Could Obiwan have really beaten Darth Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Up In Flames
Im just hoping this thread hasnt been done already. Anyway, do you people think Obiwan Kenobi have beaten Darth Maul? I seriously doubt it taking into account that Maul's fighting were far too great for a young Jedi to defeat him

Council#13
Which Obi-Wan is this?

Alliance
Why is this not in the VS forum?

Jedi Priestess
The real question is whats up with the influx of a zillion new threads that are silly. laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by Up In Flames
Im just hoping this thread hasnt been done already. Anyway, do you people think Obiwan Kenobi have beaten Darth Maul? I seriously doubt it taking into account that Maul's fighting were far too great for a young Jedi to defeat him

hey, ever hear of fiction?

queeq
I thought OB1 DID kill Maul... or did I see a film too many???

Alliance
It was just an illusion.

General G
I knew I shouldn't have drinken all that chocolate milk before watching Star Wars!

queeq
laughing out loud

Alliance
droolio chocolate

Jedi Priestess
Alliance I have need of your services. naughty

AstroFan

Ummm, he did beat him.

Alliance
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Alliance I have need of your services. naughty

Yes madame? You can pm me if its a long request smile

Darth Subjekt
they're asking because in the novel it states how much better Maul is than both of them and the only reason OB1 won, is because he used the darkside and got lucky by catching Maul off guard. So even though this is in the wrong area, if OB1 didn't have to survive until ep4, then no he'd lose. 99 times out of 100, Maul would win.

But this should be moved.

Sesse
You guys still dont know it?

Star Wars is a story of a very sick farmboy dreaming. They cut out the original ROTS ending where Luke wakes up and goes to help owen in the fields.

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
they're asking because in the novel it states how much better Maul is than both of them and the only reason OB1 won, is because he used the darkside and got lucky by catching Maul off guard. So even though this is in the wrong area, if OB1 didn't have to survive until ep4, then no he'd lose. 99 times out of 100, Maul would win.

But this should be moved.

Yes. Maul is cooler anyway.

Ironic how if a jedi is BALANCED and uses both sides of the one Force, he is successful.

Darth Subjekt
indeed. and how its always an apprentice that kills the Sith lord...ob1 - Maul, Anakin - Dooku (although a newly knighted Jedi, but not a master), and Vader - Sidious. None of these masters seem to do too much or too well against the Sith.

General G
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
indeed. and how its always an apprentice that kills the Sith lord...ob1 - Maul, Anakin - Dooku (although a newly knighted Jedi, but not a master), and Vader - Sidious. None of these masters seem to do too much or too well against the Sith.

That has always bugged me too, they are supposed to be more powerful than that!

Alliance
Its not about power. Untill either side pulls their heads out of their asses, they wil be equal.

Darth Subjekt
indeed.

Captain SEX
Maul was a b*tch. I'm glad Obi-Wan pwnt him.

Alliance
ermyoda

Darth Subjekt
Maul was hardly pwned.

queeq
Nope, he pwnd Qui-Gon though.

Darth Subjekt
no expression

queeq
Yes he did...

Darth Subjekt
not saying he didnt.

queeq
Hehehehe

Alliance
Mall pwned.

queeq
Mall??? He liked shopping?

Alliance
*hangs head in shame*

Darth Subjekt
dumbass ninja you should know better...now go bob for apples in Queeq's toilet for an hour.

j/k

Alliance
I wont do that, but I feel terrible I insulted Maul.

I'm going to go drink something hard.

Darth Subjekt
ninja

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
I wont do that, but I feel terrible I insulted Maul.

I'm going to go drink something hard.

Rocks?

Alliance
Nothing on the rocks. Just straight from the bottle.

queeq
Rocks from a bottle?

Alliance
NO ROCKS! mad

Darth Subjekt
stones?

Stun
laughing out loud

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance
NO ROCKS! mad

Yeah, aren't stones, rocks and bricks hard??? That is what you wanted to drink, or not?

Hewkii_Dude
He can beat maul, because he did... If he wouldn't have that rage he would not.

queeq
Who knows...

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
Yeah, aren't stones, rocks and bricks hard??? That is what you wanted to drink, or not?

argh....

queeq
Alliance fancies a sip...

Darth Subjekt
remember the Rock Biter from the Neverending Story?...Alliance's big brother...

queeq
Wasn't Alliance the guy with the snail?

Council#13
Originally posted by queeq
Wasn't Alliance the guy with the snail?

Was it a snail? I thought he had a slug with a shell on it.

queeq
A slug, snail... whatever.

Up In Flames
okay... people seem to have their wires crossed here... all im asking is whether you guys agree that obiwan could have beaten darth maul or not.

of course ive seen the movie and of course maul gets killed, but im just trying to establish which one of these two would have really won had this been a more legit fight based on the skills of each character.

kamikz
In the fight in TPM, Maul would have won, clearly. Obi-Wan was lucky, that's all. However a later version like ROTS would beat Maul.

queeq
okay... people seem to have their wires crossed here... all im asking is whether you guys agree that obiwan could have beaten darth maul or not.

of course ive seen the movie and of course maul gets killed, but im just trying to establish which one of these two would have really won had this been a more legit fight based on the skills of each character.

I don't get it... it was pretty legit to me

Ki-adi-mundi
guys obi-wan beat darth maul cause when he was holding on for dear life, when darth maul kicked him down the thing hole, he finally came intouch with the force-its hard to explain but read the phantom meance book with the pics frome the film in

queeq
He beat him, I don't care how.

aldisyoyo
i bet yo mama doesent care how! oooohh

queeq
You're in your mama-phase now, I gather?

aldisyoyo
yup

Lord Coal
Obi-Wan beat Maul cos Obi-Wan had already been in Episode IV as a living person, so he had to survive for continuity. How else could he have beaten Anakin or Greivous, or survive flying around? We all know he's a shit pilot.

Council#13
Obi-Wan was kicked into the hole. He was attacking Maul pretty furiously towards the end. I think he could have beaten Maul.

queeq
He DID beat Maull!!! What a lame debate...

General G
You can read about it on a website, you can watch the movie, or you can read the novel, any way you look at it, Obi-Wan beat Darth Maul fair and square.

queeq
Amen.... I guess that's about it. Closing time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.