I'm confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
I found this on a Dead Man's Chest Script:

Tia Dalma: It's a shame. I know you're t'inking that wid the Pearl, you coulda captured the devil and set free your fadder's soul.

Will Turner: Doesn't matter now. The Pearl's gone. Along with its captain.

Gibbs: Aye. And already the world seems a bit less bright. He fooled us all right to the end. But I guess that honest streak finally won out. To Jack Sparrow!

Ragetti: Never another like Captain Jack.

Pintel: He was a gentleman of fortune, he was.

Elizabeth Swann: He was a good man.

right beside the line "Elizabeth takes a mug but doesn't drink"
It says
Some viewers have noted that Elizabeth never drinks anything while at Tia's shack, which leads to the speculation that Elizabeth may be pregnant. However, in the 1700s the effects of alcohol on fetuses were probably unknown.

I saw Elizabeth drink some rum in her Tia's Shack in a clip
The Script is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Film transcription.
Do you think it's true?

Mistypirate
No Elizabeth never drank the rum, that is interesting do you have a link?

CaptinJackLover
hmmmm ....thats really interesting! but if they didnt know that alcohol effected the baby then i dont thik she would NOT drink...but i dont think her and Will have even slept toge5ther....UNLESS its Jack's baby....but i dont think Liz is THAT much of a **** to SLEEP with another man when she is engaged....sure she kissed Jack but sleeping with him is a different story...

Mistypirate
Maybe it was foreshadowing something??? It doesn't necessarily means that it happened. Maybe is foreshadowing something in the future. confused

CaptinJackLover
possibley...but wat exacxtly could it be foreshadowing...?

Surreal_44
Er, no. I don't think Elizabeth slept with Jack. This is a Disney movie, and while there are some steamy moments in them, they would not, I think, risk their family-friendly reputation by having an egaged woman go off and have sex before she's married....

Besides, if she WAS pregnant in that scene, the baby would be Will's not Jack's. big grin

mss_mira
that someone is going to have a baby??? maybe?

Turbo-charged
true

mss_mira
good point cuz even if they did sleep together it would have given us some indication,which it did not, sad

Mistypirate
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
possibley...but wat exacxtly could it be foreshadowing...?

The effects of alcohol on fetuses could of have been known in the 17th century. You know that nowadays mothers to be are instructed no to drink alcohol or smoke during the pregnancy. And you know that the POTC movie likes to foreshadow things, hence the Monkey being alive at the end of COTBP it foreshadowed Barbosa coming back. What I'm saying that this thing about Liz not drinking rum at the end of DMC can foreshadow her being pregnant in the future IMO.

CaptinJackLover
o maybe...but do u really htink they would have a baby in the films..its a pirate adventure not a babysitting adventure...

Mistypirate
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
o maybe...but do u really htink they would have a baby in the films..its a pirate adventure not a babysitting adventure...

Yes and No, if they do decide to put the baby they should leave it for the end. But I wouldn't like to see a kid during the movie, it would ruin it IMO.

CaptinJackLover
i think the baby would kinda make a cheesey ending IMO...if they are going to show she will have a baby or is pregnant then they have to make it more subtle so its less cheesey...but preferavly i wouldnt wnat a baby in the film

Mistypirate
Well I wouldn't like to see her carrying a baby at the end, yea that would be a cheesy ending. But I would like to see a hint at the end that would imply that she might be pregnant.

CaptinJackLover
yeah but i dont wnat it to be TOO obvious....just obvious enoguh so that we sorta kinda know...ya know?....

Mistypirate
Exactly not to obvious I wouldn't like that either.

CaptinJackLover
id prefer they didnt do it at all; but it would still be nice to know there are gonna be baby captain sparrows big grin

Mistypirate
Yeap as long as its from Capt Sparrow its ok to me.

CaptinJackLover
WELL DUH! if it was fgrom will then i would become suicidal!

Mistypirate
LMAO NOO we wouldn't want that.

CaptinJackLover
LOL l dont think we have to worry about it anyway...Will standa no chance,...i feel bad for thew poor boy...

mss_mira
sorry to ruin all the fun,but i was under the impression that liz might die in the end... not much room for a baby is there? sad

Mistypirate
No we don't have to worry he's a eunuch big grin

CaptinJackLover
she might day having birth! dun dun dun! *dramatic music* lol jkjkjk that would be lame, quite sad, and highly unlikely...

but no i dont think she will die! she is main character!

Mistypirate
Originally posted by mss_mira
sorry to ruin all the fun,but i was under the impression that liz might die in the end... not much room for a baby is there? sad

yea you are right, hey maybe is Jack that gets pregnant, who knows confused. That would be a shocker.

CaptinJackLover
hahahah that would scar me for life i wouldnt be ablke to live with JACK being preganat

mss_mira
lol that would be funny to try and explain... and even though lizzie is a main character doesnt mean they wouldnt kill her off... what about that whole calypso/sacrifice thingy?

Mistypirate
Originally posted by mss_mira
lol that would be funny to try and explain... and even though lizzie is a main character doesnt mean they wouldnt kill her off... what about that whole calypso/sacrifice thingy?

IMO I think its going to be Calypso that would cast herself in to the sea, Liz might be a pea brain and try to do it but I think Jack might save her. It is said that the one that would cast herself in to the sea knows the story of the FD. Therefore the one that knows the story of the FD is Tia so IMO is going to be her.

mss_mira
good point, lets just hope liz doesnt take it upon herself to learn the story lol

Mistypirate
No I don't think Liz will learn the story of the FD. So I'll be damn if its her.

mss_mira
lol you give me hope... ok want to her something funny? my best friend thinks it gonna be a liz/will ending... so we have a bet going.. just a friendly little one and she lives pretty far away, so if i win then she has to send me $10... im gonna win i think lol

Mistypirate
LOL laughing
well IMO I think that the both of you will be happy with the ending. Terry Rossio the writer in other words said that both ships will walk out of the movie theater happy. So who knows. What if she doesn't end up with anyone? I don't know how are they planning to do that. I rather see Liz go solo.

mss_mira
yeh rather see her sailing off on her own, then w/ will at least...

Mistypirate
Although I really want J/L to have a happy ending, I don't think we are going to have it. And I really doubt that she is going to end up with Will.

katelovespirate
well, i think its impossible to have a completely happy ending anymore. If she ends up with Will, there will be this feeling of a lack of trust there, as well as the disappointment over what could have been with Jack. If she chooses Jack, that leaves a heartbroken Will, not to mention the not always pleasant shock of social norms being challenged. if she ends by herself, everyone will feel cheated since its been a steady build up to her finding love. So any way you slice it, there's going to be some disappointment and confusion.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Although I really want J/L to have a happy ending, I don't think we are going to have it. And I really doubt that she is going to end up with Will.

Ya i guess we cant completely rule out the fact that no one gets the girl....i mean they have created ELIZABETH strong enough for her to stand alone....and if the leaked script was correct she became captain of the EMPRESS, Sao Fengs' ship!!!

So maybe they might just leave it as Will dies for stabbing the heart, JAck goes on being Jack and CAPTAIN of the PEARL and LIZ goes on being the CAptain of the Empress.....but leaving it open as JACK and LIZ are still alive so anything can happen and leave the romance (hook up) for POTC 4 when they meet again!!!

a-k-a-amber
yes i read that she captains the empress and thats what is sarting to make an impression on me she leaves with her own ship lol it could be along the lines of jacks ending in the third one you know falling off a cliff only to find the empress waiting on her? lol

Mistypirate
I would be and not be happy if she chooses to go on her own, like Piratediva said she is a very strong minded woman, she would be able to handle her self on her own. And she has proven to do so.

a-k-a-amber
exactly but i still want her to go with jack as well aint fair i think T&T have entered a dead end zone...

Mistypirate
I mean it would be great if she chooses Jack, but I don't think we are going to have that happy ending. But I doubt TnT and Co. would do it.

PirateDiva
Ya maybe that will be the cliffhanger that they've also mentioned it will have!!!

I just think that they think maybe getting Jack and Liz 2gether right after Will dies is very unsympathetic<---is that a word? lol!!!

a-k-a-amber
i agree kinda cold doncha think?

PirateDiva
Ya...but whatever thats just mear speculation at this point....i guess we just wont know til May 07.....which is still, what feels like, a LIFETIME away!!! LOL!!

Mistypirate
That's the right word to use Piratediva, I would love fro J/L to be together, but I wouldn't like it to be that way.Don't matter how much I don't like Will, I wouldn't like this to happen. That would be hearth less.

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ya...but whatever thats just mear speculation at this point....i guess we just wont know til May 07.....which is still, what feels like, a LIFETIME away!!! LOL!! ive noticed time is actualy moving faster i rmember it like it was january thinking 2 will never get here and now im nuts about three so i tell myself it will be here before you know it!

Mistypirate
I cant imagine whats going to happen when there's a couple of weeks left till the movie comes out. Everyone is going to be flipping over, more speculations and rumours will start to come out. OMG complete Kaos eek! .

PirateDiva
OMG I Totally agree....its gonna get crazy, fights will break, tensions will run high, peoples nerves will be shattered....OMG i'm soooo looking forward to it...lol!!!

a-k-a-amber
lol i was in Disney World when the second came out i remember getting up that morning and like having a freaking heart attack i woke up before everyone and called and got tickets too the noon show i was soo blown away it was all its finally here!!!! my brother thought i was crazy
it was funny cause at the end where barbosa comes back like everyone in the theater gasped at the same time and then im serious too nobody even moved when the credits started rolling we were alll way too shocked

i also dont recomend going to see it opening day in disney world

a-k-a-amber
OMG I Totally agree....its gonna get crazy, fights will break, tensions will run high, peoples nerves will be shattered....OMG i'm soooo looking forward to it...lol!!! the thing i hate most is my friend got tickets to the midnight showing and called me and was all its AMAZING and she wouldn't tell me what happened it was cruel for DMC

Mistypirate
Yea I'm looking forward for it as well. This is going to be total Armageddon eek!

PirateDiva
LOL...I was in Disney World when COTBP came out....im sure it wasnt as crazy as DMC but it was kinda hectic....lol....it was sold out left and right...lol!! but i still saw it there!!

a-k-a-amber
i'll be honest and say i hated it when it came out and didn't even watch it till like last november and even then i was forced to watch it by my Boyfriend (god bless the guy) and now i LOVE IT!!!!

Mistypirate
LOL you must love your BF even more..

PirateDiva
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
the thing i hate most is my friend got tickets to the midnight showing and called me and was all its AMAZING and she wouldn't tell me what happened it was cruel for DMC

Ya i saw it at MIDNIGHT....it was soooo cool watchimg it with an audience that was watching it for the first time....and what i loved most was that the crowd in the movie theater i was in, they were really into it so everyone was like screaming at the screen and laughing it was a really fun experience....i had forgotten how fun it was to watch a movie...lol!!

the Movie theater i was at, they had seven rooms playing DMC at MIDNIGHT and they were all sold out!!! CRAZY!!!

a-k-a-amber
yeppers he's awsome!
bye guys lunch is calling...

a-k-a-amber
Ya i saw it at MIDNIGHT....it was soooo cool watchimg it with an audience that was watching it for the first time....and what i loved most was that the crowd in the movie theater i was in, they were really into it so everyone was like screaming at the screen and laughing it was a really fun experience....i had forgotten how fun it was to watch a movie...lol!!

the Movie theater i was at, they had seven rooms playing DMC at MIDNIGHT and they were all sold out!!! CRAZY!!! im trying to get tickets for AWE and come April i'll be on the lookut!

PirateDiva
Oh yup me too!!!!

Mistypirate
The first time I watch it, it was like 4 days after the movie came out.
It was really fun as well, but the theater was packed. I went to the movie theater in Universal Studios FL, they were showing the movie in 10 rooms, the theater has 21. Everyone was having a good time, although you couldn't even breath because of all the people in there. The last part (the kiss) was a shocker I dint read spoilers for DMC so I went to see it without knowing anything. I remember seeing that part I was like OMG, everybody else was screaming, I remember a guy screaming YEA! when the kiss happened.

LovelyOne
Tia Dalma: It's a shame. I know you're t'inking that wid the Pearl, you coulda captured the devil and set free your fadder's soul.

I actually find that line far more interesting^^^ she didnt actually say that in the movie did she? I mean about capturing the "devil"..Isnt Davy Jones also considered to be the devil...is she saying Will sees Jack as Davy Jones?

and Elizabeth is STILL a virgin..IMO

Mistypirate
Whats your opinion on this post, Like you said I think its really interesting.

LovelyOne
I actually see the not drinking from the rum as her refusing to drink as a way to move on over the death of Jack...the rum SMELLS like Jack hence the fact she smells it and cant bring herself to drink it..Its all too much IMO

tia mentions its a way to ease the pain

Then Will tries to toast to Jack to move on and she wont drink..

everyone else does though

could this be a symbol an ever lasting loyalty to him? and how everyone else may turn their backs on him in an instant but even if she appears to she will always remian loyal??

Or am I just looking too deep

Tell you what I'll go deeper.

Tia's calypso right?? People may know how I compare PotC to the Odyssey quite a bit..Jack is very similar to him IMO anyway

Well in the Odyssey there was also a witch called Circe..she invites everyone into her hut whilst Odysseus (Jack) is absent from the scene..The drinks make Odysseus's men forget about Odysseus..but one person refuses to drink. That persons loyalty is constant in Odysseus and that person runs back to him no matter what whilst everyone else drinks and forgets.

not sying Tia drugs the drinks. I'm just saying this mught symbolise Elizabeth's loyalty to Jack.

ToddianGirl
That's the same thing I got from the scene too Lovelyone. That's the real reason why she didn't bring her self to drink it reminded her too much of Jack. It smelled like him, his spirit was all around her.Editing to say: I kinda agree with you lovely. I don't think that everyone has turned their back on Jack. I think the two most loyal people to Jack are Elizabeth and Mr. Gibbs.

PirateDiva
ToddianGirl i love ur siggy, very deep...captures the emotion of that very moment!!!

And yes i agree she didnt drink because there was nothing for her to toast to....shes incomplete...and u just dont toast if ur not happy!!!

Mistypirate
Yes thats what I personally and everyone else got from this scene. But now my mind is having thoughts about why was that line about the alcohol and pregnancy was put in there. I wish she could of have posted the link of where she got that.

PirateDiva
Alcohol and pregnancy? what? explain please!!!

LovelyOne
Yes thats what I personally and everyone else got from this scene. But now my mind is having thoughts about why was that line about the alcohol and pregnancy was put in there. I wish she could of have posted the link of where she got that.

just a question...who actually put the line there? Terry or someone who just put it there as an opinion

why would Terry even put that there?? laughing out loud

LovelyOne
I dont think she's pregnant ..because we are basically told in DMC that she is saving it for after her wedding..its probably one of the main reasons shes so sexually attracted to Jack in DMC..

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
just a question...who actually put the line there? Terry or someone who just put it there as an opinion

why would Terry even put that there?? laughing out loud

I really would like to know who put that line in there,I want to know where it came from.
This was posted by Pirate_1987, I just want to know if this is fake, if she put it in there. That line sounds funny.

PirateDiva
I really would like to know who put that line in there,I want to know where it came from.
This was posted by Pirate_1987, I just want to know if this is fake, if she put it in there. That line sounds funny.

Its fake cause she drank rum when Jack offered it to her on the Pearl...

or maybe she just drinks it when Jack offeres it to her....kind of like its their thing u know!!

pirate_1987
I am new. When I try to post the webside I got it from but it won't work.

pirate_1987
I got it off of a web site it's called SimplyScripts and you just look Dead Man's Chest

LovelyOne
I dont think the writers would put that kind of thing on their script??

Its obviously just someones speculation IMO..Because she drinks the rum Jack gives her earlier in the story...

Also, welcome smile

katelovespirate
ooooo I'd never heard that thought about maybe Elizabeth is pregnant...

that would be interesting. Liz being knocked up. wink

but yeah, they probably didn't know about alcohol being bad for fetuses then. wink

katelovespirate
im sorry, i'm just intrigued by that thought. though it in no way fits with anything that happened in DMC, it would explain why she marries will if she does.

PirateDiva
no i hate that idea....if she does get pregnant then she needs to be impregnated by JACK!!@!!

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by pirate_1987
I found this on a Dead Man's Chest Script:

Will Turner: Doesn't matter now. The Pearl's gone. Along with its captain.

Gibbs: Aye. And already the world seems a bit less bright. He fooled us all right to the end. But I guess that honest streak finally won out. To Jack Sparrow!

Ragetti: Never another like Captain Jack.

Pintel: He was a gentleman of fortune, he was.

Elizabeth Swann: He was a good man.

right beside the line "Elizabeth takes a mug but doesn't drink"
It says
Some viewers have noted that Elizabeth never drinks anything while at Tia's shack, which leads to the speculation that Elizabeth may be pregnant. However, in the 1700s the effects of alcohol on fetuses were probably unknown.

I saw Elizabeth drink some rum in her Tia's Shack in a clip
The Script is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Film transcription.
Do you think it's true?

WHAT OTHER TIME IS LIZZIE OFFERED A DRINK IN TIA'S SHACK?

katelovespirate
no i hate that idea....if she does get pregnant then she needs to be impregnated by JACK!!@!!

giggle. no, it is impossible i think... thinking back through DMC, there isnt any time when she could have slept with either of them... right?

but it would make sense after a fashion. if it WAS Jack's child, that would explain why she was willing to do anything to get him back. lol.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by katelovespirate
giggle. no, it is impossible i think... thinking back through DMC, there isnt any time when she could have slept with either of them... right?

but it would make sense after a fashion. if it WAS Jack's child, that would explain why she was willing to do anything to get him back. lol.

well she was with JACK for most of the movie....and ya the night she meet up with him in tortuga....long shot i know....but ya that was a night she could have gotten impregnated....but i need to stop cause i know it didnt happen!!! lol

katelovespirate
LOL... we are so nuts.... its cracking me up smile

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I dont think the writers would put that kind of thing on their script??

Its obviously just someones speculation IMO..Because she drinks the rum Jack gives her earlier in the story...

Also, welcome smile

maybe she drank some more and got a little tipsy.... roll eyes (sarcastic) blushing drunk inlove you never know!!

In Captain's Quarters:

Jack and Liz making love in Jack's bed. NOTE: condoms weren't invented then!! smile

GIBBS: Captain we've headed.. off... course... uuhh...sorry for uh..disturbing you *coughs* Captain.

Jack and Liz look disturbed and get back to conceiving a baby.

Next day on deck:

LIZ: Jack, I don't feel so good. Last night you got a little crazy.

JACK: .... *looks at Liz like she has 5 heads.

LIZ: Remeber? *puts up two index finger, puts them together and slides them all over each other*

JACK: OOOOHHH yea. Sorry about that. *blushing* Scarlet and Giselle never wanted me to make them pregnant. I couldn't make love to them anyway--they weren't FERGALICIOUS! (sorry had to put that)

LIZ: Well, I think I'm pregnant Jack, and I don't want to go into labor here on deck.

JACK: Uhhh...why?

LIZ: I don't want Gibbs & co. to be looking up my vagina!!

Sorry--just felt like writing--please comment! (my first scene)

mss_mira
lol interesting... not much of a disney movie any more lol

*jcd*gmc*
smile yea..more like a.... well.. rated R movie anyway

*jcd*gmc*
just thought i'd make it a little interesting..

mss_mira
oh... dont worry it was... that would be nice if that happened though... im sure it wont, man i wish i had like a family member on the inside you know, like a rich uncle that was part of the production team lol

PirateDiva
lol

mss_mira
lol think about it, we could know everything...... *day dreams* clapping drool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.