the 4th then it will be jack's life before them
i really can't see them continuing without keira and orlando, it'll just be so empty

LovelyOne
MEH^^ Orlando can be gone i dont mind that lol.

"JB: I hope so. I hope so if we could come up with a good story. I think we have a big jump on a story that we're going to do. "

INTERESTING I MUST SAY!! wink

me have a feeling on something..

do people honestly think Jack would be interesting to watch again in movie 4 if he was gonna be exactly the same as he was in movie 1 whilst leaving movie 3?..things need to change..IMO the "promise Jack just being exactly the same in character for another movie"..its gonna get boring to the audience and critics will probably slate it etc..IMO he needs an ARC.Jack showing development = good..1 billion for DMC says it all

LovelyOne
they obviously had a 4 planned whilst writing movie 2 and 3..and the way movie 3 ends in the revision script..I cant see how it will continue from THAT moment..but I can see it being a prequel.

there's also an interesting line Jack says in his purgatory..when i think of that and Kates rumor from on set about movie 4 being a re-invention rather than a continuation from AWE..it makes sense IMO..

Chiki Mina
im confused...I mean I love Jack Sparrow and all but like if theres no elizabeth with Will well I guess I could handle that, well it would be kind of boring..

LovelyOne
Elizabeth as a character has too much potential. If she's not to be in the 4th it would be a silly choice IMO..

Chiki Mina
Sigh...yeah. Her character hasnt fully developped. Her character cannot be ended like that in AWE. If they havent mentioned about keira, well there is no confirmation nor negative news about her reprising the role as Elizabeth. Maybe it's giving away too much. I guess they just want us to wait near when the movie comes.

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by LovelyOne
MEH^^ Orlando can be gone i dont mind that lol.

"JB: I hope so. I hope so if we could come up with a good story. I think we have a big jump on a story that we're going to do. "

INTERESTING I MUST SAY!! wink

me have a feeling on something..

do people honestly think Jack would be interesting to watch again in movie 4 if he was gonna be exactly the same as he was in movie 1 whilst leaving movie 3?..things need to change..IMO the "promise Jack just being exactly the same in character for another movie"..its gonna get boring to the audience and critics will probably slate it etc..IMO he needs an ARC.Jack showing development = good..1 billion for DMC says it all

lol-yeah orlando doesn't have to be in it, but keira has to

LovelyOne
This whole..Liz dying thing..I think this is another thing from the Disney rumor machine..to throw audiences off the scent of something

that stupid spoiler on Podcast is BS IMO..

Chiki Mina
I just dont trust anything anymore...I rather just wait.

tee_pirategirl
same here but I DEFINITELY know that Johnny'll be in P4 I have the magazine where they did an exclusive interview with him and they ask him about his role and everythin' then he says "I got a kick out of playing jack it's a perfect extention to my fantasy self..I'll definitely be up for playin him again..no really! as long as the writers come up with a plot I'm up for it" and keira's HINTED that she'll be up for a 4..maybe if johnny agrees to kiss her some more she'll stay??! lol anyways I hope she does

Jack of Blades
It looks as this day is not all dark and cold(Exept in My Country,Its Winter big grin)

a-k-a-amber
i just hope they dont go and recast elizabeth if keira doesn't sign on...

Thorin
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Sheila Roberts of moviesonline.com caught up with PIRATES OF

SR: Is there going to be a PIRATES 4?

JB: I hope so. I hope so if we could come up with a good story. I think we have a big jump on a story that we're going to do.

SR: When I interviewed you for the second one, you said, 'Oh, we don’t know yet.' With the latest one doing so well, it seems there may be a fourth one coming out?

JB: Yeah, we hope so. We hope so.

I Think this looks very hopeful for 4 dont ya think!!! YAY!!

Ohhh, this made my day happier.
I hope so too, a POTC 4!!

But, I hope they keep the spirit of POTC all the way! I think they are losing it a little bit...

More Pirates of the Caribbean, more pirates adventures rolling on floor laughing

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
i just hope they dont go and recast elizabeth if keira doesn't sign on...

Oh man I hope not-I doubt. Keira is perfect for the role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.