A comment from Terry re. "the lust"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alina
Terry actually commented on something I wrote on wordplayer, he does seem a bit pissed but I think what he said might be a good thing:

"Here is what Terry said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, re: the DVD commentary.

>> There is nothing between Jack and Elizabeth aside from a fleeting bit of lust?

I won't sit here and listen to you downgrade fleeting bits of lust! Entire wars have been fought for same."

link:http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/movies/index.cgi?read=91738

LovelyOne
yeah its like helen of troy big grin

Mistypirate
LMAO laughing out loud

mss_mira
wow i think thats a good thing... it leads me to believe that it can grow into more

sparrobethroxmy
im a bit confused sorry

CaptinJackLover
umm yea me 2... erm

Surreal_44
It isn't a good thing. He isn't giving you hope; he's letting you know the consequences of the kiss will be huge because of that fleeting moment of lust.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

katelovespirate
wars have been fought.... hmmm. smile indeed.

and sometimes fleeting bits of lust are more important to history than ages of quiet companionship.

CaptinJackLover
im so confused,...i dont understand..good? bad? wat is it?! *sighs*

Surreal_44
...How can you even remotely see anything good in that response? Can you not tell that he is seriously pissed off at what was written?

CaptinJackLover
i dont know wat to think? i thought it was bad but then people r saying its good...ah my hread hurts...so confuzzled!

katelovespirate
like everything, it cant be qualified as good or bad.

its just interesting. smile

think about it. Cleopatra gained huge political influence by exploiting a bit of lust. Helen of Troy instigated a war that had been brewing for a long time by choosing a flight of passion over a steady lifestyle. There are just endless points both historically and in literature and mythology where lust conquers all versus the other way around. its just interesting to think about, even in our culture today. what drives the media or advertising markets? sweet pure love, or hot sex?

not saying one is right or wrong, just worth mentioning.

lovethemtigers
I take it to mean that lust is a very powerful emotion...he says "I won't sit here and listen to you downgrade fleetings bits of lust, entire have been fought for same..."...he sounds offended that lust is not seen as a real emotion....

I've said this before...I would think strong, long-lasting relationships start with lust....Lust is very important....without it, you have nothing...that's why we are so attracted to Will and Liz...their is no lust/sexual interest between Will and Liz..they will never last....because sweet pure love dies out and turns into just friendship, and plus this is a movie, not real life...audiences are way more attracted to sex, lust, love then the sweet pure love which equal boring.....

But, after having said all this...this is a Disney movie...I'm sure in the end they will opt for the sweet pure love, unfortunately.....

Maybe we will just know that Jack and Liz secretly long for each other the remainders of their lives, but never be able to act on that love...now that would be bittersweet for me...knowing Jack and Liz want and love each other...but can never be together.....ughghhhh...I will leave the theaters so sad if that happens....

lovethemtigers
Besides....why is Liz upset because her marriage is interrupted, that fate intervened..."take into your calculations that you have robbed me of my WEDDING NIGHT!".....why didn't she say "take into your calculations that you have stopped me from marrying William Turner, the man I love and want to married to more than anything in this world."....She wants sex.

And then she tells Jack "I'm so ready to be married", not "I'm so ready to be married with Will, I love him so much"....Well, Jack is no dummy...he knows what she wants...and he thinks she needs marriage first in order to have sex...so he (on an impulse) offers to perform a marraige between him and her, so he can have sex with her.....But is that so wrong....I think there are strong feelings between Jack and Liz, I don't think sex between Jack and Liz would be a one-night thing, I think once they taste it they will want it again and again....

Yes, I know Jack and Liz have been playing a game with each other, but sometimes when you play with fire, you get burned....I don't think either one of them realized what would happen......I think Jack and Liz both find out that it's more than just lust and a game between them...it's so obvious in the facial expressions and the body language in that final scene between them two....a very powerful emotion is going on between them...and it's lust and love all tied into one....

katelovespirate
precisely. smile that was a brilliant explanation.

Alina
Originally posted by Surreal_44
...How can you even remotely see anything good in that response? Can you not tell that he is seriously pissed off at what was written?

Don't you bloody ****ing attack me...All I did was to ask what was going on,what a lot of people were wondering about. I have a bloody right to write what ever the hell I want...I did not go "buhuhu I want Sparrabeth" I DID say I never expected a JE ending at all, but that I was confused about the whole thing.
Just because you're not a JE shipper, there is no reason to insult people who see things differently than you...

Surreal_44
You have a right to go see, or not go see the movie. You have a right to politely discuss with people how you feel about it. You don't have the right to call people liars, especially when it's your own stupid fault for believing in something that was NEVER THERE in the first place.

You deluded yourself into believing J/E, when all the signs and all the comments have pointed to W/E ending. You twist, change, or ignore whatever the writers have said, simply to make your ship work.

Not only do you do an injustice to the characters, the plot and the actors, but you have done a great disservice to the writers as well. They know better than any of us how they want things to happen.

Just because you can't deal with anything deeper than lust isn't his fault.

You're upset by what I wrote? How do you think the writers felt about your nasty little post on Wordplayer? Hmmm? I'm just giving back to you what you've given to the writers.

Oh, and by the way, in all cases where lust was the driving emotion, there was no happy ending...there was just a lot of death and destruction, so I wouldn't be so sure that the comment was a good or hopeful one.

LovelyOne
Surreal nothing in DMC poined to a W/E ending..Even Keira said that in an interview..she says W/E fall apart by the end and J/E evolves into something more interesting.

and everything said on the commentary was what we always thought it was anyway..the one thing that would suggest she may be gaining/realizing she has deeper feelings for him is the moment after the kiss..Terry says "and she has to admit to herself that she did feel something..and that she has this desire as well" they way he says "as well" is in a tone that suggests its something different to what she was feeling before hand..remember desire is deeper than want..they say the compass doesnt point to your hearts desire..right now she doesn't listen to it though and she runs away

LovelyOne

also I think he's just suggesting that was probably the main reason she sent a man to his death..it was so incredibly powerful that she felt the need to do that..I dunno if it has anything to do with what happens in AWE

Alina
You have a right to go see, or not go see the movie. You have a right to politely discuss with people how you feel about it. You don't have the right to call people liars, especially when it's your own stupid fault for believing in something that was NEVER THERE in the first place.

You deluded yourself into believing J/E, when all the signs and all the comments have pointed to W/E ending. You twist, change, or ignore whatever the writers have said, simply to make your ship work.

Not only do you do an injustice to the characters, the plot and the actors, but you have done a great disservice to the writers as well. They know better than any of us how they want things to happen.

Just because you can't deal with anything deeper than lust isn't his fault.

You're upset by what I wrote? How do you think the writers felt about your nasty little post on Wordplayer? Hmmm? I'm just giving back to you what you've given to the writers.

Oh, and by the way, in all cases where lust was the driving emotion, there was no happy ending...there was just a lot of death and destruction, so I wouldn't be so sure that the comment was a good or hopeful one.

I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna ignore you because frankly it is a vaste of time talking to you...who the hell do you think you are? You don't know me, how dare you assume what I believe/think?? I NEVER NEVER said I believed in a JE ending, I never critizied the actors ect. I said I was confused along with a lot of other people...how many bloody times do I have to say this? Apparently only WE shippers are allowed to voice their opinion...Terry has the righ to be pissed at me. YOU DON'T!!! so back the hell of...I've had it with all these POTC forums, where people get bashed because they believe something the majority doesn't...I'm off, I bloody won't waste my time on people like that...thank you proving to me how narrowminded WE shippers are...

SarahB
(thts it- say it how it is) lol anywaysmile im makin things worse lol...(never mind.....)

pyratequeen
me persoanlly, I have no idea who liz is gonna end up with.

ivebeendepped43
jack! hello!!

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
jack! hello!!

LMAO LMOA GENIOUS IVEBEENDEPPED!

Mistypirate
Ill be damn if she doesn't end up with Jack.. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Chiki Mina
noo Ted/Terry will be DAMNED!!

Mistypirate
Well of course they'll be damned the most. big grin

Chiki Mina
mwahahahaha The wrath of KMC evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.