The Stranger vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Epic battle here between two Great powers, who wins?? Happy Dance

Galan777
Stranger

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan777
Stranger

Agreed Galan.

I can't see any type of Mental attack working, and although Onslaught is extremely strong and resourceful, he can't beat the stranger. The stranger is on the level of abstracts and high order beings like Galactus and the In Betweener, or Celestials.

Galan777
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I can't see any type of Mental attack working, and although Onslaught is extremely strong and resourceful, he can't beat the stranger. The stranger is on the level of abstracts and high order beings like Galactus and the In Betweener, or Celestials. I completely agree. thumb up

norrinradd43
Stranger had one weak showing that I can recall which was when he had to enlist the help of Hulk and Thing to fight Pluto...he really should not have needed their help...he Smashed the overmind though, is always in the company of LT, Glactus and Eternity types when it really hits the fan and is feared thoroughout the Universe

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Stranger had one weak showing that I can recall which was when he had to enlist the help of Hulk and Thing to fight Pluto...he really should not have needed their help...he Smashed the overmind though, is always in the company of LT, Glactus and Eternity types when it really hits the fan and is feared thoroughout the Universe

Yeah he has had some bad showings. Like when iceman froze his eye beams. Still you are right that he is always mentioned and seen with high level abstracts who wouldn't treat him kindly if he was some lowly being.

norrinradd43
lol, when did iceman freeze his eyebeams??

juggernaut66666
Stranger

Stupid Rookie

I can't remember the issue, but here is the scan.
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever6p268ua.jpg

Thank you juggernaut66666

juggernaut66666
X-men Forever Issue 6

celestialdemon
This should go to the Stranger. He's probably the most mistreated cosmic out there.

Galan777
I can't remember the issue, but here is the scan.
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever6p268ua.jpg I'm sorry, but it just dosen't get more rediculous then that confused

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Galan777
I'm sorry, but it just dosen't get more rediculous then that confused

Yeah I remember reading it and laughing.

Also I like Iceman and think at full potential he is very good, but come on. People use this scan as evidence for him being able to tangle with people he has no business messing with.

Galan777
People use this scan as evidence for him being able to tangle with people he has no business messing with. Exactly

norrinradd43
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in the history of Comics is that...616?...Stranger is definatly underused im my opinion also

bigbran
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in the history of Comics is that...616?...Stranger is definatly underused im my opinion also No, pre god Iceman beating up Oblivion beats that one handily.

Are we talking about the Stranger that can't even beat SS?

norrinradd43
Stranger handled SS other than some clever manuvering by Norrin in SS volume 1 #5

bigbran
Stranger handled SS other than some clever manuvering by Norrin in SS volume 1 #5 Ya, I just flipped through that book when I seen your post, and I don't think you want me to get the scans...

Lets just say that Stranger grew weary of the battle, and left the planet after he fought Surfer... Surfer wasn't even tired, and was ready to continue.

Thor Man
Onslaught.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, I just flipped through that book when I seen your post, and I don't think you want me to get the scans...

Lets just say that Stranger grew weary of the battle, and left the planet after he fought Surfer... Surfer wasn't even tired, and was ready to continue. yeah I will admit that the surfer got a few good licks in but definatly dont think stranger would have lost to him or to Onslaught for that matter Happy Dance

bigbran
yeah I will admit that the surfer got a few good licks in but definatly dont think stranger would have lost to him or to Onslaught for that matter Happy Dance Umm... all of the Surfer fights end in either a stalemate, or Surfer beats the bejeebers out of him.

darthgoober
Umm... all of the Surfer fights end in either a stalemate, or Surfer beats the bejeebers out of him.
Yeah but to be fair, MOST cosmic beings job to Surfer(that he fight's anyway). Galactus is the only one that has a consistently good record against him.

norrinradd43
Surfer has lost a few in his day...

I think the stranger has never been shown using his full abilities except in Infinity Gauntlet and maybe The End

bigbran
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but to be fair, MOST cosmic beings job to Surfer(that he fight's anyway). Galactus is the only one that has a consistently good record against him. Galactus has a perfect 1 shot record against him.
How many actual cosmics does Surfer fight, beside heralds, and Unilord.
Does Stranger have any good showings?

norrinradd43
Stranger beat The Overmind with no effort at all

Stupid Rookie
Ya, I just flipped through that book when I seen your post, and I don't think you want me to get the scans...

Lets just say that Stranger grew weary of the battle, and left the planet after he fought Surfer... Surfer wasn't even tired, and was ready to continue.

It seemd to me that humans proved worthy by their sacrifice and that is why he left.

All is all it was a good showing by Surfer, but I don't think he beat Stranger.

boriquaking55
Wasn't there a recent X-men arc where Stranger fights the X-men and gets taken down by Iceman of all people. He freezes his ice beams or some other gawd-aweful dumb sh1t. Gotta love x-titles, keepin' the PIS goin' since 1963

complexbrother
stranger all day .

guy222
stranger ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.