Beta Ray Bill vs. The Fantastic 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
No prep

No god blast

Badabing
Beta Ray Bill.

King_Mungi
Bill...gotta love the mini Stormbreaker. Planet SMASH! smile

Soljer
CAN Bill godblast? confused

I thought that was one of the few powers he DIDN'T have access to.

King_Mungi
Valid question, as of yet I don't believe he has done it on-panel. I have only recently started reading up on him since he will be the newest member of Omega Flight. smile

bigbran
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Valid question, as of yet I don't believe he has done it on-panel. I have only recently started reading up on him since he will be the newest member of Omega Flight. smile laughing

Anyway, Bill I think shot one at Fenris (not sure though), but still, he annihilates these Fantastic Four rip offs.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by bigbran
laughing

Anyway, Bill I think shot one at Fenris (not sure though), but still, he annihilates these Fantastic Four rip offs.

Whatever you know damn well you all will want to dry hump the power of Omega FLight when it comes out cool

Yeah he did, left him as a roasting skelton smile

norrinradd43
Yes Bill did take out Fenris with one blast...I dont know if it was a Godblast but it was a pretty nasty bolt of lightning...Bill takes the FF 9/10

Grimm22
Horse Thor ftw big grin

King_Mungi
Oh baby I can't wait to see what people Guardian, Beta Ray Bill and Talisman are going to be fighting smile Those three alone are uberly powerful. Go Omega Flight, gotta wonder what US Agent and Archane and the other secret members yet to be revealed will be doing when those three fight.

Omega-level
No prep? Beta Ray Bill 10/10.

rotiart
Oh baby I can't wait to see what people Guardian, Beta Ray Bill and Talisman are going to be fighting smile Those three alone are uberly powerful. Go Omega Flight, gotta wonder what US Agent and Archane and the other secret members yet to be revealed will be doing when those three fight.

US Agent changes his name to ... "The Canadian!"

"Canadian Intelligence Agent... or ... CIA for short!)

Validus
Isn't Omega Flight being written by Oeming? That guy writes everyone as extremely powerful. Probably a lot of feats coming.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Isn't Omega Flight being written by Oeming? That guy writes everyone as extremely powerful. Probably a lot of feats coming.

As well he should.

I enjoyed the fact that he while he wrote Bill as powerful, he let Stardust be shown/implied to be the more powerful of the two.

Too many writers nowadays would let the hero lose the first time, only to win the second match. Its pretty much formulaic now.

But imo, Stardust looked good both times he fought Bill, and more powerful the second time.

Validus
I would agree. Oeming certainly knows how to write a fight between two powerful characters without one of them appearing to do the job. Pretty rare these days. I pick up my Stormbreaker TPB every now and then just to read the Stardust/Bill fight.

UniOmni
Same here.

I reread the entire Superman Batman run, and they really did beat up on everybody in that series.

But i will say, that the characterisations of the main two were good.

Though i doubt Superman would want the entire who's who of DC Earth to turn up just to meet Supergirl.

He doesn't seem like the type for the fanfare, at least to me.

That, was probably the only out of character moment i remember.

But back to the topic, i really do look forward to Omega Flight.

O/T - Vally, did you get FF12 yet? And was it better than FF7 or FF8?

Validus
Recently I only had cash for one game and I picked Gears of War (excellent shooter). FF12, I'll likely snag as an Xmas gift. One of my buddies picked it up and said its one of the best FF games. I look forward to it. big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by UniOmni
Same here.

I reread the entire Superman Batman run, and they really did beat up on everybody in that series.

But i will say, that the characterisations of the main two were good.

Though i doubt Superman would want the entire who's who of DC Earth to turn up just to meet Supergirl.

He doesn't seem like the type for the fanfare, at least to me.

That, was probably the only out of character moment i remember.

But back to the topic, i really do look forward to Omega Flight.

O/T - Vally, did you get FF12 yet? And was it better than FF7 or FF8?

no expression...

The only thing better than FF7 is FF6.

That's the way it is, and that's the way it'll stay.

smile.

Validus
Nearly 10 years after the fact and I still don't understand the fascination with FF7. I enjoyed 8 much more.

Soljer
Nearly 10 years after the fact and I still don't understand the fascination with FF7. I enjoyed 8 much more.

Six is still the best, in my eyes. Nothing compares to six, even if it did have SNES-graphics. The story alone made it superior. Seven comes second, not a distant second, but not a close one, either. Eight wasn't bad, but the main charater seemed far too stereotypical and emo to me.

Eh, to each his own.

Validus
Squall was emo before emo was cool (read: lame). I didn't really mind it at all.

And FF8 still has the best opening cutscene ever in a videogame. big grin

Soljer
He may have been emo before emo was popular, but he definitely wasn't emo before emo sucked.

Emo ALWAYS sucked.

smile.

bigbran
Squall was emo before emo was cool (read: lame). I didn't really mind it at all.

And FF8 still has the best opening cutscene ever in a videogame. big grin That's his name?

I think I called him dickface or something like that.

Meh, I'm thinking about FF7.

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer
He may have been emo before emo was popular, but he definitely wasn't emo before emo sucked.

Emo ALWAYS sucked.

smile.
Perhaps. I might feel differently if I played the game today. I played FF8 back in the days when I was listening to Linkin Park. laughing out loud

I know Rinoa still holds up. big grin

Soljer
Perhaps. I might feel differently if I played the game today. I played FF8 back in the days when I was listening to Linkin Park. laughing out loud

That might explain a thing or two. wink.

UniOmni
Yeah, Squall and the blonde guy fighting with their gunblades was cool stuff.

Validus
Gimme a break. Junior High School wasn't fun. laughing out loud

rotiart

I got out of Linkin Park... then one day I needed some music for going to the gym... grabbed a bunch of my mp3's together one day 2-3 years ago... and suddenly... i'm back into linkin park...

I think they have some of the best gym workout music for getting me pumped up. At least for me. big grin

I bought ff7 first month... beat it in 1-2 months...
graduated from hs.
Bought ff8 first day. tried to play it between school and work.. played it off and on every other weekend until ff9 came out..
Bought ff9 first month. beat it within 2-3 months.. (time restraints with working and school)
picked up ff8 after i beat ff9... finally beat it for the first time about 5 months after ff9 came out...

due to time restraints/ gf/schoo/work... i only got to play videogames on the weekends for like 4-5 hours a week. And I got stuck at one boss in ff8 that had a color scheme that apparently at 18 yrs old I was too dumb too figure out... I could figure out calculus but not a color scheme boss. stick out tongue

Btw I think ff7 was the greatest ff game ever... but the best cutscenes.. emotionally gripping.. are found in ff8.

UniOmni
FF7 is overrated.

Cloud being the clone of Sephiroth, and being in love with his dead friend Zach, iirc? Ghey.

FF6 blows it out the water.
Celes>>> Tifa.
Terra>>> Aeris.
Locke>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud.
Sabin>>>>>Red the cat/dog thingy.
Garret>>>>Mog.

Thats the only thing i'll allow.

And FF9 was best out the ps1 branch.
Though Chrono Cross was the best game they ever made, imo.

Soljer
Originally posted by rotiart
I got out of Linkin Park... then one day I needed some music for going to the gym... grabbed a bunch of my mp3's together one day 2-3 years ago... and suddenly... i'm back into linkin park...

I think they have some of the best gym workout music for getting me pumped up. At least for me. big grin

I bought ff7 first month... beat it in 1-2 months...
graduated from hs.
Bought ff8 first day. tried to play it between school and work.. played it off and on every other weekend until ff9 came out..
Bought ff9 first month. beat it within 2-3 months.. (time restraints with working and school)
picked up ff8 after i beat ff9... finally beat it for the first time about 5 months after ff9 came out...

due to time restraints/ gf/schoo/work... i only got to play videogames on the weekends for like 4-5 hours a week. And I got stuck at one boss in ff8 that had a color scheme that apparently at 18 yrs old I was too dumb too figure out... I could figure out calculus but not a color scheme boss. stick out tongue

Btw I think ff7 was the greatest ff game ever... but the best cutscenes.. emotionally gripping.. are found in ff8.

Final Fantasy

SIX!

Bastard. What's the code for the angry face? :P.

EDIT: See, Uni got it. FF6, damnit!

Validus
Originally posted by rotiart
Yeah, I really liked the story and characters in FF8.

9 was really fun but I never got the chance to finish. I got so caught up in the PS2 launch hype, spending long hours playing SSX, that I just forgot about it.

Grimm22
Recently I only had cash for one game and I picked Gears of War (excellent shooter). FF12, I'll likely snag as an Xmas gift. One of my buddies picked it up and said its one of the best FF games. I look forward to it. big grin

Gears of War has consumed my life rolling on floor laughing

boriquaking55

And FF8 still has the best opening cutscene ever in a videogame. big grin

I agree, I thought FF8 was a fantastic and underrated game

Soujaboy
Bill...gotta love the mini Stormbreaker. Planet SMASH! smile

One of the best minis I've ever picked up.

Soljer
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I agree, I thought FF8 was a fantastic and underrated game

Underrated? It usually comes in second as far as "Best Final Fantasy ever" things go.

With Final Fantasy 7 as number 1 and 6 lost somewhere down the list...

Damn young'ns! Didn't even know Final Fantasies EXISTED before 3-D graphics. Six deserves a remake. Five was pretty damned good, too, though I'm not sure if I consider it better than seven.

Grimm22
Either way, FFX was horrible sick

The story was written by some lovestruck flamboyant fan fiction fanboy and who the hell uses a volleyball as a weapon?!?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Grimm22
Either way, FFX was horrible sick

The story was written by some lovestruck flamboyant fan fiction fanboy and who the hell uses a volleyball as a weapon?!?

No the F4 are horrible, FFX was great. wink

norrinradd43
Six is still the best, in my eyes. Nothing compares to six, even if it did have SNES-graphics. The story alone made it superior. Seven comes second, not a distant second, but not a close one, either. Eight wasn't bad, but the main charater seemed far too stereotypical and emo to me.

Eh, to each his own. I most cretainly Agree that FF6(FF3 SNES) was the best story...that game went on forever...I can still play it to to this day and not get bored

Soljer
Originally posted by norrinradd43
I most cretainly Agree that FF6(FF3 SNES) was the best story...that game went on forever...I can still play it to to this day and not get bored

Not to mention how there was NO main character, it had the biggest cast of any Final Fantasy game to date, you actually played the game PAST the apocalypse, and Kefka was a hell of a villain.

Soujaboy
Not to mention how there was NO main character, it had the biggest cast of any Final Fantasy game to date, you actually played the game PAST the apocalypse, and Kefka was a hell of a villain.

Have you played the new f4 on Ps2?

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Have you played the new f4 on Ps2?

F4? Fantastic Four? confused

Soujaboy
F4? Fantastic Four? confused

I meant FF embarrasment

King_Mungi

haha yep, the same man who wrote Blood Oath and Stormbreaker: Saga ofBeta Ray Bill. So Alpha Flight...errr Omega will continue on battling skyfathers :P What I don't get is why the hell are they calling themselves Omega Flight? Omega Flight were villians that Alpha Flight used to always beat.

One of the best minis I've ever picked up.

It's awesome, love how the Korbinks perceived Galactus. However the last issue of the series really was out there, all most like it was done by another writer

Grimm22
No the F4 are horrible, FFX was great. wink

Oh go suck on a pine cone you flamboyant pony mad stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Oh go suck on a pine cone you flamboyant pony mad stick out tongue

He's telling the truth - at least the first part.

FFX? Ehh...

But F4? UGH.

bigbran
haha yep, the same man who wrote Blood Oath and Stormbreaker: Saga ofBeta Ray Bill. So Alpha Flight...errr Omega will continue on battling skyfathers :P What I don't get is why the hell are they calling themselves Omega Flight? Omega Flight were villians that Alpha Flight used to always beat.
The sweet thing will be if they actually write Beta right.
If that is the case, then he would basically be above Thor (or seemingly), and he would do more than what-ever-the-hell they had Thor do on the Avengers.

draxx_tOfU
Am I the only one in the world who thinks that FF8 is the best FF installment ever?

Squall>>>Cloud smokin'

Next comes FFX, then 7, then 6

Soljer
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Am I the only one in the world who thinks that FF8 is the best FF installment ever?

Squall>>>Cloud smokin'

Next comes FFX, then 7, then 6

Yes. You are.

Six is the best, Seven is second (maybe five deserves second...), eight and ten are somewhere down the line.

rotiart
Yes. You are.

Six is the best, Seven is second (maybe five deserves second...), eight and ten are somewhere down the line.

Never played 1-6... but i've heard that if you played it, its the greatest ff ever...

i've played only 7-10... and i'd say
VII
VIII
IX
X
x-2

in that order of how much i liked the games. I'm actually not a big fan of MMORPG's. I don't like how most fights are hit and run away. Turn-based fights are the best. Like in Temple of Elemental Evil from Atari...

draxx_tOfU
Sadly, in terms of sales, Top dog is 7, then 10, then 8...

cant wait to play FF12...

I still think 8 trumps 7... big grin

Soujaboy

It's awesome, love how the Korbinks perceived Galactus. However the last issue of the series really was out there, all most like it was done by another writer

Micheal Avon Oeming and Dan Berman also wrote Thor Ragnarok which was the best parting story for a character I've ever read. Great writers, I wish they would write the new Thor ongoing, they would be much better than this J Mike guy he's writing it.

Yea I'm picking Omega Flight up just to see what he brings to the table.

It really was great, the story, fights, art(Bill's grear at the end of the series was great), etc, were just phenominal. I mean Bill's battle with Stardust was one of the best fights I've seen in a while.

The last issue was alright, it basically just explained the end battle and how Bill was resurrected.

Great mini none the less.

King_Mungi
Micheal Avon Oeming and Dan Berman also wrote Thor Ragnarok which was the best parting story for a character I've ever read. Great writers, I wish they would write the new Thor ongoing, they would be much better than this J Mike guy he's writing it.

Yea I'm picking Omega Flight up just to see what he brings to the table.

It really was great, the story, fights, art(Bill's grear at the end of the series was great), etc, were just phenominal. I mean Bill's battle with Stardust was one of the best fights I've seen in a while.

The last issue was alright, it basically just explained the end battle and how Bill was resurrected.

Great mini none the less.

Oh wow I completly forgot he wrote that

As he stated an interview and I have personally talked to him since he goes to this Alpha Flight board and asks for our opinions is the story is basically going to be majorly mystical based. No Mole Man characters.

Yeah I loved the mini

I know but it was all cosmic and then basically went streetbased and after fighting Stardust he fought....the Boar? yesh! big difference

Soujaboy
Oh wow I completly forgot he wrote that

As he stated an interview and I have personally talked to him since he goes to this Alpha Flight board and asks for our opinions is the story is basically going to be majorly mystical based. No Mole Man characters.

Yeah I loved the mini

I know but it was all cosmic and then basically went streetbased and after fighting Stardust he fought....the Boar? yesh! big difference

Ya, that Boar thing was creepy! stick out tongue

He should have smashed Boar's head like he did that planet. evil face

hunbu04
Bill is not even a god how can he have a godblast as thor stated the godblast is his birthright he had it from birth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.