Thanos's forcefield v.s. Classic Juggernaut's forcefield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
This is not a battle between these 2 characters, but rather a fight to see who's personal forcefield is stronger, and which one can withstand the most damage.

To be a little more fair, in this "battle" Thanos can access his technology to further shield himself.

What do you think?

King Kandy
Has ANYTHING broken Juggs forcefield?

Galan777
Originally posted by King Kandy
Has ANYTHING broken Juggs forcefield? not to my knowledge

King Kandy
Then he wins.

Many things have broken Thanos's forcefield.

MC Hammer
Um, scans of the sheild please.

King Kandy
I don't have a scanner.

Galan777
I added something to the original post, to try and even things out a bit.

Priest
Id say juggy's force feild is stonger for the fact that it has not been broken. Ive been hearing that thor once negated his force feild tho, but that shouldent count as breaking it.
Thanos displays his force feilds more often, im not even sure id current juggy has a forcefeild.
but based on showings classic juggy has a better force feild than thanos, a godblast couldent cut thru his sheild. but thanos does have some good feats involving his force feild, getting blasted from omega, and galactus and surviving is pretty impressive.
magneto force field would be a good match for thanos's sheild.

King Kandy
Then Thanos wins. With sufficient technoligy, he can access high-end cosmic powers, making him more then a match.

Galan777
Originally posted by King Kandy
Then Thanos wins. With sufficient technoligy, he can access high-end cosmic powers, making him more then a match. You think his tech would really make a forcefield greater then Juggs'?

Wally West
I think if Galactus exerted himself he could get through Juggernaut's forcefield, Omega could break it, someone with the power-gem might have a chance, and those are the levels of beings who have broken Thanos'....and Drax with his jobber aura.

I don't know if theres any direct comparison you can make to compare the two, but Cyttorak is above Thanos so I'll give Juggernaut's shields the benefit of the doubt.

Priest
Originally posted by Wally West
I think if Galactus exerted himself he could get through Juggernaut's forcefield, Omega could break it, someone with the power-gem might have a chance, and those are the levels of beings who have broken Thanos'....and Drax with his jobber aura.

I don't know if theres any direct comparison you can make to compare the two, but Cyttorak is above Thanos so I'll give Juggernaut's shields the benefit of the doubt.
i would agree

Soljer
Galactus could cut through it if he so wished.

Also, Thor's hammer still had enough power to TING the Juggernaut, where as Thanos stopped it dead. erm

Just some things to think about.

Priest
Originally posted by Soljer

Also, Thor's hammer still had enough power to TING the Juggernaut, where as Thanos stopped it dead. erm

it dident look like that thanos stoped it with his sheild.
I think he used his mental abilities or some other source of power to stop the mjionr

King Kandy
If Thanos had enough prep and tech, he could take Cytorrak.

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest
it dident look like that thanos stoped it with his sheild.
I think he used his mental abilities or some other source of power to stop the mjionr

It seemed like a shield to me - kind of like the one that he flattened the Fallen One on.

Perhaps I remember wrong.

Priest
It seemed like a shield to me - kind of like the one that he flattened the Fallen One on.

Perhaps I remember wrong.
hmm let me check, i think u maybe right erm

Priest
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor8uf.jpg
heres the scan, it does look like thanos is putting a barrier around a the mijinor, he probally can use the same tactic for protection of his ownself.
Yeah it could be clasified as a force feild. big grin

bigbran

Just some things to think about. Hey, that was something I was going to say.

Also, the only time his forcefield has really been shown, was when Thor broke through it! But his shields are invincible...

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
This is not a battle between these 2 characters, but rather a fight to see who's personal forcefield is stronger, and which one can withstand the most damage.

To be a little more fair, in this "battle" Thanos can access his technology to further shield himself.

What do you think?

thanos dead issue was good
juggy like the old days was bad ass

thanos mind is his asset, he wins

Ptr_Grifin

That is the problem with Juggernaut's force field. In that issue it wasn't visible. Juggernaut even took the Godblast to the chest. In the other two issues it was shown, it was a visible field. It was around 1-2 feet away from his body. In Spider-man it was yellow, while in the second Thor fight it was red.

leonidas
i never really had the impression that galactus was a much more powerful than cyttorak, so, while i think he COULD overcome jugg's shield, i'd say it would be harder for him to break. he did exert some power to take out thanos's shield but i'd give it to juggs.

we DID see celestial tech prove>cyttorak's power though, so i guess it may depend on how you look at g in relation to the celestials . . .

Evangel94
Anyone who is skyfather and above can break Juggernaut's forcefield because it's only a skyfather level enchantment.

Thano's forcefield, while not magically based, has shown to be able to withstand greater punishment than anything Juggernaut has faced.

Juggernaut has withstood:
1. Thor's Godblast

Thano's has withstood:
1. Multiple blasts from Odin and concentrated blasts enhanced by Guginir
2. Galactus
3. Omega

With that in mind, I'm going to say that although we haven't seen the Juggernaut's forcefield fail, we've only seen it at most take the Godblast. Thano's forcefields have been shown to take much more.

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by leonidas
we DID see celestial tech prove>cyttorak's power though, so i guess it may depend on how you look at g in relation to the celestials . . .

That doesn't prove that celestial tech is > Cyttorak's power. It just proves with enough of it, it can stop Juggernaut. Juggs wasn't injured at all in that fight. I would say his durability is far greater than his forward momentum field. Although that was crap that he was stopped.

KillAll
he wasnt physically stopped... war hulks energy negated juggernauts... the tech only allowed hulk to harness that energy. the celestial tech didnt actually stop juggernaut either. just like hulk didnt.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is it Thanos force fields that take so much dmg or his Durability? I thought it was his durability. He doesn't use his Fields all the time does he? Juggs is always on right? tho I think they both have a combine of FF's and Durability going for them. Thano's field is prolly stronger and Juggs Durability is prolly stronger.

Evangel94
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Is it Thanos force fields that take so much dmg or his Durability? I thought it was his durability. He doesn't use his Fields all the time does he? Juggs is always on right? tho I think they both have a combine of FF's and Durability going for them. Thano's field is prolly stronger and Juggs Durability is prolly stronger.

It's both. His forcefields are very strong and able to protect him from a full force blast from Galactus. His natural durability is waaaay up there. Combine both of them and then you have one of the most durable non-skyfather beings.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
It's both. His forcefields are very strong and able to protect him from a full force blast from Galactus. His natural durability is waaaay up there. Combine both of them and then you have one of the most durable non-skyfather beings.

His force field is waaaaay beyond his durability if you ask me. He knew this. This is why he put it up against Big G and made Big G expend himself. Without it, That same energy big G put out would have hurt him bad. I'd give juggs the edge in actual durability as Cyttorak is above Thanos. But Thanos shields are far superior to jugs inertia fields.

TethAdamTheRock
Bump

golem370
I thought Juggernaut withstood a blast from Eternity?

h1a8
Juggs easily. His feats are greater.

apex_pretador
What is the best thing Juggernaut's "force field" (if there is such a thing) have survived? I know he has tanked a godblast, I want better things like some galactus level feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.