What makes a good movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoCalLove
There are always threads about whats the best movie of this genre and this one. Well, what, to you, makes a good movie? Is it good acting? A good cast? A good sountrack? What?

Thanks! eek!

dirkdirden
Originally posted by SoCalLove
There are always threads about whats the best movie of this genre and this one. Well, what, to you, makes a good movie? Is it good acting? A good cast? A good sountrack? What?

Thanks! eek!

take a film class at the nearest college they will tell you all about it.

There are six main aspect that make a good film.....but I can't remember them 3 years since the class. I think its along the lines of Charactors, Score, Camera, Plot, flow, lighting or something like that.

Solo
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Charactors
Take an english class at the nearest college, they'll teach you how to spell.

If the writing is great, the film will be great, in most circumstances.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Solo

This seems like a fair statement.

Also, I think different genres have different requirements for what will make it a good film. Comedy, for example, doesn't need to have a good plot/story at all.

Andrew McLeod
Originally posted by Solo

In most cases...but I'm sure there are some movies that had splendid screenplays but they still suck. I'll have to think of an example but I'm sure there are a few...and vice versa. Some amazing movies could've come from shitty screenplays.

I think it's a certain balance of many of the elements that go into a film. I don't think there's any formula.

redcaped
I have the formula. A good movie would be living our time. This means to share our views/beliefs/humor of today.

Ogami Itto
Some movies however are so bad their good .

this may have something to do with the viewers drug intake though

Solo
Originally posted by redcaped
A good movie would be living our time. This means to share our views/beliefs/humor of today.
No.

Mr Parker
a good storyline more than anything makes a great movie.I dont care if the greatest actor in the world is the star of the film,if it has a bad storyline with a bad script,its not going to be a good movie.

bakerboy
Yes, storyline is the most important part in a movie. A bad director couldnt destroy a good script, but a bad script couldnt be saved by a good director.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.