Is there going to be a Godzilla(1998)sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
please tell me any information you know and for more info on Godzilla see my other theard.

King Kandy
No.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by King Kandy
No.

Ouch..............why?

Spartan005
I so wish they would make a sequel... I freakin loved the 1998 Godzilla movie, and I really don't understand why it got such bad ratings. I could literally watch that movie five times in a row and still be entertained every time...

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Spartan005
I so wish they would make a sequel... I freakin loved the 1998 Godzilla movie, and I really don't understand why it got such bad ratings. I could literally watch that movie five times in a row and still be entertained every time...

YES, THANK YOU. The movie was awesome,and I could literally watch it over and over too. I heard there were to be 2 sequels.

Myth
The best part was in the arena when the babies were reminisant of the Jurassic Park raptors, but worse. So in other words, please don't make another Godzilla. It sucked even when I was in junior high.

Ultraman Baltan
The sequel was canned. 55% of America and 98% of Japan hated it, so they weren't going to waste any more money.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
The sequel was canned. 55% of America and 98% of Japan hated it, so they weren't going to waste any more money.
Where did you find out this?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Where did you find out this?

Many, many places.
They even made a script. Pretty good, actually.

systemshock2
It seemed like Sony was testing the waters recently on a possible Godzilla sequel by featuring him in that Doritos commercial. They probably wanted to see peoples reactions to the Sony Godzilla nearly ten years after the first movie now.

Personally I'm all for a sequel too. I too thought the first movie got a bum rap. It was a fun popcorn movie. My favorite part was when Godzilla was chasing the cab throughout New York city.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Many, many places.
They even made a script. Pretty good, actually.

Yes, I too read the script, it was very good.

shugie99
That would be great...I really enjoyed this one!

Vim
I enjoyed the new Godzilla, and I was huge fan of the old Godzilla, seeing him move like a lizard, and not like some guy in a rubber suit was the most awesome part, and having him fight the army is no biggie, he fights the army, both American and Japanese a BUNCH! Anyway, I would love to see a sequel and see them work in a Godzilla Vs monster! I think it would be great!!

Kayne Archeron
now that there's been a re-vamped Godzilla...

and the recently re-vamped King Kong...

you know what needs to happen

Vim
... Ultraman revamp??

King Kandy
There were to be two sequals. Why were they never made?

Because it bombed. It did okay in the box office. actualy, it did quite well. But in the reviews, it died. In the public eye, it died. In godzilla fans eyes, it died. In Toho's eyes, it died. It became an object of scorn.

No waaayyyyy are they going to spend more money on that thing.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Vim
... Ultraman revamp??

Done in 2004. It was called "Ultraman The Next". Part of the Ultra-N Project. Didn't do all too well, sadly. Still, it got fantastic reviews and was very loved by fans. The only reason it didn't meet the standards of box office was because not all fans were too happy with the dark tone.
It was like a remake of the original series AND Ultraman Nexus.
The villain is now known as the single greatest Ultraman movie villain yet. His name was The One. Ultraman has had numerous films, but people said this was the best.
The One was a mix between numerous monsters and a HUGE homage to the very first Ultraman monster: Bemlar.
Its budget was pretty big, and the cgi is supposed to be fantastic.
I really need to see this movie.

ladygrim
hmm doubtful erm

General G
I sure hope they do, I remember every day I would watch it when I came home, I wouldn't miss a day until I lost it, damn that sucked! I'm all for a sequel.

Spartan005
I seriously don't understand at all why this movie got such bad reviews... it got a frikin 4.4/10 on IMBD. Like WTF? I'm watching the movie right now, almost up to the part where they find the nest and I'm loving every second of it. The effects are great, Mathew Broderick and the rest of the cast are great and quite often funny (Thank you very much laughing ) and the scenes are so epic they're just amazing. I love that part when Godzilla first comes to NYC and Animal records him and gets stepped on but lives. Oh my god... I would definetely rate this movie a 10/10, it makes me so upset that it got such bad reviews... and that stupid Japanese guy who directed (or wrote) the old Godzilla films walked out half way through the screening saying that it didn't have the spirit of Godzilla....???? You mean the corny, stupid, horrible looking spirit of that guy in a rubber suit stepping on fake buildings of Tokyo? Anyway, this movie deserves so much more credit... **** the critics

The Prophecy
I dont understand it either. Why such bad reviews?

The Prophecy
Oh my god... I would definetely rate this movie a 10/10, it makes me so upset that it got such bad reviews... and that stupid Japanese guy who directed (or wrote) the old Godzilla films walked out half way through the screening saying that it didn't have the spirit of Godzilla....???? You mean the corny, stupid, horrible looking spirit of that guy in a rubber suit stepping on fake buildings of Tokyo? Anyway, this movie deserves so much more credit... **** the critics

Where did you here this I really am interested in knowing?

Tonnochi
No more Godzilla movies will come out of Japan, but I donn't know about a 1998 American sequel...seems unlikely.

Myth
Oh my god... I would definetely rate this movie a 10/10

Oh sweet Jesus laughing

Vim
Hey I think if they could have squeezed in Godzilla fighting another monster it would have been better... In a way it was a remake of the American "Gozilla 1984" where he fought the army there too... I don't understand why people down the movie so much, the Godzilla looked 500x better than the "guy in a rubber suit" ... What about Godzilla 2000? Did anyone see that one? I didn't, but I wanted to... I think its where he fought some kind of alien monster...

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Vim
Hey I think if they could have squeezed in Godzilla fighting another monster it would have been better... In a way it was a remake of the American "Gozilla 1984" where he fought the army there too... I don't understand why people down the movie so much, the Godzilla looked 500x better than the "guy in a rubber suit" ... What about Godzilla 2000? Did anyone see that one? I didn't, but I wanted to... I think its where he fought some kind of alien monster...

yeah, your right

Godzilla 2000 was pretty good too here's a few pics

SPOILER WARNING:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/2000.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/G20001.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/battle.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/battle2.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/G20002.jpg

Ultraman Baltan
I seriously don't understand at all why this movie got such bad reviews... it got a frikin 4.4/10 on IMBD. Like WTF? I'm watching the movie right now, almost up to the part where they find the nest and I'm loving every second of it. The effects are great, Mathew Broderick and the rest of the cast are great and quite often funny (Thank you very much laughing ) and the scenes are so epic they're just amazing. I love that part when Godzilla first comes to NYC and Animal records him and gets stepped on but lives. Oh my god... I would definetely rate this movie a 10/10, it makes me so upset that it got such bad reviews... and that stupid Japanese guy who directed (or wrote) the old Godzilla films walked out half way through the screening saying that it didn't have the spirit of Godzilla....???? You mean the corny, stupid, horrible looking spirit of that guy in a rubber suit stepping on fake buildings of Tokyo? Anyway, this movie deserves so much more credit... **** the critics

Wow. You really are messed up.

Vim
I enjoy classic Godzilla, but at the same time I loved the update to him, he just seemed so much slicker, sleeker and snazzier. It looked as though it could make circles around the old Godzilla, and look good doing it! However I did not know the whole history of them making a film about Godzilla fighting the '98 Godzilla, which they name Zilla. That's cool. I would've loved to have seen that!

Wow. You really are messed up.

Okay so because someone likes a movie that happened to get bad reviews, and other people don't like ... They are automatically messed up. I'll have you know that some of the worst critiqued movies of all time, are some of my favorites. I have a stable job, am married, have 4 yr old daughter, and enjoy practicing martial arts.... So am I messed up? Don't down people just because they like movies you don't and they happened to get bad reviews, to me I'll go see a movie just because the "critics" didn't like it! And I usually end up enjoying it. I have a different taste in movies than most people, does that make me messed up. I don't think so...

redcaped
Godzilla alone is a b*tch...like the queen AVP. It needs a backup from King Kong. And some other alien revealing facts explaining all the abnormally. After all they are close neighbors. A good chance for vs lovers.

Vim
Since King Kong and Godzilla have both been "updated" it would be sweet to see the CGI-galore fest of the two battling it out, only to then team up against a new more powerful threat!! Then when they go "celebrate" ... well let's just say at the end we see several Godzilakongs running around! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

redcaped
I'm talking about a remake of King Kong vs Godzilla...not the US Godsilly.

beltranian15
I gotta agree Godzilla *1998* is mi fav movi of all time ive bnw watchn that movi since i was 5 nd it still nvr gets old.... i just recently bought it on dvd aftr havn it on vhs all these years nd hav bn watchn it ovr nd ovr again like crazy...... they deff HAV to make a sequal, bad ratins or gud ratins i mean @ the friggn end they showd that a baby was still alive that means sequal they owe it to all those who want it.... ive bn waitn 4 the sequal evr since i saw the endin 4 the 1st time nd still am.... nd **** the japanese cause their godzilla version suck!!!!!!! i watchd 1 nd stopd cause it was so bad.... i seriously hope that they decide to make a sequal nd soon cause no joke there was no point of godzilla *1998* if they nvr were gonna make the sequal, gud ratings or not

Toku King
Originally posted by The Prophecy
I dont understand it either. Why such bad reviews?

Because it sucked?

Kazenji
Yep thats one conclusion for the reviews almost everyone did'nt like it.

Scythe
Heh, Final Wars sealed American Godzilla's fate. Jerkass died in that by the real Godzilla's hands, er... Atomic breath. That movie is so great!

mr.smiley
Final Wars is a master piece.

The one with Inspector Gadget sucked.

ThunderGodEneru
1998 Godzilla movies was better than all the shitty Japanese ones.

Tommy Jarvis
100% agreed. I enjoyed the Japanese ones, but the only one that was really acceptable are Godzilla 2000 and Final Wars. Other than that, I don't think there are a lot of good ones out of the 28 that got made.

Leonard Shelby
The original 1954 Gojira is good. The 1956 American version, Godzilla King of the Monsters isnt bad either. Also, Ghidrah the three headed monster, Vs. Monster Zero, and Destroy all Monsters are alot of fun as well.

I enjoy the Toho Godzilla films personally, Tristar's Godzilla didnt do a whole lot for me despite enjoying all the hype surrounding the film itself. Simply put, it just wasnt what a Godzilla film should be. It was more akin to "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" than Godzilla.

Really ... if Godzilla 1998 was retitled "Beast from 20,000 fathoms" back when it was released, I think reviews for it would be alot kinder. It's a decent giant monster film ... it's just not Godzilla.

ಠ_ಠ
i know this is like.... 3 - 4 years late but out of the ending of godzilla they WERE going to make a sequel, but due to the horrendous induction and reception this movie got from japan, critics and some of the media rolands scrubbed it. instead off the ending they spawned a cartoon series as the "sequel".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.