electrokinetics vs magnetickinetics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
electrokinetics
electro, storm, livewire(superman tas and new comic) black falcon

magnetickinetics
magneto, joseph, polaris

which ability is better

rox
bump

Turtlethomas
why are so many people writing bump after they have posted??

golem370
I would think people like Magneto could controll people like Livewire so I say Magnetickinetics

Mace Skywalker
It really depends n the charater i guess.

Galan777
Originally posted by rox
electrokinetics
electro, storm, livewire(superman tas and new comic) black falcon

magnetickinetics
magneto, joseph, polaris

which ability is better I believe that Magneto can manipulate the electrokinetic spectrum as well.

So he could take the others

King Kandy
They have roughley equal powers... But the magnet guys certainly display more creativity in using theirs.

Mace Skywalker
Originally posted by Galan777
I believe that Magneto can manipulate the electrokinetic spectrum as well.

So he could take the others

Electro has been known to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum as well. Just saying. Not as well as Magneto or as high a level as Mags can go, bu to a smaller degree.

Grimm22
Magneto > All these guys no expression

rox
Originally posted by King Kandy
They have roughley equal powers... But the magnet guys certainly display more creativity in using theirs.

i was wondering would they cancel out each other like storm and mags in tas

Galan777
Originally posted by rox
i was wondering would they cancel out each other like storm and mags in tas Mags>Storm

rox
mags can't be that strong otherwise he would be an omega

lando005
just wondering but didnt mags used to have a lot of trouble manipulating energies other than magnetics for a long time? now he can control the entire electormangnetic with ease, what happend?

rotiart
Originally posted by rox
bump

Threads are shown in order of newest replies. When you bump a thread, you are bringing that thread to the front of list so people will see it and have a chance to respond.

And I honestly have no idea. I wanna say magneto...
just cause he's rocked the entire electromagnetic spectrum before...

and Storm isn't really electricity... so much as weather control...

Swanky-Tuna
It's hard to say which is better really. With a little creative writing, either power can spread into flat out energy manipulation. For those characters, it'd probably go to the magnetics.

Originally posted by rox
mags can't be that strong otherwise he would be an omega
You'd think that, but they seem to keep him at obscenely high alpha.

rox
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It's hard to say which is better really. With a little creative writing, either power can spread into flat out energy manipulation. For those characters, it'd probably go to the magnetics.

You'd think that, but they seem to keep him at obscenely high alpha.

i wonder sometimes about magneto and professor x(especially since he is the most powerful psyhic in the world)

rox
Originally posted by rotiart
Threads are shown in order of newest replies. When you bump a thread, you are bringing that thread to the front of list so people will see it and have a chance to respond.

And I honestly have no idea. I wanna say magneto...
just cause he's rocked the entire electromagnetic spectrum before...

and Storm isn't really electricity... so much as weather control...

i know

ashroro
edit

Soljer
There is a reason that there is no longer an electrical and a magnetic fundamental force, but an electromagnetic one.

I'll let you infer what you will.

ashroro
can you enlighten me then Soljer?

Soljer
Originally posted by ashroro
can you enlighten me then Soljer?

You began described how magnetism simply would not be without electricity, did you not?

I'm simply saying that while you're correct, you're also mistaken. You see, magnetism would not exist without electicity, but likewise, electricity would not exist without magnetism. They are one and the same.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It seems that Magnokenesis is just a hier tier or better control of the same spectrum. Magnetics can do anything a ElectroKin can do. But I don't think Electro kins can do everything a magno kin can.

ashroro
Thanks Soljer, yeah I know that they are mutual. Maxwell showed that with his equations. I guess I am a little upset at the way electrokinetics are always waaaaay below their potential. Don't writers understand that they can control the electromagnetic spectrum also? LOL, i am sorry about that post earlier, I know about EM and everything, I just like Electrokinetics more. Somebody needs to write them to there full potential. Its a shame really.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It seems that Magnokenesis is just a hier tier or better control of the same spectrum. Magnetics can do anything a ElectroKin can do. But I don't think Electro kins can do everything a magno kin can.

no

Take a freshman level E&M class.

xmarksthespot
Magneto gives them a stroke. Closing...

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Magneto gives them a stroke. Closing...

Well, with respect to this thread, yeah, Magneto solos all of them.

In general? Electricity and Magnetism are indistinguishable.

ashroro
yo Soljer, are you a EE or CE by any chance?

Soljer
yo Soljer, are you a EE or CE by any chance?

Actually, right now I'm an undeclared undergrad. After this year, though, I'm gonna transfer out to a bigger school and probably double major in Chemical Engineering and Computer Science. With a focus in nanotechnology.

ashroro
Good luck to you man, I just got my BS in EEngineering. Its hard, but master that DiffeQ/math and physics, because you will need it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
no

Take a freshman level E&M class.

Take a "stop being an a$$ hole class" you dick. I basically said the same thing you did. They are one and the same. Magno kins just do it better. you freaking D1ck.I'm tired of you being a dick to me for no reason.

B dot Rob
Jenny Sparks kills all of them at the same time big grin

Soljer
Good luck to you man, I just got my BS in EEngineering. Its hard, but master that DiffeQ/math and physics, because you will need it.

No doubt, I've taken some Mechanics and E&M courses, and I've also gone through Calculus up to multivariates. I'll be taking differential equations in the spring, so I think I'll hopefully be able to manage.

Soljer
Take a "stop being an a$$ hole class" you dick. I basically said the same thing you did. They are one and the same. Magno kins just do it better. you freaking D1ck.I'm tired of you being a dick to me for no reason.

Calm yourself, no need to get upset, dearie.

You said that Electrokineticists could do something better than Magnetokineticists, or vice versa, I really can't be arsed to go look.

Regardless, the sheer discipline OF Electrokineticism IS Magnetokineticism and vice versa. Hence, as a DISCIPLINE, neither does anything better than the other.

Though the characters may be portrayed differently inside the comics.

EDIT: Also, your insults could use some work. Repeating 'dick' three times within the same few, simple sentences just isn't very effective.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Calm yourself, no need to get upset, dearie.

You said that Electrokineticists could do something better than Magnetokineticists, or vice versa, I really can't be arsed to go look.

Regardless, the sheer discipline OF Electrokineticism IS Magnetokineticism and vice versa. Hence, as a DISCIPLINE, neither does anything better than the other.

Though the characters may be portrayed differently inside the comics.
no what I said you dick, was that they are the same thing, but magnetics can do things that elektro kins cannot. OR at least that is how they are portrayed in comics. Your so busy looking to insult me that you aren't even really reading what i"m saying. chew bricks.

Soljer
no what I said you dick, was that they are the same thing, but magnetics can do things that elektro kins cannot. OR at least that is how they are portrayed in comics. Your so busy looking to insult me that you aren't even really reading what i"m saying. chew bricks.

Where did I insult you in this thread? You need to let your personal biases go, friend.

Magnetokineticists cannot do a THING that Electrokineticists could not also do.

As a discipline.

Regardless of how comics portray them - and that is what the thread was initially about, beyond the fighters he actually posted, he also requested:

And as abilities, they are equal.

ashroro
Cool, multivariables calculus is just vector cal right? how far did ya get in EMag so you are going to major in ChemE and minor in Computer Science, man good luck. What i would do is major in EE and minor in CE or minor in EE and major in CE, since they are basically the same except that CEs have to know CompSci as well as EE.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where did I insult you in this thread? You need to let your personal biases go, friend.

Magnetokineticists cannot do a THING that Electrokineticists could not also do.

As a discipline.

Regardless of how comics portray them - and that is what the thread was initially about, beyond the fighters he actually posted, he also requested:

And as abilities, they are equal.

They are not equal. Magneto can't rain down a lightning storm on a city and start fires every where. And cuz that kind of dmg. And storm can't lift up thousands of pounds of metal and move it every where. they are very different. Please just don't respond to any of my post. Your being a dick. and then pretending your not.

Soljer
Cool, multivariables calculus is just vector cal right? how far did ya get in EMag so you are going to major in ChemE and minor in Computer Science, man good luck. What i would do is major in EE and minor in CE or minor in EE and major in CE, since they are basically the same except that CEs have to know CompSci as well as EE.

Yeah, Multivariate Cal and Vector Cal are really similar, as far as EMag goes, it wasonly a sophmore level course, just trying to get some of my Req's outta the way before I go into my actual majors.

Yeah, I've considered doing Electrical and Computer engineering, but that would take me away from Nanotechnology, which I am really interested in, whereas A Chemical Engineering and Computer Science degree could be quite useful in a nanotech lab, wink.

Soljer
They are not equal. Magneto can't rain down a lightning storm on a city and start fires every where. And cuz that kind of dmg. And storm can't lift up thousands of pounds of metal and move it every where. they are very different. Please just don't respond to any of my post. Your being a dick. and then pretending your not.

Storm is not an electrokinetic. And I already mentioned that the comics may portray two users of the disciplines as different, but the disciplines themselves are VERY much one and the same.

ashroro
yeah you are right. Man, you had to take Emag for a requirement course? thats crazy, nothing to do with ChemE. Thats like me taking Thermodynamics.

To answer your question neverbeenwithagirl, magneto can cause lightning storms. To do this, all magneto has to do is generate a powerful magnetic field in the atmosphere. When he does this, the magnetic field will cause the charged particles(electrons) to flow, generating an Electrostatic field. If he directs the magnetic or chooses the correct magnetic field vector direction, that field will then induce an electric field vector direction towards the ground.
This electric field will produce lighting. Its simple EMag fields course. Electro can lift thousands of tons as well as magneto. It depends on how far they push their power.

rox
listening to some arguments it does seem that they r the same

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.