Resident Evil, i need your guys' opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kumar
So i just started playing Resident Evil 4 and pretty much fell in love with it. So, naturally, i wanted to play some of the other RE games and see how they compare.

which RE game, besides 4, is the best and i should go out and buy?

BackFire
You have a gamecube? If so go buy the remake of the original RE right now.

Kumar
i don't have a game cube. I only have a PS2.

BackFire
oh

Well, in that case, buy a gamecube and play the RE remake.

General Kaliero
Pity. REmake is SUCH an awesome game.

Well, good luck tracking down the oldies, then. If you happen to have a DS, I'd suggest The Resident Evil remake for that. Other than that... how old are the original releases?

I'd note, though, that the rest of the series has a markedly different feel from RE4.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Kumar
i don't have a game cube. I only have a PS2.

Then you are screwed as far as RE, except for 4. lol

Kumar
well damn...

Do any of you know how RE: Outbreak is? and how about Code Veronica? those are the ones that i saw at the game store. And did Resident Evil Zero come out for PS2?

AstroFan
Outbreak games suck. CV is a true RE game, but its not the best.

RE0 only came out on gamecube too.

Kumar
crap... guess i'm up the creek without a gamecube then...

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Pity. REmake is SUCH an awesome game.

Well, good luck tracking down the oldies, then. If you happen to have a DS, I'd suggest The Resident Evil remake for that. Other than that... how old are the original releases?

I'd note, though, that the rest of the series has a markedly different feel from RE4.

I have the oldies big grin

Vim
crap... guess i'm up the creek without a gamecube then...

Yeah too bad huh? I'm pretty sure you could go to your local GameStop or EB Games store and pick one up for $60-70. And RE reamkes are usually around $20. I thought all the Resident Evils were on Gamecube but I may be mistaken. As far as getting the originals like for PS 1 ... good luck with that!

General Kaliero
Actually, if you're smart enough to get the Cube for your RE, I suggest the Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Compilation. Zero, REmake, and 4 all for $40. Only at Gamestop, tho.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea, the Remake of RE1 is an amazing game. Absolutely amazing.

Lord Coal
I take it you're not in the UK then. Over here we've got pretty much all of them on PS1 or PS2.

dirkdirden
To tell you the truth if you played RE4 first you might not like the other games. They are a very different style of game. but who know you still might like them

CV is on dreamcast if you have one of them

RE 1,2,3 are on PS1 if you have one of them

Remakes are on Gamecube if you have one of them

any of the others I haven't played and for good reason it seems.

Kumar
Wow, the compilation sounds amazing. I might consider getting a Cube for that. Not to mention i could also play Twilight Princess too.

thanks guys, this has been some solid advice.

Lana
Gamecubes are damn cheap right now, and are only going to get cheaper, with the Wii coming out in less than a week.

Impediment
Gamecubes are only gonna get cheaper, IMO, seeing as how the Wii is just around the corner. I urge you to buy all of the Resident Evil games available for the GC, even Code: Veronica X.

AstroFan
Only thing about 2/3/CVX, they are so over priced on the cube.

Gregory
Nonono. Honestly, people. RE4 is so different from the other games, it would be ludacrous to get a new game system on the basis that "He liked it, he'll like the other RE games"; it's simply not so. What you want to do, is find RE: Code Veronica X for the PS2. This will set you back maybe five dollars. And then, if you decide you like that style of game, you can think about a GameCube.

§P0oONY
RE2 is the greatest after 4, then the first. Don't bother with 3, it's pretty shoddy.

Mattomic
Resident Evil 3 is superb!!!!

blind faith
So i just started playing Resident Evil 4 and pretty much fell in love with it. So, naturally, i wanted to play some of the other RE games and see how they compare.

which RE game, besides 4, is the best and i should go out and buy? Dude get a GC and buy the remake, it was that game that got me into the series 4 years ago.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Mattomic
Resident Evil 3 is superb!!!!

Not in comparrison to all the others.

Kid Kurdy
The best are RE 2 and Code Veronica.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.