Happy ThanksGiving

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
I know that this is off topic and all, forgive me, but i just wanted to wish my fellow KMC Comic Book Versus Forum members a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Enjoy your holiday everyone, be safe ....and get fat! big grin

trolly_crouchjr
Happy thanksgiving..2 bad they dont celebrate it here in singapore...

Badabing
Happy Thanksgiving to you Priest and all the other KMCers. cool

Howard_Jones
Happy Turkey Day folks. I've got a 19 pound bird waiting for me!

Devil Lance
Happy Thanksgiving

HelloThere
Well happy whatever to you Americans and whoever else. Even know I'm stuck starving !!

jgiant
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, U.S.A. U.S.A!

HelloThere
U.S.A thumb down evil face

Thanos_THOTU
Enjoy your turkey you lucky son-of-a-*****'es big grin

jgiant
U guys are just mad cuz we are the best, and we have awesome holidays...

HelloThere
laughing

I was joking before. But best is crap. My arse are you best there are LOADS of countrys better. But enough of this.

jgiant
I was joking too, tazmanian island is way better...

HelloThere
That is true. That place owns. cool

Priest
Happy Thanks Giving (2008) friends!

guy222
Have a great Thanksgiving my friend

Badabing
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Endrict Nuul
Happy Turkey-Day you bunch of wankers!!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Co-signed, 'cause I'm lazy.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Co-signed, 'cause I'm lazy.

Nah, its probably all that turkey you just eat or lack of food?

Lord Prime
Happy Turkey Day KMCers.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Nah, its probably all that turkey you just eat or lack of food?

Ten more minutes 'til everything is ready. stick out tongue

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Ten more minutes 'til everything is ready. stick out tongue

WOOOT!!!! enjoy!!!

I wish.....I could have Thanksgiving again..... sad

BruceSkywalker
Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

Now send me all the food big grin

Endrict Nuul
Can someone please invite me over for a turkey meal? sad

cloud102
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Happy Thanksgiving everyone..

Now send me all the food big grin

Same here!

rotiart

Maybe if you're ever in california.

btw. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I made a pot roast. my brother did the ham. my cousin did the turkey. we have stuffing, mashed potatoes. macaroni and cheese, family recipe salad, fried rice (Cause i'm asian) and a few other things i forget...

that was at 1 oclock in the afternoon.

I was supposed to go to another one at 10 am this morning... but the drive seemed too far and i didn't feel like deep fried turkey this year.

And my brother in laws family is doing a dinner one (they bbq, so they'll probably be rice pilaf and shish kebabs and stuff cause they're armenian)

Thanksgiving is a holiday of watching football (both games sucked today as they were both complete and utter blowouts) and eating food... on did i mention the pies and cheesecakes? omg. i swear to god. i'm lucky i'm not fatter than i am.

Stoic
Happy Thanks Giving everyone.

Raoul

i'm in ireland, how do you think i feel?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Raoul

Oh boy...now I'm going to picture Superman with an Irish accent everytime I read one of your posts...

The Pict

Drunk?

Ho Ho just kidding! ireland

Raoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Oh boy...now I'm going to picture Superman with an Irish accent everytime I read one of your posts...

my accent isnt that thick... i could probably put on a non irish accent easily enough...

Originally posted by The Pict
Drunk?

Ho Ho just kidding! ireland

nice smiley... i'll have to remember that one...

*looks at drink cabinet*

hmm

Wei Phoenix

*looks at drink cabinet*

hmm

Or whats left of it!

Raoul

The Pict

nice smiley... i'll have to remember that one...

*looks at drink cabinet*

hmm

Not quite as good as this one scotland

Raoul
Not quite as good as this one scotland

says you, mister rab c nesbitt... biscuits

srankmissingnin
Real Thanks Giving was over a month ago... stick out tongue

Happy Dance

The Pict
says you, mister rab c nesbitt... biscuits

I wish I was that funny sad

And Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys across the pond!

ultimatethor
Pfffft..... In Nigeria we dont have holidays celebrating the successful invasion and hostile takeover of someone elses country. ( and then go ahead and call it "thanksgiving"wink erm

Raoul
I wish I was that funny sad

And Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys across the pond!

hey, at least you understood the reference... that counts for something...

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Pfffft..... In Nigeria we dont have holidays celebrating the successful invasion and hostile takeover of someone elses country. ( and then go ahead and call it "thanksgiving"wink erm

laughing out loud

Endrict Nuul

Than please don't post your negative point of view here to ruin their holidays.

Badabing
Pfffft..... In Nigeria we dont have holidays celebrating the successful invasion and hostile takeover of someone elses country. ( and then go ahead and call it "thanksgiving"wink erm Well, maybe you should research the subject a bit more before you condemn an entire country. This type of post is not welcome.Originally posted by Raoul
hey, at least you understood the reference... that counts for something...

laughing out loud And you should know better not to encourage that sort of statement. facepalm

Anyway, my meal was delicious and it was nice to see everyone.

ultimatethor
Whoa. Sorry if i offended anyone. I really didnt mean to slander the U.S

Endrict Nuul
Whoa. Sorry if i offended anyone. I really didnt mean to slander the U.S

Just be careful, this may be be a UK site, but there are a lot of Western people on here also. Even still UK has different believes than you do. Just be careful what you say.

The Pict
Well, maybe you should research the subject a bit more before you condemn an entire country. This type of post is not welcome. And you should know better not to encourage that sort of statement. facepalm

Anyway, my meal was delicious and it was nice to see everyone.

Don't really think he meant anything by it

Just be careful, this maybe be a UK site, but there are a lot of Western people on here also. Even still UK has different believes than you do. Just be careful what you say about this stuff.

scream Who said what about the UK!?

Badabing
Whoa. Sorry if i offended anyone. I really didnt mean to slander the U.S Thanks. The matter is dropped then........until I say bad things about Thor. biscuits

Endrict Nuul
Don't really think he meant anything by it

Oh shit!! eek! I angered a Scotsman...EVERY ONE RUNNNN!!!!! eek!

Red Hulk
it are not thankgivings

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Red Hulk
it are not thankgivings

HUH? Bizzaro talk again.....

ultimatethor

cough.......Failed.....to qualify for........euro 2008.....cough whistle

Endrict Nuul

Oh snap!! now you have done it.

Raoul

hey, alot of countries didn't qualify... stick out tongue

Red Hulk
Just be careful, this may be be a UK site, but there are a lot of Western people on here also. Even still UK has different believes than you do. Just be careful what you say. Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
HUH?

HUH? Bizzaro talk again..... No, that's how cats talk.
I seen it on pictures.

The Pict

Did you see who we had in our Qualifying group!? sad France & Italy, man! (though we beat France twice, after France beat Italy,the current World Champions,making Scotland the Unofficial Champions for a bit. Not really)

Oh shit!! eek! I angered a Scotsman...EVERY ONE RUNNNN!!!!! eek!

Yeah! shakefist

You're lucky it's almost 3am and I'm lazy!

ultimatethor
hey, alot of countries didn't qualify... stick out tongue

Thats true.................... But when u consider that the UK in actuality is like 4 countries.....hmmm

Raoul
Thats true.................... But when u consider that the UK in actuality is like 4 countries.....hmmm

laughing out loud keep calling it the uk and pict won't happy...

Endrict Nuul
laughing out loud keep calling it the uk and pict won't happy...

*durhlk What! you live in UK also.

Raoul
*durhlk What! you live in UK also.

no expression no, oh hell no.

Badabing
Hey foreigners, stop intruding on the Thanksgiving Thread! durhulk

Red Hulk
Hey foreigners, stop intruding on the Thanksgiving Thread! durhulk Why make a Thanksgiving thread a month late?

Badabing
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Why make a Thanksgiving thread a month late? I completely forgot that Canada has a Thanksgiving too. embarrasment

Damn self centered Americans!!!! durfist

Brutacus
Hey foreigners, stop intruding on the Thanksgiving Thread! durhulk

With out our European ancestors, you wouldn't be eating that turkey right now wink .

So UltimateThor should blame the Europeans, not the US embarrasment .

And for the Soccer part UK can't help it they can't play soccer like us Dutch guy's wink.

All joke, have a good happy thanksgiving (even iff it's a month late) stick out tongue .

Badabing
Originally posted by Brutacus
With out our European ancestors, you wouldn't be eating that turkey right now wink .

And for the Soccer part UK can't help it they can't play soccer like us Dutch guy's wink.

All joke, have a good happy thanksgiving (even iff it's a month late) stick out tongue . Anytime I post a Dur I'm not serious. Plus I'm American! durfist

Endrict Nuul

All joke, have a good happy thanksgiving (even iff it's a month late) stick out tongue .

Yeah, damn Italians!!!!!!

Badabing
Yeah, damn Italians!!!!!! biscuits

Brutacus
Yeah, damn Italians!!!!!!

Well us dutch people are guilty for the slave trade over there or atleast had a mayor part in it embarrasment .

Charlotte DeBel

Well, any country has its fair share of ridiculous holidays.

Take the 8 March in ex-USSR countries and another close holiday (though not everywhere it's day off, Russia has it as day off and we don't)- 23 February.
The first one was originally introduced by early Soviet goverment as the day of the feminist movement, and another one was to celebrate the anniversary of Soviet Army being formed.

Realistically, over 70 years of Soviet reign and then in post-Soviet years, the first one (Women's day) has developed into a hybrid of Mother's day with some elements of St Valentine's day (it's a day when male members of household give presents to the female ones- my dad is relatively unlucky one in that regard since he has to buy presents for me, my mum and my sis, also it's traditionally the day when it's men who are doing the household jobs such as cooking etc- though I'm not against that, seeing as my dad is really good at cooking, and it's "happy day of doing nothing" for me).
Yellow mimosas are traditional flowers accompanying the gifts (though my Dad buys freesias for my Mum, and my boyfriend prefers to treat me with roses- it's cool since neither me nor my mother can stand mimosa, those are ridiculous kind of flowers).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women%27s_Day

The second one (23 February) is now named The Defender of the Fatherland Day, and it's something like Father day or the day when males are celebrated, regardless of whether the guy actually served in the army or just was happy to born with penis- even little boys get presents in that day (and that's where my dad sort of gets avenged in advance for 8 March since it's me and mum who give him presents).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_of_the_Fatherland_Day

So there's a ton of holidays in each country which are meaningless or ridiculous if you see them from historical POV, yet fun to celebrate.

The Italians, for example, have wonderful finale of Christmas season diverged from relatively unimportant from secular POV Christian holiday (the whole Befana fairy tradition).

And you Nigerians have something in March called Good Friday, what do you celebrate on that day?

Charlotte DeBel

It was England who failed, members of UK have their separate football (soccer for you yankees) federations.
Scotland did relatively well for example.

You talk about the same Dutch guys who had their minute of shame in Minsk getting beaten by us Belarusians.

Based on recent results, England>Belarus>Netherlands, thus England>Netherlands.

Mr. Funktastic
Originally posted by Priest
I know that this is off topic and all, forgive me, but i just wanted to wish my fellow KMC Comic Book Versus Forum members a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Enjoy your holiday everyone, be safe ....and get fat! big grin

Reported !

stick out tongue

Bentley

Hey don't blame us for the fact Nigeria has never successfully invaded another country!

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Well, any country has its fair share of ridiculous holidays.

Take the 8 March in ex-USSR countries and another close holiday (though not everywhere it's day off, Russia has it as day off and we don't)- 23 February.
The first one was originally introduced by early Soviet goverment as the day of the feminist movement, and another one was to celebrate the anniversary of Soviet Army being formed.

Realistically, over 70 years of Soviet reign and then in post-Soviet years, the first one (Women's day) has developed into a hybrid of Mother's day with some elements of St Valentine's day (it's a day when male members of household give presents to the female ones- my dad is relatively unlucky one in that regard since he has to buy presents for me, my mum and my sis, also it's traditionally the day when it's men who are doing the household jobs such as cooking etc- though I'm not against that, seeing as my dad is really good at cooking, and it's "happy day of doing nothing" for me).
Yellow mimosas are traditional flowers accompanying the gifts (though my Dad buys freesias for my Mum, and my boyfriend prefers to treat me with roses- it's cool since neither me nor my mother can stand mimosa, those are ridiculous kind of flowers).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women%27s_Day

The second one (23 February) is now named The Defender of the Fatherland Day, and it's something like Father day or the day when males are celebrated, regardless of whether the guy actually served in the army or just was happy to born with penis- even little boys get presents in that day (and that's where my dad sort of gets avenged in advance for 8 March since it's me and mum who give him presents).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_of_the_Fatherland_Day

So there's a ton of holidays in each country which are meaningless or ridiculous if you see them from historical POV, yet fun to celebrate.

The Italians, for example, have wonderful finale of Christmas season diverged from relatively unimportant from secular POV Christian holiday (the whole Befana fairy tradition).

And you Nigerians have something in March called Good Friday, what do you celebrate on that day?

Good Friday is celebrating during Easter. The day that i think u r talking about is a day commemorating the death of a Nigerian political leader.

ultimatethor
It was England who failed, members of UK have their separate football (soccer for you yankees) federations.
Scotland did relatively well for example.

You talk about the same Dutch guys who had their minute of shame in Minsk getting beaten by us Belarusians.

Based on recent results, England>Belarus>Netherlands, thus England>Netherlands.

Yeah I know there are seperate football federations in the UK but iirc there wasnt a single British team in Euro 2008. Happy Dance

Charlotte DeBel
Good Friday is celebrating during Easter. The day that i think u r talking about is a day commemorating the death of a Nigerian political leader.

http://www.qppstudio.net/publicholidays2008/nigeria.htm
I'm pretty sure there's a holiday or two that lost its original meaning as years pass and become just a holiday to celebrate, much like Thanksgiving in USA or the two examples of Russian holidays I've posted a bit above

Yeah I know there are seperate football federations in the UK but iirc there wasnt a single British team in Euro 2008. Happy Dance
Which only means they all sucked equally. Though England got the worst manager over the past century training their team, while say Russia was investing big money in management. Now Brits wised up a bit, inviting Capello and stuff.

ultimatethor
http://www.qppstudio.net/publicholidays2008/nigeria.htm
I'm pretty sure there's a holiday or two that lost its original meaning as years pass and become just a holiday to celebrate, much like Thanksgiving in USA or the two examples of Russian holidays I've posted a bit above

Which only means they all sucked equally. Though England got the worst manager over the past century training their team, while say Russia was investing big money in management.

Well good friday is celebrated during Easter period. But the actual period of Easter changes yearly so one year it could be in March and the next year in April. But yeah i get ur point.

As for the england I know that they had a sorry excuse for a manger in Mclaren but not even qualifying for euro's while in a relatively easy group is just rolling on floor laughing.

Charlotte DeBel
Well good friday is celebrated during Easter period. But the actual period of Easter changes yearly so one year it could be in March and the next year in April. But yeah i get ur point.

As for the england I know that they had a sorry excuse for a manger in Mclaren but not even qualifying for euro's while in a relatively easy group is just rolling on floor laughing.

I'm Christian (Orthodoxal Christian) so I know that the Easter is "moving" holiday.
I just didn't know that "Happy Friday" is a part of Easter Week.

We also have some holidays whose data of celebration is based off the data of Easter.
Here's an example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radonitsa

Though traditions described in Wiki article are mostly Russian ones except for eating habits' ones, we celebrate it a little different in Belarus, however there's always a "family reunion meeting" following the visit to the graveyards, but no presentgiving.
The only "presents" in that day are ritual candles and Easter eggs at the graves of departed ones, not the ones for those who's still with us.
=============
As for football, I won't call Croatia a pushover, and Russia...well, they got extremely lucky. They owe so much to Croats for beating England it isn't funny.

Raoul

we have good friday too, though i'm not sure if its the same one...

I'm Christian (Orthodoxal Christian) so I know that the Easter is "moving" holiday.
I just didn't know that "Happy Friday" is a part of Easter Week.

We also have some holidays whose data of celebration is based off the data of Easter.
Here's an example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radonitsa

Though traditions described in Wiki article are mostly Russian ones except for eating habits' ones, we celebrate it a little different in Belarus, however there's always a "family reunion meeting" following the visit to the graveyards, but no presentgiving.
The only "presents" in that day are ritual candles and Easter eggs at the graves of departed ones, not the ones for those who's still with us.
=============
As for football, I won't call Croatia a pushover, and Russia...well, they got extremely lucky. They owe so much to Croats for beating England it isn't funny.

oh, yeah, thats it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.