Vulcan vs. Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Ok...here we go...

Vulcan: Omega Class mutant with vast psionic and energy manipulating abilities, Professor X says he is the most powerful mutant he has ever encountered

Green Lantern: we all know

Brian Oswald
Couldn't vulcan just control gls energy?

norrinradd43
he can only control his energies with are vast...he killed 5 or 6 members of the imperial guard before gladiator ripped his eye out and then koed him long enought to put mutant restarints on him...he did escape from shi'ar jail though

Scoobless
Which comic did he fight the Shi' Ar in?

norrinradd43
the latest issue of Uncanny X-men 480 i believe

ExtraMision5555
and i didnt read it sad

rotiart
i caught the issue right before that one. :/

norrinradd43
u need to it kicks ass, Vulcan is the younger brother of Scott and Alex and is a serious bad ass and he wants to see nothing more than the destruction of the Shi'ar...he can also travel through space unaided and take down fleets of ships

rotiart
Originally posted by norrinradd43
u need to it kicks ass, Vulcan is the younger brother of Scott and Alex and is a serious bad ass and he wants to see nothing more than the destruction of the Shi'ar...he can also travel through space unaided and take down fleets of ships

i know that much.... i also caught the whole... shiar phoenixblade vs rachel bit too... where rachel absorbed some of the energy of the blade...

didn't see how vulcan did against glads though.

Personally my theory is that cyclops and havoc are a lot stronger than they let on....

cyclops (without the mental restraints) destroyed in an instant something that some have taken him seven seconds at full power to do.

havoc's genetic ability to absorb cosmic material was applied to... some guy... who ended up turning into the living monolith...

i say that cyclops and havoc are both on the levle of vulcan... they just never realized it. big grin

and when that day comes... Happy Dance

ExtraMision5555
yeah i read everything up to the fight, i might ahve missed one somewhere in there tho

norrinradd43
It is a cool ish, vulcan kills Titan, Impulse, Neutron, Hobgoblin, Cosmos, and I think Starbolt before Gladiator gets all unstoppable and rips his eye out

rotiart
nice.

if you haven't read it... go find the issue of exiles where they fight alongside gladiator against silver surfer...

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart

Two words: eye punch.

norrinradd43
really how does norrin come out?

norrinradd43
anyway...back to the subject, Vulcan vs Green Lantern

Roldz
He kills all of em...

Ohh, EXP.. GL will majorly win against Vulcan...

bigbran
really how does norrin come out? He rips Gladiator in two...

norrinradd43
personally I think this is a pretty even matchup I think its a 5/10 for both sides

chris_64256
Originally posted by bigbran
He rips Gladiator in two... Damn I got to pick that up..

norrinradd43
yeah if silver surfer ripped gladiator in half I have to see it, gladiator must have been really down on himself to let that happen

bigbran
yeah if silver surfer ripped gladiator in half I have to see it, gladiator must have been really down on himself to let that happen SS was called the Ravager of Worlds. His board had like swords on it, and he called his board, and bang.

SpunkySmurph
yeah if silver surfer ripped gladiator in half I have to see it, gladiator must have been really down on himself to let that happen

Well, ripped isnt the propper term.

Actually, his board cut him in half

chris_64256
still the guys in two pieces..

norrinradd43
guess gladiator never saw it coming...thats one way to stop the unstoppable

norrinradd43
I think we have yet to see the best vulcan has to offer though...hopefully this story leads to Professor X getting his powers back

rotiart
big grin

8urs
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, ripped isnt the propper term.

Actually, his board cut him in half

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5605/exiles0872006teamdcp09fl2.th.jpg

ExtraMision5555
one day, maybe we'll all be in someone elses gas tank

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by 8urs
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5605/exiles0872006teamdcp09fl2.th.jpg
That was from Exiles so it is not canon

outavodka
i was bouta say damn i missed alot....cus i they both were just involed with other shit

Supreme being
i know that much.... i also caught the whole... shiar phoenixblade vs rachel bit too... where rachel absorbed some of the energy of the blade...

Personally my theory is that cyclops and havoc are a lot stronger than they let on....

cyclops (without the mental restraints) destroyed in an instant something that some have taken him seven seconds at full power to do.

havoc's genetic ability to absorb cosmic material was applied to... some guy... who ended up turning into the living monolith...

i say that cyclops and havoc are both on the levle of vulcan... they just never realized it. big grin

and when that day comes... Happy Dance

Happy Dance You have no idea how true i want this to be besides its about time cyke lefy wolverine in the dirt in terms of power.

wiccan999
Yeah, what he^^ said Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

boriquaking55
Vulcan: "Why...can't....I touch you?!"

Gladiator: "Because I consider myself, untouchable."

Totally Badass

Galan777
Ok...here we go...

Vulcan: Omega Class mutant with vast psionic and energy manipulating abilities, Professor X says he is the most powerful mutant he has ever encountered

Green Lantern: we all know This really depends on which GL we are talking about.......... I mean Vulcan really dosen't have much of a chance against Hal, Kyle, Alan, but against a weaker GL Vulcan might win...

8urs
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
That was from Exiles so it is not canon

Didn't say it was, I was just showing what someone was talking about on the previous page. He wanted to know what happened.

Validus
Vulcan isn't top tier. Gladiator's ass whooping proved that much. GL takes him to school on how to really manipulate energy.

NiņoAraņa
could someone show the eye pinch thing?

juggernaut66666

8urs
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4117/uncannyxmen480013ry1.th.jpg

8urs
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1852/uncannyxmen480015zy6.th.jpg

NiņoAraņa
badass...but i tohught someone said he lost his eye...must have read it wrong.

norrinradd43
Gladiator was able to do that to him because he was pretty pissed off about seeing Vulcan kill 6 members of the imperial guard...earlier in the fight Vulcan rocked gladiator with a couple blasts...Vulcan is also does not fully understand what he is capable of...it is mentioned that he is the product of rapid aging and has the mentality of a 15 or 16 year old

Darth Macabre

Entity
Damn I was at work today and thought of the same idea but, you beat me to it so well done.
As for the fight, thou i think it would depend on the ability Vulcan has to control "magic" energy as apposed to normal energy, if he could i think it maybe one of the only true test of the GL's will power. I would think a ring like that would never be posed a thread by just force. The true test to me, are when they must defeat people with similar powers like Sinestro, Nero, or someone with more power like the parallax entity. Anyway, with it being them trying to overpower him at the same time as trying to keep him from drawing on their power. All depends on his ability to control that type of power and their personal will.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Entity
Damn I was at work today and thought of the same idea but, you beat me to it so well done.
As for the fight, thou i think it would depend on the ability Vulcan has to control "magic" energy as apposed to normal energy, if he could i think it maybe one of the only true test of the GL's will power. I would think a ring like that would never be posed a thread by just force. The true test to me, are when they must defeat people with similar powers like Sinestro, Nero, or someone with more power like the parallax entity. Anyway, with it being them trying to overpower him at the same time as trying to keep him from drawing on their power. All depends on his ability to control that type of power and their personal will.
Please almost every Gl could handle Vulcan

Entity
Unless he can control magic energy just as well?

juggernaut66666
Unless he can control magic energy just as well?
Oan energy is not magic.

Grimm22
Ok...here we go...

Green Lantern: we all know

Actually Jean is the most powerful mutant he has ever encountered no expression

He never said he was the most powerful

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
Two words: eye punch.

Two Better Words: Bear Punch no expression

Tron
nice.

if you haven't read it... go find the issue of exiles where they fight alongside gladiator against silver surfer...

Surfer sliced Gladiator in two before they even made it to the battlefield.

complexbrother
Vulcan would win. he has energy manipulating powers, he would make the emerald energy his own.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by complexbrother
Vulcan would win. he has energy manipulating powers, he would make the emerald energy his own.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vulcan would lose so badly it is not even funny.
Do you no anything about Green Lanterns besides the Justice League cartoon??

Entity
Oan energy is not magic.

I really thought green lantern's power was magic based. I say this because i used to belive it was Oan technology and a form of energy projection, then a friend showed me some references to where it was stated as being magic based. But comics are notorious for there inconsistency. So, you maybe right.

However if you are then, Vulcan IMO would have quite an advantage on any GL, even ones as experianced as Hal, Kyle, John, and Guy. But if Kyle was ION this would be a different story entirely. Thou the thread started said GL.

Vulcan 7.5/10

juggernaut66666
I really thought green lantern's power was magic based. I say this because i used to belive it was Oan technology and a form of energy projection, then a friend showed me some references to where it was stated as being magic based. But comic are notorious for there inconsistency. So, you maybe right.

However if you are then, Vulcan IMO would have quite an advantage on any GL, even ones as experianced as Hal, Kyle, John, and Guy. But if Kyle was ION this would be a different story entirely. Thou the thread started said GL.

Vulcan 7.5/10
any of the following GLS : Kyle,Hal,Kilowog,Guy,Alan,John would beat Vulcan 10/10

Grimm22
any of the following GLS : Kyle,Hal,Kilowog,Guy,Alan,John would beat Vulcan 10/10

Eh erm

Kyle, Hal and Alan beat him 10/10

Kilawog beats him 9/10 and John and Guy beat him 8/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Grimm22
Eh erm

Kyle, Hal and Alan beat him 10/10

Kilawog beats him 9/10 and John and Guy beat him 8/10
no expression

Grimm22
no expression

Fine they all win 10/10 glare

complexbrother
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vulcan would lose so badly it is not even funny.
Do you no anything about Green Lanterns besides the Justice League cartoon??

yes. and I remember Dr. Light beating a GL (Kyle) b4 . he used his own energy to win. (the female Dr. Light did the same thing to Hal in a issue of the outsiders)

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Grimm22
Fine they all win 10/10 glare
thumb up stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
yes. and I remember Dr. Light beating a GL (Kyle) b4 . he used his own energy to win. (the female Dr. Light did the same thing to Hal in a issue of the outsiders) Originally posted by juggernaut66666
no expression

ExodusCloak
Vulcan has no feats...that would give him a win over a GL....I wish people would stop using him...since he has practically only appeared in less then seven comics....and only two out of the seven involved actual fights.
GL 10/10

batdude123
yes. and I remember Dr. Light beating a GL (Kyle) b4 . he used his own energy to win. (the female Dr. Light did the same thing to Hal in a issue of the outsiders)

Any version of Dr. Light beating a GL is crap. thumb down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.