Xmen Battle: A Family Feud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Cyclops, Archangel, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Rogue

versus

Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Colossus, and Iceman

Rules:
1) Rogue will not be allowed to steal power/suck life.
2) Iceman has to fight in solid ice form (ie no mist)

Redatom65
Who's the host. Richard Dawson?

Rewmac
Wolverine's Speedblitzing Batkick followed by Power Cosmic TK Bone-Claw Slash destroys them all.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Rewmac
Wolverine's Speedblitzing Batkick followed by Power Cosmic TK Bone-Claw Slash destroys them all.

that's all you gotta say in any fight against Wolverine or Batman

Priest
team2

batdude123
It would basically turn out to be Iceman vs. Cyclops, considering Cyclops has the ability to take out Storm quickly before she could conjure up something.

Then Iceman would take it.

invisiblewoman
team 2 ftw

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by batdude123
It would basically turn out to be Iceman vs. Cyclops, considering Cyclops has the ability to take out Storm quickly before she could conjure up something.

Then Iceman would take it.

What's to stop Colossus from flattening him (Cyclops)?

batdude123
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
What's to stop Colossus from flattening him?

His optic blasts. no expression

SpunkySmurph
His optic blasts. no expression

You mean those?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/UltimateColossusandCyclops.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that that's Ultimate C. But I really dont think there was much change in durability- strength was a huge jump, but not durability

batdude123
You mean those?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/UltimateColossusandCyclops.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that that's Ultimate C. But I really dont think there was much change in durability- strength was a huge jump, but not durability

So... you have no legitimate evidence. erm

Ult. Colossus is very different from 616 Colossus.

And do you really think Scott would unload his most powerful optic blast on Peter? The blast in that scan is rather pathetic compared to his most potent blast.

SpunkySmurph
So... you have no legitimate evidence. erm

Ult. Colossus is very different from 616 Colossus.

And do you really think Scott would unload his most powerful optic blast on Peter? The blast in that scan is rather pathetic compared to his most potent blast.

erm The differences between the durability of their steel skin are few and minor, to say the least.

Do you really believe Cyke would immediatley unload his most potent blast on Peter in this situation?

batdude123
erm The differences between the durability of their steel skin are few and minor, to say the least.

Do you really believe Cyke would immediatley unload his most potent blast on Peter in this situation?

Do you really see Peter "flattening" him as you claimed?

If he's going ftw he'll blast him with pretty sizable optic blasts.... at least one's that are able to KO him, and not kill him.

masterbruce
I think ppl are underestimating team 1 in this battle.

Rogue can hang with Colossus.
Beast can occupy Wolverine.
Archangel can deal with Storm.
Nightcrawler can evade Iceman.
And Cyclops can take on Gambit.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by masterbruce
I think ppl are underestimating team 1 in this battle.

Rogue can hang with Colossus.
Beast can occupy Wolverine.
Archangel can deal with Storm.
Nightcrawler can evade Iceman.
And Cyclops can take on Gambit.

... or

Anyone can take out Beast
Storm can take out Archangel, and then anybody else.
Iceman can take on Cyke
Colossus can eventually take out Rogue
Wolvy and Gambit can take out NC

Rewmac
Ultimate Colossus is nothing like 616 Colossus. If 616 Cycke'd shot 616 Pete with an optic blast it would have eneded other way. But that was kind of a small one. That should bounce off...

Redatom65
well if it's for the win Kurt can port swords into all of them no expression

Soleran
Well the Team two should win they also are the team with the most energy control.

SpunkySmurph
Do you really see Peter "flattening" him as you claimed?

If he's going ftw he'll blast him with pretty sizable optic blasts.... at least one's that are able to KO him, and not kill him.

Flattening was Hyperbole, as I'm sure you knew

But, a single punch from Colossus would KO Cyke

Look at it this way:
Cyke fires a pretty DAMN sizable blast (though I'd still like to see prook it would be so easy) and takes out Colossus

...meanwhile, Storm fires off a lightning bolt, taking out Cyke.

batdude123
Flattening was Hyperbole, as I'm sure you knew

But, a single punch from Colossus would KO Cyke

Look at it this way:
Cyke fires a pretty DAMN sizable blast (though I'd still like to see prook it would be so easy) and takes out Colossus

...meanwhile, Storm fires off a lightning bolt, taking out Cyke.

Nightcrawler could teleport his hand in her skull.

SpunkySmurph
Nightcrawler could teleport his hand in her skull.

erm

We can do this back and forth.

Iceman can mess everybody's liquids up.

capt it up

versus

Wolverine should either fight beast or night crawler.
colossus should deal with scot or rouge
gambit should deal with either beast or arch angle
storm should deal with rouge or arch angle
ice man should deal with scot or rouge

masterbruce
erm

a factor to consider is how fast they can use their abilities

Cyclops can take out Storm with a beam much faster than Storm can conjure a lightning

SpunkySmurph
a factor to consider is how fast they can use their abilities

Cyclops can take out Storm with a beam much faster than Storm can conjure a lightning

Yeah, but he cant do that AND protect himself from anybody with range.

batdude123
erm

Did I not say that team two would win... no expression

masterbruce
Yeah, but he cant do that AND protect himself from anybody with range.

well, he does have 4 teammates occupying his enemies

SpunkySmurph
Did I not say that team two would win... no expression

You did, but you also said Cyke would be one of the last two standing. And I disagree

masterbruce
This is team 1's plan to win:

Start of battle:

Nightcrawler teleports behind Iceman and cuts off his head.
Cyclops takes a headshot against Storm.
Rogue fights against colossus while beast fights wolverine. Archangel is acting as diversion against gambit.

now it's 5 on 3, team 2 loses quickly.

Team 1's key to winning is taking out iceman before he can do damage. I think Nightcrawler can succeed in that task.

Of course, team 2 can win as well. I just wanted to pose a realistic way for team 1 to succeed.

Soljer
Uhhh...even in 'solid ice form' Iceman can still suck all the water out of their bodies. Or turn their heads into water. Or freeze the water in their body.

And, even without going into a 'mist' form, Bobby can reform himself. Or just inhabit a shattered piece of ice.

Iceman beats team 1 Solo.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Uhhh...even in 'solid ice form' Iceman can still suck all the water out of their bodies. Or turn their heads into water. Or freeze the water in their body.

And, even without going into a 'mist' form, Bobby can reform himself. Or just inhabit a shattered piece of ice.

Iceman beats team 1 Solo.

Or Cyclops could just take off his visor and vaporize team 2 the second the battle begins.

Redatom65
kuer'a Fst portwr. He might bw able to take 3-4 of them down

Soljer
Or Cyclops could just take off his visor and vaporize team 2 the second the battle begins.

Except...you know....iceman'll still live. Even if he's just a chip of ice, or a puddle. He could also simply inhabit the water WITHIN another combatant's body whilst he kills everyone. You only explicitly ruled out his mist form, who is to say that he doesn't just inhabit the water inside Cyke's body, freeze it, burst out, and freeze everyone else immediately?

Besides THAT fact, he may be able to freeze Cyclop's concussive energy - he froze cosmic level heat energy, after all.

And besides THAT fact, you would have to argue what would happen faster, Cyke taking off his visor, or Iceman merely thinking everyone to absolute zero.

I'd guess the latter.

Iceman beats the entire thread, 10/10.

Except for colossus, mayhaps. His insides become organic steel as well, yes? No water to freeze...hmmm...

rotiart
2 things...

1 when several xmen had gone through some kind of ordeal where they thought for some reason cyclops was the enemy... cyclops used his strategic abilities to beat off pretty much the entire team including nightcrawler, storm, and wolverine to my recollection...

when cyclops fought storm... and lost... i thought that was the greatest load of bull in my life..... but it happened... but one on one is not the same as team leader's skills... and i honestly think that having cyclops on your team as leader more then makes up for the firepower on team 1. I'd edge team one for the win, as cyclops is a master strategist, who knows the full breadth of powers of each of his teammates... is always trying to drag people into the danger room... Cyclops would give team one the win... if only not for.. item 2..

Cyclops was last shown with eyes brown, no powers coming out of it. Whether that is due to a "burnout" of his complete mutant powers.. or a temporary one... or a new learned ability, i don't know. I haven't read the next issue yet, but as of right now, cyke is powerless. sad

cyke with his blasts edges a win, without it... its just plain sad.

masterbruce
Except...you know....iceman'll still live. Even if he's just a chip of ice, or a puddle. He could also simply inhabit the water WITHIN another combatant's body whilst he kills everyone. You only explicitly ruled out his mist form, who is to say that he doesn't just inhabit the water inside Cyke's body, freeze it, burst out, and freeze everyone else immediately?

Besides THAT fact, he may be able to freeze Cyclop's concussive energy - he froze cosmic level heat energy, after all.

And besides THAT fact, you would have to argue what would happen faster, Cyke taking off his visor, or Iceman merely thinking everyone to absolute zero.

I'd guess the latter.

Iceman beats the entire thread, 10/10.

Except for colossus, mayhaps. His insides become organic steel as well, yes? No water to freeze...hmmm...

Can iceman really freese people that easily? If so, how often does he do this in comics versus enemies during a fight? Do his teammates just stand around watching him do his stuff, as no one else is necessary?

Soljer
Can iceman really freese people that easily? If so, how often does he do this in comics versus enemies during a fight? Do his teammates just stand around watching him do his stuff, as no one else is necessary?

Question one: Yes he can.

Question two: Well, lemme respond with a question of my own: Why doesn't strange always stop time? Why doesn't the Flash speedforce-dump everyone? Why doesn't superman speedblitz everyone? Why doesn't the Surfer trap every enemy in his board?

SpunkySmurph

Question two: Well, lemme respond with a question of my own: Why doesn't strange always stop time? Why doesn't the Flash speedforce-dump everyone? Why doesn't superman speedblitz everyone? Why doesn't the Surfer trap every enemy in his board?

You fail at counting. That was four questions. no expression

stick out tongue

Soljer
You fail at counting. That was four questions. no expression

stick out tongue

Four?

"Can iceman really freese people that easily? If so, how often does he do this in comics versus enemies during a fight? Do his teammates just stand around watching him do his stuff, as no one else is necessary?"

1. Can Iceman freeze people that easily?

2. If so, how often does he do this in comics ?

3. Do his teammates stand there?

Three. You fail at counting, I simply didn't answer the third question.

SpunkySmurph
Four?

"Can iceman really freese people that easily? If so, how often does he do this in comics versus enemies during a fight? Do his teammates just stand around watching him do his stuff, as no one else is necessary?"

I was talking about your post. You said 'let me respond with A question of my own'

Then you asked four.

You fail at logic.

masterbruce

Strange is usually battling against someone who can also counteract against time manipulation.

Using speedforce takes Flash to dangerous territory of losing his humanity for omnipotence, therefore he doesn't want to go that far.

Superman's foes are superfast as well.

It takes surfer time to do something like that. He's going to be occupied if his foe is coming at him.

Soljer
I was talking about your post. You said 'let me respond with A question of my own'

Then you asked four.

You fail at logic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You fail at clarity.

Soljer
Strange is usually battling against someone who can also counteract against time manipulation.

Using speedforce takes Flash to dangerous territory of losing his humanity for omnipotence, therefore he doesn't want to go that far.

Superman's foes are superfast as well.

It takes surfer time to do something like that. He's going to be occupied if his foe is coming at him.

Hmmm....

aaaand.....SURVEY SAYS!

BZZZT!

rotiart
Four?

No offense soljer, cause i'm sure its an honest mistake, but i think you posted about the wrong post. big grin

Your second question says Lemme respond with a question of my own:

but within that post you have 3 questions.
1. Why doesn't strange always stop time?
2. Why doesn't the Flash speedforce-dump everyone?
3. Why doesn't superman speedblitz everyone?
4. Why doesn't the Surfer trap every enemy in his board?

You know I like you, but come on, admit he got you. big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by rotiart

No offense soljer, cause i'm sure its an honest mistake, but i think you posted about the wrong post. big grin

He pointed that out -_-.

SpunkySmurph

thumb up

Soljer fails at admitting failure

Accept that, you should know...

" but within that post you have 3 questions. "

You even numbered them. no expression

smile You both fail at counting

rotiart
dammit!!!!

thats what i get for rushing. big grin

SpunkySmurph
dammit!!!!

thats what i get for rushing. big grin

laughing out loud

stormfront13
um...do you guys know that storm doesn't have to conjure lightning, she can shoot it out of her hands, just like can out of her eyes, except the fact that cyke isn't fast enough to dodge lightning, and storm has already dodged cykes blasts

Booyah
Team 2 10/10

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by stormfront13
um...do you guys know that storm doesn't have to conjure lightning, she can shoot it out of her hands, just like can out of her eyes, except the fact that cyke isn't fast enough to dodge lightning, and storm has already dodged cykes blasts

So basically, what you're saying, is that Team 2 pwns even more than previously thought?

tkitna
Team 2 . Storm takes out team 1 by herself.

stormfront13
So basically, what you're saying, is that Team 2 pwns even more than previously thought?

yeah

StyleTime
Originally posted by capt it up

versus

Wolverine should either fight beast or night crawler.
colossus should deal with scot or rouge
gambit should deal with either beast or arch angle
storm should deal with rouge or arch angle
ice man should deal with scot or rouge
So it's a win-win for team 2.

Why was Wolverine the only one you capitalized? lol

Grimm22
Nightcrawler and Cyclops ftw wink

rotiart
Really quick, does rogue still have the ability to recall any person's power she's ever used? I don't remember seeing her do as such in recent comics... its almost like all she uses is sunfires power.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Grimm22
Nightcrawler and Cyclops ftw wink
Either Gambit or Wolverine can take care of Nightcrawler and Iceman can do the same to Cyclops.

rotiart
What exactly are gambits current powers... as he was altered by Apocalypse... and the comics didn't really go into it... did he get his powers back... or some altered version... or something else altogether?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by StyleTime
Either Gambit or Wolverine can take care of Nightcrawler and Iceman can do the same to Cyclops.

thumb up

Or Storm

Or, you know, Iceman could do it all himself... confused

rotiart
can't rogue recall any mutants power she's touched before...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.