Silver Surfer vs. Infinity Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Blood Lust on.

Galan777
IM ftw

guy222
norrin loses

Bransolute
What has IM done, except stalemate Devilance?

Gecko4lif
silver surfer get raped and has little surflings

TricksterPriest
Infinity Man smokes the motha****a. cool

darthgoober
Isn't Infinity Man vulnerable to Radion?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by darthgoober
Isn't Infinity Man vulnerable to Radion?

Jesus H. Christ man. I only know of one instance of Radion ever being used, it's been tacitly retconned by this point.

TricksterPriest
I swear to god Goober, you're the only person on the entire forum who still brings up Radion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Jesus H. Christ man. I only know of one instance of Radion ever being used, it's been tacitly retconned by this point.
Are you talking about this one?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/415/jkfw2015bf9.th.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Are you talking about this one?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/415/jkfw2015bf9.th.jpg

I'm thinking of early in the original NG run. Some people fired Radion blasters at Orion.

He dropped a office building on them.

I'll see if I can find a scan.

As for IM, he could easily have been more concerned about Dreamer than himself. He's been shown to control energy before so I don't think he'd be worried about Radion all that much. Besides his power set is something like "I don't follow your world's rules."

Soljer
The Silver Surfer wins via Radion!

darthgoober
I'm thinking of early in the original NG run. Some people fired Radion blasters at Orion.

He dropped a office building on them.

I'll see if I can find a scan.
Cool.

As for IM, he could easily have been more concerned about Dreamer than himself. He's been shown to control energy before so I don't think he'd be worried about Radion all that much. Besides his power set is something like "I don't follow your world's rules."
Unless he's shown a particular resistance to it, we can't assume one exist because from what I understand it's supposed to be a weakness that ALL New Gods share. It seems similar to assuming that some Kryptonian is immune to K-nite or a Daximite immune to lead just because no one's tried it before...

Symmetric Chaos
Here we go. The first mention of Radion:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/NewGods1-14.jpg

It doesn't seem that the radiation is inherently dangerous (it's not like K-nite) it is simply capable of hurting them more easily and permanently than other things.

darthgoober
Here we go. The first mention of Radion:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/NewGods1-14.jpg

It's not an Achilles heel it's just something that Kirby made the NewGods not immortal against. Kinda like a vampire and a wooden stake to the heart.
I don't know Orion acted pretty scared of the stuff in that scan...

Soljer

It's not an Achilles heel kinda like a vampire and a wooden stake to the heart.

Wait, what?

Symmetric Chaos
Unless he's shown a particular resistance to it, we can't assume one exist because from what I understand it's supposed to be a weakness that ALL New Gods share. It seems similar to assuming that some Kryptonian is immune to K-nite or a Daximite immune to lead just because no one's tried it before...

But if he could just turn it aside with a wave of his hand it wouldn't be a very dangerous weakness.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Wait, what?

laughing out loud As opposed to garlic or a cross. I edited for a reason.

What I mean is: just being around it doesn't seem to hurt them.

I don't know Orion acted pretty scared of the stuff in that scan...

He has no expression at all and is jumping toward the people shooting at him though.

EDIT: I see what you mean.

Soljer
laughing out loud As opposed to garlic or a cross. I edited for a reason.

What I mean is: just being around it doesn't seem to hurt them.

He has no expression at all and is jumping toward the people shooting at him though.

Oh, I didn't notice that you edited.

I was confused as hell for a moment.

darthgoober
But if he could just turn it aside with a wave of his hand it wouldn't be a very dangerous weakness.
If Supes dodges a K-nite blast or Ion dodges a lead bar then they're not very effective weaknesses either, it doesn't change the fact that they'd both be effective if they hit.

I'm not saying that Surfer wins right out of the gate via a single radion blast. I'm just pointing out that Surfer has a very viable shot of winning this eventually through weakness exploitation because everyone's always acting like he didn't have a chance in a match against IM. Hell I haven't even actually said that Surfer wins the majority...

batdude123
Surfer wins via a black hole in teh brain!!!

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Surfer wins via a black hole in teh brain!!!

Smartest thing I've ever seen you post. thumb up.

batdude123
Thanks. sad

Hazsekswthurmom
Im beats classic Mantis, whom would wipe his butt clean with any herald leveler.

batdude123
Fanboy!!!

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by batdude123
Fanboy!!! confused Well ugh.... Your face!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.