Beast versus Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
bloodlust on

jollyjim311
Beast is fast. Spider-Man's faster.
Beast is strong. Spider-Man's stronger.
Beast is smart. Spider-Man's (questionably) smarter.
Beast is good at hand to hand. Spider-Man's better.
Beast is agile. Spider-Man's agile...er.

Spider-Man outclasses him.

masterbruce
Beast is hairy. Spiderman is hairier?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
Beast is hairy. Spiderman is hairier? only where he needs to be...shifty

jollyjim311

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by jollyjim311
No. Spider-Man > Puberty.

huh? confused

Soljer

Co-signed ish.

There have been arguments made for Beast being class 25.

Likewise, there have been arguments made for Beast being class 2.

If he's the former, he's stronger than Spidey, even if not by a lot.

jollyjim311
No way he's class 25.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Soljer

There have been arguments made for Beast being class 25.

Ever bothered to check out the type of poster that usually defends that theory? You really should.

PRAYERRUN
I think that Spidey & Beast pretty much even out as far as strength goes. as for Spidey being smarter than beast....NOT!!!stick out tongue Spidey, although I love the character, is just a wizz compared to Beast.

jollyjim311
Yeah, that was an exaggeration... but, his intelligence isn't comparatively higher than Spidey's. Certainly not that much higher that he would take the win.

lando005
unless i'm mistaken about beast now and days
strength spider-man > beast
speed spider-man > beast
agility spider-man > beast
intel spider-man < beast
h2h spider-man = beast

now if this was classic spidy and beast

strength spider-man > beast
speed spider-man = beast
agility spider-man = beast
intel spider-man < beast
h2h spider-man = beast

don't shiv
Beast loses.

inamilist
I'd say Beast is PROBABLY smarter than spiderman, though in a really weird way

However, it doesn't matter REALLY in this fight unless you give them prep and a copy of eachothers DNA

Spidey, 8-9/10

Give them prep, and I'd lean a LITTLE to beast, give him the 5/10 split

short answer, genetics is harder than chemestry

long answer, stuff beast has done with human and mutant dna/genes is, comparitively, a little more advanced than the chemestry/engineering stuff peter comes up with. However, the stuff beast has come up with is rarely for combat situations, he is more of the house scientist who would cook something weird up in a lab.

just my 2 cents on this one smile

Tha C-Master
Beast and Peter are both Smart, Peter is more resourceful however...

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Beast and Peter are both Smart, Peter is more resourceful however...

Ninja Turtles? stick out tongue

Oh, and this fight has been done too many times.
I can probably sum up the main points:
1. Beast needs an upgrade
2. Beast get's owned
3. Spiderman near outclasses him in the majority of catagorys, ontop of having the spider sense, webbing, etc.
4. If this is current Spidey (as in Iron) it shouldnt be much of a fight
5. Beast is arguably smarter, but his smarts isnt generally applicable to battle

lando005
Originally posted by inamilist
I'd say Beast is PROBABLY smarter than spiderman, though in a really weird way

However, it doesn't matter REALLY in this fight unless you give them prep and a copy of eachothers DNA

Spidey, 8-9/10

Give them prep, and I'd lean a LITTLE to beast, give him the 5/10 split

short answer, genetics is harder than chemestry

long answer, stuff beast has done with human and mutant dna/genes is, comparitively, a little more advanced than the chemestry/engineering stuff peter comes up with. However, the stuff beast has come up with is rarely for combat situations, he is more of the house scientist who would cook something weird up in a lab.

just my 2 cents on this one smile really not much to say about this... i just wanted to point out that peter's specialty isn't chemestry it's bio physics

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

2. Beast get's owned
3. Spiderman near outclasses him in the majority of catagorys, ontop of having the spider sense, webbing, etc.
5. Beast is arguably smarter, but his smarts isnt generally applicable to battle Turtles rule! It's now my homepage. stick out tongue

Happy Dance That's so hot...

Oh, and I agree with your post. laughing

grey fox

2. Beast get's owned
5. Beast is arguably smarter, but his smarts isnt generally applicable to battle

Beast is more of a Doctor then anything....

SpunkySmurph
Turtles rule! It's now my homepage. stick out tongue

Happy Dance That's so hot...

Oh, and I agree with your post. laughing

laughing

Well, we're off topic...

No. Spider-Man > Puberty.

Spidey owns puberty?

laughing The newest member of the sinister six.

Wonder Man
The way i understood things; although not the way i prefer them to be is that Beast is 40 ton strength. Spider-man is 15 ton.
All that aside however this is a fight to determine not even really who will win but who is the better fighter; if you see the difference.
Now i've seen Spider-man pin Wolverine in the same named one shot title.
However as far as fighters go...Beast is a bit like a little Hercules. When he wraps you up he really grabs ya.
I give it to the real Mccoy!

batdude123
Originally posted by Wonder Man
The way i understood things; although not the way i prefer them to be is that Beast is 40 ton strength. Spider-man is 15 ton.
All that aside however this is a fight to determine not even really who will win but who is the better fighter; if you see the difference.
Now i've seen Spider-man pin Wolverine in the same named one shot title.
However as far as fighters go...Beast is a bit like a little Hercules. When he wraps you up he really grabs ya.
I give it to the real Mccoy!

Beast isn't even close to being a 40 tonner.

Wonder Man
Oh well maybe you just weren't around in those days when X-factor was formed and forward from there when his strength dramaticly increased.
I hadn't heard of any decreases since but i haven't been following closely as of late and things change. Its possible that when he mutated into cat beast that he lost some strenght but i doubt it.

lando005
Oh well maybe you just weren't around in those days when X-factor was formed and forward from there when his strength dramaticly increased.
I hadn't heard of any decreases since but i haven't been following closely as of late and things change. Its possible that when he mutated into cat beast that he lost some strenght but i doubt it. in all honesty i've never heard of beast being that strong he's been a 2 tonner for as long as i can remember

batdude123
I hadn't heard of any decreases since but i haven't been following closely as of late and things change. Its possible that when he mutated into cat beast that he lost some strenght but i doubt it.

Beast has NEVER been a 40 tonner.

Wonder Man
Beast was a two tonner when he was an avenger in the early days when angle was an avenger.

H. S. 6
Beast was a two tonner when he was an avenger in the early days when angle was an avenger.

Do you have scans to show he's even close to a 40-tonner?

batdude123
Hank is really outclassed here, sorry to say. Peter is faster, stronger, more agile, a better fighter, has better reflexes, has a ranged attack (webbing), etc. etc.

Granted, Henry is very agile, and very strong, but Peter is simply better. You'd be hardpressed to find a character more agile than Peter when it comes to up close fighting in a combat situation.

Hank doesn't really have a single advantage that could be put to good use against Spider-man in a fight. He could perhaps beat him in a prepping battle, but that's another argument entirely.

If CIS is turned off, I really don't see Beast landing a hit. And honestly, Peter shouldn't be hit by street-levelers. I'm sorry, but Peter is all too impressive in the speed/reflex/agility department to be hit by Beast, if he really doesn't want to be hit. The only reason guys like Wolverine, Cap, DD, etc. can really hang with Spider-man in a combat situation is to make the fight interesting.

With that said, Peter wins every single time.

geshien
Originally posted by batdude123
Hank is really outclassed here, sorry to say. Peter is faster, stronger, more agile, a better fighter, has better reflexes, has a ranged attack (webbing), etc. etc.

Granted, Henry is very agile, and very strong, but Peter is simply better. You'd be hardpressed to find a character more agile than Peter when it comes to up close fighting in a combat situation.

Hank doesn't really have a single advantage that could be put to good use against Spider-man in a fight. He could perhaps beat him in a prepping battle, but that's another argument entirely.

If CIS is turned off, I really don't see Beast landing a hit. And honestly, Peter shouldn't be hit by street-levelers. I'm sorry, but Peter is all too impressive in the speed/reflex/agility department to be hit by Beast, if he really doesn't want to be hit. The only reason guys like Wolverine, Cap, DD, etc. can really hang with Spider-man in a combat situation is to make the fight interesting.

With that said, Peter wins every single time.

i really have to disagree with you on the speed and agility here. i'd say that they are matched in that department. i've seen hank really move. secret wars and the ultimate x-men books. (please don't ask me to go look for scans, just believe me, i don't have a reason to lie)

however when it comes to strength, i think web head has hank beat. i don't know by how much but i don't think i've ever seen hank lift a car.

i'd say parker also has better durability than hank.

brains/strategy aren't going to be an advantage for either combatant.

parker has spidey sense on his side, and webbing.

hank isn't neccesarily (completely) out classed here but he loses due to spidey sense and equipment.

it's a good fight that sees spiderman tipping his hat to a defeated beast.

batdude123
Originally posted by geshien
i really have to disagree with you on the speed and agility here. i'd say that they are matched in that department. i've seen hank really move. secret wars and the ultimate x-men books. (please don't ask me to go look for scans, just believe me, i don't have a reason to lie)

however when it comes to strength, i think web head has hank beat. i don't know by how much but i don't think i've ever seen hank lift a car.

i'd say parker also has better durability than hank.

brains/strategy aren't going to be an advantage for either combatant.

parker has spidey sense on his side, and webbing.

hank isn't neccesarily (completely) out classed here but he loses due to spidey sense and equipment.

it's a good fight that sees spiderman tipping his hat to a defeated beast.

Trust me, I know Hank can move. I have plenty of X-Men books where Hank displays mind-boggling agility and speed. However, he still falls way short of Spider-man in those categories. It's especially in Peter's favor because he has a pre-cog sense (spider-sense) to aid his agility and speed. Beast is not so fortunate. So overall, Hank falls short of Spider-man.... in pretty much everything.

(Btw, Ultimate X-Men is not canon in the 616 universe)

So Spider-man still wins 9-10/10.

jrodslam
I just wanna say that the obvious doesnt always work. Yea Spidey is faster, stronger, more agile, but we all know that doesnt always guarentee a win. I do agree that Spidey beats Beast for the majority. I just wanted to make tht little point.

I personally think Beast is overrated on this forum. People usually have him winning battles against others, yet doesnt have the feats to back it up. Hell, Beast doesnt do well vs the likes of Cap or DD. Spidey beats him 8/10 imo.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
I just wanna say that the obvious doesnt always work. Yea Spidey is faster, stronger, more agile, but we all know that doesnt always guarentee a win. I do agree that Spidey beats Beast for the majority. I just wanted to make tht little point.

It doesn't guarantee a win, you're correct, but it's a strong basis for comparison between the two. Otherwise, we'd all be saying vastly inferior characters would be beating the superior characters.

I personally think Beast is overrated on this forum. People usually have him winning battles against others, yet doesnt have the feats to back it up. Hell, Beast doesnt do well vs the likes of Cap or DD. Spidey beats him 8/10 imo.

I really don't know what to think of Beast on these forums. Sometimes I see him overestimated, and other times I see him being vastly underrated.

Oh well, doesn't change the fact that Spider-man whomps him.

geshien
Originally posted by batdude123
Trust me, I know Hank can move. I have plenty of X-Men books where Hank displays mind-boggling agility and speed. However, he still falls way short of Spider-man in those categories. It's especially in Peter's favor because he has a pre-cog sense (spider-sense) to aid his agility and speed. Beast is not so fortunate. So overall, Hank falls short of Spider-man.... in pretty much everything.

(Btw, Ultimate X-Men is not canon in the 616 universe)

So Spider-man still wins 9-10/10.

fair enough

geshien
btw, could someone please explain the whole "616" thing to me?

King_Mungi
616 is the numerical number of the mainstream Marvel universe, each alternate reality has a different number to identify it. The Ultimate universe is completly seperate from the 616 universe and has a different number.

geshien
Originally posted by King_Mungi
616 is the numerical number of the mainstream Marvel universe, each alternate reality has a different number to identify it. The Ultimate universe is completly seperate from the 616 universe and has a different number.

ok, thank you much. smile

Tha C-Master
It works when they are vastly superior in several categories or much better in one alone... or have telepathy or something.

He isn't even a better fighter, so he's not winning that much.

jrodslam
It works when they are vastly superior in several categories or much better in one alone... or have telepathy or something.

He isn't even a better fighter, so he's not winning that much.

I agree to a point. I mean there are some ways for characters to get around being inferior to their oponent that can help them split even at times. Thats why i say that just focusing on stats arent always the best way to go. In this case however, i do agree that Beast has no skill/ability that helps him get many wins here.

Tha C-Master
I agree to a point. I mean there are some ways for characters to get around being inferior to their oponent that can help them split even at times. Thats why i say that just focusing on stats arent always the best way to go. In this case however, i do agree that Beast has no skill/ability that helps him get many wins here. Well of course in a comic. Spiderman would pretty much always beat Colossus in a comic, because he would always outsmart him, but in a match like this (which is theoretical) you are pretty much drawing a list of abilities and comparing them with their personalities in mind (unless stated otherwise). Spiderman would never beat Colossus here, because he has no way to.

jrodslam
Well of course in a comic. Spiderman would pretty much always beat Colossus in a comic, because he would always outsmart him, but in a match like this (which is theoretical) you are pretty much drawing a list of abilities and comparing them with their personalities in mind (unless stated otherwise). Spiderman would never beat Colossus here, because he has no way to.

With most battles on this forum, we have to think in comic terms as well to a degree. I mean if we have Spidey against Colossus, yea people would say colossus wins, but many people would still say that depending on the setting Spidey would beat him by outsmarting him as well. If we decide who wins by comparing stats/abilities all the time, wed have all those with superior stats the victor of every battle.

Tha C-Master
With most battles on this forum, we have to think in comic terms as well to a degree. I mean if we have Spidey against Colossus, yea people would say colossus wins, but many people would still say that depending on the setting Spidey would beat him by outsmarting him as well. If we decide who wins by comparing stats/abilities all the time, wed have all those with superior stats the victor of every battle. Which makes the most sense unless one set of stats is negated by another i.e intangibility, telepathy. I don't think it should be stats alone but a combination of them all... The thing is it isn't quite comics... hence why characters can speedblitz and whatnot here even they don't do it in comics, it has to be capable within their powers.

lando005
With most battles on this forum, we have to think in comic terms as well to a degree. I mean if we have Spidey against Colossus, yea people would say colossus wins, but many people would still say that depending on the setting Spidey would beat him by outsmarting him as well. If we decide who wins by comparing stats/abilities all the time, wed have all those with superior stats the victor of every battle. location is also a key factor

SpunkySmurph
Which makes the most sense unless one set of stats is negated by another i.e intangibility, telepathy. I don't think it should be stats alone but a combination of them all... The thing is it isn't quite comics... hence why characters can speedblitz and whatnot here even they don't do it in comics, it has to be capable within their powers.

And their personality. Which is exactly why CIS is valid, and why people like Absorbing Man don't always completley dominate, and not nearly to the extent that someone like Victor von Doom would, if given the same powers

jrodslam
Which makes the most sense unless one set of stats is negated by another i.e intangibility, telepathy. I don't think it should be stats alone but a combination of them all... The thing is it isn't quite comics... hence why characters can speedblitz and whatnot here even they don't do it in comics, it has to be capable within their powers.

And thats what i believe holds more weight in deciding battles. Which stat/ability negate the other. I do think in some cases one stat can negate all other stats by the oponent, in which you mentioned the intangibility, telepathy or whatever. Now with the "capable within their powers" arguement, im all for a speedblitz. The problem i have withmany people using it is the fact that thats all it would take for a win. Second is that eventhough it may SEEM capable within their powers, many of the people who are said to speedblitz at the beginning of a fight(although may be capable of doing so), cant even fight at high speeds. I guess thats when the term "within character" or "consistant" comes into play eventhough bloodlusted applies here too.

Either way, Beast doesnt have any skill/ability/power that helps him secure a good amount of wins against Spidey. All he has going for him is being smater which doesnt help him much against someone who has better tactical/combat smarts than he does.

Tha C-Master
And their personality. Which is exactly why CIS is valid, and why people like Absorbing Man don't always completley dominate, and not nearly to the extent that someone like Victor von Doom would, if given the same powers I agree.

And thats what i believe holds more weight in deciding battles. Which stat/ability negate the other. I do think in some cases one stat can negate all other stats by the oponent, in which you mentioned the intangibility, telepathy or whatever. Now with the "capable within their powers" arguement, im all for a speedblitz. The problem i have withmany people using it is the fact that thats all it would take for a win. Second is that eventhough it may SEEM capable within their powers, many of the people who are said to speedblitz at the beginning of a fight(although may be capable of doing so), cant even fight at high speeds. I guess thats when the term "within character" or "consistant" comes into play eventhough bloodlusted applies here too. If they can't fight at high speeds, then they shouldn't be able to do it. Surfer and Thor aren't even certified speedblitzers on this forum.

Either way, Beast doesnt have any skill/ability/power that helps him secure a good amount of wins against Spidey. All he has going for him is being smater which doesnt help him much against someone who has better tactical/combat smarts than he does. Yes

jrodslam
If they can't fight at high speeds, then they shouldn't be able to do it. Surfer and Thor aren't even certified speedblitzers on this forum.

I usually dont hear of Thor speedblitzing at the beginning of a match, but Surfer is ALWAYS mentioned as doing that to obtain the first hit or ko in battle. Id say the split is about 50/50. Some say he can and others say hes never done so and havent seen much proof that say otherwise. Yet its still used that Surfer would speedbitz in batte and just as easily gets shut down.

Tha C-Master
I usually dont hear of Thor speedblitzing at the beginning of a match, but Surfer is ALWAYS mentioned as doing that to obtain the first hit or ko in battle. Id say the split is about 50/50. Some say he can and others say hes never done so and havent seen much proof that say otherwise. Yet its still used that Surfer would speedbitz in batte and just as easily gets shut down. Yes, like I said (or meant to say) it is still debatable, unlike Superman and Flash.

SpunkySmurph
I usually dont hear of Thor speedblitzing at the beginning of a match, but Surfer is ALWAYS mentioned as doing that to obtain the first hit or ko in battle. Id say the split is about 50/50. Some say he can and others say hes never done so and havent seen much proof that say otherwise. Yet its still used that Surfer would speedbitz in batte and just as easily gets shut down.

Then theres the other side of the coin.

Take Wonder Woman for example.
An amazing fighter with tons of skill and expierience. AND extremley fast. But she's NEVER mentioned to speedblitz at the beginning of battle. Or, hardly ever.
Why?
Simply, because in the comics she hardly ever does. I don't think its a stretch to say she could, with some ease.

The panels always affect peoples decision on an outcome, whether they should or not.

Tha C-Master
Then theres the other side of the coin.

Take Wonder Woman for example.
An amazing fighter with tons of skill and expierience. AND extremley fast. But she's NEVER mentioned to speedblitz at the beginning of battle. Or, hardly ever.
Why?
Simply, because in the comics she hardly ever does. I don't think its a stretch to say she could, with some ease.

The panels always affect peoples decision on an outcome, whether they should or not. I've heard her to do it against Street Levelers (there's that word again), but not guys like Superman and Surfer, because they are simply much faster.

SpunkySmurph
I've heard her to do it against Street Levelers (there's that word again), but not guys like Superman and Surfer, because they are simply much faster.

Well, even then, you're hardpressed to come up with enough reasonable, doubtless scans for there to be much of a difference.

But, true enough, she doesnt usually get put in fights where thats applicable.

But, when she could and doesn't, is that CIS? Possibly. Either way, things like such usage of power directly affects forum fights. It's similair to Thor's sheilds

Tha C-Master
Well, even then, you're hardpressed to come up with enough reasonable, doubtless scans for there to be much of a difference.

But, true enough, she doesnt usually get put in fights where thats applicable.

But, when she could and doesn't, is that CIS? Possibly. Either way, things like such usage of power directly affects forum fights. It's similair to Thor's sheilds I haven't had too much argument against it, I've heard that Street Levelers should be able to speedblitz (I.e Wolverine and Thing), someone who flies at subsonic speeds should be able to, even if not as well.

If Thor can make shields and it's in his power, it shouldn't be a problem IMO, no different than Flash's IMP.

masterbruce
well, I think there is a problem with taking the powers at their peak.

Look at Flash, he's no longer even used in any threads any more because on KMC versus, he's a true God. We keep elevating these characters beyond what they really are.

In the future instead of Superman or wolverine, we could just say super strong invincible man who flies and quick healing fighter with adamantium claws since all we care about is their powers and not how they actually use it.

SpunkySmurph
I haven't had too much argument against it, I've heard that Street Levelers should be able to speedblitz (I.e Wolverine and Thing), someone who flies at subsonic speeds should be able to, even if not as well.

If Thor can make shields and it's in his power, it shouldn't be a problem IMO, no different than Flash's IMP.

I know, I'm not trying to say you were. Just discussing how characters are portrayed. It's not a different as people say, between the comics and KMC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by masterbruce
well, I think there is a problem with taking the powers at their peak.

Look at Flash, he's no longer even used in any threads any more because on KMC versus, he's a true God. We keep elevating these characters beyond what they really are.

In the future instead of Superman or wolverine, we could just say super strong invincible man who flies and quick healing fighter with adamantium claws since all we care about is their powers and not how they actually use it. It gets annoying, but then again, if you are just going to go by what's happened in their history and not take into account that writers water them down, what's the point of having an open-ended discussion?

Jyppe
I'd like to add that Beast has used pressure point attacks once or twice on his career Last time I remember him using him them was during that whole Neo sh*t. Ororo's friend was being held by some kind of man with super stats and then Beast attacked him and said that it's easy for him as he knows the entire human anatomy to make him release his prisoner.

I'll look for the issue number..

masterbruce
It gets annoying, but then again, if you are just going to go by what's happened in their history and not take into account that writers water them down, what's the point of having an open-ended discussion?

It seems that KMC versus is really just a "who's more powerful between these 2" rather than a true versus forum, which becomes rather boring very quickly.

My idea of a good versus forum would be where posters actually wrote mini-scenarios of HOW the battle would take place instead of just picking someone instead of some one sentence answer. And then, whoever portrays the most credible scenario will win. This way we can take characteristics and the way characters actually are into effect.

Tha C-Master
We've had those threads before actually.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Jyppe
I'd like to add that Beast has used pressure point attacks once or twice on his career Last time I remember him using him them was during that whole Neo sh*t. Ororo's friend was being held by some kind of man with super stats and then Beast attacked him and said that it's easy for him as he knows the entire human anatomy to make him release his prisoner.

I'll look for the issue number..

He should know pressure points he's a doctor.(even thow it wouldn't mean he would know how to use them in a fight, since doctors never really fight I believe).

And for his strenght I agree he doesn't have much feats but still in the X-Facor serie's he's a real powerhouse.

In X-factor 33 he resists, Apocalipse ship who try's to restrain him because he transforms from human to beast form, breaks free and causes a local earth quake by hitting the ground with his hands, he knocks out Frenzy a character who looks a lot like Luke Cage.
She's a mutant with superhuman strenght and has a steel hard skin.

Hank did trash a bulldozer in X-factor 35 with his bare hands.
He flipped over a Flamethrower truck (I know it sounds silly a truck that fire's flame's).

In X-Factor Annual #04 he goes up against Attuma (who's a 40 tonner on land, in water he's even stronger), but under water he hits beast and beast is saying to himself that he is almost as strong as Attuma, but can't move in the water like him.

And there are more feats of beast strenght in the X-Factor serie's.

But he also got his chance to be the powerhouse of the team this time with no Rogue or Colossus around.

ExtraMision5555
Literal Intelligence? I would be very inclined to give that to beast. As for combat though, im guessing spiderman most likely wins

carver9
A lot of people on this form is guessing when it comes to beast. Beast is a better fighter because for 1 he is being trained by wolverine and 2 he is in the danger room all the time. Another thing you all are guessing on is the agility factor. Beast is as agile or he could be more agile than spiderman. Beast power is his agility so how could you say that spiderman is more agile. I have seen beast dodge bullets punches, jump 30 feet, he is as agile as spiderman. Another thing, beast strength HAS BEEN INCREASED, DRAMATICALLY he is are could be stronger than spiderman but strength dont matter in these fights especially 10 ton strength because beast have faced a lot stronger. I would like to give you all a list of THE NEW BEAST POWERS, read them in weep and I think that beast could take spiderman 7 out of 10.

Powers: de-evolutionary regressive mutation gives him enormous physical mass, superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, dexterity and intelligence, cat-like vision, enhanced hearing and sense of smell, accelerated healing abilities, thick blue fur, razor sharp fangs and claws on his fingers and toes, formerly possessed a human appearance with enlarged hands and feet, a less-powerful simian form, and at one time possessed strength that increased when necessary by feeding off his intellect, augmenting his physical power while reducing his mind

You all know you trip me out with this spiderman speed crap. when he becomes the flash let me know but beast speed is super human also.

batdude123
*sigh*

Originally posted by carver9
A lot of people on this form is guessing when it comes to beast. Beast is a better fighter because for 1 he is being trained by wolverine and 2 he is in the danger room all the time.

We're not guessing when it comes to Beast's fighting prowess, just simply unimpressed. Beast hasn't shown anything to make anyone believe he'd win this fight on fighting skills alone (which he can't), so this is a rather moot point. Peter has developed his own very affective fighting style that encompasses his agility, speed, and strength. Not to mention this is helped out vastly by his spider-sense. When it comes down to it, Peter is the more efficient and better fighter.

Another thing you all are guessing on is the agility factor.

Please. Spider-man is in a league of his own when it comes to agility.

Beast is as agile or he could be more agile than spiderman.

no

Beast power is his agility so how could you say that spiderman is more agile.

Simply because Beast's mutant ability allows him to be extremely agile, doesn't mean he's Spider-man's equal, or superior for that matter.

I have seen beast dodge bullets, punches, jump 30 feet, he is as agile as spiderman.

WOW!!! Nothing Spider-man doesn't do on a daily basis with EASE. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Another thing, beast strength HAS BEEN INCREASED, DRAMATICALLY

Guess what sport? Spider-man's strength has ALSO been upgraded. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He is or could be stronger than spiderman

HANK stronger than SPIDER-MAN???!!! I'm sorry, but I lol'd. laughing out loud

but strength dont matter in these fights especially 10 ton strength because beast have faced a lot stronger.

Peter has obviously faced stronger opponents as well. Shit, the majority of his rogues are stronger than Hank is.

Btw, Peter's about class 20 now. wink

I would like to give you all a list of THE NEW BEAST POWERS

They still amount to shit when it comes to Spider-man.

read them in weep and I think that beast could take spiderman 7 out of 10.

You're out of your mind.

enormous physical mass

WOWZERS!!! I can envision Spider-man wetting his tights right now!! laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

superhuman strength

*yawn*

Spider-man's stronger.

speed

Pete's faster.

agility

Peter is more agile.

endurance

The fight wouldn't even last that long.

reflexes

Don't even TRY to compare Beast's reflexes to Spider-man's.

dexterity and intelligence

Both MEANINGLESS for this fight.

cat-like vision, enhanced hearing and sense of smell,

Um.... Spider-sense anybody???

accelerated healing abilities

This "accelerated healing ability" you're talking about allows him to heal from minor things such as a cold faster than a normal person could. Wow!!! lol

thick blue fur

OH NOES!!! Is Beast gonna.... SHED on him??!!! Peter's done for... DONE FOR I TELL YA!!!

razor sharp fangs and claws on his fingers and toes

Hank wouldn't even touch Peter if Peter didn't want him to. He's also got a trump card (among others lol) on Hank. Webbing. Beast isn't gonna like having a mouth full of that shit... and then get pounded on.

formerly possessed a human appearance with enlarged hands and feet, a less-powerful simian form, and at one time possessed strength that increased when necessary by feeding off his intellect, augmenting his physical power while reducing his mind

All mean nothing to this fight.

You all know you trip me out with this spiderman speed crap. when he becomes the flash let me know but beast speed is super human also.

When Beast actually SPEEDBLITZES somebody, let me know.

Simply put, Hank is outclassed in damn near every way. erm

jrodslam
A lot of people on this form is guessing when it comes to beast. Beast is a better fighter because for 1 he is being trained by wolverine and 2 he is in the danger room all the time. Another thing you all are guessing on is the agility factor. Beast is as agile or he could be more agile than spiderman. Beast power is his agility so how could you say that spiderman is more agile. I have seen beast dodge bullets punches, jump 30 feet, he is as agile as spiderman. Another thing, beast strength HAS BEEN INCREASED, DRAMATICALLY he is are could be stronger than spiderman but strength dont matter in these fights especially 10 ton strength because beast have faced a lot stronger. I would like to give you all a list of THE NEW BEAST POWERS, read them in weep and I think that beast could take spiderman 7 out of 10.

Powers: de-evolutionary regressive mutation gives him enormous physical mass, superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, dexterity and intelligence, cat-like vision, enhanced hearing and sense of smell, accelerated healing abilities, thick blue fur, razor sharp fangs and claws on his fingers and toes, formerly possessed a human appearance with enlarged hands and feet, a less-powerful simian form, and at one time possessed strength that increased when necessary by feeding off his intellect, augmenting his physical power while reducing his mind

Uhh, Beast is a better fighter than Spidey because hes trained by Wolverine and trained in the danger room for years?no All that SHOULD make him a better fighter than Spidey, but frankly it doesnt. I do agree that he may be slightly less agile than Spidey. However its not just the agility here. Spidey is faster and stronger and is a better combatant than Beast.

You mention that Beast's strength has been increased dramatically and you also mentioned that you were gonna list the "NEW" Beast powers. What you posted doesnt seem new at all. It still doesnt state how strong he is. Only that when he goes into feral mode, he loses intelligence for strength. Somthing that wouldnt be a good trait when fighting Spidey. Rhino anyone?

I dont think anyone is saying that Beast doesnt have enhanced or superhuman speed. Id personally say more to the enhanced side. Either way, he isnt faster than Spiderman. Im in no way saying that Spidey's speed is Flash-like, but Beast just doesnt have what it takes to land many successful hits. Its not like he has a sense that lets him know where and when Spideys gonna move.shifty

Tha C-Master
Of course Spiderman could just sit on the ceiling and stay out of his way permenantly. I'd imagine he might have to move every once in awhile... smile

Renetto
Beast gets used for a fur coat for MJ.

Zahit
Spiderman outclasses Beast in every way except science and body hair.
He'd give a good fight for a while, but there's no way
Beast wins this...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Renetto
Beast gets used for a fur coat for MJ. Why used?

Renetto
He wins it ??? Who would want to win that ?? sick

Tha C-Master
Blue would look good on some people...

Renetto
I personally love blue. Maybe with a hint of Corum. smokin'

Brutacus
HANK stronger than SPIDER-MAN???!!! I'm sorry, but I lol'd.

Thrust me in iff beast still has his strenght he had in X-factor he is STRONGER than Spiderman

Wonder Man
I like Beast for his fighting skill for which he gets practically no credit and his agility which is decicive. He's more agile than trained fighters like Cap or Wolverine which puts him high in class...and speaking of class his IQ makes him more dangerous than a killer like Sabertooth.
Beast gets the best of Spider-man who really is a bit cocky...don't anyone think so.

Estacado

crylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaughcrylaugh
No wonder you think Wolverine beats Spider-Man

A lot of people on this form is guessing when it comes to beast. Beast is a better fighter because for 1 he is being trained by wolverine and 2 he is in the danger room all the time. haermm

Wonder Man
Come on. Wolverine stands up to Juggernaut. He'd teach Spider-man his lesson and everyone knows it.

Estacado
Come on. Wolverine stands up to Juggernaut. He'd teach Spider-man his lesson and everyone knows it.
Not really Wolverine get's slapped by Cain and he is Ko'd.

Wonder Man
You mean to say that someone on this board thinks that Spider-man can beat beserker Wolverine...produce him now.

Estacado
You mean to say that someone on this board thinks that Spider-man can beat beserker Wolverine...produce him now.
no expression

willRules
Beast is one of, if not my favourite X-man and I think he is vastly underrated but I'm afraid Spidey wins this yes

willRules

wavey

Muck101

I've got a hard time believing that Spidey would be better at hand to hand or intelligence. In fact, I'm damn positive spidey is much dumber than beast. Beast has more combat experience, he's smarter, and his agility is at least on-par with spideys. Hell, beast has out manuvered (or however you spell that damn word) Nightcrawler on several occasions. Beast is fairly passive in nature, but I've got a feeling he'd tear spidey to shreds with bloodlust on.

carver9
Read this and it will tell you how strong beast is. Beast>>spiderman in strength.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Beast_%28Hank_McCoy%29

carver9
Lets see what spiderman says about beast agility and this was hairless less powerful beast.
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen035page13dc0.jpg

Heres a example of beast strength and this was hairless less powerful beast.
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hy22pg04gx1.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xf024pg14dx5.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor025page16on8.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfactor028page11wo4.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5562/uncannyxmen322large18ju1.jpg

Agility
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2156/ucxm01311zs2.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sagility2ie9.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sagility4zf3.jpg

Fighting the juggernaut (depowered jugs but he was still in the 100 ton range and indestructible.)
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/9057/page10wf2.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/728/page11kf4.jpg
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2412/page12ra5.jpg
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7435/page13xe1.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1074/page16it0.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1782/page14mj1.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9378/page17ys5.jpg

Here is classic beast almost killing kraven.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1751/hy17pg18ov7.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1525/hy17pg19mo7.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/525/hy17pg20xa8.jpg

Rewmac
That Juggernaut was a really bad written one you know that? That's like the shittest I've seen from him. But nevermind. Try looking for when Beast faced the 90s Unstoppable version and got pimp slapped.

carver9
Originally posted by Rewmac
That Juggernaut was a really bad written one you know that? That's like the shittest I've seen from him. But nevermind. Try looking for when Beast faced the 90s Unstoppable version and got pimp slapped.

I know that it was a low showing and he was depowered, alot in that comic. Something was feeding off of his powers, draining him. But he was still in the 100 ton range and he was still invulnerable. That was a good showing for beast.

Rewmac
I know that it was a low showing and he was depowered, alot in that comic. Something was feeding off of his powers, draining him. But he was still in the 100 ton range and he was still invulnerable. That was a good showing for beast. Indeed. Good showing for Beast...

lando005
beast really doesn't have any sort of advantage over spider-man they are about even in terms of speed and agility (or atleast in the same league considering spidy's upgrade since the other) and over all i would place hank at just the next teir above peter in terms of science the diffrence in their brain feats could be explained by the fact that they specialize in two diffrent fields of science lastly with no long range attacks he's left open for webbing attacks soo from a tactical standpoint i would give it to the spider

carver9
Originally posted by lando005
beast really doesn't have any sort of advantage over spider-man they are about even in terms of speed and agility (or atleast in the same league considering spidy's upgrade since the other) and over all i would place hank at just the next teir above peter in terms of science the diffrence in their brain feats could be explained by the fact that they specialize in two diffrent fields of science lastly with no long range attacks he's left open for webbing attacks soo from a tactical standpoint i would give it to the spider

well beast is stronger than spiderman. He is class 30 - 40.

carver9
the only thing that spiderman has over beast is his webbs but what beast have over spiderman is razor sharp claws and healing factor and acute senses (but spiderman has the spidersense).

lando005
well beast is stronger than spiderman. He is class 30 - 40. since when? i don't keep up with the xmen too much so i dont know about all their upgrades

lando005
the only thing that spiderman has over beast is his webbs but what beast have over spiderman is razor sharp claws and healing factor and acute senses (but spiderman has the spidersense). and the ability to stick to walls which depending on the location of the fight makes a diffrence

lando005
it's a good fight all the way through they are both pretty even

carver9
Im looking at it in my marvel encyclopedia, it says that his strength is in the 45 ton range but from his bio it say 30 and above.

Here ya go.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Beast_%28Hank_McCoy%29

carver9
and the ability to stick to walls which depending on the location of the fight makes a diffrence

true, but the only thing that would change anything about beast not sticking to walls is if theyre fighting in a iron room but if it cement, i have seen beast still stick to the smooth surface because he sticks his claws through the surface and is still able to wall climb.

Rewmac
Im looking at it in my marvel encyclopedia, it says that his strength is in the 45 ton range but from his bio it say 30 and above.

Here ya go.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Beast_%28Hank_McCoy%29 Never trust that site. Beast is around 5 ton. I haven't seen him lift a bust or anything.

carver9
I also think that beast is the better fighter since he was taught by captain america and wolverine, two of the best martial artist on the planet and he has the danger room to also boost his skills.

Rewmac
I also think that beast is the better fighter since he was taught by captain america and wolverine, two of the best martial artist on the planet and he has the danger room to also boost his skills. I'm not saying anything in this thread but the last 5 years of their feats are makin' Spidey a winner...But I'm not sayin' he'd win.

carver9
Never trust that site. Beast is around 5 ton. I haven't seen him lift a bust or anything.

I have seen him lift a sentinel in a recent comic. I have also seen him pick up a ship that spiral was in and throw it pretty far. Now by marvel encyclopedia it says that his strength is 45 tons. Can we use that instead. You do know that beast has gotten like a huge power increase.

carver9
I'm not saying anything in this thread but the last 5 years of their feats are makin' Spidey a winner...But I'm not sayin' he'd win.

true and the reason why spiderman has more feats is because he has his own comic. Ok does this sound better. Beast took on a being that beat wolverine, colossus, kitty pride, and cyclops and defeated it by himself. Is that better.

lando005
I also think that beast is the better fighter since he was taught by captain america and wolverine, two of the best martial artist on the planet and he has the danger room to also boost his skills. peter was self taught and was able to compete with both of them not directly in a hand to hand fight mind you but neither one could fight spiderman and come out of it unnjured (except logan with his healing factor) and since that time he has received training from the both of them. Plus and i know this point may sound invalid to you but pete's been fighting most of his career solo oppose to beast who has almost always been a team player. This may sound irrelivent but it does make a diffrence between the two

carver9
peter was self taught and was able to compete with both of them not directly in a hand to hand fight mind you but neither one could fight spiderman and come out of it unnjured (except logan with his healing factor) and since that time he has received training from the both of them. Plus and i know this point may sound invalid to you but pete's been fighting most of his career solo oppose to beast who has almost always been a team player. This may sound irrelivent but it does make a diffrence between the two

It makes a lot of sense, cant down it but with you saying that, that gives kind of a edge to beast since teams fight veeery powerful people and beast has to be there to fight them also (even though its not solo.). Classic beast has already beaten two of spiderman enemies

Rewmac
It makes a lot of sense, cant down it but with you saying that, that gives kind of a edge to beast since teams fight veeery powerful people and beast has to be there to fight them also (even though its not solo.). Classic beast has already beaten two of spiderman enemies Spidey fought powerful foes too. Beast is smart. Spidey's main weapon in this fight is reflexes and spider-sense.

lando005
It makes a lot of sense, cant down it but with you saying that, that gives kind of a edge to beast since teams fight veeery powerful people and beast has to be there to fight them also (even though its not solo.). Classic beast has already beaten two of spiderman enemies not quite seeing how it's a team effort altough he was still trying his best he still had his teammates to count on which dulls his fighting edge even in the slightest spiderman on the other hand only has himself to count on throught most of his life small things like will set them apart when the battle goes down the wire

carver9
not quite seeing how it's a team effort altough he was still trying his best he still had his teammates to count on which dulls his fighting edge even in the slightest spiderman on the other hand only has himself to count on throught most of his life small things like will set them apart when the battle goes down the wire

Well spiderman dont have a powerful rogue gallery. Majority of his rogue,he usually beats them by out thinking them. So that dont count for anything since he dont fight them physically majority of the time (example: sandman, hydro). I dont see where that would make a difference since both are pretty smart, giving the edge to beast. Wolverine is a team player but has beaten sabertooth who has been fighting solo almost his entire career.

Beast is very underestimated on these forums. He is stronger than spiderman and is just as fast and agile as spiderman.

tkitna
If Beast is indeed a 30 to 40 tonner while retaining his usual skills, I think he takes the majority.

lando005
Well spiderman dont have a powerful rogue gallery. Majority of his rogue,he usually beats them by out thinking them. So that dont count for anything since he dont fight them physically majority of the time (example: sandman, hydro). I dont see where that would make a difference since both are pretty smart, giving the edge to beast. Wolverine is a team player but has beaten sabertooth who has been fighting solo almost his entire career.

Beast is very underestimated on these forums. He is stronger than spiderman and is just as fast and agile as spiderman. spider-man has quite a powerful rogue gallery the majority of his greater foes are quite intellegent and are on par with both beast and spiderman in that area and again seeing as how spiderman almost always fights alone i think he will fight just a bit harder than beast would in a solo match

carver9
spider-man has quite a powerful rogue gallery the majority of his greater foes are quite intellegent and are on par with both beast and spiderman in that area and again seeing as how spiderman almost always fights alone i think he will fight just a bit harder than beast would in a solo match

Why would he fight harder. Beast has fought cap solo. Wonderman solo. Powerhouse solo. Captain america solo. Spiral solo.. etc...but that dont change the fact that he is a great fighter on or off a team. I understand what your saying and its a good point but just not in this fight.

Wolverine has been on a team his entire career but he has owned spiderman numerous of times.

carver9
good post though and it does make sense. Not arguing about that.

lando005
good post though and it does make sense. Not arguing about that. yea and you make very valid points it's just to me this fight is very very close and when two people are so evenly matched like this those tiny details make all the difference

carver9
yea and you make very valid points it's just to me this fight is very very close and when two people are so evenly matched like this those tiny details make all the difference

true; thats why i havent picked anyone yet.

lando005
true; thats why i havent picked anyone yet. i think at this point location and conditions of the fight are needed

carver9
well Im about to head out. Ill debate with you all tomorrow.

Badabing
Beast is capable of giving Spidey a good fight. I just don't think his solo feats are close to Spidey's feats. Plus, KMC rules heavily favor Parker. We can debate agility, reflexes, speed and strength but webbing is the deciding factor.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/54lbr7p.jpg

Web skis ftw! dursmart

Alfheim
Spiderman wins 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.