The Symbols Thread: Let's Trace our POTC Symbols

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chiki Mina
This is a thread where we gather all the POTC symbols. Like Lovely with the dog and Misty with the jack/liz behind bars. I think this is a great place for us to gather all our symbols and put all these peices together.

Mistypirate
The compass pointing at Jack. I don't care what anyone says, big grin but I believe the compass was pointing at Jack. Jack is what Liz wants most in this world.

CaptinJackLover
yes i agree! if peopledont beluve that then they dont know wat they r thinking!

Mistypirate
Ok another symbol posted by Lovely is the one where Liz is kneeling down on her weeding dress, that scene actually looked as if she was kneeling right next to a tomb and as if she was mourning the death of a love one. Then it cuts to Jack coming out of a coffin.
Those scenes were mirroring Jack's death at the end of DMC, and Liz mourning his death.

CaptinJackLover
i dont remember that symbol being posted! but yes thats an excellent one!

Mistypirate
Ok guys post some symbols....what ever yous want, it doesn't matter if is from COTBP or DMC. big grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i dont remember that symbol being posted! but yes thats an excellent one!

Really? thats old. smile

a-k-a-amber
yeah i'd never seen that one either

Chiki Mina
How about the dress when it drowend in the second. I mean why did the camera pointed and focused so much on that wedding dress whne it was drowning.

CaptinJackLover
i always thought it was just cuz it was a beautful dress! but its much more than that

does it annoy anyone else that her dresses are always getting ruined?!

Mistypirate
Agree, IMO meaning that the wedding is doomed. And didn't you guys notice that after this scene of the dress drowning it cuts off to the curiosity scene? IMO the wedding will be doomed because of Liz's feelings towards Jack. The wedding will not take place because of liz.

CaptinJackLover
it does?! i never noticed t went straihgt to the curiosity scene (best scene ever)! hmm...that interesting big grin

a-k-a-amber
ummmm they do kinda forshadow barbosa coming back i noticed that the hat looked the same.... and theres the locket thing did anyone notice that?

CaptinJackLover
wat lockte hting?

a-k-a-amber
the locket that plays davy jones's music thing is in tia dalma's house too i thought someone would have mentioned that on here by now

CaptinJackLover
omg rele?! no way! ah! i cnat belive i never noticed...or nobody els ehas mentioned it!

Chiki Mina
I wonder how davvy looked before he became an octopuss head lol

a-k-a-amber
yeah if you look when jack steals the ring beside it is the locket with that picture on it hold on lemme see here!

Mistypirate
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i always thought it was just cuz it was a beautful dress! but its much more than that

does it annoy anyone else that her dresses are always getting ruined?!

Well not actually, apparently the dresses are a hassle to her. For example the corsets. The dresses symbolize her restrained life. Hence, COTB she was having a hard time with the dress. That corset would barely let her breath, basically it was uncomfortable, she didn't feel right in it. So uncomfortable and perhaps hazardous because it made her fall in to the water and almost got her killed. If it wasn't for Jack she would have drowned.
And Jack taking the corset off from her is also a symbol, this has been already discussed, meaning that Jack frees her from her restrained life. Jack basically changed her life when he saved her and removed that annoying corset from her.

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I wonder how davvy looked before he became an octopuss head lol i guess like Bill Nighy lol

Chiki Mina
Yeah like the first jack helped her and set her free by getting rid of the corset and ripping of her dress. This time in DMC Liz chose to do so on her own big grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
yeah if you look when jack steals the ring beside it is the locket with that picture on it hold on lemme see here!

It has a weird look confused

a-k-a-amber
i know i found somewhere that crabs represent lost love and since its surrounded by crab legs... i think its a connection

Mistypirate
I know she can be a pea brain sometimes. IMO she deserves whatever Jack decides do to her in AWE.

Mistypirate
i know i found somewhere that crabs represent lost love and since its surrounded by crab legs... i think its a connection

Good one, that could be another symbol big grin

a-k-a-amber
i also think thats why there are "supposedly" crabs in Jacks Purgatory.... at least in the first draft of the script

Chiki Mina
whats up with the crabs?? Tia had the crabs when she said a touch of destiny then there are sme crabs in the purgotory(spelling)

I think its weird.

Mistypirate
i also think thats why there are "supposedly" crabs in Jacks Purgatory.... at least in the first draft of the script

Wow I'm impressed, another good catch. If this is true it could mean that Jack is going to be able to love or have the chance to love. Crabs also symbolize the sign of cancer which is a water element. This is really interesting..

http://www.astrologywizard.com/cancer.htm

a-k-a-amber
OMG! we may be on to something look at this...

"Nonetheless as a Water sign the urge to merge on an emotional level is particularly strong, so in most instances sooner or later your defences are going to come down."

that may lead to Jack finally accepting he loves someone...

Chiki Mina
oh wow! I love the crabs symbol theory. Never thought of that.

Mistypirate
OMG We are such smart asses. We should write POTC 4. Move over TnT the KMC girls are going to invade and take over. big grin

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by Mistypirate
OMG We are such smart asses. We should write POTC 4. Move over TnT the KMC girls are going to invade and take over. big grin lolo yes TnT WATCH OUT! lol

Chiki Mina
MWAHAHAHHA Ok lets start again with the crabs theory

We know that Tia used the crabs bones to predict where Davy's ship is

Then we know that tere are um some giant crabs something like that at the purgotory where jack is

Now we know that crab is cancer...can someone expand this theory a little more on what a crab is and its meaning.

Mistypirate
LOL You know some people say, that we over-analyze the movie. Well I could careless what they think. I'm just saying that the writers put all the symbolisms there for a reason and, is up to us the audience to figured them out. You wont noticed it after a period of time. IMO that is how is meant to be.

Chiki Mina
we dont fukin over annalyze. They are the ones who UNDER annalyze

a-k-a-amber
tia's locket necklace has crab legs around it

a-k-a-amber
we dont fukin over annalyze. They are the ones who UNDER annalyze lol

PirateDiva

Not to mention that the Locket has the Initals DJ on it....and yes Jack does play with BARBOSSAS hat and then there were the BooTs!!!

Mistypirate
we dont fukin over annalyze. They are the ones who UNDER annalyze

I know we don't. Im just saying that SOME say. And that I don't give a CRAB what they say.
LOL

a-k-a-amber
I know we don't. Im just saying that SOME say. And that I don't give a CRAB what they say.
LOL lol I'm gunna start sayin that i dont give a crab lol what else did ppl get to hint tia as calypso/davy's luver?

Mistypirate
This is what it means when you dream of crabs

To see a crab in your dream, signifies you perseverance and tenacity. On an extreme note, you maybe be too clingy and dependant and hanging on to a hopeless endeavor. Crabs are also symbolic of your irritable personality.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm#Crab

willofthewisp
Does it ever show crabs being caught or crabs being eaten? I think if they really are a strong motif, they'll be in it even more, but I like where everyone's going with it.

PirateDiva
Omg u guys are soooo on to something!!!

a-k-a-amber
*grin* irritable personality... lol thats Jack I also like where this is going and willo I don't think anyone eats them in the movie... do they?

Chiki Mina
i really cant wait to see tias true form. She cant be ugly for real.

PirateDiva
lol I'm gunna start sayin that i dont give a crab lol what else did ppl get to hint tia as calypso/davy's luver?

Well when she is telling the story to Jack and the gang about DAVY and the Chest....she says "he fell for a woman as changing and untameable like the sea"-while she says that she points to herself!!! Thats where my lightbulb lit up!!! then the Locket with the initianls DJ=Davy Jones!!

Mistypirate
OMG I found this...

Crab
Crabs relate to love affairs. This dream portends to lovers a long and difficult courtship. Also, avoid rivals.

http://www.petrix.com/dreams/animals.html

Also this
crab, crabs, crabby, crabbing, crabbed

Interpretation:
Avoiding, not wanting to face something or approach it head on
Shying away from something or somebody
Having strong defense mechanisms
Being critical or finding fault
Being tetchy, irritable, surly or bad-tempered, being crabby

See also: animal, cancer, sideways

http://www.soulfuture.com/dream_dictionary/symbols_c/crab_dream_dictionary.asp

Oh man Im getting exited with this CRAB

willofthewisp
Interesting. Are there any other things/objects whose presence in the movies seem strange? Maybe they mean something according to a dream dictionary.

PirateDiva
I Knwo Tia is probably gonna be real pretty....Naomi Harris who plays her is actually very pretty in real life!!

a-k-a-amber
OMG I found this...

Crab
Crabs relate to love affairs. This dream portends to lovers a long and difficult courtship. Also, avoid rivals.

http://www.petrix.com/dreams/animals.html jawdropjawdropjawdropjawdrop

tha.. tha.. thats PERFECT!!! OMG!!! I THINK WE"RE REALLY ONTO SOMETHING HERE... seriously... we're going to have to check into it further...

PirateDiva
OMG I found this...

Crab

http://www.petrix.com/dreams/animals.html

Also this
crab, crabs, crabby, crabbing, crabbed

Interpretation:
Avoiding, not wanting to face something or approach it head on
Shying away from something or somebody
Having strong defense mechanisms
Being critical or finding fault
Being tetchy, irritable, surly or bad-tempered, being crabby

See also: animal, cancer, sideways

http://www.soulfuture.com/dream_dictionary/symbols_c/crab_dream_dictionary.asp

Oh man Im getting exited with this CRAB

OMG Who would have thought...thats like totally talking about Jack right there!!!

PirateDiva
This thread is toatlly getting me excited!!

Chiki Mina
omfg lmao never thought some crabs could get us so excited!!

Lets hold on to the crab and look for other symbols.

Mistypirate
Why would the writers choose crabs, I mean there has to be a reason.

a-k-a-amber
*grins* dont you guys feel soooo smart? i know i do big grin big grin big grin big grin

okay guys im going to bed i have to catch a flight at 7 tomorrow morning in order to see my Dad for thanksgiving so i'll talk to yall later and catch up on the crab thing in the morning... later! keep searchin for crabbystuff

PirateDiva
Well somewhere i read that if u hold on to the end of the credits u will see the fate of one of the characters....

well at the end of the credits we see the DOG become like the cannibals GOD right? Well theoretically speaking if the DOG is suppose to represent JACK....do u think JACK CAN BECOME IMORTAL by the end of AWE?

Chiki Mina
the writers dont do it for the hell of it. Theres gotta be a reason.

PirateDiva
*grins* dont you guys feel soooo smart? i know i do big grin big grin big grin big grin

okay guys im going to bed i have to catch a flight at 7 tomorrow morning in order to see my Dad for thanksgiving so i'll talk to yall later and catch up on the crab thing in the morning... later! keep searchin for crabbystuff

Have a Safe TriP!!!!!

Mistypirate
Ok last post about crabs I promise I though this was also interesting.

Crab
Interpretation: A dream about crabs means you feel fulfilled emotionally and physically. If a crab pinches you in a dream, your partner in a love relationship is being "clingy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crab (crabs)
Interpretation: At first glance a crab seems to be a very negative dream symbol. It could represent a "crabby" or unpleasant personality. The claws could be symbolic of a clinging and hurtful person, or a side of your own personality. There may be too much dependence, clinging and forcefulness in your life. The crab may also symbolize your inability to effectively move forward and address your own difficulties. (Remember the crab often moves sideways or backwards.) Some folklore interpretations say that the crab is an omen of poor health. However, there is a more positive interpretation for the crab in your dream. In some areas of metaphysics, the crab is a representative of the sea and the sky. It represents physical nourishment which can be obtained from the sea and also intellectual nourishment. As with all water dwelling animals, the crab could also represent something in the unconscious and the emotions.

http://www.wordiq.com/dream/Crab.html

Good nite Amber and thank you for your crabs!!! Have a nice trip

a-k-a-amber
about the dog thing i can confirm that i stayed after and saw it.. night

Mistypirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Well somewhere i read that if u hold on to the end of the credits u will see the fate of one of the characters....

well at the end of the credits we see the DOG become like the cannibals GOD right? Well theoretically speaking if the DOG is suppose to represent JACK....do u think JACK CAN BECOME IMORTAL by the end of AWE?

Oh and don't forget Will with the Knife. big grin

Chiki Mina
an unpleasent personality...hmm

PirateDiva
I was told in an English class that everything in a book, movie or whatever is choosen for a reason!!! So lets keep hunting ladies....this has become my new favorite thread!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
yayyyy new fav thread woo hoo!!

Mistypirate
Thanks to Mina big grin Happy Dance .

Did they showed flowers in any of the movies of POTC? I'm just curious.

Chiki Mina
well remember in the first scene when Lizzie was holding the flowers from her wedding. Well there were flowers in her wedding.

Oh BTW she droppped her flowers big grin

PirateDiva
Well Rain is suppose to mean depression....it never means good!!! So at the beginning for the wedding....RAIN...ya that cant be good...and not to mention LIZ says herself "it's bad luck for the bride to see the groom before the weeding"- that cant be good either!!!!!

PirateDiva
well remember in the first scene when Lizzie was holding the flowers from her wedding. Well there were flowers in her wedding.

Ya and the flowers she was holding almost looked dead!!!

Mistypirate
Well Rain is suppose to mean depression....it never means good!!! So at the beginning for the wedding....RAIN...ya that cant be good...and not to mention LIZ says herself "it's bad luck for the bride to see the groom before the weeding"- that cant be good either!!!!!

Humm I wonder what kind of flowers were those, because I'm reading something about flowers, Some represent bad luck. Because some are often use for funerals and stuff.

Yes you are right Piratediva, the rain was foretelling sadness and depressions. IMO not because the wedding got stopped. I believe it was foreshadowing Jack's death and her feelings after he died.

Mistypirate
What kind of compass does Jack has? Is it the Compass Rose?

evilm0nki3
His compass? It talks about it in detail in my Pirates of the Craribbean: The Visual Guide book.

But I dont understand the question lol

sorta in detail lol

Mistypirate
Well there are different kinds of compass's, they have different names and are use for different purposes. But I don't know what kind of compass does Jack has. I want to know the name of it. Because I think I found something really interesting. And I want to know the name first before I post it.

evilm0nki3
Hm. I have no idea. But it has a central shadow vane that makes it work as a sundial... thats what it saysbig grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
Hm. I have no idea. But it has a central shadow vane that makes it work as a sundial... thats what it saysbig grin

Humm I wonder what that means? confused

PirateDiva
Well there are different kinds of compass's, they have different names and are use for different purposes. But I don't know what kind of compass does Jack has. I want to know the name of it. Because I think I found something really interesting. And I want to know the name first before I post it.

Its a compass that doesnt point NORTH!! big grin he he!!

Mistypirate
Its a compass that doesnt point NORTH!! big grin he he!!

YES LMAO laughing out loud

evilm0nki3
lol

It says the lid shows a map of the heavens.. that sounded interesting smile

PirateDiva
Hmmmmmm INTERESTING!!!!!

PirateDiva
Lets see im watching DMC now im trying to see if i see anything else!!!

PirateDiva
Theres CROWS at the Beginning of the MOVIE!!!

evilm0nki3
mMhmm

I want to know WHY they had to add that bird eating the guys eye.

WHY!?!?!?

Mistypirate
Do you guys think that his compass looks like this?

PirateDiva
mMhmm

I want to know WHY they had to add that bird eating the guys eye.

WHY!?!?!?

Yes that was considerably GROSS!!! LOL

He also pecked at the coffin JACK was in....why?

evilm0nki3
yes it does. some form of that. His has a big red arrow though.

PirateDiva
Do you guys think that his compass looks like this?

Hmmm something like that...but with a sundial in the middle!

PirateDiva
Here Misty heres a music video where u can breifly see the compass like at the 20th second...u can pause it and check it out....hope it helps!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vt5-mIeRoU

evilm0nki3
Pictures too!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/DSC00748.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/DSC00749.jpg

Mistypirate

Mistypirate
Pictures too!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/DSC00748.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/DSC00749.jpg

Thank you for the pics big grin

PirateDiva

PirateDiva
Nevermind....i reread it and i understand!!!

TRUE DIRECTION...eh?

Mistypirate
Yes true direction and guidance. And, the rose is and anagram for the Greek god of love, Eros .

PirateDiva
OMG.........why does AWE have to be like a million months away??

Is it me or does everything tie in with LOVE around JACK?

Mistypirate
OMG.........why does AWE have to be like a million months away??

Is it me or does everything tie in with LOVE around JACK?

I know why cant it be tomorrow. sad
I think we are over analyzing it LOL roll eyes (sarcastic)

PirateDiva
oh also in the scene where JACK goes below deck to get rum....right before he encounters Bootstrap....he picks up a bottle and turns it over to let sand fall out....doesnt sand represent time? so sand running out of the bottle is like an hour glass and time is running out!!! right?

evilm0nki3
i read that somewhere.

dont remember where.. but it said the sand pouring out of the bottle represented that time was running out..

Mistypirate
oh also in the scene where JACK goes below deck to get rum....right before he encounters Bootstrap....he picks up a bottle and turns it over to let sand fall out....doesnt sand represent time? so sand running out of the bottle is like an hour glass and time is running out!!! right?

Yes thats what it means. It also represents bad luck
"the sands of time" in which it may be suggesting that you are wasting your time or letting time pass you by.

Also I found something really interesting in sand dunes. Remember the sand dunes in Isla de Muerta.
Sand dunes

While sand itself can be an adverse dream, sand dunes are a different matter altogether. A sand dune represents protection as these are protected from distraction by law and this dream shows that you are longing for, or actively seeking, protection in your life. To understand what the protection you are seeking.

http://www.sleeps.com/dictionary/sss.html

Chiki Mina
wow people!! Never thought this thread would be filled with so many awesome ideas ad symbols!!

Mistypirate
I know, we came up with some really interesting symbols....This was a great idea, thank you Chiki.
What's curious, is that some of the symbols are tied up with some of the plots and themes of the movies. Don't matter if it has to do with it or not. Incredibly it all ties up really well, if you look at it in that point of view.

Mistypirate
Without a single doubt Liz's wedding bouquet were White Lily's. There are different kinds of Lily's but they are one the most used flowers in funerals. They are also use for weddings, but not commonly. The traditional wedding bouquets are carnation, daisy, forget me not, Ivy's, Red Rose, dwarf sunflowers, sweet peas and violets

The White Lily is one of the noblest as well as commonest flowers of the English garden. The Lily is also a symbol of Virginity, Purity, Majesty, It's Heavenly to be with You

Here is an interesting article about the Lily's
http://www.aboutflowers.org/thewhitelily_xgh.htm

Here is another article about 18th century weddings.

http://www.foreverandalways.com/info/Content/More-Wedding-Traditions/FAWeddingTipsInfoMoreWeddingTraditions.html

Mistypirate
Sorry for posting 3 times in a row.
In flower theology (religious studies) The White Lily represents Mary's Divine Maternity, her Perpetual Virginity, and her
Immaculate Conception.

Mistypirate

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting 4 times in a row. But I'm just excited, I love this thread. I wont post anymore I promise.

IMO Liz dropping the white Lily's could symbolize her, letting go of her purity and Innocence.

PirateDiva
^^ OMG ARE U KIDDING? you post as much as u want....i love hearing ur insight!!!

LovelyOne
yeah the lily is used at a funeral, Its obviously supposed to look like a funeral..in the commentary T&T say that the opening scene was originally the scene where jack was in a coffin, then the one where she looks as if she's at a funeral. Then that ties in with the ending..

the line "A lady widowed before marriage searching for her husband lost at sea"

also the thing about them meaning fertility?? big grin

One thing i notice about movie 1 & 2 they both start and end with Jack and Liz tied together in some way.

will movie 3 be the same?

usually the opening signifies something we will see at the end...in both movies so far its been a J/E thing..also both of Lizzies openings seem very dreamlike..T&T also said this on the commentary

Chiki Mina
Both of the movie ended with J/L tied together somehow. In the first movie when jack was singing pirates life he was thinking about liz, and I noticed on how liz said "hes a pirate" I believe she was also thinking about Jack.

The second the same. Jack battled the kraken for Liz to proove that hes the hero and a good man, and liz tears were of killing Jack, not A MAN, but jack sparrow.

LovelyOne
I actually mean that She's singing pirates life at the start..in the middle they both sing it and at the end Jack sings it

movie 2..Jacks in a coffin, Liz is mourning at a funeral basically IMO "her husband lost at sea" (line from the crew member) at the end we see it again..its mirrored

IMO they switched the opening scenes around(writers commentary) to what we see in the finnished cut because it would have "possibly" been too obvious where her heart "truly lies" right from the start..I can imagine watching it the first time..seeing Jack arrive in a coffin then seeing Liz bassically looking sad as if she's by a grave mourning the death of someone she loves..even before the movie gets going the opening being in the original order would suggest that its always been Jack who was her true soul mate, IMO anyway..it still kinda does..but there is less emphasis on it because will comes in between that scene and the introduction of Jack.

Chiki Mina
In the suppose leaked script liz is singing a song umm I forgot what was the name-i remember what was it about, but cant remember the name. You think Jack might sing that song by the end of potc 3 too? Just a stupid guess

Mistypirate
Ok something else I've notice is when Liz is kneeling down crying look at her eyes, the eyeliner is spread around her eyes, just like Jack's. Cool.
Take a look at this vid posted by Piratediva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tQIlViRjKk

Chiki Mina
i didnt think liz was wearing eyeliner at all.

CaptinJackLover
she was wearing abit...it did look like of like Jack's but just a tad

Mistypirate
I don't know what she was wearing but, thats what I'm referring to. She has something dark around her eyes.

Chiki Mina
maybe in the beach scene while jack was sleeping she checked his pockets and stole his eye liner lol

Mistypirate
Maybe she though it was stylish, and decided to steal it. smile

Chiki Mina
moving on lol

What other smbols. Oh and Im sorry Misty but what do the lilly flowers represent?

Mistypirate
moving on lol

What other smbols. Oh and Im sorry Misty but what do the lilly flowers represent?

The Lily is a symbol of Virginity, Purity, Majesty, It's Heavenly to be with You. And in Theology which is (religious studies) The White Lily represents Mary's Divine Maternity, her Perpetual Virginity, and her
Immaculate Conception.
IMO Liz dropping the white Lily's could symbolize her, letting go of her purity and Innocence

Chiki Mina
omg DUM DUM DUUUUM. Now that you mentioned that, the camera seems to focus on that part when she drops the flowers. I guess she had enough.

Mistypirate
Yes thats what I noticed big grin

Mistypirate
I'm going to keep searching for more clues and symbols. We haven't discuss Will, what clues and symbols could be foretelling, that he is going to stab the heart of DJ and become the next Capt of the FD?

Chiki Mina
Hey this is a dumb question. But what did Jack mean when he said tide and time something like that.

a-k-a-amber
he says time and tide luv... and im not sure

willofthewisp
What about the clock when Will is with Beckett? Do clocks or time play a part anywhere else? I thought the addition of the clock was pretty cool and symbolic for that scene. Are there any other references to that?

On another note, I think a huge symbol is the sea itself. Vast, endless,
I think the state of the water shows the state the characters are in. Look what it says in this dream dictionary.

"To see an ocean in your dream, represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.

To dream that you are traveling across the ocean, signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage."

Tee hee, I was looking up "ocean" in a dream dictionary and this is what it says for "oar," as in Jack and Will's weapon of choice for attacking each other.

"To see or use an oar in your dream, signifies control over your emotions. You are able to navigate through life based on the lessons and skills you have learned."

Chiki Mina
I know and isnt it funny on how jack was carrying that oar at the beach scene and he used it to smakc Will as in pay back.

What Im interested to know is why did jacks said time and tide

willofthewisp
When was that?

Tides might have marked time, so it might have actually been a pirate phrase.

Mistypirate
OMG yes, that is awesome. Never though of that. And that oar thing, it represents Jack, he is withholding his emotions. And he will learned his lesson sooner or later. That was a good find Willoft. big grin
Ill check the clock reference, but I thing it has to do with time running out, possibly Jack's.

-savvychick-
hehe, i wrote a poem called time and tide for english...lol, off topic, back to symbolsbig grin

willofthewisp
Could it also mean a time for change? DMC is all about the characters making changes in their lives.

Mistypirate
Time for a change? hum that is a really good point. That could be. It makes perfect sense.

Chiki Mina
TIme for a change. As in a new turn in life?

Mistypirate
Yes thats what it means? In what part of the movie do they show the clock? cant remember. Is it when Will is talking w/ Becket?

Chiki Mina
crap my mind is filled with webs. I need the dvd myself to see and annylize carefully.

willofthewisp
Yeah, Beckett is talking about how he needs Jack's compass and they look out the window and a big clock is being pulled up. I'm pretty sure it's close to the line "Jack Sparrow must find a place in the new world or perish."

I think time and change are big themes in both the movies, especially DMC.

Chiki Mina
AAAA Now I know what you're talking about! They were pulling that giant clock and thats when beckett said Jack must find his place in the new world or persih.

Oh and then comes the line form bootstrap "TIME IS UP, JACK SPARROW"

willofthewisp
Yeah, LovelyOne has also been noting the references made to children and I'm wondering if she thinks that Jack's biological clock is ticking and he wants children. Any thoughts?

Chiki Mina
woah. Yea there was something about children but mentioned in the game/site at the official site. But I dont remember it being mentioned in the movie.

LovelyOne
yeah that clock..its weird because the big hand is pointing to 2..it has a pattern in the middle that is sort of like the compass..we then cut Ddrectly to Jack looking at the compass and the point settles right where the big hand was on the clock..Just thought that was weird

ToddianGirl
Another really interesting thing that I found from this site called "Bud To Blossom" it's a blog the girl had typed up from information from the DMC Commentary. Here the link to read more Bud To Blossom

A really interesting one was about Captain Jack as the god in human form with the cannibals. They were talking abotu that idea being based on a real bear-worship tribe somewhere in Asia etc, and one of them said that Captain Jack as the god-man was a "subtle set-up for something that goes on in Pirates 3". Mmmm, interesting. I imagine it's something to do with how the Captain survives the Kracken and "defeats death" in some uber-spiritual/supernatural way.

LovelyOne
nop they are wrong laughing out loud

Tia is the one who is calypso trapped in human form, shes a goddess..they are just raising the theme methiks

they are being all cryptic with what they say again..to get people thinking its Jack IMO..

ToddianGirl
Adding More:
Birds - The soul, transcendence, spirits of air, ascent, communication, freedom, sight.
Crow - Messenger, death, wisdom, communication, the underworld.(Someone had said that there were crows in the begin)
Swan - Grace, balance, innocence, faithfulness, solitude, retreat, poetry, sincerity.
Link:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/animals2.
htm
Eding to Say: Yeah that's right lovelyone. That's Tia not Jack. All Though I do wonder how he got out of the Kraken.

LovelyOne
oh cool big grin

Swans are also known as the hypocrite lol or something I cant remember what exactly..but its because they are pure on the outside but their skin is darker underneath..

I think his body or soul was taken to the locker..it is weird how his body came back though isnt it? lolyeah the crows at the beginning and the one knocking on Jack's coffin big grin

Chiki Mina
I think they want to call jack immortal because he has survived many deaths. Hes not immortal, I guess he's lucky speaking in pirate terms( I dont belive in luck only miracles big grin)

Moving on, Jacks has cheated death many times, and its kind of funny on how they want to add Jack as a God trapped in human form when its really Tia. I think it was like a hint hint for movie 3

PirateDiva
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
Adding More:
Birds - The soul, transcendence, spirits of air, ascent, communication, freedom, sight.
Crow - Messenger, death, wisdom, communication, the underworld.(Someone had said that there were crows in the begin)
Swan - Grace, balance, innocence, faithfulness, solitude, retreat, poetry, sincerity.
Link:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/animals2.
htm
Eding to Say: Yeah that's right lovelyone. That's Tia not Jack. All Though I do wonder how he got out of the Kraken.

Why thank you i mentioned the CROW thing.....interesting...
CROWS mean death- and there was a crow picking at JACKS coffin at the begining of DMC....i think that was another foreshadow symbol of their part!!

crow also symbolizez underworld- could that mean purgatory? (where Jack is suppose to be now)

Chiki Mina
and jack shot the bird and killed it. remember

PirateDiva
I think they want to call jack immortal because he has survived many deaths. Hes not immortal, I guess he's lucky speaking in pirate terms( I dont belive in luck only miracles big grin)

Moving on, Jacks has cheated death many times, and its kind of funny on how they want to add Jack as a God trapped in human form when its really Tia. I think it was like a hint hint for movie 3

wHO SAID tHIS?

I dont know ladies....but like i've told MISTY i get the feeling that somehow JACK is gonna end up being IMMORTAL or something....my reason for thinking this is because...he comes back from the dead!

i mean in the leaked script it says something about a green flash in the sky that when u see its because a soul has crossed back over to the real world blah blah blah....and i just dont see how u can DIE getting eaten by the Kraken and end up in purgatory and then be back in the real world as if nothing happened, unless there was something SUPERNATURAL in the process that HELPED!!!

And ALSO i hear that the ENDING of AWE is like something out of this world...it was described as SUPERNATURAL...i think it was Geoffry Rush who said this!

Someone please correct me or feel free to slap me if u think im being silly!!!

PirateDiva
and jack shot the bird and killed it. remember

Yes meaning Defeating death......well that was interesting!!

Chiki Mina
I wonder how the kraken dies??

a-k-a-amber
in the script he does.... hmmm i dont know how he does...

Chiki Mina
well...he was inside with his sword ready so maybe he slashed like a maniac while he was inside the kraken

willofthewisp
That's what I would do, especially since I don't think Jack really got chewed up. I think he was just swallowed.

Back to the birds, what is the difference between a crow and a raven? Not that it makes a difference since both of them along with a floating coffin mean trouble. What does it say about sparrows?

Chiki Mina
All I know is that a sparrow always comes back for his soul mate.

a-k-a-amber
yep thats what i read

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>