Expanded Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
I haven't read much EU stuff, but I was wondering about what decent books there are, preferably set in the time of the old Republic. Nothing against NJO, I just find the OR to be more interesting, what with all the great Sith Lords, the Republic constantly hungry for expansion and the Hypocrisy of the jedi.

Any reccomendations?

General G
I'm not exactly sure, but I think the only novel is the Darth Bane: Path of Destruction book. There is a KOTOR comic though.

Lord Coal
That's all? Damn! I'd have thought people could've written a bit more than that. There's like, 20,000 years to get through.....

Thanks for replying though, G.

General G
Anytime! I would have assumed there would be more posts as well, kind of concerning...

Dessel
Well yeah, the only real book there is is Path of Destruction, however there are a bunch of comics, such as the Tales of the Jedi series, or the Jedi versus Sith series. The new KotOR one's also pretty cool.

General G
Any idea what the KOTOR comic is called?

Dessel
Flashpoint I think.

Dessel
http://swtimeline.ru/?main=cOld_republic_Er

In fact, you can read the new ones here. Commencement is the first story arc, flashpoint is the second.

General G
Awesome, thanks a lot.

WonderGirl
There really weren't a lot... most of the novels are set in the New Republic and feature Luke, Han, and Leia, or else Anakin Solo, Jaina, and Jacen. There are books with Anakin as a Padawan, when Obi-Wan was still training him, but not too many go very far back.

McCusto
Thrawn Trilogy. Even if it does take place after ROTJ, it is still hands-down, the best EU trilogy EVER.......I think.

The big EH
Originally posted by Lord Coal
I haven't read much EU stuff, but I was wondering about what decent books there are, preferably set in the time of the old Republic. Nothing against NJO, I just find the OR to be more interesting, what with all the great Sith Lords, the Republic constantly hungry for expansion and the Hypocrisy of the jedi.

Any reccomendations? anything by timothy zahn is good, it's not OR but Hier to the Empire trilogy is the shiz!

General G
I never read much of the New Republic era, the ones I did read, I didn't think that they were too good and never really read anymore of them. I wouldn't really suggest reading any NJO.

The Planet
You have to read Path of Destruction, by far the best book there is. My favorite PT novels were The Caestus Deception and Labyrinth of Evil. The New Republic novels kinda suck imho.

General G
Definately what Planet said, those books were awesome, definately in the top for favourite books. I have not read The Cestus(?) Deception though, although it looks good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.