Do you think PS2 was the turning point for Sony or PS1?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227
Do you think PS2 was the turning point for Sony or PS1?

I think PS2 was the biggest turning point for Sony Entertainment although PS1 did a hella good job by having consumers buying its games...

But if you look at PS2, it has some defining features that dominates our gaming markets: 1)it has nice games that we want; 2)it is compatible with almost PS1 games; and 3) it is a DVD-player....

PS2 was probably the best gaming concoles in our history...even Super Famicon's reputation can never be as good as PS2.

PS2 has really changed our gaming world and how we view videogames.

PS2 has brough gaming funs and our social lives together.

Kroenen
Use the other forum young man.

ysh227
I am almost 23

Should I be called a young man or young adult?

bogen
dude, it's old get over it.
The nentendo Wii is the way of the future.

Originally posted by ysh227
I am almost 23

probably both, young man by your mom.
A young adult by ur teacher/ lecturer.

Kroenen
I am almost 23

Your Young
Your a Man

Therefore your a Young Man.

coolmovies
Ya it has changed the gamming forever !! The next turning point is PS3

dirkdirden

WrathfulDwarf
The PS2 came out in a time where there hardly was any competition. The console was just as over hyped as the PS3 is today. Wanna know which was the best console 6 years ago? It was The Dreamcast not the PS2. The fall of the Dreamcast is what made Sony a giant in the industry.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The PS2 came out in a time where there hardly was any competition. The console was just as over hyped as the PS3 is today. Wanna know which was the best console 6 years ago? It was The Dreamcast not the PS2. The fall of the Dreamcast is what made Sony a giant in the industry.

They were giants before that. When the PS1 dominated the Sega Saturn and N64 is when they became Giants. After that there hasn't been a competitor worthy to call competition.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by coolmovies
Ya it has changed the gamming forever !! The next turning point is PS3

The PS2 didn't change anything for gaming. It just sold a lot.

N64 did WAY more for gaming then PS2 ever came close to doing.

N64: First to use analog control, first to use rumble feature, first TRUE 3D games released, first console to introduce 4 player multiplayer. Christ, even PS2 didn't have 4 player multiplayer (without adding an attachment).

Nintendo has always been the major innovator, and everyone else always follows suit. They're doing it again with the Wii controller (which Sony arguably copied with the PS3, but in a much worse fashion, and at the apparent cost of losing the rumble feature on they're controller...like wtf, how do you not have a rumble feature???...huh ) The only thing that Playstation did was make CD's the new standard format for holding games on. Thats about it.

AstroFan
PS2 has really changed our gaming world and how we view videogames.

It made them prettier, and then it was the weakest graphical system when the other 2 came out.

The PS2 really did nothing amazing that hadnt been done before.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by dirkdirden
They were giants before that. When the PS1 dominated the Sega Saturn and N64 is when they became Giants. After that there hasn't been a competitor worthy to call competition.

Well, Sony is doing a great job of changing that this time around. PS3 has been nothing but disappointments lately.

TricksterPriest
Personally, I agree with my friend, who said that FF7 was the real turning point when the PS got really big.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

and who caused Dreamcast to fall? bloody backstabbing Microsoft, that's who.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.