rogue vs spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the rogue that had the power of invulnerability, super strength, speed, flight, and absoption.

Zahit
Originally posted by carver9
This is the rogue that had the power of invulnerability, super strength, speed, flight, and absoption.
This is the Rogue that gets her rump thumped by Spiderman.

Scoobless
Yup.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Zahit
This is the Rogue that gets her rump thumped by Spiderman.

hahahaha, you have completely lost any shred of credibility you may have had.

Rogue beats spidey 9/10

Scoobless
Nope.

supervenom
Scenario.

There are no building, ledges, etc. for spidey to web onto.

Rogue breaks the ground open.

Spidey could possible web to the side of the opening and try and crawl back up, but she keeps on shaking the ground.

Any chance for Spidey then?

DigiMark007
Breaks the ground open?

I don't have a problem with Rogue winning (it would be a good fight), but that's a Hulk tactic, not Rogue.

supervenom
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Breaks the ground open?

I don't have a problem with Rogue winning (it would be a good fight), but that's a Hulk tactic, not Rogue.

I just took the Super Strength and went with that. I mean she can fly and all, but based on what I hear on Spider Sense, it wouldnt do much good?

DigiMark007
So you obviously don't have a good conception of Rogue's strength, and you have to go by what you hear on Pete's spider-sense?

No offense bud, but is this thread really within your realm to say what's what?

DigiMark007
Also:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2080/superapesjp9.gif

nuf said.

cool

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by masterbruce
hahahaha, you have completely lost any shred of credibility you may have had.

Rogue beats spidey 9/10

hahahaha, you never had any credibility.

rotiart
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yup.

I was going to say rogue wins...

but if scoobless says spiderman wins... i'll have to think about this some more.

(My fear of well known debaters like Scoobless makes me go rethink this fight more in depth) big grin

Darth Macabre
Did Rogue have Carol's "sixth sense" back when she had her Ms. Marvel powers? She did right?

supervenom
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So you obviously don't have a good conception of Rogue's strength, and you have to go by what you hear on Pete's spider-sense?

No offense bud, but is this thread really within your realm to say what's what?

Well Zahit was explaining it in detail in the other thread.

Plus I perhaps have 1% of the knowledge of comics you all have, but I do still read comics daily (although not in detail as maybe you all do) but I like to participate in these things. Still learning from you guys though, so throw whatever you got out smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by supervenom
Well Zahit was explaining it in detail in the other thread.

Plus I perhaps have 1% of the knowledge of comics you all have, but I do still read comics daily (although not in detail as maybe you all do) but I like to participate in these things. Still learning from you guys though, so throw whatever you got out smile

Ok. Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound condescening or anything...it just seemed odd that you were talking about rogue splitting open the ground.

Metalmanx

What's the environment? New York? Westchester?

python99
well no absorbtion unless she beats spideys suit off him which she is capable of

xmarksthespot
Assuming both are classic incarnations. Rogue would win a majority. I'm sure this has been done several times before.

Zahit
Spiderman embarassed the entire X-Men once.
Rogue could not dodge Spiderman's webs.
Rogue could not break free from Spiderman's webs (at least not quickly).
Rogue got decked the f*ck out by Titania, who was She-Hulk's equal.
Spiderman beat the holy goddamn out of Titania.
What's Rogue gonna do? Fly at him at top speed?
Like he can't dodge her all day long?
What's she gonna do with a face full of webs, and Spiderman dodging
and pounding the hell out of her. Like he did Titania. And Rhino.
And Piledriver. And countless other people stronger than him.

C'mon people. Buy a book. Read a little.

rotiart

you are right... rogue never was much of a fighter. I've always thought of her as a careless brick that didn't really know how to fight (even in current xmen, i can't get through the idea that the writers let HER lead a team when she hasn't really done anything that should be team leader status)

okay i see... and its not like rogues on the hulks level of strength or durability or anything...

okay i give, spiderman can win this one.

8urs

laughing out loud

DigiMark007

Co-sign. Especially since I think it's in blank verse.

confused

Scoobless
Spider-Man is just too quick for Rogue.

python99
Spiderman is outmatched in strength we all can agree on that rouges flight gives her an advantage but with all of spideys abilites combined in any fight he is FREAKING LETHAL. I origianlly gave Rouge a 6-7/10 but I now remember when Spidey WRECKED Titania I dont see why he cant do that to Rogue. I have not seen much of Rogues great feats but I do know what she is capable of. If Someone has got some scans of Rogues feats please post em'. I will go with a tie 5/5 split. And tie breaker goes to Spidey because he bring so much more to the table.

StiltmanFTW

Rogue stomps.

carver9
Lol...I made this thread in 2006...don't know why I would make this thread when overall, Spiderman can't beat her.

ShadowFyre
When it comes to people fighting out of their weight class and winning Spidermans one of the people I think of. Not saying he wins but I think if they went all out I could totally seeing him wreck rogue somehow.

Shabazz916
rogue breaks all of spiderman limbs off

StiltmanFTW
Lol...I made this thread in 2006...don't know why I would make this thread when overall, Spiderman can't beat her.

Originally posted by Shabazz916
rogue breaks all of spiderman limbs off

thumb up

SamZED
Funfact #1 Spider-man's webbing held Rogue before.
Funfact #2 Spider-man's webbing held Ms. Marvel before.
Funfact #3 SpOck's webbing is more durable than Pete's was.
Funfact #4 Spider-man is quick enough to web Rogue up.
Funfact #5 In the past several months Spider-man's hits were shown to cause visible damage to the likes of Titania, Absorbing Man, The Wrecker and The Thing.
Funfact #6 SpOck is willing to kill and has 10 foot long razor sharp claws that can easilly penetrate Rogue's brain through her eye socket.
Now put #4, #5 and #6 together and you'll get your answer.
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Not saying he wins but...
I am. Come at me, Stilt.

JayDaDon

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up smart

Shabazz916
Originally posted by SamZED
Funfact #5 In the past several months Spider-man's hits were shown to cause visible damage to the likes of Titania, Absorbing Man, The Wrecker and The Thing.
Funfact #6 SpOck is willing to kill and has 10 foot long razor sharp claws that can easilly penetrate Rogue's brain through her eye socket.

I am. Come at me, Stilt.

rogue grabs him takes his powers and uses him to hammer a fire hydrant but it doesnt work as well as she expects it.

StiltmanFTW

I am. Come at me, Stilt.

7WRNVErCSno

maxivitopowe
Why don't you like Spidey Stilt?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Shabazz916
rogue grabs him takes his powers and uses him to hammer a fire hydrant but it doesnt work as well as she expects it.

Except spider-man knows her schtick and simply doesn't let her touch him, also hey, his skin is completely covered by a costume.

ShadowFyre
Yeah. Just overall superior in the use of his powers vs rogue hit stuff. More intelligent and has already been shown to be able to hirt people stronger than rogue. Flightnis only helpful if she had a ranged attack or was fighting another brick. Lol, yall act like Spidey cnt turn his head up or something. Her smacking her face into the ground at 200 mph is much more likely than her connecting with Spidey.

carver9
Rogue is faster than Spiderman imo.

ShadowFyre
In top speed yeah. But I cant recall her ever being shown faster in agility,dexterity,and nimbleness which is what he isngoing to use to dodge her.

JayDaDon
Rogue is faster than Spiderman imo.

She isn't. If your talking about bullrushing speed, that didn't work out too well for quicksilver or speed demon.

carver9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
She isn't. If your talking about bullrushing speed, that didn't work out too well for quicksilver or speed demon.

https://imageshack.com/i/7210418rr8j
https://imageshack.com/i/el10420qk2j

I disagree.

Firefly218

Stop making so much sense!!!! mad2

StiltmanFTW

I disagree.

Good job thumb up Wanted to bring up that feat myself.

As for "pounding the hell out of her"... not gonna work. He would sooner break both hands.

JayDaDon

I disagree.

Just that one feat? Spidey has been laughing at bullet speed since 15 and his catalogue of bullet time feats is a lot bigger.

JayDaDon
Also if spidey didn't break his hands on rhino, iron man, morlun, absorbing man, titania, juggernaut. ...yeah

StiltmanFTW
Actually, he almost did on Juggernaut. And hurt himself on far less durable enemies.

Bullet dodging =/= bullet catching.

StiltmanFTW
http://imageshack.us/a/img40/402/76921396.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/6079/31267818.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img233/2694/64074412.jpg

Rogue's invulnerability is going to be too much for him.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://imageshack.us/a/img40/402/76921396.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/6079/31267818.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img233/2694/64074412.jpg

Rogue's invulnerability is going to be too much for him. I would ask if you were serious, but your stance on this pretty much means anyone who disagrees is right.

Roasted.

SamZED
Good job thumb up Wanted to bring up that feat myself.

As for "pounding the hell out of her"... not gonna work. He would sooner break both hands. This again huh... Rogue's head will be turned into mashed potato long before Spider-man start feeling an itch on his knuckles. That's how it is and no amount of scans you've been collecting for years for this exact purpose - to lowball Spider-man will change that.
Thing
Upgraded Lizard
Absorbing Man
Titania
Wrecker
and those are only recent examples.

And if you really want to go down the lowballing road.. if Sabertooth can knock Rogue out with 3 hits Spider-man should murder her in one.

@Carver its a nice feat. But its one of those hollysh!t kinda feats one writer pulled out of his ass for the cool effect. Rogue's combat speed is not and never was shown to be on Spider-man's level.

Shabazz916
Except spider-man knows her schtick and simply doesn't let her touch him, also hey, his skin is completely covered by a costume.

She will catch him lets remember spider man is a great character but not at all invincible she will catch him face it.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, well, Spidey has taken on a herald of Galactus sneer

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, well, Spidey has taken on a herald of Galactus sneer
Spidey has taken on Silver Surfer three times and at one point surfer was fighting for his life against him.

http://i.imgur.com/RvOeY5A.jpg

That's better than Rogue's whole career combined.

laughing out loud

leonidas
lol that is classic stuff.....

StiltmanFTW
This again huh... Rogue's head will be turned into mashed potato long before Spider-man start feeling an itch on his knuckles. That's how it is and no amount of scans you've been collecting for years for this exact purpose - to lowball Spider-man will change that.
Thing
Upgraded Lizard
Absorbing Man
Titania
Wrecker
and those are only recent examples.

And if you really want to go down the lowballing road.. if Sabertooth can knock Rogue out with 3 hits Spider-man should murder her in one.

@Carver its a nice feat. But its one of those hollysh!t kinda feats one writer pulled out of his ass for the cool effect. Rogue's combat speed is not and never was shown to be on Spider-man's level.

Rogue is more durable than anyone you listed, AM being the only possible exception depending on what form he took.

Sabretooth is just that much better than Petey.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
lol that is classic stuff.....

Modern stuff has Daredevil undressing right before Surfer's scared eyes stick out tongue

carver9
Just that one feat? Spidey has been laughing at bullet speed since 15 and his catalogue of bullet time feats is a lot bigger.

How many times does she have to do it. There is a lot of one time fts going around the forum that has been considered legit for characters, why is Rogue treated differently.?

Mindset
How many times does she have to do it. There is a lot of one time fts going around the forum that has been considered legit for characters, why is Rogue treated differently.? Spiderman has taken down herald level characters more than once.

So he stomps.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman has taken down herald level characters more than once.

So he stomps.

Your mom and Firelord really don't count stick out tongue

Mindset
Your mom and Firelord really don't count stick out tongue But your mom does.

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/images/vermin/vermin5.jpg

Roasted.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

JayDaDon
How many times does she have to do it. There is a lot of one time fts going around the forum that has been considered legit for characters, why is Rogue treated differently.?

Because that's one(correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the only one I've seen) feat where she operates at a level of speed she never has before or since. It can easily be seen as an outlier.

JayDaDon
Besides that, as fast as Rogue moved her hands in that scan is comparable to how fast Spidey moves his entire body stick out tongue

carver9
Because that's one(correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the only one I've seen) feat where she operates at a level of speed she never has before or since. It can easily be seen as an outlier.

It doesn't work like that though. If she did it, its canon and usable go fhe character.

SamZED
Rogue is more durable than anyone you listed, AM being the only possible exception depending on what form he took.

Sabretooth is just that much better than Petey. Not more durable than Thing or Wrecker. There are lots of other examples. Anyway, i realised I sounded harsh in my previous post for no particular reason. Sorry about that, man. Stressed from work. I still dont see current SM hurting his hands on either one of them. And all of his latest showings support that.

Sabertooth is Kraven's *****. He aint got nothing on Spider-man.

Boss16
Rouge kisses spidey. The end.

JayDaDon
It doesn't work like that though. If she did it, its canon and usable go fhe character.

You know that isn't how it works, otherwise spidey is a herald level wrecker.

carver9
You know that isn't how it works, otherwise spidey is a herald level wrecker.

I guess people did not read the context behind Spiderman beating Firelord.

Boss16
Wow spidey fans are using PIS now even though rouge would destroy spidey.

JayDaDon
Yeah apparantly he was "weakened" but there are better examples, anyway, we still use averages. That's what the rules say. And rogues full list of speed showings doesn't compare.

Boss16
So Rouge has a strength advantage right this is rouge with Ms. marvels powers right.

StiltmanFTW
Not more durable than Thing or Wrecker. There are lots of other examples. Anyway, i realised I sounded harsh in my previous post for no particular reason. Sorry about that, man. Stressed from work. I still dont see current SM hurting his hands on either one of them. And all of his latest showings support that.

Sabertooth is Kraven's *****. He aint got nothing on Spider-man.

Definitely more durable than Wrecker. Read up on him, he's Rhino's student in the art of jobbing. He shines in his appearances vs. Spider-Man for some weird reason (which gets you butthurt, no doubt), but even that was taken from him - see Otto no-selling crowbar to the face and Wrecker's "oh shit" expression. Example of inferior durability would be getting "stung" by Fancy Dan's bullets. While he fares considerably better than Thor against such conventional projectiles on average, I'm pretty damn sure Rogue wouldn't feel them at all.

Thing? Maybe you're thinking of his damage soak/heart force, but actual durability is lower than Rogue's - parts of him are flying off all the time... see his fight with Spider-Man as one of the countless times it happened... other example would be him getting scratched by a random claw strike from Logan who was neither in his right mind nor accustomed to Mr Fantastic's powers. When Rogue got hit with a glancing blow, she was in a notable pain, but no real damage done (much like Professor Hulk vs. BC Wolverine).

Think nothing of it, Vs. Forum is no place for subtleties anyway stick out tongue

While using a gun, Kraven made Parker his b!tch, too.

Mindset
I guess people did not read the context behind Spiderman beating Firelord. The context was that Spiderman kicked Firelord's dick in.

SamZED
Definitely more durable than Wrecker. Read up on him, he's Rhino's student in the art of jobbing. He shines in his appearances vs. Spider-Man for some weird reason (which gets you butthurt, no doubt), but even that was taken from him - see Otto no-selling crowbar to the face and Wrecker's "oh shit" expression. Example of inferior durability would be getting "stung" by Fancy Dan's bullets. While he fares considerably better than Thor against such conventional projectiles on average, I'm pretty damn sure Rogue wouldn't feel them at all.

Thing? Maybe you're thinking of his damage soak/heart force, but actual durability is lower than Rogue's - parts of him are flying off all the time... see his fight with Spider-Man as one of the countless times it happened... other example would be him getting scratched by a random claw strike from Logan who was neither in his right mind nor accustomed to Mr Fantastic's powers. When Rogue got hit with a glancing blow, she was in a notable pain, but no real damage done (much like Professor Hulk vs. BC Wolverine).

Think nothing of it, Vs. Forum is no place for subtleties anyway stick out tongue

While using a gun, Kraven made Parker his b!tch, too.
Just because small bits fly off him doesnt mean Ben is less durable. Thing is a solid rock, yet Spider-man doesnt hurt his knuckles hitting him. Rogue is tough but still made of flesh, skin, muscles, fat in all the right places (I'm a little turned on right now). No reason for SM to hurt his hands on her. Lizard? He's been punching him just fine last they've met. Same goes for Tombstone and others. Wrecker jobs but has nice durability showings vs Thor. Then there's Absorbing Man and many many others. Few separate occasions of an early SM written for the sake of making Pete's enemies look tough do not change that. I believe I've made my case.

Gun or no gun, it was made clear that Creed is Sergei's **** period. While Spider-man raped an upgraded Kraven along with his insane family.

bluewaterrider

I disagree.

Pictures so very very tiny ... sad

Stranglehold300
I going with Rogue because I dislike Spiderman so much.

*runs away*

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Digi
Breaks the ground open?

mmm

JayDaDon
Meh he just jumps over it

bluewaterrider
He gets clocked by the falling debris.

There's always falling debris.

h1a8
Spidey can definitely win a few if he is flat out serious as hell.
But under normal circumstances Rogues wins a high majority. That *****!

JayDaDon
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Good thing he has a spider-sense.

bluewaterrider

Good thing he has a spider-sense.

confused

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by h1a8
Spidey can definitely win a few if he is flat out serious as hell.
But under normal circumstances Rogues wins a high majority. That *****!

Indeed.

JayDaDon
confused

Everyone has low showings

bluewaterrider
I'm amazed to no small end that anyone could call the action of the first Spider-Man versus Juggernaut a "low" showing for either character.
Pete defeats arguably the greatest legitimate opponent a metahuman of his type COULD plausibly expect to defeat without that opponent limiting their full max damage output against him (e.g. Firelord, 1985) there.

So, you must have some durability showings in mind that negate Pete's vulnerability to structural collapse on that scale? I'd be interested in seeing them.
With the notable exception of a web shield, I don't see where there's any other response save the following to that particular problem ...

bluewaterrider
He'd be a sitting duck if Rogue found him in the aftermath of the scenario described above, by the way, an otherwise successful "escape" against ordinary opponents ...

SamZED
I'm amazed to no small end that anyone could call the action of the first Spider-Man versus Juggernaut a "low" showing for either character.
Pete defeats arguably the greatest legitimate opponent a metahuman of his type COULD plausibly expect to defeat without that opponent limiting their full max damage output against him (e.g. Firelord, 1985) there.

So, you must have some durability showings in mind that negate Pete's vulnerability to structural collapse on that scale? I'd be interested in seeing them.
With the notable exception of a web shield, I don't see where there's any other response save the following to that particular problem ... Vulnerability to structural collapse? Since when is that a thing? He's got out/avoded sctructural collapse many times. Not sure how it's even a concern in a featureless environment, but assuming it somehow is.. just because there are instances of stuff falling on top him doesn't make it some sort of superhero weakness. That's like saying that if you got hit by a ball once that means every times someone throws a ball it will end up hitting you in the head. Here's an example of Pete escaping from a collapsing building, not just some debries but the entire building coming down on him:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17261156_ASM_651_021.jpg
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17261157_ASM_651_022.jpg
Not only did he escape he also managed to get Black Cat out. Still not sure how it's relevant to this particular scenario givven the default featureless environment. If Rogue's battle plan boils down to accidently burrying SM under some random flying debries... that even sounds ridiculous... just not going to happen. Might as well assume that Wolverine is destined to getting kicked by a deer every times there's one in the area.

JayDaDon

With the notable exception of a web shield, I don't see where there's any other response save the following to that particular problem ...

It has nothing to do with juggernaut or durability its about spider sense combined with insane speed. Also, this fight won't be taking place in a building.

bluewaterrider
Vulnerability to structural collapse? Since when is that a thing? He's got out/avoided structural collapse many times. Not sure how it's even a concern in a featureless environment, but assuming it somehow is ...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17261156/ASM_651_021.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17261157/ASM_651_022.jpg.html

(Not only did he escape he also managed to get Black Cat out.)

I'm glad you posted. You enabled me to figure out the mystery of why Carver's images were coming out postage-stamp size. You guys are using phones as opposed to laptops, and, for whatever reason, even removing the beginning code, "s4d3" or whatever, isn't enough to correct it for ordinary computers.

But the format above works, the "jpg dot html" bit, at least once parsed once more with URLs.

--------------------

It's a "concern in a featureless environment" because I was assuming this fight was taking place IN an environment WITH some normal features.

Mainly New York City, the setting for most other X-Men versus Spider-Man encounters, save Secret Wars I.

In other words, a place where Spider-Man has the theoretical resources of cover and web-swinging maneuverability afforded by tall buildings.

I REALLY don't see where you guys think he has much chance if he's fighting Rogue in an open field. Not even 3/10. Especially not when a tactic as simple as the following can keep him at bay:

JayDaDon
The more open the field, the larger the advantage for spider-man. Its why the rhino is absolutely lethal to him in closed spaces but in open space you can damn near guarantee spidey will win. If he's in open space he can move as fast as he wants (which is a lot faster than rogue) not to mention, were talking about someone a lot smarter than rogue too.

carver9
I'm glad you posted. You enabled me to figure out the mystery of why Carver's images were coming out postage-stamp size. You guys are using phones as opposed to laptops, and, for whatever reason, even removing the beginning code, "s4d3" or whatever, isn't enough to correct it for ordinary computers.

But the format above works, the "jpg dot html" bit, at least once parsed once more with URLs.

--------------------

It's a "concern in a featureless environment"u because I was assuming this fight was taking place IN an environment WITH some normal features.

Mainly New York City, the setting for most other X-Men versus Spider-Man encounters, save Secret Wars I.

In other words, a place where Spider-Man has the theoretical resources of cover and web-swinging maneuverability afforded by tall buildings.

I REALLY don't see where you guys think he has much chance if he's fighting Rogue in an open field. Not even 3/10. Especially not when a tactic as simple as the following can keep him at bay:

I buy my comics and download it directly from my phone. I then transfer the scans I want to use to photobucket from my photobucket app. The only thing you need to do is click on the tab at the bottom that says "view full site". Exit out of it and then try to pull it up again (the scan). It should work after that.

Magic Joe
I buy my comics B]

laughing out loud

bluewaterrider
I buy my comics and download it directly from my phone. I then transfer the scans I want to use to photobucket from my photobucket app. The only thing you need to do is click on the tab at the bottom that says "view full site". Exit out of it and then try to pull it up again (the scan). It should work after that.

sad

You used Imageshack for THIS particular thread, though.

No such "view full site" option exists.

Kazenji
I buy my comics and download it directly from my phone.t.

So you use those digital services?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.