Namor v.s. Thor (No Mjolnir)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
This fight takes place in an empty NYC.......... Namor is wearing his black suit (which will keep him hydrated for the entire battle.)

He will be facing Thor w/o his Mjolnir or strength belt........

No God powers! This will be strictly a H2H fight.

submariner

No PIS/CIS, Bloodlust is on

Who wins?

olympian
Thor edges him out.

starlock
i said the same about hercules,thor has thousands of years experience,i give thor the edge

Priest
Thor still has the strength advantage, and combat experience advantage.

olympian
And the battle soak durability type advantage. And also skilled.

Soujaboy
Thor has the strength, speed, durability, and experience edge on his side. Thor definitely takes the majority against Namor.

invisiblewoman
namor would put up a good fight but i think thor would get the upper hand!

jrodslam
Much like the Namor vs Herc thread its a very close fight imo. Once again, a hydrated Namor should be able to stalemate Thor and possibly beat him as well. Then again, thats my opinion.

Galan777
I think it would be a great fight as well......... I dont really think that Thor has too much of a strength advantage over Namor, but that my oppinion as well.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Galan777
I think it would be a great fight as well......... I dont really think that Thor has too much of a strength advantage over Namor, but that my oppinion as well.

Where are you all getting this? Thor is much, much, stronger than Namor.

Galan777
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Where are you all getting this? Thor is much, much, stronger than Namor. based on different strength feats ive seen I think Namor is close to Thor in strength

Soujaboy
based on different strength feats ive seen I think Namor is close to Thor in strength

laughing

What has Namor done that's comparable to Thor's feats?

Jyppe
He has 2 wins over Hulk and Hulk has only one win over him smile

Soljer
based on different strength feats ive seen I think Namor is close to Thor in strength

Not even. Thor is superman level. Planetary level.

Namor is more like...big-****ing-building/ship level.

wink.

As far as speed goes, I'm not too convinced that Thor beats out Namor in that area. Soujaboy seems to be spamming Thor's speed everywhere, but he doesn't really have any speed feats to speak of, erm.

Skills and Strength, though, definitely give Thor a HUGE majority over Namor.

Thor 9/10.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer

wink.

As far as speed goes, I'm not too convinced that Thor beats out Namor in that area. Soujaboy seems to be spamming Thor's speed everywhere, but he doesn't really have any speed feats to speak of, erm.

Thor 9/10.

I haven't said anything about Thor's speed....

But he does have a few feats posted in the how fast is Thor thread?

Jyppe
Thor has the strength, speed , durability, and experience edge on his side. Thor definitely takes the majority against Namor.

Even though I agree that Thor should win wink

What good skill feats does Thor have btw?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Jyppe
Even though I agree that Thor should win wink

What good skill feats does Thor have btw?

Right off the top of my head....

Thor once, without any powers, defeated the Absorbing Man who had all Thor's powers. Absorbing Man who is a world class boxer wasn't even able to touch Thor.

Another nice one is when he killed the Hulk and Thing while only having one arm.

olympian
Thor isent much much much stronger than Namor. He is stronger nonetheless, but the gap isent huge.

Omega-level
Thor 8/10.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by olympian
Thor isent much much much stronger than Namor. He is stronger nonetheless, but the gap isent huge.

Yea it really is...

Namor is no where near the strength lv of Herc, Gladiator, BRB, Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman, etc.

Zahit
This would be a great H2H fight but I'd give the slight majority
to Thor due to greater strength, experience, & possibly endurance.
Namor would definitely have an advantage in flight, overall speed
& agility, and viciousness due to his bipolar ass.
This would be closer than Namor vs. Hercules, cause Herc is
better than Thor in H2H.

also, Namor once knocked out Beta Ray Bill, so his
strength isn't that much lower then these guys.

Soljer
Namor's greatest strength feats? Thousands of tons.

Thor's? Million, billions, or even sextillions.

Priest

thumb up
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/020330060210/midgardserpent1.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/020330060210/midgardserpent2.jpg

Galan777
Thor's? even sextillions. When?

UniOmni
Thor is stronger than Namor, but even though he doesn't have the lifting feats, Namor is still clearly in range.

The fights they've had entitles him to that much respect.

He fares better against Hulk than Thor does without the hammer.

And Namor is top tier when in his envoirnment.

Soljer
When?

Throwing the earth out of orbit? Lifting the Midgard serpant (twice?)

Arguably sextillion level strength feats.

batdude123
Throwing the earth out of orbit? Lifting the Midgard serpant (twice?)

Arguably sextillion level strength feats.

Namor has one-shotted Beta Ray Bill. Something not even Thor has done before.

big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Namor has one-shotted Beta Ray Bill. Something not even Thor has done before.

big grin

Shush, you.

Zahit
What EXACTLY were the details of Namor's "one-shotting" of Bill?
I don't doubt he's up there in strength, but was that in open combat,
or by surprise or to save Bill from something......?

anyone?

Lucid Lui
Close one. I think they split even with a slight edge to Namor.

H. S. 6

wink.

Thor 9/10.

I'd say that's a fair analysis. thumb up

rotiart
I'm not sure strength is as much an issue as you guys all claim it to be. Thor enemies tend to include Ulik, and The Wrecking Crew (80 tons and 40 tons respectively)
Hulk has 100+ strength, but for years had trouble with the thing 80 tons..
Hell there have been comics books where captain america hurt spiderman, rhino, hulk...

Comics where caps hurt thor.. even beaten thor..
I just don't think strength is a huge benefactor...

I'll say this though... I think the two are evenly matched enough skill wise, speedwise... and durability wise... that the slight edge thor gets from strength gives him the win. a slight win. 6/10 for thors favor.

this is thors strength without his gauntlets, belt, or hammer...

Soujaboy
I'm just wondering where people are getting this Namor is in the same strength range as Thor nonsense. Their not even in the same ball park as one another, feats aren't even comparable.

Thor takes the majority...

Lucid Lui
I dunno where people get this "whoever's stronger automatically wins" thing. There's alot more to this fight than strength. Namor's proven he can hang (and win) in Thor's weight class.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I dunno where people get this "whoever's stronger automatically wins" thing. There's alot more to this fight than strength. Namor's proven he can hang (and win) in Thor's weight class.

I know strength doesn't give you the automatic win, but the fact still remains that he's much stronger.

However considering Thor's skills are arguably as great or greater than Namor's, and his durability is also greater I give Thor the majority.

Badabing
Thor wins.

Validus
Good fight. Slight edge to Thor IMO.

Validus
Thor is superman level.
http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/roofletrain.gif

rotiart
Now this isn't gospel or anything, but...

From Wikipedia:

Thor is a superb hand-to-hand combatant and has mastered a number of weapons such as the war hammer, sword, and mace. Thor is also very cunning and intuitive in battle, with many centuries of experience. Thor possesses two items that assist him in combat: the Belt of Strength and his mystical hammer Mjolnir. The first item doubles Thor's strength, while the second can used for flight; weather control; energy projection; dimensional control; matter manipulation and the God Blast, which is a channelling of Thor's godly essence into one massive burst of energy.

Too bad Thor still has that pesky belt. big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by rotiart

From Wikipedia:

Thor is a superb hand-to-hand combatant and has mastered a number of weapons such as the war hammer, sword, and mace. Thor is also very cunning and intuitive in battle, with many centuries of experience. Thor possesses two items that assist him in combat: the Belt of Strength and his mystical hammer Mjolnir. The first item doubles Thor's strength, while the second can used for flight; weather control; energy projection; dimensional control; matter manipulation and the God Blast, which is a channelling of Thor's godly essence into one massive burst of energy.

He rarely wears it, as far as I remember. I believe it tires him.

Though I could be mistaken.

Not that it matters anyways - all of his best Strength feats were done sans belt, wink.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by rotiart

From Wikipedia:

Without the belt Thor is still much stronger than Namor.

jrodslam
Funny how Thor and Herc have been displayed as equals in strength as well as Thor and Hulk, but when its said that Namor and Herc were evenly matched, it gets thrown out the window. I do understand that feats are important in showing ones superior strength to another, but not everyone has to have equal feats of strength to be considered equal in battle. Prime example of lack of strength feats are Juggernaut and Captain Marvel, yet they are labeled as equals to Hulk and Superman. Or at least in the same league. Namor is said to be in the same league as Thor and Hulk yet it gets discredited.erm

Soljer
Originally posted by jrodslam
Funny how Thor and Herc have been displayed as equals in strength as well as Thor and Hulk, but when its said that Namor and Herc were evenly matched, it gets thrown out the window. I do understand that feats are important in showing ones superior strength to another, but not everyone has to have equal feats of strength to be considered equal in battle. Prime example of lack of strength feats are Juggernaut and Captain Marvel, yet they are labeled as equals to Hulk and Superman. Or at least in the same league. Namor is said to be in the same league as Thor and Hulk yet it gets discredited.erm

Captain Marvel has been STATED to be as strong as superman.

The Juggernaut...well..he's the ****ing Juggernaut, *****!

And besides that, he's had a few strength feats of his own.

Priest
He rarely wears it, as far as I remember. I believe it tires him.

Though I could be mistaken.

it does tire him.
still thor is still a few notches above namor.
I give him the fight becuase, strength does matter in this fight, but also thor does have a much greater durabilty above namor.
Thor's fighting skills are not to shappy either, he is a god, and does have combat experiance over namor. I dont know exaclty how old is namor but he's deffinalty not more experiance than thor is.

heres a fight with Loki and Fenris, notice thor does not have the mjinor.
http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg

Starhawk
Weird, I always thought most of Thor's power was connected to him holding the hammer.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Starhawk
Weird, I always thought most of Thor's power was connected to him holding the hammer.

According to Odin, Mjolnir channels Thor's true power and that Thor himself is supposedly beyond even Asgard.

However most of Thor's power with the exception of lightning is used only while gripping Mjolnir. It was shown in the Ragnarok arc that Thor is indeed powerful even without Mjolnir.

Starhawk
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

KillAll
i'm with soujaboy here... had the thread starter not said "blood lust is on" i would have maybe said thor 6/10.

but since it IS on, thor often when in times of peril or times of being angry has beat his opponents to a pulp. i believe that since this is a bloodlusted fight thor takes this atleast 9/10...

i think thor outclasses namor in every way.

DarkCrawler

Hundreds of thousands, actually.

Thor is still a LOT stronger, though. Like 100 times if we take best feats of both.

Depends how Namor fights. He is IMO a lot faster then Thor, and can fly (which Thor can't do without hammer). Since the suit keeps him virtually at the same strength as in water, he has the speed and flying edge, it could practically be the duplication of this:
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/4816/namorvsthor48yh.gif

And if he gets Thor to water (If they are in Manhattan, it probably wouldn't be that hard) he could beat him there too.

All in all, I'd say it's 4-5/10 to Namor. Thor has durability, skills and strength. Namor has speed and flying, plus suit that keeps him hydrated for the duration of the fight, which basically is same as a low level healing factor.

It will just take him longer to punch Thor into submission then it takes for Thor to punch Namor into submission. But Namor's extra speed and flying enables him to evade Thor's punches and punch Thor more times then Thor can punch him.

olympian
Yea it really is...

Namor is no where near the strength lv of Herc, Gladiator, BRB, Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman, etc.
Thats quite an exagerattion Souja. If he wasent *nowhere* *near* these guys he wouldn`t do more than just hold its own in a physical match. And he does.

Thor high strength feats are definatly quite above, but you shouldnt argue only in that point of view, regulary wise while not even equal to Thor bracet, hes not far down.

Originally posted by jrodslam
The major problem with the statement that regards Namor as Herc`s equal is that it has been showed at least twice in direct comparation that Herc was stronger.

And its exactly by the same example of Namor and Herc, that we know WW isent Superman`s equal even if she has also been called as such.

You dont have that with CM and Superman.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by olympian
Thats quite an exagerattion Souja. If he wasent *nowhere* *near* these guys he wouldn`t do more than just hold its own in a physical match. And he does.

Thor high strength feats are definatly quite above, but you shouldnt argue only in that point of view, regulary wise while not even equal to Thor bracet, hes not far down.

The major problem with the statement that regards Namor as Herc`s equal is that it has been showed at least twice in direct comparation that Herc was stronger.

And its exactly by the same example of Namor and Herc, that we know WW isent Superman`s equal even if she has also been called as such.

You dont have that with CM and Superman.

I find that to be flawed logic seeing as how Wolverine has "held his own" in physical confrontations with many characters who were far above himself. Does that mean he's as strong as the characters? no, all it means is that the comic was written in a manner that strength differences were generally ignored.

Yes, according to feats, handbooks, etc, Namor is far down the list when it comes to characters such as Thor, BRB, Gladiator, Hercules, etc.

Now with this give Thor the automatic win? no, however it does help especially when combined with Thor's lv of skill.

olympian
Wolverine`s case its more one of popularity aura. Hes practically the name at Marvel that sells more, outside Spiderman.

Also, its always more a case of also him having an insane healing ability and durability. Its never much a case of strength, altho some few examples fall in that category.

Namor for me, regulary is low class 100 strengthwise. He used to be higher in the 70`s wich is where his wins against Hulk happened IIRC, but outside of that the majority of showings place him a bit lower. Still, i dont think theres such a major gap between the likes of Namor and WonderMan with the likes of Hercules and Thor. Its not like hes a whole class below like Thing.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine holds his own against character with the use of claws, not physical strength.

Namor actually trades blows with them. Makes them feel his punches and takes their punches himself. Has always done so.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Wolverine holds his own against character with the use of claws, not physical strength.

Namor actually trades blows with them. Makes them feel his punches and takes their punches himself. Has always done so.

Yet there is still that huge difference in strength. You don't see Namor Shaking planets, lifting planet size objetcs, shaking planets with single blows, etc. For Thor these are all to common feats, hence is the reason I believe that's there is a huge gap in their dtrength.

DarkCrawler
They are not really common feats for him. They are his high tier ones. I agree that he is a lot stronger if we judge by higher ones, but we should judge by all feats and use the middle ground as a point. The point remains that Namor has never shown that he can't fight against High Class 100 on near-equal terms. And even win on water.

Galan777
Yet there is still that huge difference in strength. You don't see Namor Shaking planets, lifting planet size objetcs, shaking planets with single blows, etc. For Thor these are all to common feats, hence is the reason I believe that's there is a huge gap in their dtrength. And Thor has accomplished all of these feats w/o the Mjolnir?

Soujaboy
And Thor has accomplished all of these feats w/o the Mjolnir?

How exactly would Mjolnir lift anything?

I'm not sure Mjolnir can be of use in an arm wrestling contest?

Yes Thor hit the earth with Mjolnir, and it began to shake.

Galan777
Yes Thor hit the earth with Mjolnir, and it began to shake. Well for the purposes of this thread, any feats Thor accomplished with the Mjolnir really can't be used as evidence, because in this battle, he dosen't have it.

Soujaboy
They are not really common feats for him. They are his high tier ones. I agree that he is a lot stronger if we judge by higher ones, but we should judge by all feats and use the middle ground as a point. The point remains that Namor has never shown that he can't fight against High Class 100 on near-equal terms. And even win on water.

If were going to use mid tier feats for Tho than its only fair that we do the same for Namor. In doing so Namor will continue to be much weaker than Thor.

As for your Namor being faster than Thor, that's something I highly doubt.

DarkCrawler
Not JUST mid tiers, all feat but calculate the consisitency between them.

And Thor is only faster in flight speed (Even that is only with Mjolnir). Namor has better speed feats on other things.

And don't you know that Mjolnir enchances Thor's punching feats? I mean, he's never destroyed an planet with his own hands or anything. And he can't do stuff like godblast without it either.

Soujaboy

And Thor is only faster in flight speed (Even that is only with Mjolnir). Namor has better speed feats on other things.

And don't you know that Mjolnir enchances Thor's punching feats? I mean, he's never destroyed an planet with his own hands or anything. And he can't do stuff like godblast without it either.

In my opinion it's fairly clear that Thor's feat are higher than those of Namor. Yes he has the feats already mentioned, but Thor also has excellent physical showings against Silver Surfer(whome he one shotted), Thanos, Drax with The power Gem(also he was ko'd), etc. Mid tier, high tier, Thor's showings simply trump Namor's. Now that doesn't mean that Namor isn't strong, because he his but he just doesn't stack up to Thor.

Thor also has some nice speed feats of his own. He has ran the length of New York in an heartbeat, ran so fast he became invisible, etc. Thor may not be the "fastest" character, but by no means is he slow.

Since when did Mjolnir enhance Thor's strength? I've never came across that.

Yes Thor can and has used the god blast in a battle. He did so whem fighting Durok the demolisher in Thor v2 #82. Not that it matters considering theres no power allowed in this fight.

DarkCrawler
In my opinion it's fairly clear that Thor's feat are higher than those of Namor. Yes he has the feats already mentioned, but Thor also has excellent physical showings against Silver Surfer(whome he one shotted), Thanos, Drax with The power Gem(also he was ko'd), etc. Mid tier, high tier, Thor's showings simply trump Namor's. Now that doesn't mean that Namor isn't strong, because he his but he just doesn't stack up to Thor.

Thor also has some nice speed feats of his own. He has ran the length of New York in an heartbeat, ran so fast he became invisible, etc. Thor may not be the "fastest" character, but by no means is he slow.

Since when did Mjolnir enhance Thor's strength? I've never came across that.

Yes Thor can and has used the god blast in a battle. He did so whem fighting Durok the demolisher in Thor v2 #82. Not that it matters considering theres no power allowed in this fight.

Which can you use better to break an board, your fist or an hammer? It's known fact that if you use an object which is designed for hitting, your striking power increases 10x or something. And Thor has magic hammer to boot.

And again, nobody has said that Thor isn't stronger. But Namor's strength is enough to fight against him in that battle, especially when he is hydrated during the whole duration.

And none of the speed feats you mentioned stack up to Namor's, really.

olympian

The claws and the jobber aura. He would still need to have the strength behind the claws to hurt top tiers and he shouldnt. But somehow he does.

And Thor has accomplished all of these feats w/o the Mjolnir?

Any feat where Thor uses Mjolnir as a blunt weapon counts. Its still his strength behind the blow.

Yet there is still that huge difference in strength. You don't see Namor Shaking planets, lifting planet size objetcs, shaking planets with single blows, etc. For Thor these are all to common feats, hence is the reason I believe that's there is a huge gap in their dtrength.

Common as in regular levels? I wish. If planet moving force was common to Thor and Herc, there would be no arguments if they wer above the likes of Superman or not.

Enchanting migth not be the correct word. It adds more damage. But the strength behind its still his. Three of Thor`s higher strength feats wer in fact without Mjolnir.

And no, DC. He can perform the godblast without the hammer. Thats how he killed Durok in the Ragnarok arc, IIRC.

thtadthtshldntb
Thor, when he does not hold back is orders of magnitude stronger and faster than Namor.

Thor can fly well enough without Mjollnir to manuver and maintain the same relative positions in battle (Thor threw Mjollnir at the SS in one of their fights in B&T, the Silver Surfer dodge, but Thor flew to maintain the same relative position as before the throw).

The hammer, as per Oeming was created by Odin over the course of millions of years to channel godessence and the Odinforce. Odin's later enchantment let anyone who is worthy to lift the hammer have the powers of Thor.

Once the 60 sec limit was removed Thor's fighting style and tactics clearly changed.

The earliest Thor speed feat that I remember was back in JiM #95 or so, when Thor ran across Central Park and back in seconds. IIRC he also superspeed ran someone to a hospital a few issues later.

In terms of durability, Thor has taken planet busting shots. When has Namor ever taken a planet busting shot.

Namor does have a lot of willpower, and he can last in a fight though, but if Thor is not holding back, Namor will be crushed in minutes (as Thor was fighting in B&T for example or against Exitar when his hammer was DESTROYED).

Soujaboy
Which can you use better to break an board, your fist or an hammer? It's known fact that if you use an object which is designed for hitting, your striking power increases 10x or something. And Thor has magic hammer to boot.

And again, nobody has said that Thor isn't stronger. But Namor's strength is enough to fight against him in that battle, especially when he is hydrated during the whole duration.

And none of the speed feats you mentioned stack up to Namor's, really.

Fair enough statement. Still Though its Thor's strength behind the hammer. Give Namor a durable hammer, and he still won''t have the strength to rattle planets.

That's what I've been arguing, that Namor doesn't have the necessary strength to last with Thor in an extended bloodlusted battle.

What are some of Namor's higher speed feats?

snoopdogg
H2H I gotta go with Thor. Namor may be the top of his class but he's not in Thors class imo.

DarkCrawler
Fair enough statement. Still Though its Thor's strength behind the hammer. Give Namor a durable hammer, and he still won''t have the strength to rattle planets.

That's what I've been arguing, that Namor doesn't have the necessary strength to last with Thor in an extended bloodlusted battle.

What are some of Namor's higher speed feats?

Here are all feats:
http://herochat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100333

And like said, Namor doesn't have strength to last in battle, IF this was only strength. But speed and flying can be used too. And Namor has good chances of getting Thor in the water since this fight in on New York and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.