Wachowski to make Speed Racer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aizen
Wachowski's Speed Racer Awaits Green Light

The Wachowski brothers' (V For Vendetta, "The Matrix" trilogy) adaptation of Speed Racer, the live-action adaptation of the Japanese cartoon series, is currently awaiting a green light from Warner Bros.

Production Weekly says the production has just setup shop in the Burbank offices that were previously home to Bryan Singer's remake of Logan's Run.

IGN FilmForce was recently informed by a longtime source that Larry and Andy Wachowski, the creative force behind The Matrix trilogy, may write and direct the live-action, feature film version of Speed Racer for Joel Silver Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures.

The long-in-development project is based on the classic Japanese cartoon. None of the parties involved would go on the record when asked about the project.

Actor Vince Vaughn sold his pitch for a Speed Racer movie to Warners in June 2004, if this gossip is true what does it do that script and will he still co-star as the title character's brother Racer X in a possible Wachowski's version? Vaughn's reps at UTA answered "no comment" to that question.

Darth Vicious
Speed Racer never been a favorite cartoon of mine but if this movie is made this way then Ill watch it because it has 2 things i like. The Wachowski brothers and Vince Vaugh which I like 95% of his movies. The guy is freaking hillarious!

Solo
This is pretty old news. I'm a pretty big Speed Racer fan, and it'd be nice if they'd took this seriously.

office jesus
Yeah, but you gotta' throw some things in there for the fans.

office jesus
I hope this doesn't turn into a trilogy..

Aizen
well it looks like a comedy..but you know that Brothers W. just took the idea from GITS and made a great movie...so why to not expect an thrilling or even funny movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.