Norrington Appreciation Thread (good for swooning too)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Did we have one of these at one point? Well I didn't see one and I reckon there should be one.

He's scruffy, he's lovable, and he's brilliant. smile

time for someone to post some hot pics of him.

LovelyOne
YAY i like norrie..I dont want him t di I hope that rumor is not true..he deserves the girl after Jack..laughing out loud

katelovespirate
totally! smile i think he would do well with annamaria, or the whores. he could bring polygamy back to port royal.

its amazing how good he looks stone drunk laughing out loud

a-k-a-amber
yeah lovely AFTER jack laughing out loud

LovelyOne
I love how he's just like voming over the side in that scene with Jack and Liz chatting about the compass..its like a close moment intruded by BLEEUURRGGHH!

katelovespirate
Well, Jack WAS always rooting for Norrington. I reckon the two of them could actually be good friends if given the chance. smile

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I love how he's just like voming over the side in that scene with Jack and Liz chatting about the compass..its like a close moment intruded by BLEEUURRGGHH!

I KNOW IT>>>>>>>>>>>>> laughing out loud that scene would be too steamy without the hilarious interruptions!!

"OH PLEASE... captain of the flying dutchman?!"

he's SOOOO funny.

its also the first time he and keira get to have a bit of a cuddle. she's basically supporting him to the dock. smile

Gravitation
WHERE'S THE OLD NORRIE THREAD!!! *starts panicking*

CaptinJackLover
that thread was soo fun! everybody fighting over him..us having our littlew daY DREAMS...

Gravitation
I'M GOING BACK TO IT!!

ivebeendepped43
im luving this thread!

willofthewisp
We ended up making him marry Jack's half-sister in our stories. I think we have Jack say he was glad he always rooted for him, so now they're brothers. I smell sitcom!

Surreal_44
Norrington is of course, the bestest character ever! His eyes....and his voice...*swoonie*

He is soooooooooooo.....perfect! Elizabeth sure gave up a great guy. I'm tired, so that's the best I can do about it right now. big grin

willofthewisp
His voice is pretty hot. So noticable. I probably would have said yes to him. A pirate chaser can't have that boring a life.

ivebeendepped43
omg I LUV HIS VOICE! second best to Johnny, of course! both of them r so deep and absolutly soothing!

Surreal_44
Hey Willo, I did explain why I love James and Liz in that other thread. Um...one of the compass ones, I think. big grin

And I like James' voice better than Jack's. big grin James just has this quality to it that is so rich...he could read me the dictionary and I'd get all hot.

willofthewisp
ok, I'll read that next. I want to hear Norrie sing. You should get in touch with sailorleo, too. She adores Norrie.

willofthewisp
what was the name of that thread, do you remember?

Surreal_44
Explaining the compass? I just posted in it.

And yes!! I wonder if James has a good singing voice. *fans self*

LovelyOne
la laa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

evilm0nki3
I appreciate James Norrington.

His vomiting was awesome.

big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
I appreciate James Norrington.

His vomiting was awesome.

big grin

lol.... ya i thought that was pretty cool too...lol....that was just an all together great scene!!! Happy Dance

a-k-a-amber
"by your leave Mr.Turner"

lol i love the fighting scene although he was a badie when he stole the heart

PirateDiva
OOOOhhh....i know but that Just straight up made him sexy....love bad boys...lol!!!

willofthewisp
Broadened his character a whole lot. Who would have thought he had it in him? He's so cool.

sailorleo
oy! why wasn't i informed of this thread sooner! *cries* no one loves me anymore!

PirateDiva
Guess i figured since it said NORRINGTON on the title that u'd be all over it!!!! Sorry....from now on i shall do my part to inform u about everything JACK D./NORRIE related!!! LOL!!

sailorleo
well i've been in and out.....gah

T.Maria
you know since the diaries started i feel like i know jack ALOT more than before lol big grin

Ah...i didnt like norrie in potc1....but then they gave him CHARACTER! ...and i was hooked!! big grin

its funny how well a character can come to life when they're put on the wrong side of the law big grin

lovin this thread!!!!!!!big grin

willofthewisp
Makes us all wonder how we would act in his position. Would we have stolen the heart? Keep in mind the only person he's betraying that's even close to his friend is Liz. He didn't like the others before it all happened. I think it would be very tempting to make the choice he made.

PirateDiva
Well ya but im just sad because his choosing to go back to ICE CREAM MAN!!! in POTC3 he wont be HOT NORRINGTON anymore!! makes me sad...i loved his look in DMC!!

a-k-a-amber
lolvinilla ice cream where is that i know ive seen him say that.....aint it like on an interview? hes saying johnny ges to look cool or something?

PirateDiva
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
lolvinilla ice cream where is that i know ive seen him say that.....aint it like on an interview? hes saying johnny ges to look cool or something?

COTBP DVD extras!! when they are talking about costumes!!!

evilm0nki3
hehe i like his accent. he says cool really cool...

big grin

sailorleo
Originally posted by T.Maria
you know since the diaries started i feel like i know jack ALOT more than before lol big grin

Ah...i didnt like norrie in potc1....but then they gave him CHARACTER! ...and i was hooked!! big grin

its funny how well a character can come to life when they're put on the wrong side of the law big grin

lovin this thread!!!!!!!big grin i love my jack davenport *huggles*

sparrobethroxmy
lol i love noringtons pirate side of him he kinda is sexy but not as sexy as jack of course and never will be

ivebeendepped43
hi! i havent seen u on b4

PirateDiva
Norrie Norrie Norrie....please dont go all ICE CREAM on us again.....stay diirty....ur hot like that....lol

BUT I LOVE JOHNNY!!!

Surreal_44
I loved Norrington in the first movie, and I don't think people give his character enough credit. We see a very similar journey to Will's in Norrington, only his is a bit more understated because he didn't have enough screen time *pout*.

Jack D. said in the commentary that he did "a lot of eyebrow acting" in that film, and it's true...but he did it incredibly well. I was so pleased that Norrington had more screen time in the second film.

And I love his scruffy look, but I love him all spic and span too, in a clean uniform...*happy sigh* Even with the wig on, I still love him. For me, it isn't just about how a character looks but what the character is like.

And (I know, another "and" big grin ), I loved that in the end, HE ended up with the heart. I don't think that his betrayal though is as deep as people believe it to be.

I have a feeling that he believed that the others would be left alone when he ran off with the heart and the chest. His plans changed though when he fell and was left defenseless in the jungle. The only option he had was to give them the chest....

Otherwise, his plan may have bought everyone else enough time to get away. It was a slim chance, but better than what they had been facing before he ran off.

Two other things; I know that it was in the German novelization, but not in the film itself, that at the end, Norrington attempts to stab the heart in Beckett's office. Yay for James!

The one other thing I wanted to mention that was also cut from the film was that when James finds out that Elizabeth (and more than likely, the others) are "dead", he is absolutely crushed. The picture of him is very nice to look at. He looks heartbroken. sad

...perhaps we can all try to make him feel better? wink

T.Maria
norrie norrie norrie...the onyl reason people probably didnt like him all that much in 1 was because he stands in the way of liz and will....

significantly enough;

the reason i hate will in 2 is because hes in the way of jack and liz...

funny old world, isnt it smile

In 1, did norrie 'realise' liz had feelings for will like he realised she had feelings for jack?

katelovespirate
Will should take a hint from Norrie and learn from his wisdom in allowing Liz to follow her heart. wink Will would look better as a scruffy drunk anyways.

PirateDiva
LOL....ya with Giselle and Scarlett...lol!!

ivebeendepped43
ugh! *SHIVERS* stupid wenches! slapping my Jackiepoo......

Surreal_44
Jack probably deserved to get slapped. I'd probably give him a good whap myself, if I ever met him.

People didn't like Norrington because he tried to hang Jack and was mean to Will. Everyone knew who Elizabeth would end up with. big grin

ivebeendepped43
^^bulls pizzle. Jack never deserves to be slapped!

Mistypirate
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
^^bulls pizzle. Jack never deserves to be slapped!

Agree. The only one that deserves to get slapp is Liz.

ivebeendepped43
THANK YOU!

Mistypirate
big grin

Surreal_44
I think Jack deserves every slap he's ever gotten. But eh, you all are in love with him and I'm not. stick out tongue So you wouldn't think he needs slapped. big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Agree. The only one that deserves to get slapp is Liz.

Ya with some common sense!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.