My X-Men vs. My Inner Circle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rutog98
X-Men

Storm
Jean (no PF)
Colossus
Wolverine
Banshee
Nightcrawler

Mutant Brotherhood:

Magneto
White Queen (Emma Frost)
Omega Red
Mystique
Sunfire
Namor

jrodslam
Ouch. Your Inner Circle whoops your X-Men's ass.

celestialdemon
Inner Circle stomps the X-Men.

Soljer
Magneto gives everyone a stroke for the win.

Or uses Colossus and Wolverine to beat the shit out of everyone else.

Or sucks the iron from their blood.

He could solo this group.

rotiart
I know you put in Magneto to counteract Storm but... sheesh...

ignoring the storm/magneto part...
Jean (no PF) <Emma Frost in skill
Colossus < Namor in a fight
Wolverine < Omega Red
Banshee> Sunfire. Even in his death, Banshees a pimp.
Nightcrawler<Current Mystique who seems to be able to phase through walls...

Team Haters win either way.

xmarksthespot
The inner circle win. If Jean wasn't there, they'd all go down to a mindrape. Since she is, they alll go down to a stroke by Magneto.

Rutog98
Magneto isn't giving anyone a stroke. He is going to have something to worry about. I don't ever recall Magneto pulling this trick against a powerful advasary using huge energy attacks against him. This stunt is much more difficult than say grabbing a car or something that is metallic. He's going to be straining just to withstand Storm's tornado. She tosses in hail with the tornado and he's gone. She has shown that she can generate winds strong enough to smash his force-field and tax his powers greatly to anchor himself against it.

Soljer
laughing

Jesus, you're a funny guy. Magneto can multitask. He simultaneously anchors himself to the ground, puts up a forcefield, and gives the entire other team a group stroke.

Omega-level
Wolverine, Banshee and Nightcrawler are non-factors. Magneto could probably take down the entire team by himself. Even if he's out, Omega Red, Emma, Sunfire and Namor could win.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing

Jesus, you're a funny guy. Magneto can multitask. He simultaneously anchors himself to the ground, puts up a forcefield, and gives the entire other team a group stroke.

My, you just don't want to give Storm her credit. Of course he can do all of that at once. The whole problem with Magneto is his force-fields, while VERY powerful, are not enough to keep Storm out. She has smashed through it twice. She can also multi-task. So she can use her tornado with hail which would smash his force-field and pummel him to unconsciousness with hailstones.

You are forgetting something else: Jean Grey has a force-field as well. She can place herself and Storm in a force-field and let Storm worry about the offense. Magneto is not reaching anybody through force-bubbles to give them a stroke.

you people don't want to accept that Storm's will is greater than Magneto's though that has been both stated and shown in canon.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Rutog98
My, you just don't want to give Storm her credit. Of course he can do all of that at once. The whole problem with Magneto is his force-fields, while VERY powerful, are not enough to keep Storm out. She has smashed through it twice. She can also multi-task. So she can use her tornado with hail which would smash his force-field and pummel him to unconsciousness with hailstones.

You are forgetting something else: Jean Grey has a force-field as well. She can place herself and Storm in a force-field and let Storm worry about the offense. Magneto is not reaching anybody through force-bubbles to give them a stroke.

you people don't want to accept that Storm's will is greater than Magneto's though that has been both stated and shown in canon. 1) I call bullshit on the Magneto forcefields.
2) The only hope the X-Men had was that Jean Grey's powers effect very slightly faster than Magneto's, the problem being that Emma Frost is on the other side nullifying this completely.

celestialdemon

you people don't want to accept that Storm's will is greater than Magneto's though that has been both stated and shown in canon.

And you are forgetting that when Storm used her tornado on Magneto, he was able to bend the electromagnetic field to create a lightning bolt that struck Storm down. You are giving Storm way too much credit.

Rutog98
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
1) I call bullshit on the Magneto forcefields.
2) The only hope the X-Men had was that Jean Grey's powers effect very slightly faster than Magneto's, the problem being that Emma Frost is on the other side nullifying this completely.

1) Absolutely not. Storm is a much stronger mutant than Magneto. Consider this, Storm has altered the ecosystem on a continental scale at least twice unaided and she has altered the ecosystem on a hemisphere scale as well unaided. Magneto has never, by any stretch of the imagination, approached this kind of power without technology being involved. Storm and Magneto both play with the Earth's resources though for different effects (actually, Storm's overlap his in many ways). Difference is, Storm's powers are inherently much more violent and destructive than Magneto's. Being able to move this much energy means she draw upon more power for her attacks than he can for his. Why do you think I rolled my eyes evertime Magneto came out in the 90s when you had a 12 member X-Men team and he was supposed to be a threat to the team. I just laughed because I knew what Storm had accomplished in other stories and I knew that she would not have those power levels in this arc because it would put her above him.

2) Not an issue at all. You overrate telepaths big time. Telepathy does not equal God. Neither Jean's nor Emma's TP would mean squat to Storm or Magneto.

Now tell me, how are the bad guys going to overcome my strategy with Jean putting a force-field around herself and Storm while Storm lets loose with her powers? Ororo's powers are inherently the most destructive and violent on the battle field.

batdude123
Magneto isn't giving anyone a stroke. He is going to have something to worry about. I don't ever recall Magneto pulling this trick against a powerful advasary using huge energy attacks against him. This stunt is much more difficult than say grabbing a car or something that is metallic. He's going to be straining just to withstand Storm's tornado. She tosses in hail with the tornado and he's gone. She has shown that she can generate winds strong enough to smash his force-field and tax his powers greatly to anchor himself against it.

He didn't have a force field up when she pulled off the bullshit whirlwind thingy.

Soljer
What the f**k?

This is beyond sad. At least the other storm fanboys didn't try to claim the ***** was superior to friggin MANGETO.

Jesus H, MAGNETO!

xmarksthespot
1) Absolutely not. Storm is a much stronger mutant than Magneto. Consider this, Storm has altered the ecosystem on a continental scale at least twice unaided and she has altered the ecosystem on a hemisphere scale as well unaided. Magneto has never, by any stretch of the imagination, approached this kind of power without technology being involved. Storm and Magneto both play with the Earth's resources though for different effects (actually, Storm's overlap his in many ways). Difference is, Storm's powers are inherently much more violent and destructive than Magneto's. Being able to move this much energy means she draw upon more power for her attacks than he can for his. Why do you think I rolled my eyes evertime Magneto came out in the 90s when you had a 12 member X-Men team and he was supposed to be a threat to the team. I just laughed because I knew what Storm had accomplished in other stories and I knew that she would not have those power levels in this arc because it would put her above him. Storm more powerful than Magneto? You're deluded. And I called bullshit on you saying that the same forcefields that have withstood Galactus' power falling to Storm's piddly winds or lightning, not once but twice. So do show.
2) Not an issue at all. You overrate telepaths big time. Telepathy does not equal God. Neither Jean's nor Emma's TP would mean squat to Storm or Magneto. Both Storm and Magneto have been pwned by telepathy.

batdude123
What the f**k?

This is beyond sad. At least the other storm fanboys didn't try to claim the ***** was superior to friggin MANGETO.

Jesus H, MAGNETO!

laughing out loud

golem370
Magneto could defeat Colossus & Wolverine with ease leaving Magneto and his team to Storm,Jean,Banshee & Nightcrawler

Priest
wow the XMen get rocked

batdude123
1) Absolutely not. Storm is a much stronger mutant than Magneto. Consider this, Storm has altered the ecosystem on a continental scale at least twice unaided and she has altered the ecosystem on a hemisphere scale as well unaided. Magneto has never, by any stretch of the imagination, approached this kind of power without technology being involved. Storm and Magneto both play with the Earth's resources though for different effects (actually, Storm's overlap his in many ways). Difference is, Storm's powers are inherently much more violent and destructive than Magneto's. Being able to move this much energy means she draw upon more power for her attacks than he can for his. Why do you think I rolled my eyes evertime Magneto came out in the 90s when you had a 12 member X-Men team and he was supposed to be a threat to the team. I just laughed because I knew what Storm had accomplished in other stories and I knew that she would not have those power levels in this arc because it would put her above him.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing lol hysterical hysterical2 crylaugh

Christ, this too much!!!

Rutog98
Storm more powerful than Magneto? You're deluded. And I called bullshit on you saying that the same forcefields that have withstood Galactus' power falling to Storm's piddly winds or lightning, not once but twice. So do show.
Both Storm and Magneto have been pwned by telepathy.

You are playing up the Galactus thing. lol. That was not impressive at all. Magneto and Xavier were just gnats on his outter consciousness. He just sent a very minor blast over there to swat the gnat and it didn't even destroy the whole building, if I remember correctly. Look, Storm and Magneto use the Earth for their power base. Storm can control much more of the planets resources than Magneto can without the aid of a machine.

Uncanny 150 is an issue where Storm smashes his force field as well as circa Uncanny 112-114.

bigbran
Originally posted by golem370
Magneto could defeat Colossus & Wolverine with ease leaving Magneto and his team to Storm,Jean,Banshee & Nightcrawler How about this:
Magneto takes down Storm in the first 2 seconds, but then gets taken down by Colossus...
See even Colossus is over Storm.
(not that Mags would get beaten by him, but it's more likely than Magneto losing to Storm)

xmarksthespot
You are playing up the Galactus thing. lol. That was not impressive at all. Magneto and Xavier were just gnats on his outter consciousness. He just sent a very minor blast over there to swat the gnat and it didn't even destroy the whole building, if I remember correctly. Look, Storm and Magneto use the Earth for their power base. Storm can control much more of the planets resources than Magneto can without the aid of a machine.

Uncanny 150 is an issue where Storm smashes his force field as well as circa Uncanny 112-114. In neither issue is she shown penetrating any forcefield.

batdude123

Uncanny 150 is an issue where Storm smashes his force field as well as circa Uncanny 112-114.

Storm has NEVER penetrated his force fields before, don't make me laugh. Nobody TRULY has, as a matter of fact.

The only time they were penetrated was in his first appearance where he wasn't nearly as powerful as we've seen him before. And even then, he said they were only penetrated because he wasn't focusing on them at all.

You're delusional. laughing out loud

Rutog98
Originally posted by batdude123
Storm has NEVER penetrated his force fields before, don't make me laugh. Nobody TRULY has, as a matter of fact.

The only time they were penetrated was in his first appearance where he wasn't nearly as powerful as we've seen him before. And even then, he said they were only penetrated because he wasn't focusing on them at all.

You're delusional. laughing out loud

This is stupid.
In Uncanny 150, when Storm has her powers and she interrupts the fight between Magneto and the X-Men, Magneto faces her with his force-field on. The rest of the X-Men stand back and watch. She tosses hand lightning at him which does not good. He is still in his force-field. She then tells him that she is going to bring about a stronger weapon at her disposal than her lightning bolts she had been hurling and she throws a tornado at him. This breaks his force-field.

In the other issue, Magneto has a force-field on (though it is a personal one and not a bubble like Uncanny 150). Colossus bangs on it and has no effect. He then tosses Beast next to Storm who attacks him with a blizzard. The blizzard rips through him which means it had to knock the force-field down. Magneto fought the X-Men throughout with his personal force-field in that arc. You will also see in one of those issues where Phoenix TK blasts him by surprise, he comments on how his shields withstood it, but the force of the blast is hurling him across the room. In this story, Magneto admitted to Storm that she could have defeated him if she did not hold back. Storm acknowledged to herself that she could kill him with her powers if she cut loose, but that was not her goal and anything less would not be enough. Since then, Storm has grown much harder than that.

jrodslam
This is stupid.
In Uncanny 150, when Storm has her powers and she interrupts the fight between Magneto and the X-Men, Magneto faces her with his force-field on. The rest of the X-Men stand back and watch. She tosses hand lightning at him which does not good. He is still in his force-field. She then tells him that she is going to bring about a stronger weapon at her disposal than her lightning bolts she had been hurling and she throws a tornado at him. This breaks his force-field.

In the other issue, Magneto has a force-field on (though it is a personal one and not a bubble like Uncanny 150). Colossus bangs on it and has no effect. He then tosses Beast next to Storm who attacks him with a blizzard. The blizzard rips through him which means it had to knock the force-field down. Magneto fought the X-Men throughout with his personal force-field in that arc. You will also see in one of those issues where Phoenix TK blasts him by surprise, he comments on how his shields withstood it, but the force of the blast is hurling him across the room. In this story, Magneto admitted to Storm that she could have defeated him if she did not hold back. Storm acknowledged to herself that she could kill him with her powers if she cut loose, but that was not her goal and anything less would not be enough. Since then, Storm has grown much harder than that.

I for one would looove to see scans of that.

xmarksthespot
This is stupid.

In the other issue, Magneto has a force-field on (though it is a personal one and not a bubble like Uncanny 150). Colossus bangs on it and has no effect. He then tosses Beast next to Storm who attacks him with a blizzard. The blizzard rips through him which means it had to knock the force-field down. Magneto fought the X-Men throughout with his personal force-field in that arc. You will also see in one of those issues where Phoenix TK blasts him by surprise, he comments on how his shields withstood it, but the force of the blast is hurling him across the room. In this story, Magneto admitted to Storm that she could have defeated him if she did not hold back. Storm acknowledged to herself that she could kill him with her powers if she cut loose, but that was not her goal and anything less would not be enough. Since then, Storm has grown much harder than that. If something is impinging on his forcefield this is shown. Cyclops optic blasts, Phoenix powers. In both the Storm instances the forcefield simply wasn't there, she penetrated nothing. And nothing Storm has ever done suggests she could.

batdude123
This is stupid.

Since cold temperatures actually AUGMENT Magneto's power... yeah.

Also, she never penetrated ANYTHING. Once again, you're delusional. laughing out loud

Magneto can do tricks much simpler than that...

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8623/magripsapartapocalypse4li.jpg

BOOM!! ***** dies.

golem370
Magneto would rip the Adamantium out of Wolverine and then use it as a projectile to impale Colossus Storm and the rest one after the other.

bigbran
Magneto would rip the Adamantium out of Wolverine and then use it as a projectile to impale Colossus Storm and the rest one after the other. Actually a very good tactic...

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
Actually a very good tactic...

Magneto not acting like a retard is a good enough tactic for him to solo this fight.

SpunkySmurph
Consider this, Storm has altered the ecosystem on a continental scale at least twice unaided and she has altered the ecosystem on a hemisphere scale as well unaided.

Meh. I can do better.

If you suddenly died, you'd be increasing the intelligence average on a global scale. no expression

rotiart
Magneto would rip the Adamantium out of Wolverine and then use it as a projectile to impale Colossus Storm and the rest one after the other.

Screw that... He just picks up wolverine and flies him around like a giant pair of flying scissors! Stabitty STab stab.

Soljer
Originally posted by rotiart
Screw that... He just picks up wolverine and flies him around like a giant pair of flying scissors! Stabitty STab stab.

You win just for the comic effect of the mental picture. I RARELY laugh out loud on the forums, but I seriously did at that.

Just imagining, a helpless logan being used as a pair of scissors.

laughing

Rutog98
You win just for the comic effect of the mental picture. I RARELY laugh out loud on the forums, but I seriously did at that.

Just imagining, a helpless logan being used as a pair of scissors.

laughing

Yeah, and the weather elemental who can control the winds and Jean, a TK, is just going to sit there and let this happen, right? lol!

Soljer
Yeah, and the weather elemental who can control the winds and Jean, a TK, is just going to sit there and let this happen, right? lol!

They are already lying unconscious on the ground from a simultaneous stroke, heart attack, metal amalgamation, and just plain magnetic owning.

Then Wolverine chases everyone around like a giant pair of scissors.

Brian Oswald
I love how this is now Storm vs. Magneto no expression

Rutog98
Originally posted by Brian Oswald

Tell me, can Magneto maintain a magnetic grip on Wolverine if Jean decides to put a TK field around him to break it while Storm socks it to him and hit entire team?

xmarksthespot
You mean like he's already done before?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1913/stormdfdxg7.th.jpg

Brian Oswald
Nice scan thumb up

bigbran
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1913/stormdfdxg7.th.jpg That was jobbing... it was pis... Storm was lying... she broke free... she was only talking about the dude...

YOU SON OF A B*TCH, I'LL KILL YOU!!!

Rutog98

LOL! I was waiting for someone to bring this up. This was done while they were talking to him. It was not done in the heat of battle. Now, if you would notice, when Bishop breaks the hold on him and assaults Magneto, Magneto never, ever pulls this stunt on anybody in that same issue while is being attacked. When he was on the ropes, why didn't he go for this trick again? I'll tell you why, because he could not spare the time and concentration.

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald

Which is a non-fight, as Magneto could curbstomp twelve Storms at the same time.

xmarksthespot
LOL! I was waiting for someone to bring this up. This was done while they were talking to him. It was not done in the heat of battle. Now, if you would notice, when Bishop breaks the hold on him and assaults Magneto, Magneto never, ever pulls this stunt on anybody in that same issue while is being attacked. When he was on the ropes, why didn't he go for this trick again? I'll tell you why, because he could not spare the time and concentration. Bishop absorbs the energy that's holding him - that's the only reason he breaks out, and that was plot induced so that the X-Men could attack him. All the while Magneto is levitating Asteroid M.

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
That was jobbing... it was pis... Storm was lying... she broke free... she was only talking about the dude...

YOU SON OF A B*TCH, I'LL KILL YOU!!!

laughing

Rutog98
Which is a non-fight, as Magneto could curbstomp twelve Storms at the same time.

No way. While Magneto reaches out to try and grab the iron in Storm's team blood to try and mamipulate it for this or other stunts, Storm reaches out to his team with the weather which is going to smash them on impact. Jean Grey places a TK field around the team to protect them from Magneto's grab (I don't think his magnetic energies will be able to reach beyond those fields. he would have to batter it down with metal first which he will not be able to accomplish since Storm is going at him and his team). Everyone is gone save Magneto after Storm's initial attack. Then the teacm cuts lose on him. With Storm there, Magneto's force-field is a nonfactor. Jean could TK crush him since he won't be able to put up a force-field that would last with Ororo on the field. Then you have Banshee screaming...

Soljer
No way. While Magneto reaches out to try and grab the iron in Storm's team blood to try and mamipulate it for this or other stunts, Storm reaches out to his team with the weather which is going to smash them on impact. Jean Grey places a TK field around the team to protect them from Magneto's grab (I don't think his magnetic energies will be able to reach beyond those fields. he would have to batter it down with metal first which he will not be able to accomplish since Storm is going at him and his team). Everyone is gone save Magneto after Storm's initial attack. Then the teacm cuts lose on him. With Storm there, Magneto's force-field is a nonfactor. Jean could TK crush him since he won't be able to put up a force-field that would last with Ororo on the field. Then you have Banshee screaming...

That would be all well and good if the entire opposing team didn't already have their powers turned off, or have a stroke, or have the iron ripped from their body.

Magneto solos them.

Brian Oswald
Just stop trying to convince it

batdude123
I think it's pretty clear Rutog is dumb, yes? yes

Magneto would solo this team.

NiņoAraņa
uses Colossus and Wolverine to beat the shit out of everyone else.

He could solo this group. i wholeheartdly agree sir

Omega-level
If something is impinging on his forcefield this is shown. Cyclops optic blasts, Phoenix powers. In both the Storm instances the forcefield simply wasn't there, she penetrated nothing. And nothing Storm has ever done suggests she could.

Magneto's shield once withstood a blast from Galactus. Galactus > Storm, i believe roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Omega-level
Magneto's shield once withstood a blast from Galactus. Galactus > Storm, i believe roll eyes (sarcastic) Why are you telling me this? confusedOriginally posted by xmarksthespot
I called bullshit on you saying that the same forcefields that have withstood Galactus' power falling to Storm's piddly winds or lightning.

ExodusCloak
Oh dear...@_@

This should have been enough:
Originally posted by jrodslam
Ouch. Your Inner Circle whoops your X-Men's ass.

Jeans is their only hope....but she's kept busy with Emma preventing an instant mind-rape.
Mags gives them all a Stroke.

As for "Storm pwning Mags forcefield." It never happened...not in UXM #150 or in UXM #112-114.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.