Spiderman vs Lex Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Spidey vs Lex Luthor.....2 weeks to prepare. who wins?

Entity
Spidey is smarter but Luther is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy richer. Damn you for making me say this but Luther takes it.
Someone please prove me wrong, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAYERRUN
well I'll certainly try lol. Look at the Kingpin. HE"S rich too. But His money doesn't matter because spiderman can beat him. The only thing about lex is that he's used to going up against Superman, but I think spidey would pull a few surprise wins.

Entity
As much as I want to agree with you I think Luther is on another level compared to Fisk.

Soljer

You're comparing Spidey's intelligence to LUTHOR'S?!?!

Jesus christ. I've always argued that this forum WASN'T Marvel biased. Someone please prove me right! Please!

Tron
Originally posted by Entity
Spidey is smarter

Who lied to you?

Entity
Spidey is constantly coming up with incredible tricks with almost no prep and absolutely no money to back him. Luther is rich beyond belief and still cant get his shit together. A computer once even calculated that Clark Kent was Superman and he just dismissed it. Its bad enough that he can't see through a pair of glasses but, to have it blatantly pointed out to you and still not see it..........YEA REALLLLLLLLL SMART!

He even had the presidency and couldn't even beat him with that and, i should mention that Peter's intellect is considered to rival both Reed and Stark's if he had only had their resources and not the hassle of being Spiderman.

PRAYERRUN
Ok well, I know that Spidey's gone up against dr. doom and survived. And according to somebody that I can't remember the name of, Dr. Doom is what Lex Luthor wants too be when he grows up. Therefore, I say Spidey wins this one.stick out tongue

Entity
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Ok well, I know that Spidey's gone up against dr. doom and survived. And according to somebody that I can't remember the name of, Dr. Doom is what Lex Luthor wants too be when he grows up. Therefore, I say Spidey wins this one.stick out tongue

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
furious

PRAYERRUN
No thanks..stick out tongue lol

Entity
I ment you burned them!

lando005
Ok well, I know that Spidey's gone up against dr. doom and survived. And according to somebody that I can't remember the name of, Dr. Doom is what Lex Luthor wants too be when he grows up. Therefore, I say Spidey wins this one.stick out tongue that was all me thank you thank you please no autographs cool

Avalonofthewind
Who gets the prep? Peter or Lex?
If it's both or just Lex...then Lex wins by a landslide.

Superboy Prime
Spidey may go up against Dr. Doom but that doesn't mean the outcome of the fights are good for him. I remember a comic where they fought and Doom literally whooped his ass left and right. Doom was searching for an old thief to kill him for stealing a diamond or something, I don't remember that well. Anyways Luthor should have no problems with the bug. If Spidey pisses him off Luthor will get the Spiderbuster armor(apokolips battle suit) and bring hell to Peter's life.

Superherovandal
when Spidey finds out a way to give powers to humans, and unlocks an advanced superpowerful kryptonian battleship we'll talk wink

DigiMark007
Pete calls the Avengers.

What? That's not allowed?

Then Lex assumes he's planning for Superman and wrecks Spidey.

PRAYERRUN
I still think, and i'm stubborn mind you lol, that spidey could pull it off. I mean common!! Look at what this guy has gone up against and survived!!

DigiMark007
I still think, and i'm stubborn mind you lol, that spidey could pull it off. I mean common!! Look at what this guy has gone up against and survived!!

And I'd remind you that Lex is Superman's biggest enemy, as well as half the heroes and villians in DC...and is still alive.

Spidey survives because he knows when to pick his fights. But if it was an either/or situation, he's boned.

PRAYERRUN
Spidey has gone up against red skull, magneto, Dr. Doom, THE HULK lol, Mephisto, and I even think he had a run in with galactus...(at least I saw a pic of him trying not to get stepped on lol) so I think that Lex is, while a tough opponent, Gonna have his hands full with the wise cracking Spiderman.

DigiMark007
Spidey has gone up against red skull, magneto, Dr. Doom, THE HULK lol, Mephisto, and I even think he had a run in with galactus...(at least I saw a pic of him trying not to get stepped on lol) so I think that Lex is, while a tough opponent, Gonna have his hands full with the wise cracking Spiderman.

It's just a matter of power levels. Lex has stuff that can give Supes a run for his money. Someone like, say, Kingpin...doesn't.

Yes, Pete's resourceful. But President Luthor is more resourceful.

fsufan89
Spidey is smarter but Luther is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy richer. Damn you for making me say this but Luther takes it.
Someone please prove me wrong, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you wish.... in the first superman- spiderman crossoverS pidey takes out Lex Luthor and Doc Ock by himself, while supes saves the planet from a tidal wave. Spiderman will own Luthor every time

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fsufan89
Spiderman will own Luthor every time

In a fist fight, sure.

But you just showed you didn't bother to read anything but the thread title.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

fsufan89
Originally posted by DigiMark007
In a fist fight, sure.

But you just showed you didn't bother to read anything but the thread title.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Luthor and Ock were prepared for an encounter

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fsufan89
Luthor and Ock were prepared for an encounter

...apparently they weren't.

wink

Still, my assertion stands. And given some of the stuff Lex has used to try and beat Supes (think Spider-Slayer x 100), he wins.

Soljer
Digi is a HUGE spiderman fan, guys. He isn't trying to hurt Pete's good name or anything. He's just realistic. Peter has no chance.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Soljer
Digi is a HUGE spiderman fan, guys. He isn't trying to hurt Pete's good name or anything. He's just realistic. Peter has no chance. basiclly.....if anyone actually thinks spider-man has more then a 2-3/10 chance.....

just change your name to Spiderman88888no expression

Soljer

lando005
it all depends on how well luthor preps for spidy i've noticed that most of the big brain bad guys tend to underestimate him as a smart opponent thus supplying a way for him to come out on top all and all i'd give spidy atleast a stalemate(slight loss) if this was a comic book situation like his first incounter with doom or a 2/10 1 win outta sheer dumb luck and one for spidy's resourcefulness and luthor underestimating him

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by lando005
it all depends on how well luthor preps for spidy i've noticed that most of the big brain bad guys tend to underestimate him as a smart opponent thus supplying a way for him to come out on top all and all i'd give spidy atleast a stalemate(slight loss) if this was a comic book situation like his first incounter with doom or a 2/10 1 win outta sheer dumb luck and one for spidy's resourcefulness and luthor underestimating him

fine fine fine....spidey does win....

2/10 just like you said....if he's luckyno expression

db_renji
Lex w/ 2 weeks? This isn't close.

Lex takes it 9/10.

The one win for Spidy is in case he uses PIS.

Tron

There's a huge difference between surviving and winning. Spidey may get out of this with his life, but he's not gonna win, especially with you giving Lex so much prep.

lando005
even if spidy does somehow manage to beat whatever plot lex cooked up there's no way he can get him thrown in jail it would be just like dealing with the kingpin... no way he can get any charges to stick

great_dane
this shit is gay, spiderman ftw 1000000000000000000000/0

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by great_dane
this shit is gay, spiderman ftw 1000000000000000000000/0 no expression nice debating skills, it is homosexual therefore it is certain that spider-man is the better looking one, so SM ftw 10x10^9/10

no

PRAYERRUN
Yeah well remember, spidey is prepareing for Luthor too. When he is given time to prepare for his next battle, (like the ones with Venom & Morlun) he comes out on top....every time.

NiņoAraņa
Yeah well remember, spidey is prepareing for Luthor too. When he is given time to prepare for his next battle, (like the ones with Venom & Morlun) he comes out on top....every time. well you're only half right with the morlun thing.....but that's not important....

if you and your little brother (let's say 12 and you're 18) prepare for something, given the equal amount of time, who would come out on top?

it's all about the smarts matching up against each other...

PRAYERRUN

NiņoAraņa
well it depends on who your little brother is lol. I mean If I"M the one with the big brain & lots & lots of money, and my brother has the powers of a spider, chances are i'm not gonna win. and in this case, Spiderman is a scientist too. So it's not like Spidey can't figure out what Luthor is thinking. he's never encountered him when he's really out to get him...yeah, maybe Luthor half assed it before, but powers of a spider arn't going to help much when things have been rigged to tap you on your back, shoot a ak-47 at your chest, open a trap door under you, with a pit of acid, and pour acid from above....all while the walls are electrified...cus Luthor is one crazy basterd....

PRAYERRUN

python99
As much as I want to agree with you I think Luther is on another level compared to Fisk.

I regards to what? The Kingpin had some top marvel supervillians working for him. If Kinpin wants somebody out of the picture no matter who it is. He snaps his fingers and thats it. Kingpin is on another Level compared to Luther

Soljer
Oh hell...

No one proved me right. This is ****ing RIDICULOUS.

LUTHOR!

He grabs one of those battlesuits he's used and STOMPS Pete.

The rest of his weeks of prep are spent chilling with his billions.

Redatom65
Luthor is smarter
richer
and has done some numbers on big Blue.

And in crossovers. All i have to say is

Lobo beat wolverine in them no expression

Luthor wins

Soljer
Originally posted by Redatom65
Luthor is smarter
richer
and has done some numbers on big Blue.

And in crossovers. All i have to say is

Lobo beat wolverine in them no expression

Luthor wins

I know...those stupid writers. Having Lobo beat Wolverine.

Oh...wait...

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man can win this battle. First of all, does it state that Lex Luthor can have an invention he wants. Can Spider-man have any invention he wants? Can he get help from Tony Stark? What about the other Avengers?

I think there is more to this battle than just Luthor's money.

Soljer
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Spider-man can win this battle. First of all, does it state that Lex Luthor can have an invention he wants. Can Spider-man have any invention he wants? Can he get help from Tony Stark? What about the other Avengers?

I think there is more to this battle than just Luthor's money.

Unless otherwise stated, Prep is usually restricted to Solo.

Batman with prep can't go ask Kyle for super powers. He can't go get stuff from Superman's fortress of solitude, etc.

Luthor with two weeks of prep, however, could build something to take on the man of steel, much less Spidey.

python99
Unless otherwise stated, Prep is usually restricted to Solo.

Batman with prep can't go ask Kyle for super powers. He can't go get stuff from Superman's fortress of solitude, etc.

Luthor with two weeks of prep, however, could build something to take on the man of steel, much less Spidey.

What does Luther build to take on Supes? Kryptonite? laughing
Sorry man I am just being an ass. I have never seen Luther have a upper hand on Superman unless he had Clark's parents, Lois Lane or Kryptonite.

Soljer
Originally posted by python99
What does Luther build to take on Supes? Kryptonite? laughing
Sorry man I am just being an ass. I have never seen Luther have a upper hand on Superman unless he had Clark's parents, Lois Lane or Kryptonite.

Apokalyptian battlesuit? no expression.

NiņoAraņa
Oh hell...

No one proved me right. This is ****ing RIDICULOUS.

LUTHOR!

He grabs one of those battlesuits he's used and STOMPS Pete.

The rest of his weeks of prep are spent chilling with his billions. laughing uh, we've been pretty much been saying that (for the most part)

Soljer

Superherovandal
well he figured out a way to give superpowers to normal humans all on his own. he uses the two weeks to get a super-army or anti-spiderman beam. etc.

NiņoAraņa
Not quite. I've been one of the people repeating themselves in such a fashion, but several are still arguing that Pete has a chance in hell.

"Spider-man can win this battle."

For example. not win the majority, you have to give Spidey credit, a 2/10 win isn't far fetched

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
I'm giving him all the credit I can....

I wouldn't give Spiderman a 1/10 against a prepped Black Panther, Doom, Reed, Joker, Brainiac, Batman, Nick Fury, OR Luthor.

They cover their bases. wink i'll give you all BUT luthor....seriously, i think that Spidey can at LEAST get a 1/10. 2/10 is a max

Redatom65
I meant Lobo was beaten by Wolverine.

Those crossovers aren't impressive

Luthor wins

Soljer
Originally posted by Redatom65
I meant Lobo was beaten by Wolverine.

Those crossovers aren't impressive

Luthor wins

I know what you meant, I was just giving you a hard time.

Redatom65
lol, thanks stick out tongue

Ricodrayz
Spiderman's spidey sense; warns him of luthros plans before he does it. Spidey 8/10

lando005
another factor is how much luthor knows about spidy i'm pretty sure the 2 things he wouldnt know about pete is his background in biophysics and the spider-sense but like i said that wont help much at the most maybe bumping him up 1 more win to a 3/10

Superherovandal
still Lex wins 10/10. he comes in with a superhuman army and annihilates Spidey. Spidey is smart. Lex is smarter than Tony Stark. big difference.only reason you don't see him win a lot more is cause he's a villian.

lando005
Originally posted by Superherovandal
still Lex wins 10/10. he comes in with a superhuman army and annihilates Spidey. Spidey is smart. Lex is smarter than Tony Stark. big difference.only reason you don't see him win a lot more is cause he's a villian. i know i know but i stll have to try and defend spidy i dont like one sided shutouts and that's the best i could do without makeing it seem bias or crappy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.