Shi'ar Imperial Guard vs Green Lantern Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
Shi'ar Imperial Guard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Imperial_Guard_members

vs

GL Corps

Galan777
Originally posted by Starhawk
Shi'ar Imperial Guard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Imperial_Guard_members

vs

GL Corps The Shi'ar get completely pwned.

Especially since Ion is still considered a GL shifty

Mace Skywalker
Heh, especially with Kyle, Ion there, its a wrap. Your putting the Shi'ar up against 7200 Lanterns? Even though some of the Poozers are Rookies, it really wont matter with that many rign slingers.

Starhawk
Okay Minus Ion.

And the Guard has pretty heavy hitters.

Oracle could mess with their minds and keep them from focusing their will.

Galan777
Okay Minus Ion.

And the Guard has pretty heavy hitters.

Oracle could mess with their minds and keep them from focusing their will. There are still 7,200 GL's, and among those are:

Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Kilowog
John Stewart
Guy Gardner

and many many more

The Shi'ar would loose in so many ways its not even funny...

Mace Skywalker
I dont think theres anyone that could keep Hal Jordan from focusing his will, lol. Kidding, btu anyway, 7200 is a big number, maybe if there were less lanterns, i mean thats just too many, even for the Shi'ar. If they had Vulcan with them there,a nd maybe Prof. X as a honerary, then maybe.

norrinradd43
shi'ar looses as soon as the Green Lanter corps makes Gladiator doubt himself which they inevitably would...they only weakness of the GL corp is the ring has something against killing dosent it?

grey fox
The Shi'ar get pounded into the ground .

Their secret weapon is a mcfuggin purple skinned , mohawked , confidence driven super-rip off .

Hal can just create an image of Glads wetting himself and suddenly he's a powerful as your average person.

Starhawk
Since when does Gladiator doubt himself? His greatest weapon is his ego.

Mace Skywalker
Yes, GL's are not supposed to Kill. I wouldnt call it a total weakness. You can get around it, not that any of the major GL's would stoop to that level to win a fight.

Galan777
The entire Shi'ar Imperial Guard was completely dismanteled by Vulcan, if he wouldn't have lost to Gladiator, he would have beaten the entire Shi'ar empire by himself...

So if 1 person can nearly defeat the Imperial Guard, then it would be no problem for the entire GL corps to accomplish such a task.

grey fox
Since when does Gladiator doubt himself? His greatest weapon is his ego.

When his entire team is taken out by one person who's wielding what appears to be a crackerjack toy.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan777
The entire Shi'ar Imperial Guard was completely dismanteled by Vulcan, if he wouldn't have lost to Gladiator, he would have beaten the entire Shi'ar by himself...

So if 1 person can nearly defeat the Imperial Guard, then it would be no problem for the entire GL corps to accomplish such a task.

But Galan , Vulcan is connected to Scott whom is connected to Jean and the Phoenix-Jobber-Bullshit aura seems to whore itself out to any one who's even been NEAR the damn family.

Newjak
In reality none of the Imperial Guard besides Glads has ever really done anything that impressive in fact the only reason the Imperial Guard is worth anything at times is becuase of Gladiator.

Galan777
Originally posted by grey fox
But Galan , Vulcan is connected to Scott whom is connected to Jean and the Phoenix-Jobber-Bullshit aura seems to whore itself out to any one who's even been NEAR the damn family. laughing out loud too true, but 1 person still did it....

The GL's would pick those little bastards apart evillaugh

Soljer
*laughs his ass off*

One or TWO Green Lanterns vs the Guard would be a better match.

Validus
I still haven't seen the Guard do anything impressive. Some of them have nice powers and look good on paper but it usually amounts to nothing.

If Vulcan can dismantle them, a Hal/Kyle/Kilowog level GL is going to have a field day and Rayner doesn't even need his Ion power.

juggernaut66666
Vulcan alone smoked atleast 70-80 % of the Imperial Guard.
Imagine what Hal could do to them

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
I still haven't seen the Guard do anything impressive. Some of them have nice powers and look good on paper but it usually amounts to nothing.

If Vulcan can dismantle them, a Hal/Kyle/Kilowog level GL is going to have a field day and Rayner doesn't even need his Ion power.

To be honest the most impressive thing I've seen Glads do (Because we all know Glads IS pretty much the guard) is punch a PF users head off.

Validus
Gladiator has impressive stuff. The Phoenix bit, planet destroying, stalemating Supreme in a crossover, one shotting Binary, practically two shotting Thor, and breaking Hyperion's neck. He's in the general Superman area when not jobbing.

ExtraMision5555
still, this is mroe like gladiator vs the GL corps
not that the shi ar is worthless, its just, thiers too many GL's
and amongst them are those extremely talented ones

Starhawk
I think the ones the GL have to worry about most are
Galdiator
Oracle
Pulsar
Electron

And keep in mind Binary was with them for awhile and Cerise from Excalibur.

Validus
There's really nobody they need to worry about with such a numbers advantage. 7200 vs what? 2 dozen? Each Guard member is getting swarmed by a couple hundred Lanterns.

Stupid Rookie
The guard is overrated. How the most powerful empire in the universe has such crappy defenders I will never know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.