Keira, TO GROWN UP FROM PIRATES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
KNIGHTLEY TOO GROWN UP FOR PIRATES

Also see:
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is refusing to star in any more PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEAN sequels, insisting the third movie will be her last in the swashbuckling franchise. The 22-year-old beauty made the announcement after finishing filming PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLDS END, which will be released next year (07). Knightley has played the part of cabin girl ELIZABETH SWANN since 2003's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. The British actress says, "I've been playing this girl since I was 17. "I'm 21 now and I'm onto very different things."
10/11/2006 12:35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/ knightley%20too%20grown%20up%20for%20pirates_10133

This is bad bad bad news sad

crazychic
yeah im not sure i like this thread

katelovespirate
disney will release a statement any second now saying this interview is unfounded... LOL... just like they did with orlando.

though i reckon both Orlando and Keira may have actually said that.

crazychic
well thanks for trying to make us feel better *sighs*

katelovespirate
no one shoot me, but i think making another trilogy might border on overkill. i dont want to see Jack Sparrow in an adventure without Elizabeth or Will. but how long can they draw out stories for all three of them, once the love triangle is solved and someone's immortal and kids are thrown into the mix or whatever? (another reason not to have kids in there). i hope they just focus on making 3 the best conclusion they can without worrying about a 4.

Mistypirate
Oh thank God, whats up with this press? They want to give us heart attacks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToddianGirl
Yup this is just another rumor that has been cooked up. Remember people rumors are EVIL! Editing to say:I agree Mistypirate the media likes to send people into a tail spin over stupid rumors. Like a said before rumors are EVIL! they only lead to trouble know that.

crazychic
yes rumors r evil, and i do like katelovespirates idea

Mistypirate
I hope they say that this is totally false, And I hope that they don't come up with this unfounded crab. sad

tee_pirategirl
WHAT? WHAAAAAT? nooooooooo..ok breath in..out..in..out. I'm heading over to the to the therapy thread and someone please post it if disney denies this k? thnx guys I'll go do some yoga

ToddianGirl
Everyone please keep in mind that this story is a RUMOR and what are rumors? They are EVIL and only lead to trouble!

Mistypirate
Yes but when rumours come out, that means something is going on.

katelovespirate
T and T have made numerous comments on the errors of reporting.

for example, what Orlando said was, "If they want me to do more Pirates films, I'm all for it!"

and what the article posted was "They havent asked me to do more pirates films, and I think I'm going to focus on other things."

so Keira may have said anything. Probably something like "I Love playing Elizabeth. I've really been able to grow with the character. It's such a joy to experience." and they turned it into the statement above.

just saying guys, please dont take this too seriously. lol.

crazychic
true how do rumors even start

LovelyOne
Oh well then its a W/E ending...no questions about it.

they are making a huge mistake if they take Elizabeth Swann out of this franchise.

They must realise where this 1 billion came from..

I also dont think Orlando is returning...seriously I dont think he possibly can afrer where he ends up in the franchise..

**** disney man...

LovelyOne
what a stupid...STUPID idea for them to even make an entire movie where the lead male is with the lead female for the majority, they appear to be falling for one another..and expect the audience to just accept she chooses Will and never comes back ever again..

I cant believe they even did that its like milking J/E for all its worth before killing her character off..****ers..

****ERS

crazychic
ya i agree lovely

katelovespirate
um, dude, we have no confirmation on this guys. please, please don't freak out yet. let's keep the faith alive, for my sake... sniff sniff

shannstar79
I am going to keep the faith kate!!
I truly believe this is not true
if it were true there would be abn officaial statment from DISNEY

LovelyOne
but kate..we know what they are doing dont we?? So it probably is true IMO

katelovespirate
there's always another bend in the road, or twist in the plot, or scene in the script. maybe we dont know it all... *crosses fingers*

Mistypirate
I think is now worthless to have hopes. I mean lets face it they are going to kill away anyone, I guess they ran out of good plots. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see a handicap Jack.

PirateDiva
OK Keira can officially "EAT iT NOW," this movie made her....a little appreciation would not hurt....ewwwww!!!!

I Havent read all ur responses but can anyone tell me how Accurate is this interview?

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
OK Keira can officially "EAT iT NOW," this movie made her....a little appreciation would not hurt....ewwwww!!!!

I Havent read all ur responses but can anyone tell me how Accurate is this interview?

I don't really know how accurate this really is, but when rumours start going around that means that something is boiling.

Red Two
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F
UC*** FUC**** FUC**** FUC***** NO FAIR!!!!!

PirateDiva
^^ Um what was that For?

Turbo-charged
Originally posted by Red Two
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F
UC*** FUC**** FUC**** FUC***** NO FAIR!!!!!

laughing laughing laughing
the only "real" girl in the film and now shes out!!

Red Two
now i realy mus say this
http://tyrant118.tripod.com/pic/skeletons.jpg

Turbo-charged
you already said that somewhere else!

Red Two
but here is the best place
*Goes to find other creepy picture*

Turbo-charged
no expression
I will dread the moment he posts another one!

Red Two
http://redmolly.typepad.com/picayunedemocrat/images/army1.jpg

Turbo-charged
no expression told you

katelovespirate
sheesh you guys stop stressing. i read a recent interview where Johnny said he wasn't coming back for any more pirate movies, another one that said he was, another one where the writers said they wouldnt do any more, and another one where they had already started writing one.

NONE OF THEM ARE TRUE> NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING YET FOR SURE> Disney has NO WAY of knowing whether they will do another one, so the actors have NO WAY of knowing if they would do more.

If Disney offered Keira the money, you can bet your ass she'd do it. Actors have to eat. If Orlando or Keira or Johnny were offered to do more (and offered money and Gore and the writers) then they'd do it. simple as that.

LOGIC. just think about it logically and it makes sense. they've all become legends. that would be like the emperor in star wars saying, No George, I dont really feel like doing any more star wars movies, i dont really feel like earning millions and being an icon, i'd rather sit and do indy films during that time.

can we please put this behind us and be rational? and think about the amazingness that POTC 3 is going to be??? smile and think about only a few short weeks till the DVD is out?

Turbo-charged
smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

PirateDiva
^^ Thank u for the Pick me up.....like i said im not emotionally stable for this rollercoster ride right now....lol...Where up, then were down!!!

katelovespirate
okay guys, here is the real interview:

<<<"I've been playing this girl since I was 17," Keira told me on the set of Atonement.

"I'm 21 now and I'm onto very different things, but it's fun to try to invest Elizabeth with some rebellious spirit.

"But what I'm doing in Atonement is very different. I mean, she is a grown-up woman!"

Keira is far too polite to say, but I suspect that she won't be sorry to say goodbye to Elizabeth Swann.>>>

You know what this means? KEIRA NEVER SAID SHE WOULDNT COME BACK. She said she liked playing Elizabeth, she liked her new roles, she liked stretching herself and working on her craft. NOT A WORD ABOUT NO MORE PIRATES.

The stupid interviewer made that crap up, COMPLETELY.

Okay? Are we okay now?

PirateDiva
^^ Yes a little Better....Thank YoU!!! Im Up Again...LOL!!!

Red Two
Originally posted by Red Two
http://redmolly.typepad.com/picayunedemocrat/images/army1.jpg I hope your Right or Else ^^

ToddianGirl
See guys that there is NOTHING to be worried about or get worked up over nothing. Like I said before and I'll say it again rumors are EVIL!

Turbo-charged
no expression
CNA YOU QUIT WITH THE PISTURES!!!!

PirateDiva
^^ Thats for sure....EVIL!!!!

LovelyOne
yes I'm feeling better but Still feeling iffy...sad

Thanks kate

hopefully this fake interviewer's story will hit the net big time and Disney will see the reaction caused and at least get some vibe of how much the audience will want Keira to stay on..especially after what we saw with DMC.

Turbo-charged
ya, thanks

katelovespirate
awe hugs everyone. *gee, i feel like Chiki.* big grin

Turbo-charged
hopw so?

LovelyOne
Anyone notice that when The orlando story hit about him possibly not returning for a 4th...most people were like "yeah so?" pretty much..even Brad Pitt said that..because to be honest a movie cant have 2 lead males and Will/Jack are both showing potential as lead straight up males..and who do you think they would rather keep in the story as a straight up lead male?

when this rumor gets out people will be pissed on a major scale..because she is one of the only female's in the story and she is a big factor of its success..she is the one and only lead female..if they tried to make Tia the lead female..people would be pissed..if they made a new one in movie 4..it wouldnt feel right..unless it was a prequel to Movie 1

Turbo-charged
not crazychic!

PirateDiva
LOL... i know right and then rumors hit of Keira and everyone gets pissed off....like what the Heck...lol!!

evilm0nki3
yeah lol

i would be sad if keira didnt come back sad

LovelyOne
yeah and who would you prefer to be the lead male Orlando or Johnny?^^

lol isnt that just the stupidest question ever

if there is a move 4 I think most people would want Keira to remain the lead female becuase a movie needs one for gods sake and in movie 2/3 she doesnt have a inferior/superior rival to take her place..

trust me it wont be Tia..Naomi has already said she's not gonna be in a 4th..she said it flat out.

PirateDiva
Oh GOSH talk about a NO BRAINER.....JOHNNY!!! he's much more interesting to watch than Pansy Boy Will!!!!

Turbo-charged
*sigh*

LovelyOne
BUT Will deserves to have his last stand IMO..he deserves to be the main focus of movie 3..because where he ends up in 3 he cant exactly be in any prequels or sequels

now I think a big mistake would be tying Liz in with him so that she cant ever be in a sequel either because she has a HUGE potential still for a movie 4..

If she is in movie 4 then she's gotta be a love interest otherwise..it wont work IMO

Turbo-charged
yes true

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by Mistypirate

Also see:
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is refusing to star in any more PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEAN sequels, insisting the third movie will be her last in the swashbuckling franchise. The 22-year-old beauty made the announcement after finishing filming PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLDS END, which will be released next year (07). Knightley has played the part of cabin girl ELIZABETH SWANN since 2003's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. The British actress says, "I've been playing this girl since I was 17. "I'm 21 now and I'm onto very different things."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/ knightley%20too%20grown%20up%20for%20pirates_10133

This is bad bad bad news sad

NOOOO! that means jack and elizabeth can't be together for long!! and plus, how will liz "exit" the potc movies?? that's FRICKIN RETARTED!! she's only 21--she should still want to get paid to make-out with the hottest man in the world! love

Turbo-charged
sick,.. but true

LovelyOne
Originally posted by *jcd*gmc*
NOOOO! that means jack and elizabeth can't be together for long!! and plus, how will liz "exit" the potc movies?? that's FRICKIN RETARTED!! she's only 21--she should still want to get paid to make-out with the hottest man in the world! love

Kate found the original interview and keira never said that at all lol..the reporter just twisted it and made it sound as if she wasnt..

guys where Orland ends the movie..there is no potential he can come back IMO

where Keira ends it there is millions of potential she can continue..IMO

but then it ends AGAIN and this is the big fricking question if she can be in a prequel type thing as Jack's love interest...or posible a sequel...but that would mean Jack would like be 60 odd in the next..

Mistypirate
Thanks for the interview Kate smile
But I'm still feeling scared

Turbo-charged
lol

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
lol

Oh that means that I'm still totally stressed out and scared to see the movie. Nobody knows whats going to happen. eek!

Red Two
That is the plan.

Turbo-charged
Its really not a plan

LovelyOne
nop not even me..I'm just guessing things on what I've read from the revision script...It's not even the final revision so I dont even know if I'm right..probably not..but this whle thing about Keira possibly not returning for a 4th doesn't bode well sad

savvysparrow
We've known for some time that the writers, Gore and Jerry Bruckheimer have been saying that after AWE, there was no need for a sequel. They said that the events of AWE will resolve the Pirates story in such a way that there really isn't room for a continuing story. That doesn't mean that they won't do a prequel telling Jack's story, or Bootstrap Bill's story. Jack has this entire fascinating history that leads up to CotBP. My guess is that they'll do something with that.

That being said, who's to say that it doesn't bode well? It can still be a J/E ending without there being a sequel to carry on the events. They'll tie it up enough so that they'll leave things to the imagination.

LovelyOne
but how can they do a story where Jack is suppsed to be younger where Johhny is visibly getting older...I dont think the ending of AWE will be able to make people interested in knowing the history..Its gotta be something that will make people want to watch a 4th..its got to be resolved yet end on a trpe of cliffhanger..

personally I wouldnt be exactly motivated to watch a movie where its explains the past..unless the ending of AWE imples something exciting did happen in the past.

savvysparrow
If Jack's character develops drastically in such a way that it doesn't quite make sense unless you have prior knowledge of what his life was like previously, then there may be some interest there.

If his character changes to where he gives up the sea for something more tangible, then the writers might want to preface that with: here is why is an absolutely plausible ending and what Jack is searching for.

evilm0nki3
Johnny is the bestest stick out tongue

Swann&Sparrow
You said it best.

Thorin
OH NO
That would mean.. there will not be a POTC 4? At least, if they pretend to do POTC 4 with all the characters.
embarrasment

a-k-a-amber
poor johnny he's like all alone for pirates4

LovelyOne
Guys look at Kate's post..its the real interview..the reporter twisted what Keira said.

calypso
Well my children I have read on one of those Johnny fan sites that they will no longer accept posts linked to that music site quoted to begin this thread, because they are NOT ACCURATE. NOT TRUE. NOT CREDIBLE.

So don't panic. All will be well in AWE. And we may be blessed with a prequel in 4 and LOVELYONE you will too like it because you want to know like the rest of us how CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW came to be. Don't loose faith now. We've come to far.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by Mistypirate

Also see:
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

oh! its like a dream come true! please, dont pinch me!

Alina
Calm down everyone....As mentioned, it was "taken out of context" also
here is what Terry said at wordplayer:

"I hate to keep having to make the point over and over, but ...

Entertainment reporting is quie often FAKED. False. Made up.

For example, I know the production schedule, and this isn't even close to Keira's last day of shooting. The article didn't even get that right.

There is no way to tell if what you read is the truth, or if the exact opposite is true. "

LovelyOne
you know what Terry..why cant you just say "NO"

then maybe peope would stop paying attention to the media...

Alina
You know, even if this is true, I don't think it will influence the ending or outcome of AWE. The script was, most likely,written before Keira ever made this "statement". Also,TnT have said that they have written AWE is a way, that would need no more sequels.
I don't think they will make a P4, Jerry B has said he HOPED to do it, Johnny has his reservations, the script has to be good and he is very picky about his scripts. It was him who wanted TnT back for DMC and AWE, so any new writer has something to live up to, something almost impossible. And I doubt Johnny would jump in and say yes just to play Jack again, no matter how much he loves him.
And, IF they decide to do another Pirate movie it will be 3-4 years from now, everyone has other projects lined up. At lot can happen, Keira can change her mind and I'm sure if she knocked on Disney's door and said she would like to do another movie, there would be no problem....

Mistypirate
So in other words,Terry doesn't even know if Keira said that or not. But what he is pretty sure of is, that the article wasn't even close to Keira's last day of shooting. Meaning that her final day of shooting must have been a while ago. IMO I don't think Terry knows if Keira will be returning for a fourth installment or not, thats what I understood.

lovethemtigers
I have to agree with Kate...I don't really want to see another 4, 5 or 6 Pirates...I want this trilogy to wrap up......as much as I love the Pirates movie...if they keep making sequels it will destroy the whole beauty and magic of the original...I think Johnny DEpp can realize this...as much as he enjoys playing Jack Sparrow...besides he has quite a few movies to film in the upcoming years..and I see no time for him to fit 3 more Pirate movies in before he turns 50......I believe Johnny likes playing Jack cuz it keeps him young and carefree....but I would love if AWE wraps up and solves the love story of Jack and liz and we are left feeling happy and can watch the three movies for eternity.....

LovelyOne
If there is a 4 I wouldnt mind 5, 6 is too much..but a 4 would be good..but they cant really think of doing that unless movie 3 wraps up AND ends on a cliff hanger involving Jack Sparrow at the same time otherwise people wont be interested in just seeing Jack on his own being Jack..sometimes when a character is the same all the time it can get boring..

katelovespirate
personally, i'm just stressed out. i cant handle another 10 years of wondering whats going to happen. i would be extremely sad if they did another trilogy with Jack, but without Will or Elizabeth, because I think ALL THREE characters are essential to the success of the franchise, though Johnny Depp carries the majority of that. So if its all three of them again, sure why not! but if it turns episodic, with a different girl/different villian, etc every time, i dont think i'd be so in to that.

lovethemtigers
Well, that's true...but then again I wouldn't complain so much about seeing Johnny Depp on screen..oh well...i'm really stressed out about this AWE movie and I can't stand it...cuz I'm so into Jack/Liz and so in love with all the youtube videos that focus on their love..that without that in AWE I'll just be so sad...oh well....what can one do? I have no control over what T and T have planned and what has been filmed..so I guess I'll just...arghhh..I can't even write about this anymore....I'm so against this movie now...I just want to scream....I hate that they even introduced this Jack and Liz romance...they should have left well enough alone if they did not intend to go that way...cuz Johnny'Jack is too well loved to do that to his character and not expect the audience to want that to be the ending...but doesn't appear that T and T want it that way...for some reason they are stuck on Will an Liz..who knows,,,maybe it's so well written and filmed and acted..I may be rooting for Will and Liz in the end too...don't see how that can happen but they have promised to please all ships...so all we can do is wait and see...

Mistypirate
eek!
Noo we are supposed to be J/L shippers till the end. And that promise about pleasing both ships scares the hell out of me. fear

LovelyOne
Lovethemtigers I agree with you on every word you say..

If this is not to end J/E they have possibly IMO made the biggest mistake in cinema history..and No I'm not over exaggerating..this is the 3rd movie on the planet to ever get to 1 billion the movie's love story (which is essential to any movie really) is based on Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth swann..W/E were not together enough in this movie to convince me that their on screen relationship had moved anywhere.

If they end this W/E they have seriously done it out of spite just so they cant be compared to Star Wars..WTF is with T&T's vendetta against being called similar to star wars?? thats a GOOD thing because that franchise went down as one of the best and most loved franchises in the history of the world..becuase they ended it RIGHT..they gave the right character the girl.

Spider Man will out do this movie for certain if they do not end this on Jack Sparrow winning over the whelp and getting the woman.

since when would the public settle for Spidey losing the main girl to a back up character and leaving with two whores he met in movie one for like a 10 second scene?

I would rather Jack Sparrow die and have his closure that way instead of him leaving having learned absolutely nothing from the adventure and leaving exactly the same as he did in movie 1..can you say "been there done that?"

what was the point of movie 2?

LovelyOne
see now this is where I think thy are hiding something about the ending..why on earth end it exactly the same as we have seen in movie 1?? I swear T&T said they hated star wars 1 and 3 because they both ended with the destruction of the death star..

So why are they ending jack exactly as he was in movie 1 but on a far more over exaggerated level?(same goes for W/E hooking up) UNLESS they have something up their sleeve designed to make us GASP with pleasent surprise?? Something that will shock but because of various revealing things brought to attention in movie 1, 2 and 3 about Jack's character the twist will feel as if it should have ended in no other way.

If they want to end this trilogy on a bang of course its got to end on Jack Sparrow if they want the audience to leave this movie and remember it for what it was first made famous for? end it on Jack..Will turner is nothing..he cant pull of an ending that is going to cuse huge emotion in the audience..nor can Elizabeth on her own...NOR can W/E together in the last scene with no Jack.

Think about it. The end of the story?? The LAST scene has to close on Jack's smiling face.

evilm0nki3
lol dad was reading news on aol and he said "Keira says no to more pirates!"

I set him straightsmile

LovelyOne
guys. I do think its real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/bazbamigboye.html?in_article_id=415609&in_page_id=1794

She can officially cram it..Pirates is what made her and now she's acting as if she is too high and mighty for it?

This means it cant end J/E if she is not in the next movie..IMO Jack Sparrow on his own and not developing only has so much shelf value..

hmmmm....I'm worried about how well the next movie will do without a J/E ending..I really do see this as a train wreck waiting to happen..Spidey will out do it because THEY dont **** around with the audience T&T

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
see now this is where I think thy are hiding something about the ending..why on earth end it exactly the same as we have seen in movie 1?? I swear T&T said they hated star wars 1 and 3 because they both ended with the destruction of the death star..

So why are they ending jack exactly as he was in movie 1 but on a far more over exaggerated level?(same goes for W/E hooking up) UNLESS they have something up their sleeve designed to make us GASP with pleasent surprise?? Something that will shock but because of various revealing things brought to attention in movie 1, 2 and 3 about Jack's character the twist will feel as if it should have ended in no other way.

If they want to end this trilogy on a bang of course its got to end on Jack Sparrow if they want the audience to leave this movie and remember it for what it was first made famous for? end it on Jack..Will turner is nothing..he cant pull of an ending that is going to cuse huge emotion in the audience..nor can Elizabeth on her own...NOR can W/E together in the last scene with no Jack.

Think about it. The end of the story?? The LAST scene has to close on Jack's smiling face.

I don't know, sometimes I believe in TnT writing abilities and sometimes I don't. But If they do want the audiences to be shock and surprise, they have to do something that nobody expects. But then I remember that interview with TnT, they said that they didn't write the stories to make the audiences happy. Therefore when I go see the movie I'm going to go expecting a E/W and a Jack sailing alone, unhappy and miserable ending. But anything can happen.

Mistypirate
DAMN IT mad
I knew it, and I know that they are going to kill her ass in AWE as well. Ok thats it. My hope has plummeted to the bottom of the ocean. Therapy thread for me. sad

katelovespirate
Misty, Terry already refuted that statement.

LovelyOne
refuted what statement?

I want to hear Keira deny it..

sorry but Elizbaeth has lots of potential to develop and mature onscreen

PotC are becoming more adult..they are not kids films

Mistypirate
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Misty, Terry already refuted that statement.

I don't know, It's just this feeling I get. But did Terry said it was completely false? From what I understood,was that he didn't have any idea whether Keira had made that statement or not. I mean the interview could have been done the day of her last shooting, and not come out until yesterday.

LovelyOne
exactly Terry never ever says no to any of these rumors..he just sort of fules them all the more lol

katelovespirate
he responded essentially the same way he did to the Orlando rumors. "unfounded".

if we knew whether they would both be returning for future films, we would figure out the ending pretty quickly.

Mistypirate
Yea Keira is right, and if she does wants to move one I can understand her reasons.

katelovespirate
im serious when i say it wouldnt be keira wanting to move on. it would be the story requiring it.

Keira and Orlando are famous and all, but they likely get paid ten times as much for these films as they do for any other project they do.

if they end 3 in such a way as to make the continued involvement of Will and Elizabeth unnecessary, then they wont be back.

But if offered to do more, they both would. thats the way these work.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
refuted what statement?

I want to hear Keira deny it..

sorry but Elizbaeth has lots of potential to develop and mature onscreen

PotC are becoming more adult..they are not kids films

And yes what better way to Mature....than to have a ROLE of endless opportunities....Keiras character Elizabeth is enduring so much that she has nothing but growth in her character coming up...not to mention her character is in her early 20's....and it's when characters begin to MAture she is in her prime!! Keira's Young she'll have plenty of time to do more MATURE ROLES in the Future....but an OPPortunity like this doesn't come around very often!!! She should just row with the Flow!!

LOL...just realized that was a total ramble....oh well!!!

LovelyOne
know what..if it wasnt for PotC 1 she wouldnt have even landed that role in PnP

I hate stuck up people like her...it reminds me of Sarah Michelle gellar beginning to feel she was above Buffy when it was what MADE her..well I dont see her with MANY good roles to her name now..well there is the grudge but people aren't rushing there to see her they wanna be scared by that freaky woman who sounds like she has a hairball lodged in her gob

Mistypirate
She wants to move on for a reason, she probably sees that her character is not evolving. I think AWE is going to end up the same way as COTBP. She probably sees that her character of Liz is not mature enough for her.
Does that means she wants to play characters where hot sex scenes are involve?? confused

PirateDiva
Yes that is why i'm saying POTC made her...

It's like i know she did a couple things B4 POTC but nothing to give her recongition Like POTC did....

It's Like J.LO taking the ROLE of SELENA....if it werent for Selena, J.LO wouldnt have gotten as BIG as she did....so i'm Sure J.LO will forever be Greatful...

Thats KEIRA if it werent for Her POTC ROLE u think she would be were she is right now....I MEAN COME ON b/c of POTC she now has a BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE UNDER HER BELT for CHRIST SAKES!!!! u cant turn ur back on that!!!

Alina
Geez, guys calm down...has no one read what I said?? This will most likely not affect the ending of AWE...Listen, the first part of this"interview" was made sometime this summer and I'm pretty sure that the finished script for AWE was made by then, Keira NEVER said anything about not wanting to play Elizabeth again, on the contrary, she said it was nice that Elizabeth matured a bit....the reporter said "Keira is too polite to say but I THINK"= his interpretation. I doubt Keira would go out the very day she has finished shooting and tell a journalist that she will never do another POTC film. Not only would it bad publicity but it would give her problems with Disney...
I think we can trust Terry on this, it has nothing to do with spoilers,and it's only a few days ago that Keria and Orlando was spotted shopping together in LA, where Johnny also is btw...AND a possible P4 would not be made within the next few years, everyone can change their mind.
Relax and wait and see what happens. this is all RUMOURS and until we hear it from Keria's own lips there is no reason to panic...yes it might be a WE ending, but since TnT wrote the movies so there would be no need for another movie, it could just as well be JE...AND if Disney truly wanted to do another film, they can be pretty persuasive....don't let all this get to you, I used to and it made me seriously depressed and there is no reason for that. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining!

PirateDiva
Oh im not saying that it will affect AWE....i just have an issue with Keira practically saying shes to good for these Movies to continue....well if she did say it....and that is what this discussion is about!!!

calypso
Where did that guy get the first paragraph about her not doing any more PIRATES? It was not a quote from her and about half way through the article he says she is way to nice to say she is glad to be leaving Pirates behind. Where does he get off on writing what he thinks she feels? I don't buy it, NO, NO, NO, and NO some more.

I still think the 4th one will be a prequel and by the way Johnny will not be too old to play a younger pirate. He has a face that does not age and with some of the make-up tricks they use now, he can play someone Keira's biological age and get away with it.

calypso
Oh, sorry for second in a row, but have you seen him in The Libertine?
He really looks early - mid 20's in that one and he was suppose to be in his 30's.

Mistypirate
Ok lets have a closer look and analyze her interview, in the first line, in other words suggests, that she says its fun to TRY to invest (devote) Elizabeth with some rebellious spirit. But what she is doing in atonement is very different. IMO it means that at the long wrong this side of her is going to be gone.
To me it means that she is playing a girl who apparently shows some rebellious approach, but at the end she is going to end up the same way she started. And then she ends up saying, " I mean, she is a grown up women!. Meaning Elizabeth's character is a grown up women.

LovelyOne
but movie 3's ending is supposed to end on a cliffhanger for 4 yet also have closure for the trilogy

from what I gather..the last scene has Elizabeth in it.

Alina
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Oh im not saying that it will affect AWE....i just have an issue with Keira practically saying shes to good for these Movies to continue....well if she did say it....and that is what this discussion is about!!!

My bad..apologies...but why do you get the impression that Keira thinks she is too good for Pirates. She is comparing Elizabeth, who is about 20, to a character who is older and says, which is true, that that character is a grown woman. And no matter how much I like Liz's development in DMC, she is still young and has a lot to learn.Also, Keira did say that she liked the way Elizabeth was developing.
But, let's not get all worked up over it. We don't know what Keira wants and from all the interviews I've seen she seems pretty happy with POTC and Elizabeth. I can understand why she might want a break, I'm sure all of them need a break after filming for 2 years. Even Johnny.

Mistypirate
Elizabeth on her own? see I don't understand how that can be a shocker and a closure. There has to be something else besides she being on her own.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Alina
My bad..apologies...but why do you get the impression that Keira thinks she is too good for Pirates. She is comparing Elizabeth, who is about 20, to a character who is older and says, which is true, that that character is a grown woman. And no matter how much I like Liz's development in DMC, she is still young and has a lot to learn.Also, Keira did say that she liked the way Elizabeth was developing.
But, let's not get all worked up over it. We don't know what Keira wants and from all the interviews I've seen she seems pretty happy with POTC and Elizabeth. I can understand why she might want a break, I'm sure all of them need a break after filming for 2 years. Even Johnny.

Oh sorry about the confusion again....lol....i was speaking hypothetically...that is why i said ".....well if she did say it....." because as far as i know its just rumored or implied that she said this!!!

Alina
oh, now I get it...damn I'm so slow sometimes...

Red Two
hten startto run in the morning

Alina
laughing

LovelyOne
I'm getting a bit suspicious actually.

sorry just a random thought on this whole subject

katelovespirate
yes??? random thought please??

PirateDiva
SUSPICIOUS ABOUT WHAT?

LovelyOne
well I think Disney may be looking about the baords and seeing that peole are working things out..and we know that if Orland and Keira are not returning then its a WE ending..

IMO if there is a twist where its J/E all these rumors could be working to their advantage..if they make you give up on J/E just enough yet keep you hoping to see J/E..the twist would be all the more exciting/unexpected..and memorable..if there is one that is..

Mistypirate
I'm interested as well, do tell dearie.

Mistypirate
humm that is correct... big grin

aniron
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *IMPLODES WITH UTTER JOY* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!

aniron
apparantly it may be the end of johnny depps character to. infact it will be the end of the jack, will, liz arc but it is unlikly the last potc movie. (according to someone who worx with disney).

Mistypirate
Yea I don't see the movie doing well with only Johnny in it. I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one.

LovelyOne
whats this?? movie 3 its the end of JD's arc??

well thats interesting because he leaves the movie looking for immortality apparently...thats not exactly closed...unless it IS resolved some way before the movie closes??eek!.....maybe they really ARE hiding something about the ending of AWE..IMO this trilogy has to end on an all important bang and if they wanna do that? End the very last scene on Jack Sparrow.

Mistypirate
All the actors on Pirates have come and gone from set many times. There have been several hiatus breaks built in, there have been hurricane breaks, there have been holiday breaks, not to mention the spring break to edit and release Dead Man's Chest.

Even during the normal part of each schedule, they try to cluster the actors work so they have a chunk of time to return to Great Britain, or Australia, to visit family, or even do other jobs.

There is no thought given at all to anyone not coming back

what does that mean? sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.