Elektra vs. Nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
The story line is that, in an alternate universe, where Marvel and DC are squished into one continuity (and where everything starts off the same...), instead of Steve Rogers, Elektra Natchios was picked for the Super Soldier Serum. Assume, however, that she has already recieved her ninja training.

Dick Grayson, on the other hand, gets bit by the same mutant/radioactive spider that was the plot device used to set off the classic Spiderman series. Also assume, however, that he got his same training from his mentors.

They have the same amount of expierience that their normal characters have in the current comic worlds.

Elektra doesnt get the sheild.
Nightwing doesnt get the webs.
No mental attacks.
No prep.

They fight in an empty, huge construction sight. They start off on opposite sides. Who takes it? Night-Spider or Captain Elektra (until I come up with a better name...)

Entity
Very, very, close but, I say Dick edges the wins out win his spider sense.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Entity
Very, very, close but, I say Dick edges the wins out win his spider sense.

erm

Well, Elektra uses her TP for precog...

special_night_
night wing has trained under batman. And batman taught him things he should know to out fight a person. And electra is some girl who had training not as good as batman's

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by special_night_
night wing has trained under batman. And batman taught him things he should know to out fight a person. And electra is some girl who had training not as good as batman's

What the f**k?

Well, clearly your unbiased and know lots about both characters. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Entity
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
erm

Well, Elektra uses her TP for precog...

No where near as effective as the spidersense.
Plus it has been stated that spiderman's ablities are well above caps as far as just the physical. Add in Dick's training under Batman and that is a leathel combo for any oppionit, I give it to Dick like 8/10 at least if not a hard fought 10/10

Soljer

Idiot. Go grab your nerf guns and catch some bad guys or something.

SpunkySmurph
Plus it has been stated that spiderman's ablities are well above caps as far as just the physical. Add in Dick's training under Batman and that is a leathel combo for any oppionit, I give it to Dick like 8/10 at least if not a hard fought 10/10

Only this isn't Cap. This is Elektra, further boosted by the SSS. And she can already put up a decent fight with Cap- She's destroy Steve Rogers without the serum. So this is a different fight.

Also, she has amazing training as well. And, remember, this is the more classic spidey. He wasnt as powerful as he is today (not counting Iron Spidey)

capt it up
so you mean to say elektra peakhuman and then on top of that she here training which would boost all of here stats easily into the superhuman levels.

capt it up

stick trained elekta

stick>>>>>>>batman.

stick would pimp slapp batman and make him his *****.

elektra through stick training was able to make her reflex and agility superhuman not to mention amde her strength almost peakhuman.

She also recieved TP from her trainings with the hand and stick.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by capt it up
stick trained elekta

stick>>>>>>>batman.

stick would pimp slapp batman and make him his *****.

elektra through stick training was able to make his reflex and agility superhuman not to mention amde her strength almost peakhuman.

She also recieved TP from her trainings with the hand and stick.

Finally, someone with sense

Entity
Only this isn't Cap. This is Elektra, further boosted by the SSS. And she can already put up a decent fight with Cap- She's destroy Steve Rogers without the serum. So this is a different fight.

Also, she has amazing training as well. And, remember, this is the more classic spidey. He wasnt as powerful as he is today (not counting Iron Spidey)

Yes but, you also said this was NIGHTWING with spidey's powers! You give Peter Bruce's training or vise versa and you have a different fight altogether.

Think of it like this. Nightwing = Elektra, Spiderman>Cap, so
Nightwing+Spiderman>Elektra+Cap.......only slightly but like I said the spider sense edges out the win for Dick.

capt it up
how is tp not as affective as spider sense? Through tp you can not only know what there move will be, but you know what there move after that will be as well before they even beggin to make it

capt it up
Yes but, you also said this was NIGHTWING with spidey's powers! You give Peter Bruce's training or vise versa and you have a different fight altogether.

Nightwing+Spiderman>Elektra+Cap.......only slightly but like I said the spider sense edges out the win for Dick.

actauly it more

elektra>night wing

Spiderman>capt

Entity
Spiderman's sense makes his body just react instintly alot of the time. He doesn't even need to attempt to use it, it is alway active without any concentration or effort, just happens

SpunkySmurph

But, Elektra with SSS >>> Steve Rogers with SSS

And NW as classic spidey (who had artificial webs, but that doesn matter, since he doesnt have them for this fight anyways) <<<<< Current Spiderman

keak da sneak
wtf stick is a ***** compar to batman ask your self this can stick beat superman

Entity
actauly it more

elektra>night wing

Spiderman>capt

Lets say your right, thou I dissagree imo, then this fight come down to Spiderman vs. Elektra and he has beat her many times.

capt it up
Originally posted by keak da sneak
wtf stick is a ***** compar to batman ask your self this can stick beat superman
ask your self this does it make sense for batman too?

batman a mere human defeat a man who can move the speed of light can lift the eath is next to unbreakable, can shoot beams out of his eye ect.

SpunkySmurph

What the f**k?

Your saying Batman >>> Supes?

capt it up
Lets say your right, thou I dissagree imo, then this fight come down to Spiderman vs. Elektra and he has beat her many times.

No he has not prove it.

keak da sneak
ive seen batman beat super man many times but never seen superman beat batman matter a fact ima make a forum hold up

SpunkySmurph
ive seen batman beat super man many times but never seen superman beat batman matter a fact ima make a forum hold up

eek! eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Entity
No he has not prove it.

I will have to go through my stash and mess with my scanner but, I will get the scans in a few days.

capt it up
how can batman hurt superhuman let a lone touch him

keak da sneak
nope superman cannot take batman he's rich n supermans strong ill take money

capt it up
I will have to go through my stash and mess with my scanner but, I will get the scans in a few days.
k I will hold u to it

SpunkySmurph

No. It comes down to Elektra + SSS (whom beats Cap) vs. Nighting as Classic Spiderman (without webs), who loses to normal Spiderman.

So, who takes it?

keak da sneak
electra cant beat cap n nightwing is sexy therefore he wins

capt it up
elektra could very likly beat capt

SpunkySmurph

Whether she could beat him normally is highly debateable. With the SSS, however, she easily takes it.

Entity
k I will hold u to it

If i can't get them by this weekend like Saturday then I will consed your right, fair enough?

keak da sneak
how that mean cap is a ***** and electra should be the avengers leader thats gay

capt it up
If i can't get them by this weekend like Saturday then I will consed your right, fair enough?
sounds good

capt it up
how that mean cap is a ***** and electra should be the avengers leader thats gay
what are you even talking about lol

keak da sneak
aight then gangsta

SpunkySmurph

You think Cap's head of the avengers because he can beat everyone else???

( He can't, you know)

Entity
Cap leads the avengers because he is an excellent feild leader.

SpunkySmurph
Cap leads the avengers because he is an excellent feild leader.

Correct.

Now... where were we

Entity
And he is Marvel's Superman.
Only like a Trillion times better.....offtopic

keak da sneak
first off i never said captian america can beat people from the avengers there r few people he can beat but still electra sucked my D* CK last nite so idk but nightwing still wins

SpunkySmurph
first off i never said captian america can beat people from the avengers there r few people he can beat but still electra sucked my D* CK last nite so idk but nightwing still wins

Your logic was if

Elektra > Cap

Then she MUST be heading the Avengers.

Btw, good arguing thumb up

Dumb*ss

SpunkySmurph
Anyways, any opinions back by proof?

Entity
Well, I really hate doing this but, I am a man of my word so here I go.
No, I could not find my proof of spiderman beating Elektra thou I was out of the house allot this weekend. I am not making excuses I didn't find the proof so I will admit your right as of now. However, I will keep looking for the issue cause I do remember reading it years ago and was sure I had it but, no you win this now. Still, IMO i can't see a ninja trained peek human beating a man with precognitive sense and the proportional abilities of arachnids. With slight mystic abilities or not.

So, I give this one to you for now cap it up

SpunkySmurph
Well, I really hate doing this but, I am a man of my word so here I go.
No, I could not find my proof of spiderman beating Elektra thou I was out of the house allot this weekend. I am not making excuses I didn't find the proof so I will admit your right as of now. However, I will keep looking for the issue cause I do remember reading it years ago and was sure I had it but, no you win this now. Still, IMO i can't see a ninja trained peek human beating a man with precognitive sense and the proportional abilities of arachnids. With slight mystic abilities or not.

So, I give this one to you for now cap it up

Regardless of whether Spidey beat her, this isnt Spidey. It's NightSpider. Captain Elektra takes it.

Jimmy-Chan
Just giving my opinion on Elektra vs. Nightwing in their normal states -- toss-up or slight edge to Elektra.

Superherovandal
Night-Spider would beat Cap Electra. Elektra would only be Captain America level whilst NIght-Spider would be better than Spiderman due to his superior fighting skills Plus he is a better tactitian. NS 8/10

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Night-Spider would beat Cap Electra. Elektra would only be Captain America level whilst NIght-Spider would be better than Spiderman due to his superior fighting skills Plus he is a better tactitian. NS 8/10

No.

Captain Elektra with all of her training from Stick/the Hand, on top of the SSS, would far surpass Captain America.

Night-Spider, on the other hand, would potentially be more agile then Spiderman, on top of having better combat training. However, he would not have the webs, and this is Classic Spiderman, is wasn't on the same level as the spiderman we know today.

And Elektra has superior fighting skills then Nightwing. And what proof do you have that one is a better tactician then the other?

Captain Elektra 8/10

Rewmac
Nightwing was trained by Batman. Elektra is a well trained assassin. I'd say Dick takes this. Why? Of course he is like a young Batman. And we all know Batman's skills. I'm not comparing Dick to Bruce in skills but Nightwing got skills, agility. Agility goes for Elektra along with the ninja tricks. But Nightwing learned loads of fighting style from Batman not only how to be a ninja.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Rewmac
Nightwing was trained by Batman. Elektra is a well trained assassin. I'd say Dick takes this. Why? Of course he is like a young Batman. And we all know Batman's skills. I'm not comparing Dick to Bruce in skills but Nightwing got skills, agility. Agility goes for Elektra along with the ninja tricks. But Nightwing learned loads of fighting style from Batman not only how to be a ninja.

Well, I would consider that highly debatable. However, I would consider their training close enough to be inconsequential.

Nice sig, btw. You don't see a lot of Huntress around here

jrodslam
Elektra is also the #1 assasin in the world. As well as one of the best fighters in the world.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by jrodslam
Elektra is also the #1 assasin in the world. As well as one of the best fighters in the world.

Correct. And, looking back at my starting post, I said that she was 'picked' for the SSS. That means that, I would assume, she would get alot of the combat and tactical training that Cap recieved when he was picked.

However, even without that, she, with the SSS, is good enough to take Night-Spider down.

Martian_mind
this fight would be very close because even if elektra is more skilled than dick his speed would still be an slmost insurmountable difficulty

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
this fight would be very close because even if elektra is more skilled than dick his speed would still be an slmost insurmountable difficulty

Insurmountable? Hardly, considering Elektra's effective use of her pre-cog, gifted to her by The Hand

Martian_mind
nightwing would have spider sense so even if she read hismind he would still have an early warning of where to move and having the agility advantage be capable of dodging

SpunkySmurph
nightwing would have spider sense so even if she read hismind he would still have an early warning of where to move and having the agility advantage be capable of dodging

As I stated, she would have the quivalent with her telepathic pre-cog, meaning if he dodged, she would know where to move next. So then it comes down to battle skills and abilitys. Captain Elektra takes it

Martian_mind
skill maybe but does nightwing still get his gadgets and she her sai

SpunkySmurph
skill maybe but does nightwing still get his gadgets and she her sai

Yes he would, judging by the fact that he still gets his subsequent training from Batman

Martian_mind
then nightwing should win if he creates a smokescreen around them making them rely on precog and spider sense and using his superior reflexes to his advantage

SpunkySmurph
then nightwing should win if he creates a smokescreen around them making them rely on precog and spider sense and using his superior reflexes to his advantage

Can his smoke fill an entire construction sight? If not, whats to stop Elektra from exitting the smoke, ppinpointing his location via telepathy and delivering a Sai blade to his temple?

Martian_mind
spider sense and the fact that he could leave the smoke quicker

SpunkySmurph
spider sense and the fact that he could leave the smoke quicker

So you agree that the smoke would be truly irrelevant? erm

Then, as I earlier said, it would come down to a match of skills.

Captain Elektra 8/10

Martian_mind
if they r at abuilding site nightwing has alot to bounce off and leap around greatly complementing his combat style so i say nightweb 6/10

SpunkySmurph
if they r at abuilding site nightwing has alot to bounce off and leap around greatly complementing his combat style so i say nightweb 6/10

Fair enough. I wouldnt put him that far ahead of her in agility, though. With the SSS, I reckon she comes pretty damn close to keeping up. I still say this comes down to a battle of skills. She reacts fast enough, and, with her precog, that she should be able to react against his acrobatics.

Nightweb huh? Not bad.

Cap. Elektra 7-8/10

Martian_mind
Fair enough but again the precog is negated by spider sense so i really think he may have the advantage anyway i think nightweb can take the american shadow

SpunkySmurph
Fair enough but again the precog is negated by spider sense so i really think he may have the advantage anyway i think nightweb can take the american shadow

On top of the other things, I think she would have the weapon advantage. However, I don't profess to know that much about Nightwing, but I don't recall him normally fighting with weapons. Occaisionally using gadgets? Sure. If a gadgets named that could have actual impact, it would be a viable tactic for Nightweb. But, While his punches are strength-backed, she has the Sai's to cut him up.

American Shadow ftw.

Nice names, btw, I knew she would have to be American Something, but I couldn't put my finger on a good ending.

Martian_mind
Ty anyway in terms of weaponry nightwing has billy clubs like daredevil in fact hes basically dcs daredevil but more agile imo

SpunkySmurph
Ty anyway in terms of weaponry nightwing has billy clubs like daredevil in fact hes basically dcs daredevil but more agile imo

Well, then my point still stands. Elektra's Sais >> Billy Clubs due to the damage capabilities, by which I mean stabbing vs. beating.

And, I will reittirate, she with the SSS and that training, on top of her own, tops out Nightweb in the skills department. Which means she has better weapons, which she weilds with more skill.

A. Shadow ftw.

xmarksthespot
Meh, my money's on the Nightwing/SM. It's basically a martial arts trained Spider-Man vs a female Captain America with limited TP precog.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Meh, my money's on the Nightwing/SM. It's basically a martial arts trained Spider-Man vs a female Captain America with limited TP precog.

Perhaps.

But I'd put a fight between Cap and SM alot closer if it was Classic (and therefore weaker) Spidey, without webs, against a Cap with ninja training and precog.

xmarksthespot
The only reason fights between Captain America and SM are "close" (setting aside that fights will generally be written close) is that SM lacks the training to fully utilise the abilities he has. In this fight he's been given that training he normally lacks.

Martian_mind
Yup the skill difference is not that huge a gap and that is made up by nightwebs superior attributes and gadgets

SpunkySmurph
The only reason fights between Captain America and SM are "close" (setting aside that fights will generally be written close) is that SM lacks the training to fully utilise the abilities he has. In this fight he's been given that training he normally lacks.

But, as I stated, this fight is much different.

'American Shadow', as she's been dubbed, is superior to Cap, as she essentially IS Cap, with further training and capabilities.

Nightweb is inferior to the Spiderman that you know now.

So, this is essentially an majorly amped up Cap vs. a very weakened SM, who happens to be trained better then normally.

Shadow ftw.

xmarksthespot
It's still essentially a female Captain America, with some more training and limited precog against classic Spider-Man with martial arts training from Batman and even more acrobatic agility. In which case I don't see the addition of Elektra's training to Captain America being enough to overcome the amalgamation of Spider-Man's physical attributes combined with Nightwings martial arts.

Martian_mind
Weakened in what way even if his powers are not as strong he makes up for it via training gadgets and tactics and nightwing was peak human as well even before he got these new powers so whilst he may not be stronger than current spidey hell still be stronger than the american shadow as well as faster and more agile. Nightwing has been fighting crime since he was 8 yrs old and was one of the worlds 3 best acrobats before that im sure he would not be outmanouvered by someone whos weaker and slower than him

SpunkySmurph
It's still essentially a female Captain America, with some more training and limited precog against classic Spider-Man with martial arts training from Batman and even more acrobatic agility. In which case I don't see the addition of Elektra's training to Captain America being enough to overcome the amalgamation of Spider-Man's physical attributes combined with Nightwings martial arts.

Well, in a comparison on both levels, I would put Captain America's skills a ways above Spiderman's, and Elektra's decently above Nightwing's. You take AS, who has both sets of skills, giving her a major step ahead of Nightweb, ontop of the ability to keep up with his movements via pre-cog.

In addition, she would recieve Cap's tactical training, giving her a second edge against him as well.

I realized it's kindof redundant to be called Nightweb and not have webs. But, it doesnt matter.

In any case,

AS 7-8/10

SpunkySmurph
Nightwing has been fighting crime since he was 8 yrs old and was one of the worlds 3 best acrobats before that im sure he would not be outmanouvered by someone whos weaker and slower than him

Hmmm...

Marvel's Deadlist Ninja, or one of DC's top three acrobats...

Ninja or Acrobat....

Hmmm...

Martian_mind
its not ninja or acrobat nightwing is dcs premier acrobat and also one of its greatest martial artists

SpunkySmurph
its not ninja or acrobat nightwing is dcs premier acrobat and also one of its greatest martial artists

Fine.

But, he's trumped by both Elektra and Cap.

Put together, even with his physical attributes incresed n-fold, it isn't enough, IMO

Martian_mind
Imo i still believe he can win sspeed ans strength and spider sense trump any skill advantage why'll gadgets push the fight in his favour espicially considering one of his gadgets is a 50,000 volt tazer

Wally West
Hmmm...

Marvel's Deadlist Ninja, or one of DC's top three acrobats...

Ninja or Acrobat....

Hmmm... He was one of DCs top three acrobats when he was 8 before Batman even took him in. Now he is by far the greatest acrobat in DC and has agilty that is near meta-human level.

Nightwing beaten groups of ninjas before too without breaking a sweat. If Nightwing gets his weapons and gadgets I'd give him the edge in this fight.

Soljer
....Joe Blow with Spiderman's powers could take 'Captain Elektra'.

Nightwing with Spiderman's powers STOMPS Captain Elektra.

Rewmac
Well, I would consider that highly debatable. However, I would consider their training close enough to be inconsequential.

Nice sig, btw. You don't see a lot of Huntress around here

And she is highly underestimated too.

Nightwing in my opinion can take Elektra. I was reading a lot of Nighwing and I still do. I know what Elektra's abilities are, well who can I express myself. Elektra is more brutal to me than Nightwing. But Nightwing looks more a thinker than a rusher nowdays. I didn't say he is not but nowdays he thinks more. Elektra also does that, but she believes too much in her abilities.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Wally West

Nightwing beaten groups of ninjas before too without breaking a sweat. If Nightwing gets his weapons and gadgets I'd give him the edge in this fight.

erm

Well, that's not exactly anything impressive. Nearly every character in Marvel or DC regularly beats down a couple hundred ninjas.
Hell, I reckon Aunt May is off in dark alleys, calmly beating down a few dozen, on those days off from heart attacks.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Rewmac
And she is highly underestimated too.

Nightwing in my opinion can take Elektra. I was reading a lot of Nighwing and I still do. I know what Elektra's abilities are, well who can I express myself. Elektra is more brutal to me than Nightwing. But Nightwing looks more a thinker than a rusher nowdays. I didn't say he is not but nowdays he thinks more. Elektra also does that, but she believes too much in her abilities.

Fair enough.

But I doubt that Nightwing, even as a 'thinker' nowadays, with his physical attributes amped up so much, can take out Elektra when she was picked for the SSS.

Even if Nightwing somehow manages a majority normally, in this reality, Elektra is most definetley a thinker. She has had all the tactical training Cap had, making her an expert battle tactician, on top of learning various methods from Stick and The Hand. With her pre-cog, his speed is somewhat nulled, seeing as she'll know where to dodge before he reaches her.

And seeing as I can't see regular Nightwing takeing a majority against normal Elektra, the difference in skill between them is that much larger, IMO

superbatman86
Nw would win 9-10/10.It's multiplying Dick's speed strength and agility by the same factor that Pete's was.Parker before he got his powers was below normal humans in strength,agility, and speed while Nw is just this side of being meta in all stats and is considered to be not only the best acrobat in all of DC but also the most gifted athlete.Add onto his already overwhelming physical advantages near equal skill level and weaponry it's not even a close match.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by superbatman86
Nw would win 9-10/10.It's multiplying Dick's speed strength and agility by the same factor that Pete's was.Parker before he got his powers was below normal humans in strength,agility, and speed while Nw is just this side of being meta in all stats and is considered to be not only the best acrobat in all of DC but also the most gifted athlete.Add onto his already overwhelming physical advantages near equal skill level and weaponry it's not even a close match.

Does it?

The way I see it, being bit by the spider isn't a multiplier for your abilities. The way youre saying it makes it seem like you view it as 'If you get bit by the spider, your strength, etc. gets multiplied by 3'.

I figured it was certainly an enhcancer, but it only enhanced you to a certain point. Your given the proportionate abilities of a spider- so, logically, it should only raise your srtength to a certain point.

And, as I've pointed out, with these two their skill level would be nowhere near equal. Your given Elektra, who is arguably more skilled then Nightwing, or at least equivalent, and Cap who is leagues above Spiderman.

Therefore, she's a better trained combatant, a better tactician, and alll around much more skilled

xmarksthespot
Meh, imo Captain Elektra would lose to classic Spider-Man. Add Nightwing's acrobatic agility and martial arts training only increases the margin. Having skills can only make up for so much.

Martian_mind
also he can just hit her with a tazer.and plus ur forgetting that captain america was trained with a sheild one of his greatest aids which u said she does not have so her training is actually less than caps

psy_blade
tie.
elektra > nightwing
serum < venom

BatmanOfGotham
"stick would pimp slapp batman and make him his *****."
Other way around, idiot.

Silent Master
Originally posted by BatmanOfGotham
Other way around, idiot.

Are you actually saying that Batman would beat Stick?

Battlehammer
elektra is simply better

Etrigan
Originally posted by BatmanOfGotham
Other way around, idiot.

No. No, seriously not the other way round, idiot.

Elektra would beat Nightwing, probably 6/10.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Does it?

The way I see it, being bit by the spider isn't a multiplier for your abilities. The way youre saying it makes it seem like you view it as 'If you get bit by the spider, your strength, etc. gets multiplied by 3'.

I figured it was certainly an enhcancer, but it only enhanced you to a certain point. Your given the proportionate abilities of a spider- so, logically, it should only raise your srtength to a certain point.

Think of it this way: if Peter works out, wont he get even stronger than he is? Wouldnt then the base level (Nightwing who was in INCREDIBLE shape compared to Peter before the bite) be a bit higher than Peter's?

Also, being that Nightwing was already Nightwing in your scenario, he has gadgets that he can use to his advantage. He does have TP blockers, but it was never really mentioned if they prepped for that or it was standard. Ill assume prepped. But he still has other things like gas grenades, tear gas, sonics, ect ect.

I really cant see Captain Electra winning

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Think of it this way: if Peter works out, wont he get even stronger than he is? Wouldnt then the base level (Nightwing who was in INCREDIBLE shape compared to Peter before the bite) be a bit higher than Peter's?

Also, being that Nightwing was already Nightwing in your scenario, he has gadgets that he can use to his advantage. He does have TP blockers, but it was never really mentioned if they prepped for that or it was standard. Ill assume prepped. But he still has other things like gas grenades, tear gas, sonics, ect ect.

I really cant see Captain Electra winning I agree now.

A year and a half ago, I didn't.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
But, Elektra with SSS >>> Steve Rogers with SSS

And NW as classic spidey (who had artificial webs, but that doesn matter, since he doesnt have them for this fight anyways) <<<<< Current Spiderman

That not necessarily true. Protocide was more athletic looking then didn't have a frail body like Rogers and even he could not gain the advantage on Steve.

Plus it can depend on there genetic "potential".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.