Lightsabers working in/under water...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JaehSkywalker
do Lightsabers work in/under/with water?

always thought they don't, but splinter of the minds eye says they do...

btw, i hate splinters of the mind's eye... just so you know...

Tangible God
That's that weird book written in between ANH and ESB, right? Is that one even pure canon?

Ogami Itto
Not sure ! In the tpm novel quigon scolds OB1 for not powering down his lightsaber when he's in water (apparantly thats why he was just running away from the STAPs when they first arrive on Naboo) i think that was also in the film but cut (as Obi looks very wet in that scene)

dunno if this is considered canon though

JaehSkywalker
that's why i thought they don't...

so.. what do the others think?

Council#13
Kit Fisto's worked underwater. But I heard somewhere that it's because he specially modified his. hmm I guess it's how the lightsaber is built.

JaehSkywalker
thanks... ^_^

Darth Martin
Yea, if you wach Clone Wars Kit Fisto's can go underwater. Also, when Anakin and Assaj are dueling their lightsabers are getting rained/wet on and smoke just rose, iut didn't misfunction or anything like that.

Captain SEX
lightsabers work underwater the same reason plasma cutters do. They literally boil the water around them into steam.

Captain REX
Lightsabers have to be modified to work underwater. A deleted scene in TPM addressed this, and lightsabers shut off in the Jedi Knight games when put fully underwater.

The blade can work underwater, as long as the hilt doesn't join it.

Rain isn't enough water to bugger with a lightsaber.

JaehSkywalker
thanks... ^_^

The big EH
Originally posted by Tangible God
That's that weird book written in between ANH and ESB, right? Is that one even pure canon? clone wars series is pure canon, and the sabers work fine under water

General G
Originally posted by The big EH
clone wars series is pure canon, and the sabers work fine under water

It is? Then that means Mace Windu can take out an entire army of droids by himself with his bare hands? I don't think so, doesn't matter how powerful he is, he couldn't do that. If he could, then why didn't the Republic send Mace by himself to every planet to liberate it instead of wasting so many clones if one man could do it by himself?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by General G
It is? Then that means Mace Windu can take out an entire army of droids by himself with his bare hands? I don't think so, doesn't matter how powerful he is, he couldn't do that. If he could, then why didn't the Republic send Mace by himself to every planet to liberate it instead of wasting so many clones if one man could do it by himself?

Because you see Mace was weakened in between the microseries and ROTS but yet during ATOC he wasn't as powerful yet...jk.

No one knows why the Clone Wars microseries overpowers everyone. Like Yoda lifting up two CIS Troop Landers and forcing both to collide into one another and yet in ROTS he had trouble pushing up that ONE senate pod.

yettoh
in my star wars anual 2007 it says that obi won inserted a crystal in his to make it waterproof

Tangible God
Originally posted by The big EH
clone wars series is pure canon, and the sabers work fine under water Riiiiiiight.......

That explains how Mace destroyed the entire battle droid army on Geonosis single handedly, just like he did on Coruscant.

Oh wait, that DIDN'T happen, he was moments away from death on Geonosis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.