Shocking twist AWE?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
does anyone have the interview where Terry or Gore or someone said that the end of AWE was a shocking twist, so shocking that the movie has to be released world wide at exactly the same time?

Mistypirate
That shocking thing scares the holy patullas out of me. shocking
I'll try to look for it on the net.

LovelyOne
thanks misty xx

Mistypirate
was it an interview from box office mojo? because I found one but I dont know if its the one you are looking for.

LovelyOne
I think it might have bee. I remember reading it somewhere and someone else brought it up on the board a while back..May have been Calypso.

Mistypirate
I looked at all the threads and posts made by Calypso, but she doesn't have anything regarding that. I'm still looking for more interviews.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/features/?id=2110&p=.htm

This is a TnT interview but it doesn't say anything regarding that.

LovelyOne
she said it on a thread..it wasnt a thread made by her I dont think.

PS thanks again misty..I'm having no luck finding it lol.

Mistypirate
Lol Your welcome, I am not having any luck either, but i'll look at her posts again just to make sure.

Chiki Mina
im having no luck at all.

Mistypirate
AHA! I think I found it!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7435030&highlight=userid%3A100176#post7435030

Chiki Mina
goody

LovelyOne
YAY thankies..!!

OMG that was back when i had my bizzare Will turns evil theory laughing out loud

*eek*

Mistypirate
I was hoping to see a link, I wanted to read the whole thing. But that was good enough for me. smile

LovelyOne
yeah she read it somewhere..gonna have to wait for her to tell us where she read it.

willofthewisp
A twist? Jack was dead the whole time, just like in ____ ____ ____. Or The Black Pearl was the name of his sled. Ha ha ha. I love plot twists. So do you think that means one of them will die?

We had a talk a while back that Will would die, but nobody's mentioned that for a while. This could be tying in with that.

katelovespirate
woah there's a brainwave...

Chiki Mina
a brainwave? I have no brain at all. I hope the brainwave comes this way so i could grab one

LovelyOne
nah Will is totally bringing it on himself..everyone knows that he's gonna stab that bloomin heart...its not a twist because we find out the fate of the person who stabs the heart straight away in the nect movie from he draft script..so who ever does it has a bleak fate..Will is the one with a touch of destiny about him..Will is the one who has a touch of destinyo about him when he mentions the Dutchman laughing out loud

evilm0nki3
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
a brainwave? I have no brain at all. I hope the brainwave comes this way so i could grab one

ha ha ha

you are funny..

Mistypirate
Willoft give us a hint for your fill in the blanks.

willofthewisp
I didn't want to ruin the twist to a movie, so I'll give you hard hints.
It came out in 1998, featured a brief cameo by a member of New Kids on the Block, and the director likes to use the color red to call attention to things.

If Will does die, it still is a twist because it never says in the movie whoever stabs the heart takes Davy's place, does it? If it doesn't, most fans will be totally surprised. Not everyone joins a forum and starts guessing what will happen. I know my mom for one will be surprised....but not too sad. We saw DMC and she sat quietly during the first part and as soon as Jack made his entrance she whispered cheers to me. She knows who the real hero is.... wink

Mistypirate
New Kids in the block? ughh never mind I don't think I'm going to get it. confused

Chiki Mina
My sty doesnt let me think sad

PirateDiva
Hmmmmm Willofthewisp Not sure if im suppose to say it but i will is it The 6th Sense with Bruce Willis? That would be kinda interesting if Jack ended up being dead....i would feel kinda cheated actually!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I didn't want to ruin the twist to a movie, so I'll give you hard hints.
It came out in 1998, featured a brief cameo by a member of New Kids on the Block, and the director likes to use the color red to call attention to things.

If Will does die, it still is a twist because it never says in the movie whoever stabs the heart takes Davy's place, does it? If it doesn't, most fans will be totally surprised. Not everyone joins a forum and starts guessing what will happen. I know my mom for one will be surprised....but not too sad. We saw DMC and she sat quietly during the first part and as soon as Jack made his entrance she whispered cheers to me. She knows who the real hero is.... wink

its said straight away in movie 3 though..according to the leaked script anyway that who ever stabs the heart will turn into Davy and JAck opts to do it or something..and Will has already said he will stab it in movie 2, he's been set up to do it.

i DONT think thats the twist..and I dont think thats the ending.

willofthewisp
Uh, hmmm. To answer piratediva.....go to imdb.com and type in Donnie Wahlberg and you will see if you are right or wrong.

How do we know this script is legitimate? Didn't we get the script for the trailer that was pretty awesome but we learned it was fake?

katelovespirate
on wordplayer t and t confirmed the leaked script as an early budget draft written prior to the filming of POTC2 DMC.

They also confirmed the filming of certain scenes contained in the leaked script, including all of the Chow Yun sequences and Singapore stuff, took place a while back and are finished.

but things are likely to change a good deal. remember, in original versions of 1, Norrington made deals with Barbossa, Elizabeth and Jack kissed, etc. That all changed dramatically. Focus shifted. Major themes stayed the same.

calypso
I just read it again this weekend and I think it was on Johnny DeppZone in an interview with Jerry B. He just said that the ending is so great and surprising. He also said that threads for a 4th movie have already started, but thats all.

LovelyOne
ohhhh eek...its surprising is right IMO HEHEHEHEHEHE

OMG I'm crazy excited right now..serious..the end HAS to be something linked in with Jack otherwise..people wont be drawn into movie 4 at all IMO..its gotta be something that makes us go WOW
Terry has said both ships will be happy by the end of AWE basically..

Jack is THE most important character...he WILL be completed before movie 3 closes and we will see that in a definitive statement IMO...

I know it, I sense it. The ending will be Jack's not Will's. Jack is the most important character to me and to the majority of the audience,..if he leaves AWE incomplete as a man and it is not resolved in some way I will be PISSED and unhappy for him.

Something appears to be missing from Jack when it comes to the leaked draft script and ..he's lost something in the proccess of being brought back to earth gain...he hasn't come back properly.

calypso
Ok, last week TnT said they were filming the last scene with W/E. Did we determine if this is suppose to be the ending of the movie or just the last scene with them?

katelovespirate
i fully agree. i think they will definately give Will his moment and allow his character to reach resolution, but the ending with be all Jack. wink

agent orange to the rescue!!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by calypso
Ok, last week TnT said they were filming the last scene with W/E. Did we determine if this is suppose to be the ending of the movie or just the last scene with them?

I think its just part of the ending

LOL aye kate..agent orange will make an appearance

calypso
I'm lost. Agent orange?

katelovespirate
________of _________.

lol. just kidding.

its just us being goofy.

to sum up, we think Jack should get the focus of the ending. smile

LovelyOne
If they want to end on something memorable that will wet our appitite for a 4th..end it on the favorite character of the franchise not the support character..I have to admit..many people are getting pissed at this "this is Will's story" quote from T&T..this is JACK SPARROW its all we care about..let the twist be about him..that will well and truly be going out on a bang if its Jack and a twist and not a whimper if its Will and a twist..despite the attempts to make this a story about Will..

people dont really care for Will and I'm not even joking here.

end it on Jack and something awesome..then people will be willing to see the next movie fo sho laughing out loud

calypso
They still have alot of filming left to do. Somewhere I read that CJS was finished filming, but I also read that Gore/Jerry said that the big pirate fight scene is the end.

The cast call first wk of Oct was for that scene. I guess I am just to confused. Does that mean CJS is not in the last pirate fight scene?

LovelyOne
is it me or is it annoying people that this story isnt really about our favorite character?? Why is Jack's fimling finished already??

its very off puting and making me hate the thought of having to sit through more Will Turner in the movie than Jack Sparrow who is what makes the movie...I was bored out of my mind watching Will on the dutchman..I was like.."get to JACK already" The made Liz a more interesting character by being with Jack in the movie..and So i enjoy watching her scenes now too even when Jack is not present..they have given her potential by being with Jack so much in DMC

I dont care about Will Turner I wish they would stop trying to make his character cool and accepted on a larger scale by kids and the audience..because it just doesn't work...Will Turner will probably always fail to capture the audience like Jack Sparrow so why even make him out to be the main hero in the story? Why end it on him?..unless they are writing him out of the franchise and want him to leave it on a "bang"

I still think that ending is ALL about Jack...it would be a mistake to end a twist on Will Turner's character.

katelovespirate
who ever said Johnny was done filming? i never heard that.

i heard he was in europe last week or whatever, but that doesnt mean he's not coming back towards the end of the month for the rest of the filming.

was there a source that said he was done?

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by LovelyOne
is it me or is it annoying people that this story isnt really about our favorite character?? Why is Jack's fimling finished already??

its very off puting and making me hate the thought of having to sit through more Will than Jack Sparrow who makes the movie.

I dont care about Will Turner I wish they would stop trying to make his character cool and accepted on a larger scale..because it just doesn't work...Will Turner will probably always fail to capture the audience like Jack Sparrow so why even make him out to be the main theme in the story?..unless they are writing him out of the franchise and want him to leave it on a "bang"
since olmost no people are interested in will their efforts are futile

calypso
When they started filming DMC and did the contracts for AWE JD was to start filming Shantarum in November, but that is not going to happen and then I read were they would start filming Sweeny Todd in early February '07. I hope they are not going to digitally put him into those shots.

The last filming in the last of November has extremely tall & extremely thin men with long hair. Women with natural breasts and hair. Ppl w/ deformaties, i.e. missing an eye, leg, arm. And I know this will get ya'll going...A scuba crew.

LovelyOne
they are filming the beginning of AWE apparently in November..

katelovespirate
i believe the end of november is the shooting for the pirate battle... correct? but i also heard they were doing reshoots through january for all the principles.

scuba crew- calypso needs to go underwater,or liz drowns herself, or another ship sinks, or they all have an underwater basket weaving class/tea party with beckett.

Mistypirate
Wow, why would the need a scuba crew?

calypso
why would you need a scuba crew if Beckett is underwater. Why not just leave him alone?

LovelyOne
scuba crew might be thoe people who swim on the surface with a camera..I saw them in production photo's for CotBP when Jack was swimming in the water.

Mistypirate
maybe Becket will turn out to be a sea monster

LovelyOne
If Jack isn't pieced together and completed by the time the movie closes I will be so upset...honestly.

I dont believe that they will leave that unresolved..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.