Thor and Beta Ray Bill versus Green Lanterns Hal and Kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
fight on a desolate planet.

bloodlust ON. Everyone uses their powers to the fullest of their capabilities.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce

bloodlust ON. Everyone uses their powers to the fullest of their capabilities.

Thor/BRB

doctorstrongbad
Thor and BRB are too much for them. Clasic example of "gods" over "men". 10/10

Newjak
To the fullest of their abilities probably got to go with the Thunder Gods. They cna match for the most part a number of things the GLs can do plus they don't have to amp up their natural abilties to remain tough.

So one less thing they have to do during a fight which in battles like these can be very important.

Soljer

You're shitting me.

Seriously, someone be shitting me.

Lanterns, for at least seven or eight out of ten.

Priest
Originally posted by Soljer

You're shitting me.

Lanterns, for at least seven or eight out of ten.
nah

Newjak

You're shitting me.

Lanterns, for at least seven or eight out of ten. Not really two high level heralds against another two high level heralds the Lanterns aren't getting that easy a win erm

juggernaut66666
Been done Hal and Kyle.

Galan007

bloodlust ON. Everyone uses their powers to the fullest of their capabilities. "Fullest of their capabilities" huh?

So wouldn't this be...

Ion v.s. RKT?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Kyle recreates free will thinking JLA members and Hal Turns Brb into light. Lanterns 7/10

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan007
"Fullest of their capabilities" huh?

So wouldn't this be...

Ion v.s. RKT?
I was waiting for someone to say that. I always assume it is normal characters, so when someone says Thor it means regular thor, not king, or RKT. Same with Hal, or a guy like Thanos.

I really think BRB and Thor take Hal and Kyle 7/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I was waiting for someone to say that. I always assume it is normal characters, so when someone says Thor it means regular thor, not king, or RKT. Same with Hal, or a guy like Thanos.

I really think BRB and Thor take Hal and Kyle 7/10
How? Hal and Kyle's feats simply out do Thor and BRB's. Hell Kyle was able to create the cosmic Being Oblivion from his subconcious. And recreate free will thinking gl corps members. He was able to hold a big bang. I won't even go into Hal's feats. Nothing remotely suggest BRb or Thor have that kind of power.

Blair Wind

what soljer said no expression

masterbruce
Originally posted by Galan007
"Fullest of their capabilities" huh?

So wouldn't this be...

Ion v.s. RKT?

No, not their most powerful VERSIONS. rather just their regular versions but to the max of their abilities.

Galan007
No, not their most powerful VERSIONS. rather just their regular versions but to the max of their abilities. Gotcha...

GL's ftw.

Bentley
I get that the GL can do anything with their rings, but all their power comes essentially from the energy of the battery, how is it that two of the best energy-absorbers there are cant get the mayority on them?

Put one of the hammers absorbing whichever the GL use to defend themselves while the other one slaughter them with faster-than-light attacks. Then what?

This is not about the GL being weaker than the Hammer weilders, this is just a bad matchup.

Symmetric Chaos
GLs for a slight majority.

Stupid Rookie
Thor and BRB aren't just aout power, they have both fought and beated foes much more "powerful" than they are. Their ability to absorb energy can not be overlooked, as Bently pointed out. They have both actually cracked Galactus armor, and faced tons of high level beings.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor and BRB aren't just aout power, they have both fought and beated foes much more "powerful" than they are. Their ability to absorb energy can not be overlooked, as Bently pointed out. They have both actually cracked Galactus armor, and faced tons of high level beings.

We aren't talking about them absorbing an energy blast. We are talking about beings who can make Solid's, give themselves extra powers, and have enough will power to resist any energy absorbtion thor and brb can try and do. One has to over power someone to just absorb all thier energy. Let's not forget that please. Gl's 7/10. As Kyle restructures him and Hal's DNA to match Krytonians and they soundly beat the **** out of thor and brb with superman like abilities and thier rings.

Bentley
This is more a doubt than an argument, can you strip the power straight from the ring to make a GL powerless?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
We aren't talking about them absorbing an energy blast. We are talking about beings who can make Solid's, give themselves extra powers, and have enough will power to resist any energy absorbtion thor and brb can try and do. One has to over power someone to just absorb all thier energy. Let's not forget that please. Gl's 7/10. As Kyle restructures him and Hal's DNA to match Krytonians and they soundly beat the **** out of thor and brb with superman like abilities and thier rings.

If this argument were 2 Supermen vs. Thor and BRB I would take Thor and BRB!

nvrbeenwthagirl
If this argument were 2 Supermen vs. Thor and BRB I would take Thor and BRB!

I said it would be like two superman WITH GL rings and experience. You can bet Two Superman with hal and kyl's experience would beat the tar out of Thor and BRB. and with the Gl's ability to restructure thier dna, it's all possible for them to do so.

juggernaut66666
Didn't Kyle create daxamites who had access to the Speed Force?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Didn't Kyle create daxamites who had access to the Speed Force?

YEs if I remember correctly.

Stupid Rookie
I said it would be like two superman WITH GL rings and experience. You can bet Two Superman with hal and kyl's experience would beat the tar out of Thor and BRB. and with the Gl's ability to restructure thier dna, it's all possible for them to do so.

So two people who are not used to fighting with Superman's powers are all the sudden going to know how to use it to the full extent.

This is like arguing that SS can turn his opponents into toilet paper and wipe his butt with them (literally)

nvrbeenwthagirl
So two people who are not used to fighting with Superman's powers are all the sudden going to know how to use it to the full extent.

This is like arguing that SS can turn his opponents into toilet paper and wipe his butt with them (literally)

They dont' have to be used to fighting with Superman's Powers. They pretty much already can. They can give themselves better than Superman invulnerability with thier shields. They can fly as fast or faster than Superman. The rings help them with reaction times. Their Beams are superior to Superman's heat vision. But we see that Kyle gave himself extra power before and was able to use it. They dont' have to be as good as superman. Given the fact that they are already too much for Thor and BRB, them giving themselves extra powers and or creating an army of Daxamites is all they need to soundly beat Thor and BRB.

Bentley
Did someone see my question over there?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bentley
This is more a doubt than an argument, can you strip the power straight from the ring to make a GL powerless?

NO you can't. You have to be able to a high tier energy wielder with direct energy matching powers or able to channel thier source correctly. Takion can drain them easily. Monica Rambeau can match the energy but not drain it. Thor and BRB don't have the will power to just take Hal and kyle's energy. You have to out will power someone to just suck up thier energy. Especially if they are fighting back. Dont' you think The GL's face energy absorbers and such all the time?

Stupid Rookie
I am not even saying BRB and Thor can take GLs power, but do you really doubt their will power?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I am not even saying BRB and Thor can take GLs power, but do you really doubt their will power?

against Hal and Kyle? yes I do. Hal was the Spectre once. WIll power infinity to be a being like that and come back to your humanity. He also sucked up the Sun eater. This was all done with his will power. Hal's will power allowed him to destroy and recreate multiple realities. Kyle's will power has allowed him to create a cosmic being known as Oblivion, create free will thinking beings, hold a Big bang, beat angels, and help repair an actual ladder to heaven for the Universes first beings. Thier will power is leaps and bounds beyond Thor and BRB's.

Stupid Rookie
against Hal and Kyle? yes I do. Hal was the Spectre once. WIll power infinity to be a being like that and come back to your humanity. He also sucked up the Sun eater. This was all done with his will power. Hal's will power allowed him to destroy and recreate multiple realities. Kyle's will power has allowed him to create a cosmic being known as Oblivion, create free will thinking beings, hold a Big bang, beat angels, and help repair an actual ladder to heaven for the Universes first beings. Thier will power is leaps and bounds beyond Thor and BRB's.

You do of course mean the Ring, being utilized by their will power?

I mean BRB has beaten EGO, and Thor has beated G, even cracked a Celestial's armor. Their feats might not be as directly tied to Will power, but it is because their skills are not as directly linked to will power.

If they lose it won't be because they lose faith in themselves.

If any two people are to stand up against impossible odds and fight till their last breath it is them.

Newjak
NO you can't. You have to be able to a high tier energy wielder with direct energy matching powers or able to channel thier source correctly. Takion can drain them easily. Monica Rambeau can match the energy but not drain it. Thor and BRB don't have the will power to just take Hal and kyle's energy. You have to out will power someone to just suck up thier energy. Especially if they are fighting back. Dont' you think The GL's face energy absorbers and such all the time? Yeah and while the GLs are fighting from having their energy taken Thor and BRB come up and whack them with their hamemrs.

By the way Hal and Kyle have never changed their DNA to become kyrptonians before why should they now.

Honestly anyone who is saying Hal and Kyle in a curb stomp are just over blowing a few high end GL feats which are good but not their normal showings.

Those high-end feats are basically one in a million things. Otherwise they would be invincibly same logic goes to Silver Surfer. By the way BRB has one shotted mutliple plaets. Thors has cracked the armor of Celestials and didn't he absorb a galaxy destroying blast before erm

Feat wise top GL feats impressive but be all end all. Superman has broken through their constructs like tissue paper. Doomsday tore through the corps like Tissue paper. Superboy Prime tore through them like tissue paper.

Honestly GLs good but not over Thor and BRb in power like people are trying to suggest.

Thor and BRB can match powers enough to allow Thor and BRB bill's superior physical stats to help them get the slight majority. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
You do of course mean the Ring, being utilized by their will power?

I mean BRB has beaten EGO, and Thor has beated G, even cracked a Celestial's armor. Their feats might not be as directly tied to Will power, but it is because their skills are not as directly linked to will power.

Given the fact that the rings respond to thier wearers will power, HAl and Kyle have shown infinite or nearly infinite will power. given the fact that the rings do what ever the wearer wills, it's concievable for Them to do crazy things like Create free thinking beings and hold big bangs. The Rings are only limited by the wearer. And as I pointed out, hal and kyle seem to have no limits to thier wills. Thor and BRB who are extremely powerful, do have limits and are outclassed. Hal and Kyle non Jobbing Outclass almost anyone who isn't a sky father.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah and while the GLs are fighting from having their energy taken Thor and BRB come up and whack them with their hamemrs.

By the way Hal and Kyle have never changed their DNA to become kyrptonians before why should they now.

Honestly anyone who is saying Hal and Kyle in a curb stomp are just over blowing a few high end GL feats which are good but not their normal showings.

Those high-end feats are basically one in a million things. Otherwise they would be invincibly same logic goes to Silver Surfer. By the way BRB has one shotted mutliple plaets. Thors has cracked the armor of Celestials and didn't he absorb a galaxy destroying blast before erm

Feat wise top GL feats impressive but be all end all. Superman has broken through their constructs like tissue paper. Doomsday tore through the corps like Tissue paper. Superboy Prime tore through them like tissue paper.

Honestly GLs good but not over Thor and BRb in power like people are trying to suggest.

Thor and BRB can match powers enough to allow Thor and BRB bill's superior physical stats to help them get the slight majority. erm

Um no just not. First of all, Superboy prime can beat the shit out of Thor and BRb. No need to compare his punches to anything Thor and BRb can dish out. Not even in the same ball park. 2ndly, Superman breaking a construct depends on the situation. Were the Gl's in their right minds? was Superman? did the Gl's know superman was out of his mind. Fighting a sick freind tends to make your will to beat them go down. Your argument does not hold up.

Stupid Rookie
Given the fact that the rings respond to thier wearers will power, HAl and Kyle have shown infinite or nearly infinite will power. given the fact that the rings do what ever the wearer wills, it's concievable for Them to do crazy things like Create free thinking beings and hold big bangs. The Rings are only limited by the wearer. And as I pointed out, hal and kyle seem to have no limits to thier wills. Thor and BRB who are extremely powerful, do have limits and are outclassed. Hal and Kyle non Jobbing Outclass almost anyone who isn't a sky father.

And you think that Thor and BRB don't outclass almost anyone that isn't a sky father?

Stupid Rookie
Um no just not. First of all, Superboy prime can beat the shit out of Thor and BRb. No need to compare his punches to anything Thor and BRb can dish out. Not even in the same ball park. 2ndly, Superman breaking a construct depends on the situation. Were the Gl's in their right minds? was Superman? did the Gl's know superman was out of his mind. Fighting a sick freind tends to make your will to beat them go down. Your argument does not hold up.

Neither does your argument that their will power is never faltering and never ending.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Neither does your argument that their will power is never faltering and never ending.

lol. Thor and BRB are simply fan favorites like ODin and Thanos. That is why they get the victory so much.Has nothing to do with the opponent. All your doing is going off what Thor and BRB has done and giving no consideration to what the opponent has done and will do. Many of these battles here are judged in favor of fan favorites with no thought into what the other opponent has done or how they are actually defeated in a non job mode. Going be actual feats and what the characters have done on panel, the GL's soundly trump Thor and BRB.

Soleran
lol. Thor and BRB are simply fan favorites like ODin and Thanos. That is why they get the victory so much.Has nothing to do with the opponent. All your doing is going off what Thor and BRB has done and giving no consideration to what the opponent has done and will do. .

Pot Kettle Black

Newjak
Um no just not. First of all, Superboy prime can beat the shit out of Thor and BRb. No need to compare his punches to anything Thor and BRb can dish out. Not even in the same ball park. 2ndly, Superman breaking a construct depends on the situation. Were the Gl's in their right minds? was Superman? did the Gl's know superman was out of his mind. Fighting a sick freind tends to make your will to beat them go down. Your argument does not hold up. What are you talking about?????

They weressome examples besides their obvious higher incarnations like Ion and Parallax Hal and Kyle aren't that strong. Superman Blue completely owned Kyle by showing that GLs aren't that powerful. Heck I could also bring up Deathstroke where Hal locked up into a test of will and no one knew who was going to win.

Unless of course you think they are beating beings like Odin or even Thanos erm

And while their powers are linked to willpower it isn't like Gladiator where if their confidence drops, their power level completely drops as well.

So stop trying to sit there and proclaim two high end herald level beings are more than what they are.

Newjak
lol. Thor and BRB are simply fan favorites like ODin and Thanos. That is why they get the victory so much.Has nothing to do with the opponent. All your doing is going off what Thor and BRB has done and giving no consideration to what the opponent has done and will do. Many of these battles here are judged in favor of fan favorites with no thought into what the other opponent has done or how they are actually defeated in a non job mode. Going be actual feats and what the characters have done on panel, the GL's soundly trump Thor and BRB. So would Kyle and Hal beat Thanos??????

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran
Pot Kettle Black

if you say so. now put up or shut up. Show me going off someone I like without giving any consideration to the opponent. Please do so. If you can't, just shut up now.

Stupid Rookie
lol. Thor and BRB are simply fan favorites like ODin and Thanos. That is why they get the victory so much.Has nothing to do with the opponent. All your doing is going off what Thor and BRB has done and giving no consideration to what the opponent has done and will do. Many of these battles here are judged in favor of fan favorites with no thought into what the other opponent has done or how they are actually defeated in a non job mode. Going be actual feats and what the characters have done on panel, the GL's soundly trump Thor and BRB.

Excuse me for using what has actually been done, as opposed to what actually could be done.

So you think SS could take the whole GL corps huh? I mean he could just turn them into tables, chairs, plates, forks. He could decorate the baxter building with GL furnature. Please, things which have been done are greater than possibilities. Also, what do you think BRB and Thor would be doing while the GLs transform their DNA. Is this an instantanous event? What if THor launches a Godblast?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What are you talking about?????

They weressome examples besides their obvious higher incarnations like Ion and Parallax Hal and Kyle aren't that strong. Superman Blue completely owned Kyle by showing that GLs aren't that powerful. Heck I could also bring up Deathstroke where Hal locked up into a test of will and no one knew who was going to win.

Unless of course you think they are beating beings like Odin or even Thanos erm

And while their powers are linked to willpower it isn't like Gladiator where if their confidence drops, their power level completely drops as well.

So stop trying to sit there and proclaim two high end herald level beings are more than what they are.

When two high lvl herald beings can do all the Things Kyle and Hal have done. Let me know. I challenge you right now. Take the Surfer,and Thor, and take thier highest feats, and see how they stack up to Hal and Kyles. Now tell me they are in the same class please. I dare you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Excuse me for using what has actually been done, as opposed to what actually could be done.

So you think SS could take the whole GL corps huh? I mean he could just turn them into tables, chairs, plates, forks. He could decorate the baxter building with GL furnature. Please, things which have been done are greater than possibilities. Also, what do you think BRB and Thor would be doing while the GLs transform their DNA. Is this an instantanous event? What if THor launches a Godblast?

A God blast is what? What if KYLE puts Thor in a bubble like he did Imperiex? what Would Thor's own godblast ping ponging in a bubble do to himself?

Soleran
if you say so. now put up or shut up. Show me going off someone I like without giving any consideration to the opponent. Please do so. If you can't, just shut up now.

Haha stop getting so defensive you do it everytime.

Hal and Kyle are human.

BRB and Thor are Gods.

Thor is half Elder God.

Their hammers are meant to absorb energy and actually amplify and redirect it. I mean you threw out an army of ENERGY daxamites, key being energy.

The Gods pull the majority.

Newjak
When two high lvl herald beings can do all the Things Kyle and Hal have done. Let me know. I challenge you right now. Take the Surfer,and Thor, and take thier highest feats, and see how they stack up to Hal and Kyles. Now tell me they are in the same class please. I dare you. I could point out that while a GL once managed to glue back togehter a planet that exploded silver Surfer actually remade the entire planet including all of the life on it a GL by themselves has never shown that abilitiy to make an entire planet full of life....erm

Thor goes toe to toe with Silver Surfer and draws even and has even been stated as rivaling him in power.

Priest
lol. Thor and BRB are simply fan favorites like ODin and Thanos.
Yes, indeed they are amongst some of the favorite characters, as well as the Lanterns if u didn't realize.

That is why they get the victory so much.Has nothing to do with the opponent.
Are u kidding me? What the f**k?...u must not know about Thor and Beta, they are high end herald level characters, they have beaten the best numerous times. Thor has kicked the crap out of terrax, air walker, Surfer ect...
Beta has better herald level characters as well like Stardust. The Gls in the normal powerset are herald level, nothing more.

All your doing is going off what Thor and BRB has done and giving no consideration to what the opponent has done and will do.
Actually, u are basing ur ur opinions without consideration of thor and beta's abilities. also all your doing is saying the Gls will win without any solid arguments,

Many of these battles here are judged in favor of fan favorites with no thought into what the other opponent has done or how they are actually defeated in a non job mode.
u out of anybody in this form shouldn't be saying this, ur a hypocrite.

Going be actual feats and what the characters have done on panel, the GL's soundly trump Thor and BRB.
Thor, and Beta has feats that rival any GL. Do some research, check their respect threads, and learn something.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Hal and Kyle are human.

BRB and Thor are Gods.

Thor is half Elder God.

Their hammers are meant to absorb energy and actually amplify and redirect it. I mean you threw out an army of ENERGY daxamites, key being energy.

Thier hammers are meant to absorg ENERGY in it's liquid form. Show me them absorbing one of quasar's constructs or a being made of energy and fighting back. BRB didn't do it to stardust. He had to fight stardust. I doubt the God's can do it to hal and kyle. the GL's pull the majority.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I could point out that while a GL once managed to glue back togehter a planet that exploded silver Surfer actually remade the entire planet including all of the life on it a GL by themselves has never shown that abilitiy to make an entire planet full of life....erm

Thor goes toe to toe with Silver Surfer and draws even and has even been stated as rivaling him in power.

You can't be serious can you? Kyle created Oblivion who was surfer's superior in every way. So tell me again a GL can't do anything surfer can do and better.

Priest
Thier hammers are meant to absorg ENERGY in it's liquid form.
Show me them absorbing one of quasar's constructs or a being made of energy and fighting back. BRB didn't do it to stardust. He had to fight stardust. I doubt the God's can do it to hal and kyle. the GL's pull the majority.
u make no sense with ur "liquid form" nonsense.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Yes, indeed they are amongst some of the favorite characters, as well as the Lanterns if u didn't realize.

Are u kidding me? What the f**k?...u must not know about Thor and Beta, they are high end herald level characters, they have beaten the best numerous times. Thor has kicked the crap out of terrax, air walker, Surfer ect...
Beta has better herald level characters as well like Stardust. The Gls in the normal powerset are herald level, nothing more.

Actually, u are basing ur ur opinions without consideration of thor and beta's abilities. also all your doing is saying the Gls will win without any solid arguments,

u out of anybody in this form shouldn't be saying this, ur a hypocrite.

Thor, and Beta has feats that rival any GL. Do some research, check their respect threads, and learn something.

Your talking out the side of your neck. Show me Thor being able to contain the energy of a big bang, or BRB being able to create and army of gladiators, or Thor being able to do half the shit Hal has done. I know BRb and THor's feats. They dont' stack up to the gl's period point blank. no amount of you callign me names will change that fact.

Priest
Your talking out the side of your neck. Show me Thor being able to contain the energy of a big bang, or BRB being able to create and army of gladiators, or Thor being able to do half the shit Hal has done. I know BRb and THor's feats. They dont' stack up to the gl's period point blank. no amount of you callign me names will change that fact. and how are any of those useless feats gonna help them win this fight?
btw, calling u a hypocrite is hardlly name calling.

nvrbeenwthagirl
and how are any of those useless feats gonna help them win this fight?
btw, calling u a hypocrite is hardlly name calling.

UM let's see. Turning Thor and BRB into light and sucking them into thier rings where they are complete masters of everything in the rings. Caging Thor and BRB in Bubbles that can contain Big Bangs. I'm sure Thor and BRB can generate more energy than a big bang and crack it, according to the way some on here are jocking the hammer brothers. How about how in the hell can Thor and BRB beat an army of Daxamites all with the speed force? while still fighting Hal and Kyle? THat is how the Gl's gonna win. And yes calling me a hypocrit is name calling if he doesn't pull up a specific insodent.

juggernaut66666
I doubt that Thor or Bill has ever created Superman level beings that can use the Speed Force or recreated a planet like OA or contained a Big Bang.

Soleran
Thier hammers are meant to absorg ENERGY in it's liquid form. Show me them absorbing one of quasar's constructs or a being made of energy and fighting back. BRB didn't do it to stardust. He had to fight stardust. I doubt the God's can do it to hal and kyle. the GL's pull the majority.

Liquid energy

And within your realm of doubt I too found that Hal and Kyle can not defeat the god team for the majority.

Two guys along the lines of Superman in power plus the hammers.

You just got through saying that if the GL's could manipulate their dna to kyrptonian with rings it would be a wash. I am telling you that the GL's are already facing two guys at Superman levels of physical power with the addition of the hammers.

Make sense, I hope so. Gods for the majority.

masterbruce
and how are any of those useless feats gonna help them win this fight?

do you realize how much energy an exploding big bang is???

imagine a nuke....now the power of a planet is 100000000x times greater than a nuke

a exploding star would be 10000000000000x greater than an exploding planet

a exploding big bang would be 10000000000000000000000000000000000x the power of an exploding star

If GLs can contain that much energy, Thor's godblast would be like a rain drop in comparison.

juggernaut66666
do you realize how much energy an exploding big bang is???

imagine a nuke....now the power of a planet is 100000000x times greater than a nuke

a exploding star would be 10000000000000x greater than an exploding planet

a exploding big bang would be 10000000000000000000000000000000000x the power of an exploding star

If GLs can contain that much energy, Thor's godblast would be like a rain drop in comparison.
Big Bang=New Universe.

Priest
UM let's see. Turning Thor and BRB into light and sucking them into thier rings where they are complete masters of everything in the rings.
U wanna bring up exotic powers, .. Thor and Beta can steal their souls, they can also shrink and contain the Gl's in a magical ball.
http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=epicfeat0021ky.jpg

Thor and BRB in Bubbles that can contain Big Bangs.
Nope, but they can absorb force fields, thus makining their green "bubbles" usless... thor did that to Magneto's force feild wink
Sorry for bursting ur bubble.

I'm sure Thor and BRB can generate more energy than a big bang and crack it, according to the way some on here are jocking the hammer brothers.according to the way some on here are jocking the hammer brothers.
that Big Bang GL feat is generally reguarded as PIS, besides they dont need to crack anything, they can simply absorb the GL energy.

How about how in the hell can Thor and BRB beat an army of Daxamites all with the speed force? while still fighting Hal and Kyle? THat is how the Gl's gonna win.
Again, that whole Damamite idea wont work when the mjinor can absorb any kind of energy.

And yes calling me a hypocrit is name calling if he doesn't pull up a specific insodent.
Oh I dident think ull be so sensitive roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Liquid energy

And within your realm of doubt I too found that Hal and Kyle can not defeat the god team for the majority.

Two guys along the lines of Superman in power plus the hammers.

You just got through saying that if the GL's could manipulate their dna to kyrptonian with rings it would be a wash. I am telling you that the GL's are already facing two guys at Superman levels of physical power with the addition of the hammers.

Make sense, I hope so. Gods for the majority.

THe problem is, the rings already make thier wearers beyong superman class. A Gl can beat Superman as easily as the silver surfer could. THor and BRB are outclassed> i can't concieve how they, even they who are so powerful, can beat The Two best Gl's ever. I'm talking about Gl's who's will power has created beings like Oblivion. Armies of Daxamites and a new Gl corps.

juggernaut66666
Has Beta Ray Bill ever absorbed any kind of energy?

nvrbeenwthagirl
U wanna bring up exotic powers, .. Thor and Beta can steal their souls, they can also shrink and contain the Gl's in a magical ball.
http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=epicfeat0021ky.jpg
GIVEN THE FACT THAT THE GL'S ARE IMMUNE TO MAGIC, YOU MIGHT WANNA RETHINK THAT ARGUMENT

Nope, but they can absorb force fields, thus makining their green "bubbles" usless... thor did that to Magneto's force feild wink
Sorry for bursting ur bubble.
MAGNETO'S FORCE FIELD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE FIELDS THAT THE GL'S CREATE. SORRY. TRY AGAIN

that Big Bang GL feat is generally reguarded as PIS, besides they dont need to crack anything, they can simply absorb the GL energy.

PEOPLE ONLY REGARD THAT AS PIS BECUZ IT'S A GL. IF THOR HAD DONE IT, PEOPLE WOULD FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT COUNT. LOOK AT THANOS. I COUNT LOT'S OF HIS SHIT AS PIS, BUT BECUZ HE'S A FAN FAV, PEOPLE DON'T. THEY COUNT IT AS A FEAT. KYLE CONTIANED A BIG BANG. GET OVER IT.
Again, that whole Damamite idea wont work when the mjinor can absorb any kind of energy.
SHOW ME THOR OR BRB ABSORBING A SOLID ENERGY BEING WITH WILL POWER. SHOW ME THOR ABSORBING A QUASAR CONSTRUCT OR BRB ABSORBING STARDUST. I DIDNT' THINK SO. TRY AGAIN.

Oh I dident think ull be so sensitive roll eyes (sarcastic)

Priest
1) i want proof that GL's are immune to magic.
2)energy is energy, it dosent matter how "strong", it can and will be absorbed.
3)It is PIS, other GL fans would agree that the Big bang feat it roll eyes (sarcastic)
4) its been known that the Mjinor can absorb any types of energy. Please dont over look their abilities becuase u like the GL's more.
5) its getting really hard to debate with as of late. no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
1) i want proof that GL's are immune to magic.
2)energy is energy, it dosent matter how "strong", it can and will be absorbed.
3)It is PIS, other GL fans would agree that the Big bang feat it roll eyes (sarcastic)
4) its been known that the Mjinor can absorb any types of energy. Please dont over look their abilities becuase u like the GL's more.
5) its getting really hard to debate with as of late. no expression

Kyle was the only one in the JLA able to hurt the angels. Supernatural=Magic.

You can call the big bang feat PIS if you like. I call thanos standing up to Odin PIS. as you can tell, thanos is a fan fav so people over look that. Kyle Held a big bang. PERIOD
It doesn't matter if the hammers can absorb energy. for one, they haven't absorbed Oan energy which isn't just any ole random energy. Also show me thor absorbing a construct of quasar or any energy construct. Why didnt' brb just absorb stardust into his hammer since stardust is pure energy? becuz they dont' do that. they can't just absorb solid light nor beings with will power to resist absorbtion. The GL's win.

Stupid Rookie
THe problem is, the rings already make thier wearers beyong superman class. A Gl can beat Superman as easily as the silver surfer could. THor and BRB are outclassed> i can't concieve how they, even they who are so powerful, can beat The Two best Gl's ever. I'm talking about Gl's who's will power has created beings like Oblivion. Armies of Daxamites and a new Gl corps.

This argument is so typical of what you spit out. You are now saying that GLs are so far above Superman that they don't even notice them.

SO why the &*^% would they change their DNA to Kryptonian DNA then?

nvrbeenwthagirl
This argument is so typical of what you spit out. You are now saying that GLs are so far above Superman that they don't even notice them.

SO why the &*^% would they change their DNA to Kryptonian DNA then?

Do you really think I care about what you think of what I spit out? I said Kyle and Hal Non Jobbing are far superior to Superman as is Silver Surfer. THe changing thier DNA thing was just an example of what is in thier power to do. try not to get so upset next time. it's ok. it's just a debate forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dvampire
Do you really think I care about what you think of what I spit out? I said Kyle and Hal Non Jobbing are far superior to Superman as is Silver Surfer. THe changing thier DNA thing was just an example of what is in thier power to do. try not to get so upset next time. it's ok. it's just a debate forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How are they far superior? Explain? Supes has very high will power, he's up there with the best of the GL's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by dvampire
How are they far superior? Explain? Supes has very high will power, he's up there with the best of the GL's.

Supers has very high will power. but in power sets, Silver surfer and GL's are superior to Superman. They can do more dmg, they can do more things. Like heals, absorb energy, create life, contain entire armies. Silver Surfer and GL's are superior to superman. that is what I meant. they are even fast than him in travel times. I didn't say they were far superior to him in will power.

BobbyD
This whole thread is proposterous.

But, I'm chiming in and giving a majority of the fights to Hal & Kal. Anyone want to know why?

Tis not based on previous feats? Not based on Oan energy? Not based on Thor or BRB's skills sets?

It's because 2 guys with the level of knowledge and experience that Hal and Kyle with their rings gives them near infinite possibilities to score a victory.

I'm not knocking Thor and BRB. As matter of fact, tis a powerhouse of a team, but there are just soooo many endless ways that Kyle and Hal can score a win.

erm

That's my 2 cents. Cheers.

Blair Wind
exotic powers? GL's can do anything they want (that IS their power). They can suck them into the ring where they become even more powerful, among many many many many more things. GLs 7/10 erm

Soleran
Originally posted by Blair Wind
exotic powers? GL's can do anything they want (that IS their power). They can suck them into the ring where they become even more powerful, among many many many many more things. GLs 7/10 erm

Thor can absorb their souls, except there is no fighting after that.

Blair Wind
Kilowog absorbed his whole planets worth of souls no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor can absorb their souls, except there is no fighting after that.

except We know that The rings won't allow that to happen.

Soleran
Kilowog absorbed his whole planets worth of souls no expression

He's not Hal or Kyle though stick out tongue

Also does Hal's ring still need to be recharged?

nvrbeenwthagirl
He's not Hal or Kyle though stick out tongue

Also does Hal's ring still need to be recharged?

That particular weakness has yet to be shown in comics. Unless you think this battle would go on for days or weeks.

Soleran
That particular weakness has yet to be shown in comics. Unless you think this battle would go on for days or weeks.

I doubt that it would be ended very quickly.

Also if Hal's ring does need recharging still, the GL's are in very big trouble.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I doubt that it would be ended very quickly.

Also if Hal's ring does need recharging still, the GL's are in very big trouble.

NOt really. Kyle's ring does not. As hal taps into the limitless energy that is kyles ring to restore his ring should it ever falter. which given this battle, it wouldn't. The fight woudln't last long enough for Hal's ring to give out.

Stupid Rookie
Blair Wind...

Are you suggesting they could suck Thor into a GL ring?

"Great Odin's raven" I don't think that is going to happen.

Soljer

Hal and Kyle are human.

BRB and Thor are Gods.

Thor is half Elder God.

I'm not going to argue in this thread. To any non-biased individual, the outcome should be obvious. I just felt the need to point out the fact that this logic? That Hal and Kyle are Human, so they lose to 'Gods' is the worst I've heard in quite some time.

Mad Jim Jaspers is human.

Would he lose to Loki or Thor?

Co-signed. Except it'd probably be 8/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Blair Wind...

Are you suggesting they could suck Thor into a GL ring?

"Great Odin's raven" I don't think that is going to happen.

Did not Sersi Turn Thor into a frog? Surely the Best Gl's ever can convert him into energy and pull him into thier rings.

Soleran
I just felt the need to point out the fact that this logic? That Hal and Kyle are Human, so they lose to 'Gods' is the worst I've heard in quite some time.

Gods meaning that they are already one step ahead of the GL's in durability and stats.

Kyle and Hal are still human they may have great wills and the rings however they are still human with frailties which are on a scale not commiserate with BRB and Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Gods meaning that they are already one step ahead of the GL's in durability and stats.

Kyle and Hal are still human they may have great wills and the rings however they are still human with frailties which are on a scale not commiserate with BRB and Thor.

no. Just no. IF one could cry they are a god every time a battle was placed in a forum, what the hell would we be debating for? Thor sure as hell wasn't able to beat magneto easily. And Mags is an OLD GUY who is considerably less powerful than Hal or Kyle.

Stupid Rookie
Did not Sersi Turn Thor into a frog? Surely the Best Gl's ever can convert him into energy and pull him into thier rings.

I consider Quasar to be perhaps the best energy absorber around and he never did it, nor did he seem to suggest (in my experience) that he could.

I can't see the ring absobing Mjolnir

Soleran
no. Just no. IF one could cry they are a god every time a battle was placed in a forum, what the hell would we be debating for? Thor sure as hell wasn't able to beat magneto easily. And Mags is an OLD GUY who is considerably less powerful than Hal or Kyle.

This just must be who you are, very much into drama.

Reread my comments it's PLAIN as DAY what I said, reading comprehension is a must.

I mean if you want to bring up Magento hell Deathstroke has put the hurt on a GL, derp now are you picking up what I am saying about a significant leg up in durability and stats?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Mjolnir and Stormbreaker will crush the power rings then Thor and Bill will crush these two.

Stupid Rookie
Whatever anyone wants to stay in terms of straight up durability Thor and BRB are ahead of Hal/Kyle. I am not using that as a reason for victory, but it is true.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I consider Quasar to be perhaps the best energy absorber around and he never did it, nor did he seem to suggest (in my experience) that he could.

I can't see the ring absobing Mjolnir

Quasar is not the best Energy Absorber. That title would go to Takion big grin

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Mjolnir and Stormbreaker will crush the power rings then Thor and Bill will crush these two.

Thanks for such an eloquent and well thought out argument.

Stupid Rookie
Quasar is not the best Energy Absorber. That title would go to Takion big grin

I did say perhaps wink

Newjak
I doubt that Thor or Bill has ever created Superman level beings that can use the Speed Force or recreated a planet like OA or contained a Big Bang. To be honest can you think of a more plot device ridden story to date.

Think about the whole concept there. Kyle creates a being from his subconscious that is even stronger than himself. Infact this person is so strong he has to make an entire makeshift JLA to help him fight this foe.

If he had all that power to negin with why doesn't he use it instead of having his ring make it for him. erm

Plot device of the biggest order. Hal once showd the ability to summon the GL corps through his ring. I think that is a little plot deivicy as well. Think about if he could recreate all those beings why didn't he just make himself stronger instead.

I doubt that in reality they can summon armies by themselves without some short of giant plot hole needed. So no I don't think Hal NAd Kyle are doing those things in this match.

And containing a big bang once which is far above Kyle's normal showings just proves that many people aren't willing to use some common sense erm

masterbruce

And containing a big bang once which is far above Kyle's normal showings just proves that many people aren't willing to use some common sense erm

common sense...in comics???

juggernaut66666
To be honest can you think of a more plot device ridden story to date.

Think about the whole concept there. Kyle creates a being from his subconscious that is even stronger than himself. Infact this person is so strong he has to make an entire makeshift JLA to help him fight this foe.

If he had all that power to negin with why doesn't he use it instead of having his ring make it for him. erm

Plot device of the biggest order. Hal once showd the ability to summon the GL corps through his ring. I think that is a little plot deivicy as well. Think about if he could recreate all those beings why didn't he just make himself stronger instead.

I doubt that in reality they can summon armies by themselves without some short of giant plot hole needed. So no I don't think Hal NAd Kyle are doing those things in this match.

erm GL ring is the most powerfull weapon in the Universe it can do anything what the user wills.

Newjak
erm GL ring is the most powerfull weapon in the Universe it can do anything what the user wills. Yeah and power cosmic is supposed to be the greatest power in Marvel does that mean Silver Surfer can't go beyond a certain level erm

juggernaut66666
Yeah and power cosmic is supposed to be the greatest power in Marvel does that mean Silver Surfer can't go beyond a certain level erm
Surfer can't tap into Galactus's power.Gls can tap into to the Central Battery's power.

Newjak
Surfer can't tap into Galactus's power.Gls can tap into to the Central Battery's power. Silver Surfer directly taps into the Power Cosmic which for all intents and purposes is bacially infinite and he can summon alot of it but he limits doesn't he.

Hal and Kyle are no different they don't automatically call upon a whole bunch more power hence why every GL running around doesn't reach Ion or Parallax levels and the reason why Hal and Kyle aren't always on those levels without plot need.

Basically they have limits it's been shown they have limits to what they can do. Otherwise Superman couldn't fight them. Flash couldn't fight them. Face it a few big feats doesn't automatically mean they are limitless when the rest of their work shows many other things

Blair Wind
To be honest can you think of a more plot device ridden story to date.

The GL ring has the power. If the user does not USE that power, that is not the ring's fault. Why do you think Kyle and Hal have the craziest feats of all? They may have low showings, but they have alot more than just a "few" high showings. Having me as a partner last tourney MUST have taught you that. erm

The plot device is when they can barely contain a thug, not the other way around in high showings erm

Soleran
Gl's have run out of power as well so it's not like they are always crank'n it up 200%.

As I said before, Thor and Brb have what it takes to garner the majority of wins because of their hammers.

Newjak
The GL ring has the power. If the user does not USE that power, that is not the ring's fault. Why do you think Kyle and Hal have the craziest feats of all? They may have low showings, but they have alot more than just a "few" high showings. Having me as a partner last tourney MUST have taught you that. erm

The plot device is when they can barely contain a thug, not the other way around in high showings erm Actually you taught me alot.

And willpower only goes so far becuase there are limits and they've been explored many times unless of course you think a GL is say taking on Odin or would you take Hal or Kyle over Thanos. erm

They are tough but they still have a normal operating power and besides a few moments of really impressive feats most of them just don't really show them being higher than a herald level being.

juggernaut66666
Silver Surfer directly taps into the Power Cosmic which for all intents and purposes is bacially infinite and he can summon alot of it but he limits doesn't he.

Hal and Kyle are no different they don't automatically call upon a whole bunch more power hence why every GL running around doesn't reach Ion or Parallax levels and the reason why Hal and Kyle aren't always on those levels without plot need.

Basically they have limits it's been shown they have limits to what they can do. Otherwise Superman couldn't fight them. Flash couldn't fight them. Face it a few big feats doesn't automatically mean they are limitless when the rest of their work shows many other things
Off course they have limits never said they don't have.

I'm just saying that their "limits" is above Thor and Bill.Has Bill ever absorbed any kind of energy with the Strombreaker?Because I don't remember him doing that.If no it might be easier to take care of him since it will be harder for him to encounter Hal's and Kyle's attacks. After that it is 2 against 1 and I doubt Thor could handle them.

Even if Bill can absorb energy it doesn't mean that the GLs lost since they can stop time.

Imo Hal and Kyle wins because they are more versatile then the Asgardians.They can do the same things as Thor and Bill and more
as their feats have shown it.it has been shown that Gl's can deal with magic (for instance Starheart) but it hasn't been shown that the others could handle OAn energy.

Blair Wind
Actually you taught me alot.

And willpower only goes so far becuase there are limits and they've been explored many times unless of course you think a GL is say taking on Odin or would you take Hal or Kyle over Thanos. erm

They are tough but they still have a normal operating power and besides a few moments of really impressive feats most of them just don't really show them being higher than a herald level being.

I would take a ring over the hammer when it comes to facing those guys though. The ring can do anything you THINK. The hammer is limited to whatever enchantments are placed on it (which are a lot to be certain). The rings just operate on a higher level is all. I am sure that if the big bang feat had happened in Marvel and Thor did it, no one would have a problem with it. I am not saying it ISNT PIS, but they have some other really crazy feats. In all honesty I equate the ring to power cosmic, and both in my opinion garner a slight majority against the Hammers.

They do not have a "few" high showings. They have ALOT. I mean their defenses are top notch (flying in the sun which is like a million H-Bombs all at once, auto defenses, can fly in blackholes.), their offensive powers are all based on what they think they can do. I mean beating on a Amazo that all the powers of the JLA, JSA, Firestorm and many more (basically all the people in the world)?

Traitor, a guy whos blasts can destroy planets?

Gods, Angels, and blah blah blah. Yes Thor is very powerful (and has faced very powerful foes I know), but the ring has more options.

Newjak
Off course they have limits never said they don't have.

I'm just saying that their "limits" is above Thor and Bill.Has Bill ever absorbed any kind of energy with the Strombreaker?Because I don't remember him doing that.If no it might be easier to take care of him since it will be harder for him to encounter Hal's and Kyle's attacks. After that it is 2 against 1 and I doubt Thor could handle them.

Even if Bill can absorb energy it doesn't mean that the GLs lost since they can stop time.

Imo Hal and Kyle wins because they are more versatile then the Asgardians.They can do the same things as Thor and Bill and more
as their feats have shown it.it has been shown that Gl's can deal with magic (for instance Starheart) but it hasn't been shown that the others could handle OAn energy. You see that is where your wrong Thor has shown time manipulation abilities before.

He has absorbed high powered attacks from extremely powerful beings. I'm not to sure on BRB but I'm pretty sure he has absrobed energy before but even if he can't does that really make a difference can Superman absorb energy yet he can take it to any GL.

So while they may have a greater degree of versatility they both have ways of countering them. Thor has absorbed souls, mind erased people, teleported, and absrobed almost any and every kind of energy imaginable including blasts of power cosmic from Silver Surfer.

Yeah I think they have the major bases covered. Plus unlike Hal and Kyle the Asgardains don't have to worry about energy manip on them since they naturally have their physical power unlike the GLs who have to amp themselves to those levels.

While the GLs have the obvious verasitiliy overall the Asgardains have a counter for everything the GLs could throw at them.

And it's not like Hal and Kyle really are that above in limits to the Gods. A GL has problems with Superman heck BRB has one-shotted planets before not even Superman can boast that claim.

Blair Wind
A GL has problems with Superman heck BRB has one-shotted planets before not even Superman can boast that claim.

Hal can no expression

Newjak
I would take a ring over the hammer when it comes to facing those guys though. The ring can do anything you THINK. The hammer is limited to whatever enchantments are placed on it (which are a lot to be certain). The rings just operate on a higher level is all. I am sure that if the big bang feat had happened in Marvel and Thor did it, no one would have a problem with it. I am not saying it ISNT PIS, but they have some other really crazy feats. In all honesty I equate the ring to power cosmic, and both in my opinion garner a slight majority against the Hammers.

They do not have a "few" high showings. They have ALOT. I mean their defenses are top notch (flying in the sun which is like a million H-Bombs all at once, auto defenses, can fly in blackholes.), their offensive powers are all based on what they think they can do. I mean beating on a Amazo that all the powers of the JLA, JSA, Firestorm and many more (basically all the people in the world)?

Traitor, a guy whos blasts can destroy planets?

Gods, Angels, and blah blah blah. Yes Thor is very powerful (and has faced very powerful foes I know), but the ring has more options. You see it isn't just the hammer vs the rings though it's two Superman level characters with Hammers against the rings.

Thor has stood in the middle of the sun before with the fire swirling around him with no harm and he didn't evne need shielding.

I think that is what I'm getting at. You have two Superman level strength characters and characters with Great durability on top of the Hammers that is hard combination to beat if you think about.

Thile overall the rings are better than the hammers that doesn't equate to a win here.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hal and Kyle loase so very badly.

Blair Wind
You see it isn't just the hammer vs the rings though it's two Superman level characters with Hammers against the rings.

Thor has stood in the middle of the sun before with the fire swirling around him with no harm and he didn't evne need shielding.

I think that is what I'm getting at. You have two Superman level strength characters and characters with Great durability on top of the Hammers that is hard combination to beat if you think about.

Thile overall the rings are better than the hammers that doesn't equate to a win here.

eh, I would rather take Hal with a GL ring over Superman with a GL ring. Seriously. The rings auto defenses give them what Superman's natural defenses give them erm

Think of it this way (very dumbed down version). You have Captain America with his super shield. Then you have Tony Stark with his Ironman suit. Now Captain America's human stats>>>Tony's and his shield is stronger than Tony's. BUT Tony's suit gives his soooo much more versatility that we all know Ironman should win.

Thor's physical stats>>>Hal/Kyles. The hammer may "hit" harder. But the rings give them more power than the what thor has erm

LORDSIDIOUS01
eh, I would rather take Hal with a GL ring over Superman with a GL ring. Seriously. The rings auto defenses give them what Superman's natural defenses give them erm

Think of it this way (very dumbed down version). You have Captain America with his super shield. Then you have Tony Stark with his Ironman suit. Now Captain America's human stats>>>Tony's and his shield is stronger than Tony's. BUT Tony's suit gives his soooo much more versatility that we all know Ironman should win.

Thor's physical stats>>>Hal/Kyles. The hammer may "hit" harder. But the rings give them more power than the what thor has erm

This is not about Supes with a power ring. This is about Thor and Beta Ray Bill against Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner two Green Lanterns.

Newjak

Thor's physical stats>>>Hal/Kyles. The hammer may "hit" harder. But the rings give them more power than the what thor has erm I nuderstand what your saying but that is a very bad comparison because all Cap has is his normal physcal advantages Thor and BRB already are on the lines of Hal and Kyle without having to amp themselves up because with Amping Kyle and Hal can match Thor and BRB but Thor adn BRB don't have to.

On the other hand though Thor and BRB can use all their powers without having to worry about amping themselves up see what I'm saying. It's one less thing they have to worry about which will make a big differnce in this fight. Because if BRB and Thor are draining Hal and Kyle while swinging at them. Well now along with having to amp themsleves they have to to mange to keep their powers from being drained. It's like an endurance test. All of which is drainign and as we know GLs that use to much power do get weaker with use.

Plus Hal and Kyle have been shown that they can only amp themselves so much becuase none of them truely are an all out match physcially for Supes. You add i nthe fact that each one of Thor's and BRB's attacks will be hitting with more force then Superman's attacks that is hard for willpower based people to stand up to.

Plus magic is always a kind of iffy spot for a GL to begin with that The Asgardains attacks may even be more efftive then normal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.