Who thinks Pirates 3 will be..............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chekmate_09
the best Pirates movies so far,and who thinks it will suck?Or maybe,who's neutral?

a-k-a-amber
best pirates so far

a-k-a-amber
best pirates so far unless of course jack and liz dont end up together

johnnyforever
No matter what happens, IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! i mean come on, it's got Johnny Depp in it people! laughing out loud

chekmate_09
Yeah,I like Johnny Depp's acting.Seriously,he's the fun of the whole Pirate saga.

Gravitation
Yeah! CAN'T WAIT! IT'S GONNA RULE!!!

Mistypirate
I believe its going to be the best Pirate movie, I trust the production, writers and Co. I think its going to be an awesome movie.

a-k-a-amber
well the world wont end if jack and liz dont get together but i think the series should win best cliffie since star wars lol

Vim
Well I'm having mixed feelings because they seem to be going with a darker tone for the movie, as in it won't have as much comedy as there was in the first two... And I always felt like it should stay lighthearted, and the 2nd was already hinting at the darker tone (aside from Cap. Jack being eaten of course) as well as the Black Pearl being devoured. And the whole thing of Davy Jones being this heartless creature, he really doesn't have any feelings for anything and he will be like the ultimate bad guy... Not sure where I was going with that??? Anyway... I hope they keep as much comedy in it as possible.

Mistypirate
Yes you are right the movie has turned more darker, but people seemed to like that idea. The 1 billion can speak for itself. Eventually AWE is going to have its humour as well. Like what DMC had.

johnnyforever
I like it darker. MMUAHAHAHA!!

evilm0nki3
Originally posted by johnnyforever
I like it darker. MMUAHAHAHA!!

Agreed! evil face

I still like the humor though laughing out loud

johnnyforever
yeah! i mean a movie without humor is just a bad movie! either that or a drama...

Jcksparrows
Don't rightly know... Goodness, I'm starting to talk like Jack. I'll still go to the premiere. I would still go if it were the twelfth one! Ha! That's why I love this forum... because I'm free to be the true dork that I am without any of my friends/family members/classmates/random people throwing tomatos at me.

johnnyforever
YES EXACTLY!! eek! finally someone who understands. but listen you're not a dork. i'm Queen Dorky! laughing out loud

see here i can say things like, JOHNNY DEPP IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE!! and my mom can't bark at me about it!

Jcksparrows
Originally posted by johnnyforever
YES EXACTLY!! eek! finally someone who understands. but listen you're not a dork. i'm Queen Dorky! laughing out loud

see here i can say things like, JOHNNY DEPP IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE!! and my mom can't bark at me about it!

I KNOW! My brother likes the movies and everything, but now he's come to dispise them because of how much I mention them or how many spoilers I give him. Like just now, I told him there was going to be a 4th POTC and he was all, "Ohhh man! Those producers are stupid! It'll for sure burn out by then!" I mean, seriously... sad Here, I am understood. cool

johnnyforever
YEAH! THANKS KMC FORUMS!!

Jcksparrows
Lol!

johnnyforever
so Jcksparrows? what do you think potc 3 will be..... lol

ivebeendepped43
best one hands down

Captain's Wench
No matter what...as long as Jack Sparrow is in the picture teenage girls and cooler people *like us big grin * will still go even if it's TERRIBLE...we're true fans.

Jcksparrows
You know, to be completely and brutaly honest, I think it might lose a bit of its momentum, but of course, it'll still be amazingly... amazing! big grin I've read the leaked script and so far, it seems to be a bit dark, still humorous, but darker... and I hate the way Will's turning out! Why can't he just loosen up a bit, huh?

Captain's Wench
Cause it's Will...haha I dont even know how to explain it.

Jcksparrows
I know! He's such a kill-joy! Man, he's lucky he's so hot... or else he'd get my vote out! rock

PirateDiva
Best So Far and Best there ever will be!!!!

LovelyOne
IT WILL SUCK IF ITS A STORY BASED MAINLY ON WILL HE IS NOT THE REASON THE MAJORITY OF THE AUDIENCE WATCH THE MOVIE>>THIS SHOULD BE ABOUT JACK..even if the movie is "will's story" the ending should be Jack's if its not then Disney are seriously missing the mark with AWE IMO.

if the story's mainly on Will..then he gets the most heroic moment AND the twist ending, I'll be pissed..why are they pampering this character so much?? Why are they making him out to be the lead hero..Its al gotta boil back to Jack Sarrow he is Pirates of the Caribbean..the movie needs to end on him in some way or movie 4 will suffer IMO.

JACK is the money of the movie here..If Jack leaves incomplete as a man I'll be really upset

why should Jack leave this movie broken apart?

Elizabeth is clearly what saves this man and brings those parts together for the better..and if he leaves with that honest part dead..and remaining dead I would think they ruined his character. He would have an uresolved feeling to him..

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by LovelyOne
IT WILL SUCK IF ITS A STORY BASED MAINLY ON WILL HE IS NOT THE REASON THE MAJORITY OF THE AUDIENCE WATCH THE MOVIE>>THIS SHOULD BE ABOUT JACK..even if the movie is "will's story" the ending should be Jack's.

if the story's mainly on Will..then he gets his heroic moment AND the twist ending I'll be pissed..why are they pampering this character?? JACK is the money of the movie here..If Jack leaves incomplete as a man I'll be really upset

why should Jack leave this movie broken apart?

Elizabeth is clearlly what saves this man and brings those parts together for the better..and if he leaves with that honest part dead..and remaining dead I would think they ruined his character.

i agree... the only reason POTC lovers will go see the third one is because it is such a cliffhanger--they want to see what will happen with JACK SPARROW. will was fine where we left him--jealous of JACK SPARROW. he stole will's fionse (spelling sad) and didn't act in any way to apologize. (WHAT FRICKIN PIRATE WOULD!?)

i mean..... we all came to know/love love jack sparrow in the second movie. when he was swallowed, everyone was like "o my god" but not in like "O MY GOD!!" just like "i can't believe what they're making him go through" kinda thing. but it ended at such a bad spot that i wanted to buy tickets for the third one right then and there.

if there is no 4th one (sorry for looking on the downside) the third one will have to be the best movie yet--making audiences GET WHAT THEY WANT- putting jack and elizabeth together! because that's what the majority of the audiences want! (i guess) if ted/terry want people to walk out of the theaters saying "wow" or "that was the best", they gotta give us what we want!

LovelyOne
exactly^^ apparently this movie ends on a cliff hanger for a 4th..I know what this cliffhanger is likley to be..and if It's a cliff hanger based on Will...its not gonna draw the crowds for a 4th...its all gotta be about Jack IMO.

Something happens to Jack early on in AWE that people will not like to see and they will probably want it to be resloved by the end of it all and if its not and we see that Will is clearly their main priority and they end the movie making sure HE is happy and leave Jack Sparrow shattered as a human being? The audience will be feeling the same too I assure you..

*jcd*gmc*
that's basically what i just said (not to be offensive). no one wants will-pansy-boy-turner! they all want jack-the-cliff-hanger-sparrow!

LovelyOne
yes exactly^^ smile lol and I know i'm repeateing but im kinda just ranting out to the world with thse posts..

I mean apprently this movie is based mainly on Will(not Jack and not Liz)..he gets most of the story revolving around him, he gets the most heroic moment..he seems to get the girl..dont you think Jack deserves the happy "twist/cliffhanger" ending Disney? Instead of T&T Gore/Jerry all bowing down to the whelp..and making sure he has everything he wants by the time the movie ends...and leaving Jack "incomplete"??

I'd be super duper duper pissed.

I AM super duper pissed..I will probably watch it still but I just get the feeling Jack is now playinf second fiddle to Will which is how it shouldnt be..Jack needs to be the cliff hanger.

If that was Will who died in movie 2..I wouldnt be thinking "OMG!! i need to watch 3 to make sure he is OK!"

Like you said earlier lol^^

katelovespirate
"Jack-the-cliff-hanger-sparrow"--- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was great.

it just seems so fricking obvious to me right now that Jack and Elizabeth HAVE to be together... they have the PIRATE SONG etched in their hearts together--- they BELONG together. sigh.

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by LovelyOne
yes exactly^^ smile lol and I know i'm repeateing but im kinda just ranting out to the world with thse posts..

I mean apprently this movie is based mainly on Will(not Jack and not Liz)..he gets most of the story revolving around him, he gets the most heroic moment..he seems to get the girl..dont you think Jack deserves the happy "twist/cliffhanger" ending Disney? Instead of T&T Gore/Jerry all bowing down to the whelp..and making sure he has everything he wants by the time the movie ends...and leaving Jack "incomplete"??

I'd be super duper duper pissed.

I AM super duper pissed..I will probably watch it still but I just get the feeling Jack is now playinf second fiddle to Will which is how it shouldnt be..Jack needs to be the cliff hanger.

If that was Will who died in movie 2..I wouldnt be thinking "OMG!! i need to watch 3 to make sure he is OK!"

Like you said earlier lol^^

exactly--if will died, i'd walk out of the theater saying "well that sucked" because it would! i mean, will dying would be like WHOO HOO, and then you'd realize, what happens to jack now? he'd be the main character, but without at least one pansy in the movie it would be like, well, it would be too good. you want someone to laugh at--will-pansy-boy-turner--and you want someone to come back to--jack-cliff-hanger-sparrow. do you get it?? i mean pirates 3 has to be good--jack sparrow is leaving us at his first cliff-hanger--something NO ONE expected. but also something everyone wants to see...

LovelyOne
I dont think Will is needed for the movies success to be honest..

lovethemtigers
yeah, me too...I'll be very disappointed if its not Jack and Lizzie because all the clues point to them..and it's like Kate says....they both have that Pirate Song etched in their hearts....because Liz has always dreamed of being with a Pirate...because she and Will are doomed...their wedding is stopped because fate intervenes....her dress sinks to the bottom of the ocean...Jack released her from her tight corsett...Jack has saved her life several times...Liz and Jack are destiny...and Will...well, he's just a space filler....Yes, I would be disappointed if movie 3 is all about Will..cuz that's just stupid...besides I would hope Gore, Jerry, Ted and TEryy all realize how important Jack Sparrow is to the success of the previous 2 movies...and there is no way they wouldn't make it be about Jack. come on....although movie 1 was suppose to be Will and Liz's story it still was all about Jack...and movie 2 was definitely Jack's story and in the long run...we will also see that movie 3 is too....

As long as the movie has great jack sparrow moments...as long as it does, then it will be a great movie...at this point based on everything we've heard about AWE...I don't see it being better than the previous 2...

lovethemtigers
But....I really hope it is..cuz I just love the POTC and DMC movies and hope and pray that AWE will also be good and be one I will want to see over and over...just like it's predecessors...

tee_pirategirl
I totally feel the same...I can talk about my favorite subject as much as I want WITHOUT ppl rolling their eyes and saying "you know what I really DON'T care who gets the friggin girl!"

this is like my second home...love all ya guys..group hugg. ok-um-ohhhh getting back to the subject: IT WILL BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER

lovethemtigers
me too...this is the only place I can talk about Pirates and not get "you are obsessed with that movie and Johnny Depp"...

LovelyOne
LMAO me too.

See we are the die hard fans of this movie..and the majority of the diehard fans WANT J/E darn it..

tee_pirategirl
well one thing that warms my heart is that Johnny Depp is first in the casting and he's still the star meaning JACK'S still the main character...and remember the article in the Jerry Bruckheimer interview thread "how much more would Orlando want to playsecond place to an over the top Depp" or something like that? means will won't steal the show...

I hope so..

lovethemtigers
Will couldn't steal the show no matter how hard poor Orlie tried...cuz no one can outdo Johnny in my book...

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Will couldn't steal the show no matter how hard poor Orlie tried...cuz no one can outdo Johnny in my book...

Spoken like a true fan *wipes her eyes and blows her nose*

willofthewisp
yeah, there is no way Will can steal the show. He's a blacksmith.

Liz: No, he's a pirate.

Really? Think about it for a little while, go take another longing look at Jack and then get back to me.

PirateDiva
^^ LMAO!!! Guess Liz still didnt know what a pirate was at the end of POTC 1....lmao!!!

willofthewisp
Well, she wasn't there to see that it was Jack taking charge of the rescue. After Will broke him out of jail, Jack took the lead and Will followed. If you watch it from only Will's point of view, he doesn't do a lot of pirate things after helping Jack steal the ship, but if you watch from Liz's point, you know nothing in between seeing Will as you're being dragged away and when you see him after you told Barbossa you weren't the child of Bootstrap Bill.

calypso
I have also wondered why Will doesn't tell Liz that he "Sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the Fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga" to prove to her he is a pirate, or to let her know how much he has proven he loves her by his actions.

He does not tell her how much Jack helped to precipitate her rescue. She does not find out til she is back on the Dauntless with Gibbs and crew.

TnT should have had him throw in with Jack to facilitate both objectives if they wanted him to be a "pirate movie pirate", and the true love story for Lizzie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.