Black Panther vs Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
no prep time...BP finds Deadpool snooping around in Wakandan Jungle

Rewmac
DP

Galan777
Originally posted by Rewmac
DP thumb up

invisiblewoman
i'll have to agree DP ftw

ThePittman
deadpool

Soljer
I believe these two are nearly even as far as sheer skill goes.

But Deadpool has all the physique advantages (Even considering the Heart Herb).

And T'Challa could hardly put Deadpool down.

Priest
great characters, im leaqning towards DeadPool,healing factor makes the diffrence in this fight as usuall agaist other street level guys.
T'Challa can land some wins i belive.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Soljer
I believe these two are nearly even as far as sheer skill goes.

But Deadpool has all the physique advantages (Even considering the Heart Herb).

And T'Challa could hardly put Deadpool down.

I find myself disagreeing. Cat didn't seem to have much trouble with Deadpool, and while extremely skilled, he is only human. In the jungle Black Panther will already have a huge advantage, able to use the terrain for his benefit, since he is intimately familiar with it, and then there is still the boost he gets from the Heart Herb...

Of course we know Deadpool, and how unpredictable he is, but I still would give the advantage to BP, rather than DP.

StarsNeverFall7
Deadpool ftw.

Soljer
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I find myself disagreeing. Cat didn't seem to have much trouble with Deadpool, and while extremely skilled, he is only human. In the jungle Black Panther will already have a huge advantage, able to use the terrain for his benefit, since he is intimately familiar with it, and then there is still the boost he gets from the Heart Herb...

Of course we know Deadpool, and how unpredictable he is, but I still would give the advantage to BP, rather than DP.

Ohhh, too true, too true, the locale of the fight DOES Favor T'Challa. erm.

I don't really think the Cat fight qualifies as a very accurate depiction of Deadpool, to tell the truth. He was hero worshipping, AND was being used as comic relief - not being written seriously.

I remember a fight Deadpool and T'Challa had where they began discussing with each other their form. It seemed as if there was a general respect for one another, and that they were about on the same level.

Combine that with Deadpools more than peak human physical attributes (while the heart herb only really amps T'Challa TO peak human), AND with Deadpool's healing factor? I'd say Deadpool would take a good majority.

erm.

The Fake Macoy
A serious DP could take out BP more often than not assuming no prep. However, comic relief DP get's owned most of the time. Also, considering DP is a Cat fanboy, it's not surprise that he lost. If you're looking in awe at someone, you probably aren't going to be fighting them very hard.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
A serious DP could take out BP more often than not assuming no prep. However, comic relief DP get's owned most of the time. Also, considering DP is a Cat fanboy, it's not surprise that he lost. If you're looking in awe at someone, you probably aren't going to be fighting them very hard.

Agreed, the cat fight should not be used to measure dp as it was obvious he was drooling (similar to the spidey-cap fight, but more extreme in deadpools case) And yes in thier previous small bout, black panther and deadpool seemed somewhat even fighting wise, but truthfully, Dp's added arsenal, insane regen and physical superiorty should infact secure a win. Dp shuold win pertty much every time

Blind
Okay, totally deadpool. I tried to find the scan of where he pulls a gun or a knife on BP and Panther kicks it out of his hand. His super ADD kicks in, and he stands in awe at Black Panther's form. They started getting along ... it was kind of odd, to tell you the truth. Then panther got blasted by somebody.

But if Deadpool were being serious, he'd own Black Panther. Reguardless of location.

But, I do say this as a deadpool fanboy. What can I say? I laugh too hard to not like him.

TricksterPriest
Super ADD. Lol. laughing Shen Kuei said he was honored to fight Deadpool, but that he was uncertain he would survive a 2nd encounter, or vice-versa. So, Shen Kuei considers DP his equal. I feel I should point out that he's considered to cured of his super ADD at this point, since Cable burned himself out fixing the gaps in his mind and memories in Cable&Deadpool. NOTE: Squirrel Girl DOES NOT count. That ***** has beaten Thanos, Dr. Doom and countless others, in possibly the greatest cases of PIS of all time. Hell, DP was winning against the young avengers until Cable showed up. And that was while trying not to kill or cripple anybody. So I think he skewers T'challa.

Dreampanther
Okay, so let's see: If I am understanding everybody correctly, there is a general consensus that:

Deadpool and Black Panther are just about even in terms of skill.
Deadpool has a slight advantage in terms of speed, strength, agility and endurance - but a SLIGHT advantage, not an insurmountable advantage.
Deadpool also has guns and grenades, I am assuming.

Therefore, it seems, he has ALL the advantages.

But...

Let me just point out a few things in support of Black Panther here:

1. His senses. Black Panther will be able to smell or hear Deadpool long before Deadpool is even aware that BP is in the area. And DP is in the jungle, which is BP's home - he is intimately familiar with the terrain. Bp can therefore sneak up on DP, and follow him, undetected, for as long as he wishes. Yes, I am arguing that BP WILL be able to get as close to DP as he wants to, without DP detecting him.

BP will also be able to set traps and use the environment to his advantage, to get the edge on DP.

2. BP can see in the dark. So, once he has detected DP, by smelling him or hearing him, sneaked up on him using his familiarity with the terrain and observed him for a few hours, he then only has to wait for the dark - and then ALL the advantages will be his.

How do you shoot or blow up or slice or punch somebody you can't see, or hear, or smell?

OK, OK, we all know Deadpool is a trained merc, and has obviously spent some time in the jungle. But that is like saying Deadpool has spent some time swimming and then pitting him against a great white.

If this wasn't the jungle, I would give the edge to DP. But it is. Therefore, I am arguing, the odds are not just even, but actually in BP's favour, that he will be able to take DP out.

So, what do you guys say now?

SpunkySmurph
I'm torn here. erm

IMO, DP has the skills, HF and physical advantage

But BP has the environment, and equipment advantages

Are we assuming that DP's main form of harming BP will be via grenades?

srankmissingnin
But that only insures that BP hits Pool first Dreampanther. In the scheme of this things that doesn't matter... especially considering who he is fighting he would likely land the first hit in an open combat display. The jungle only comes into play at the beginning of the fight or if BP decides to use hit and run tactics. Either way he is bound to take some hit's eventually where as DP's healing factor will compensate for what ever Panther throws at him. I say Pool simply out lasts Panther.

Dreampanther
A ha. But getting that first hit might be all that BP needs. Say he decides DP is a threat, and should be eliminated. All he has to do is arrange a convenient rockslide, or get a pit dug, or smear some poison on an arrow and let fly...

My argument is that yes, DP might have a slight physical edge, but BP has a huge edge in that he never even has to get involved in a physcal altercation with DP - which he wouldn't want to, anyway, since DP has grenades and guns.

Look, if it gets close, like I have said before, in a different thread, DP can win easily, in any of a dozen ways. The simplest being simply grabbing BP, pulling a pin on a grenade, and holding on. Then, once his healing factor has restored him, he simply gets up and walk away.

However, since I am arguing for Black Panther here, I am pointing out that BP never has to get close to DP. And in fact, I see no sense in him getting close enough to DP to give him any advantage. All he has to do is observe undetected and wait for his opportunity, which he will recognise thanks to his familiarity with the terrain.

He can set a false trail, and while DP is tracking him close to the edge of a cliff, he can start a stampede and have him run over the edge of a cliff. Then, while DP is recovering, he can slide down a rope and go cut his throat. Or pile boulders on him until he is buried beneath twenty tons.

Like I said before, he can use poison or a tranquilliser on a dart, and hit DP from cover.

DP has an advantage in a physical confrontation - but BP should never let it get to that. Why should he? DP can't do anything to him in the jungle, as BP might as well be a ghost in there. He is to all intents invisible and undetectable in the jungle.

While DP, to all intents and purposes, no matter how good his jungle training was, might as well have a brass band following him around and a neon sign floating overhead saying "Here I am!"

So, my argument remains: In the jungle, BP has the advantage - a HUGE advantage, and I would say about 8/10 times the confrontation would be resolved in BP's favour (and I am only giving the 2 to DP because of his Healing Factor and his unpredictability).

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dreampanther
A ha. But getting that first hit might be all that BP needs. Say he decides DP is a threat, and should be eliminated. All he has to do is arrange a convenient rockslide, or get a pit dug, or smear some poison on an arrow and let fly...

My argument is that yes, DP might have a slight physical edge, but BP has a huge edge in that he never even has to get involved in a physcal altercation with DP - which he wouldn't want to, anyway, since DP has grenades and guns.

Look, if it gets close, like I have said before, in a different thread, DP can win easily, in any of a dozen ways. The simplest being simply grabbing BP, pulling a pin on a grenade, and holding on. Then, once his healing factor has restored him, he simply gets up and walk away.

However, since I am arguing for Black Panther here, I am pointing out that BP never has to get close to DP. And in fact, I see no sense in him getting close enough to DP to give him any advantage. All he has to do is observe undetected and wait for his opportunity, which he will recognise thanks to his familiarity with the terrain.

He can set a false trail, and while DP is tracking him close to the edge of a cliff, he can start a stampede and have him run over the edge of a cliff. Then, while DP is recovering, he can slide down a rope and go cut his throat. Or pile boulders on him until he is buried beneath twenty tons.

Like I said before, he can use poison or a tranquilliser on a dart, and hit DP from cover.

DP has an advantage in a physical confrontation - but BP should never let it get to that. Why should he? DP can't do anything to him in the jungle, as BP might as well be a ghost in there. He is to all intents invisible and undetectable in the jungle.

While DP, to all intents and purposes, no matter how good his jungle training was, might as well have a brass band following him around and a neon sign floating overhead saying "Here I am!"

So, my argument remains: In the jungle, BP has the advantage - a HUGE advantage, and I would say about 8/10 times the confrontation would be resolved in BP's favour (and I am only giving the 2 to DP because of his Healing Factor and his unpredictability).

Duh. I didn't even think about Panther setting up traps and things of the like. embarrasment

StarsNeverFall7
BP sneaks around smelling it up, looking for DP. Lets say HE DOES manage to hit DP with a poision dart, what good is it really going to do? Anyone remember Mister Sinister trying to poision DP whilst DP just told him that he thought the food was tangy? The poision isnt going to work and DP is far more willing to put himself into personal harm and pain to win a fight. So far though, we havnt heard on if he finds him and confronts him face to face, follows him, or the sing Aqua's barbie girl together. Face to face, DP takes the mass majority on this 8/10. If BP is allowed to follow, ill give it a 50/50...

Dreampanther
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
BP sneaks around smelling it up, looking for DP. Lets say HE DOES manage to hit DP with a poision dart, what good is it really going to do? Anyone remember Mister Sinister trying to poision DP whilst DP just told him that he thought the food was tangy? The poision isnt going to work and DP is far more willing to put himself into personal harm and pain to win a fight. So far though, we havnt heard on if he finds him and confronts him face to face, follows him, or the sing Aqua's barbie girl together. Face to face, DP takes the mass majority on this 8/10. If BP is allowed to follow, ill give it a 50/50...

In this argument you are ignoring the fact that Black Panther is for all intents and purposes invisible and undetectable until he wants to make his presence known. You are concentrating on one example I mentioned (darting DP with poison) and ignoring the other suggestions I made, namely digging a pit, starting an avalanche, initiating a stampede...

Plus, you are also ignoring the fact that BP can see in the dark, while DP has no such advantage that I know of.

I admitted earlier that if it gets to physical confrontation, DP will have the advantage. But you are ignoring the fact that it never has to come to a physical altercation.

What is to prevent BP from leading DP into a trap? He can lead him along a cliff, double back, start a rockslide, and then while DP is healing, he can slice his head off. And that is just the easiest example I can think of.

There is no way, NO WAY, that DP has the edge in this. BP has everything going for him. Remember, the scenario is that BP comes upon DP snooping around in his jungle. BP therefore has the element of surprise, plus he has intimate familiarity with the terrain.

DP is just another dangerous predator BP is hunting, and DP does not even have the advantages of jungle-honed senses.

I remain with my earlier statement: Advantage to BP 8/10. Nothing you suggested has made me revise my opinion. All you suggested was that DP would have a physical advantage, which I earlier admitted, while pointing out that BP never has to let it come to a confrontation, if he prefers not to.

StarsNeverFall7
Which I also stated, regarding to the first post. Is this a hand to hand fight, tracking and trying to take down, or a dance around the mulberry bush? All we have at the moment all we have is BP finds DP in his jungle, that alone really gives up no set way to analyze the fight or predict its outcome. Ill give BP his credit due if he was allowed to keep distance, along with DP's in a H2H encounter, but how do they meet and how does the fight initiate, without that we are just going back and forth about the same thing. One wins with distance, the other wins with a close H2H encounter.

Dreampanther
Well, actually, what I am arguing, is that DP CAN'T get any control over the encounter. Ideally, what he would like to do, is get up close and personal with BP - because that will give him the edge.

But the way I see it, is DP does not really stand much of a chance. BP can dance around him while he plots strategy, and time is on his side. He can stay invisible until he chooses to pounce (and no, I don't mean literally - I mean some sort of attack, as I discussed before) and should the attack go awry, he can disappear again in the blink of an eye. And start working on another attack.

If he attacks in the dark, DP is doubly at a disadvantage, because BP has all his enhanced senses, including night vision, while DP has nothing comparable.

So I am stating the following things, which I believe turns the confrontation betwee the two in BP's favour:

1: BP will detect DP before DP knows BP is there.
2: BP will remain undetected for as long as he chooses.
3: BP can attack at any time, in any way, that gives him the most advantage, as DP will not even know he is there.
4: BP's familiarity with the terrain gives him plenty of weapons to use, such as rock slides, floods, forest fires, fire ants, elephants, lions, poisonous snakes, scorpions and spiders, traps like pits that filled with spikes, etc., etc...
5: DP is not invulnerable, and while he has a healing factor, he can be knocked out for long enough for BP to take advantage of that - for instance, as DP is walking through the jungle, a tree falls on him, and while he is trapped underneath the tree, BP walks up and slices his head off.

Now, what can DP do to get the advantage here?

don't shiv
300. Frank Miller
Gideon Old Testament

same scenario, DP is stronger.
BP is smarter has the terrain and cloaking capability which enables him to implement hit and run/bash and dash/ smash and grab/ guerilla warfare tactics.

Mohammed Ali vs George Foreman/ Sonny Liston.

Black Panther 8/10

Dreampanther
Originally posted by don't shiv
300. Frank Miller
Gideon Old Testament

same scenario, DP is stronger.
BP is smarter has the terrain and cloaking capability which enables him to implement hit and run/bash and dash/ smash and grab/ guerilla warfare tactics.

Mohammed Ali vs George Foreman/ Sonny Liston.

Black Panther 8/10

That's what I'm saying!

"Float like a butterfly, sting like motherf..."

Blind
I believe the way this started was suggesting that they just sort of ran into each other. BP setting traps doesn't work, simply because he did not set them specifically for him. If he can lure him into traps that were already set for intruders, then the trap arguement may work... but this sounds like Deadpool was sent to the same jungle, looking for somebody, and just happened to run into Black Panther who happened to be out in the jungle at the same time. SO... with that in mind, you have to give it to Deadpool. There is no prep. And without prep, Deadpool is one of the best fighters, simply because he carries so many weapons and is almost always ready for a fight. Especially since he was there in the jungle, apparantly already planning to kill someone.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Blind
I believe the way this started was suggesting that they just sort of ran into each other. BP setting traps doesn't work, simply because he did not set them specifically for him. If he can lure him into traps that were already set for intruders, then the trap arguement may work... but this sounds like Deadpool was sent to the same jungle, looking for somebody, and just happened to run into Black Panther who happened to be out in the jungle at the same time. SO... with that in mind, you have to give it to Deadpool. There is no prep. And without prep, Deadpool is one of the best fighters, simply because he carries so many weapons and is almost always ready for a fight. Especially since he was there in the jungle, apparantly already planning to kill someone.

I was going to bring this up actually and im glad you did. Yes, it is in the jungle, but this essentialy means its on "home court" per say, for Black Panther. BUt it is simply that, as it was not specified that black panther had the pre-emptive. Perhaps deadpool could be lured into preset traps (like you said) but as it stands this is more like a, "Deadpools in the jungle and happens to run into black panther" and with that in mind, Black panther isint going to have as much leverage as he would if he had the pre-emptive. So for the MOST part, it is a straight fight, but black panther could infact employ some sort of jungle advantage. Regardless, more often than not deadpool is going to handle business, which would in turn mean handling Black Panther

StarsNeverFall7
Thats what I tried to bring up before, the first post doesnt state much about how the fight begins, just that DP is in the Wakanda jungle and BP finds him. Doesnt give much detail of how their fight begins, different terrains, traps, etc. So it leaves it hard to say how the fight will outcome..

Darth Vegas
Black Panther FTW.

All that had to be said was "in Wakandan Jungle."

Apolloknight
Originally posted by norrinradd43
no prep time...BP finds Deadpool snooping around in Wakandan Jungle

Wakandian Jungle eh....

BP 10/10

don't shiv
in Black Panther 19 Doom reveals The African is superior to the Caucasian as a physical specimen. Wade is enhanced Caucasian T'Challa is enhanced peak African.

speed equal
strength Deadpool
Arsenal Deadpool
sensory perception Black Panther
Sheer intelligence and ability to multi-task, innovate and think on the fly... Panther.
H2H equals
Defense: Wade has healing factor, T'Challa has vibranium microweave armour
Territorial Advantage Panther , the jungle is his element.

StarsNeverFall7
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superherovandal
thats the racist trash of Hudlin speaking so i wouldn't put much in it. He makes Doom seem like a racist even though he has never shown racist tendencies.

StarsNeverFall7
That was my thought exactly, but I figured the rolling eyes would be better off posting...

don't shiv
I know guys.... Doom is so out of character in BP 19 its embarresing.

as for the PIS if doom can protect himself from an em pulse surely the doombots have a simillar defense

Blind
http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool044215rx.jpg

Dreampanther
http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool044215rx.jpg

Ha ha - WICKED! eek!

What happens in the rest of that scene? And what comic is that from? Do you have any more scans? BP and DP, two of my favourite characters, together... AWESOME! Happy Dance

PS quote: (post)

I don't agree.

I don't think the fight can be given to Deadpool so easily. In any encounter between the two of them in the Wakanda jungle, BP is gonna have the edge, because of his superior senses. He can smell Wade, and hear him, long before Wade will know he is there. You say they just sort of run into each other.

But if BP is on patrol, he knows there are dozens of lethal predators out, and he is wary ALL THE TIME. That means he stops, and smells, and looks - just like a real black panther would.

He doesn't just HAPPEN upon DP. DP is in his jungle, and BP finds him there. That already gives BP the edge. As for traps - BP might not have set traps against DP specifically, but do you actually believe BP has left the entire Wakanada nation defenceless, with no provision made for exactly this kind of infiltration?

You say there is no prep. But I say BP has all the time in the world for prep, because he can observe DP for as long as he wants to, without DP knowing he is there. And if BP waits for the dark, as I've stated before, he has even more of an advantage.

In the jungle, BP can disappear in the blink of an eye. DP, while a great fighter, and probably with some jungle training, is still like an infant compared to BP in the jungle.

You say that it will come down to a straight fight, and that therefore DP will win.

I say BP will take out DP before DP ever knew he was there.

golem370
What about Deadpool's immortal and has teleportation

Deadpool- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Deadpool

vs

Black Panther- http://www.marveldatabase.com/Black_Panther_%28T%27Challa%29

Blind
Yeah but Deadpool's no slouch. He beat Taskmaster for crying out loud - and I don't think that was plot induced stupidity, because if you see the fight, it was actually pretty smart thinking on DP's side. Even if Black Panther came up and saw him first, like the thread starter suggests, it's kind of moot when, unless Panther started the fight by cutting off Wade's head, whatever he throws at him first, Deadpool can regenerate and keep coming.

Shoot, Deadpool regenerated from puke and stuff, and ultimately, if we're talking a fight to the DEATH... Deadpool can't die. Cursed with Life by Thanos. Thus, if they keep fighting until someone dies - then Panther goes down after a two week fight.

Dreampanther
Well sure - I can't argue with that! I totally agree - in a fight to the death, BP is royally screwed. yes

Typhus
Now a fight to the Death between Deadpool and Black Panther would be a badass fight to see. BP striking hard and fast from the shadows, and DP trying to obliterate the shadows with the arsenal he brought with him.

Ultimately though, yeah DP would win cause of the whole Thanos/Death thing, but not before Panther gave him one hell of a fight.

I'd say Black Panther had a chance if he trapped DP with virbranium or something, but I've got one reply for that: Body-slide.

ExtraMision5555
someone just made a dp vs bp therad, although, the variables here SEEM a bit different.. as i stated a few pages back
a bit ambiguous though

StarsNeverFall7
DP just beat Taskmaster again, with hands and feet both cuffed..

ExtraMision5555

yep

too bad cable and deadpool right now is kinda :/

was a really good comic
now its startin to drift into ??

StarsNeverFall7
Couldn't tell ya, I still enjoy it but I've been spending my time catching on on the DP solo run..

Metalmanx

Scans please?

Soljer
I'd like scans too.

Not because I don't believe it - I've heard it several times, and I think I even saw the scans in another thread.

I just didn't think to save them. ....

TricksterPriest
I would love to see that fight. DP cuffed on all limbs, AND HE STILL BEATS TASKMASTER. I'm stoked just hearing about it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
T'Challa

Accel
Due to semi-popular request, here's the DP/TM fight.

(Absolutely no credit goes to me for the scans. These are all thanks to Thorion)

http://img154.imagevenue.com/loc312/th_17427_wilson1_122_312lo.jpghttp://img175.imagevenue.com/loc520/th_17432_wilson2_122_520lo.jpghttp://img20.imagevenue.com/loc477/th_17432_wilson3_122_477lo.jpghttp://img165.imagevenue.com/loc341/th_17453_wilson4_122_341lo.jpg
http://img160.imagevenue.com/loc531/th_17458_wilson5_122_531lo.jpghttp://img28.imagevenue.com/loc362/th_17467_wilson6_122_362lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc343/th_17472_wilson7_122_343lo.jpg

Accel
cont.

http://img173.imagevenue.com/loc389/th_17489_wilson8_122_389lo.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/loc462/th_17490_wilson9_122_462lo.jpghttp://img170.imagevenue.com/loc575/th_17498_wilson10_122_575lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc555/th_17522_wilson11_122_555lo.jpg

TricksterPriest
Wow............DEADPOOL IS THE MAN! eek!

ExtraMision5555
good fight

dp is raw

taskmaster is too

StarsNeverFall7
Yea I added them to the respect thread about a week ago, no one seems to notice them there. Not just beats him, pretty much hands him his ass...then Tasky just admits how good DP really is.

There's another story arc where DP is chosen as the messiah and Captain America is considered the second string if DP fails...

Dreampanther
Yeah - read that! It was brilliant! And thanks Thanks THANKS for the scans - awesome! eek!

srankmissingnin
More proof that retro fitted Taskmaster is a pussy... /cry

Bring back Udon Agent X Taskmaster, damnit!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Accel
cont.

http://img173.imagevenue.com/loc389/th_17489_wilson8_122_389lo.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/loc462/th_17490_wilson9_122_462lo.jpghttp://img170.imagevenue.com/loc575/th_17498_wilson10_122_575lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc555/th_17522_wilson11_122_555lo.jpg

Have DP's gloves always said 'Pool' on them, or was that an add on?

laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.