New DW thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I can't find the old destiny's way thread...I was at theforce.net site and they had a few spoilers in it something like...
Jaina and Jag are in DW but not in same scenes....
Jaina and Kyp are in Dw in some of the same scenes....
Kyp and Jag are in Dw but in diff scenes

...a few more cryptic things like that and then he says that the reader should connect the dots any way they want to

the info supposedly came from the author of DW himself....
BTW that's Walter John Williams...I think.....anyway, this book is supposed to come out by Oct 1st

Julie
Hey my copy of Destiny's Way was shipped today from Amazon.com....by the time I get home this weekend....it might be sitting there just waiting for me to bust open the package....

Mujaffa
lucky you

JediOasis
I just finished the book and it was very good. Finally the NJO makes sense again. I haven't been the biggest fan since SBS was so bad, but DW's was very good. I won't post spoilers unless asked. Some cool stuff does happen

Julie
How long did it take you to read it? I haven't even gotten ahold of mine....yeah I'm glad to know that this one is good...on the other hand I liked SBS too...

Corran
I may wait for the Paperback version

JediOasis
It took me a couple hours to read. A lot of fun stuff happens so it was a quick read.

Julie
Oh my goodness...a few hours to read a book that large...wow you read fast....I'm a slow reader...it may take me some time....but i will definately read it soon....

Corran
I still can't get the damn thing.

LanceWindu
When did DW come out? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Probably because I never see any Hardbacks at Walmart.

I guess I'll have to go to Books-A-Million soon.

Julie
I finished Destiny's Way yesterday...and I must say that it is a very good book...as stuck up as Walter Jon Williams may seem in some interviews...the guy sure knows how to write and he does a marvelous job with the 14th book of the NJO series...
Corran, Lance, I suggest you both redouble your efforts to get ahold of a copy....

Corran
Right, will get it this week somehow.

Julie
I doubt this review will have too many deep spoilers because I finished is about a week ago...but here goes anyways, ...never mind I lied...there are really big spoilers....
summary: Jacen Solo returns and Jaina Solo takes part in a massive attack. Jaina still wrestles with the thought that she's eventually gonna die. Jacen Solo takes a vacation of sorts. Luke reextablishes the Jedi Council. Mara is back doing what she does best. Jag Fel is off on some silly mission. Kyp Durron is older and wiser...
Supreme Overlord Shimmera is typical depsotic vile bad guy....Nom Anor's still a bumbling idiot...oh and a new bumbling idiot is introduced...

This book is definately a good read. It's exciting, and upbeat...so if you like the good guys to win...read destiny's way. Oh yea, destiny has something to do with the book evil face ....
I plan on rereading the entire NJO series, but I may reread DW twice...once soon...and once when the entire series is out. I also want to listen to it on tape. The action is great...the writing is good, and the characters are fairly well presented....

Julie
So who all read this book and what are your thoughts on it?

LanceWindu
I still haven't gotten it.

I was promised it a couple months ago and still haven't even seen it.

My Wal-Mart supposedly has it, but when I went there to buy it (cause I had money and I didn't want to wait any longer from my sister's mom) it wasn't there!

Corran
I am reading it now, well actually not right now because I am online, but I am halfway through and it is good upto now, just hope it does not just fizzle out at the end.

Julie
I didn't think so...but then again it all a matter of personal opinion....I thought the book had a decent ending....I can't remember all of it but I remebered liking all of Destiny's Way.

Corran
I liked the book, the ending was OK too, a little unexpected at the very end.

Julie
I vaguely remember it......oh yes....I thought that though it could have been better it was sweet....

Corran
Sweet is not what I'd have used, but I can see why you might think it.

Julie
Yeah....I can get sentimental sometimes.....but I can also see why you might think it not to be sweet:-)
Oh well, as long as we both agree that it was a decent book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.