I really hope Sony can just get along with Nintendo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227
I really hope Sony can just get along with Nintendo.

Sony is losing more money as PS3 is being sold.

I personally have a strong feeling that Sony will eventually team up with Nintendo if Sony cannot win in Next-Gen System war.

PS3 might possibly be the last system we ever see made by Sony; therefore, Sony will re-team with Nintendo to make the next-gen console.

I think this is a good thing to go. If that really happens, we will get to play all games that had/have been released for all systems Nintendo and Sony ever made.

It will also indicate the doomsday of MicroSoft.

And there are three other systems that will join the Next-Gen war: Square-Enix, Panasonic and Logitech--and possibly SEGA.

If Sony reunites with Nintendo, their console will still be the most dominant, but things will get interesting.

I wanna know if you all support the idea of Sony goes back to team up with Nintendo or not.
The article is distributed by author, ysh227, at:

http://thebestworld.forumable.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=514&mforum=thebestworld#514

§P0oONY
They'll never team up.... The very idea is preposterous.

ysh227
They will have to if Wii cannot re-claim its reputation this time, and Sony cannot earn enough profit.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ysh227
They will have to if Wii cannot re-claim its reputation this time, and Sony cannot earn enough profit.

Erm... Bullshit? If the PS3 isn't successful Sony will most likely pump money into their next Playstation. The video games market is far to profitable for them to just back down from. They'll never have to work with Nintendo. If worst comes to worst Sony will buy Nintendo out. They won't ever work together. Nintendo are not going to go broke with the Wii.

ysh227
Each PS3 requires 1600 dollars of luxury to build.

§P0oONY

That made me laugh... Simply because it is utter bullshit.

Grinning Goku
Excuse me ysh, but do you work at Sony or something???

ysh227
I don't work for SONY, but I am familiar with a few reporters who live in Tokyo and who are responsible to write articles for their editors.

§P0oONY
I don't work for SONY, but I am familiar with a few reporters who live in Tokyo and who are responsible to write articles for their editors.

They probably said 1600 Yen.

Kero_Co
I don't think Nintendo and Sony will work together. I imagine that Nintendo will reclaim or almost reclaim its former glory, but when the next generation comes around sony will take nintendo's key concepts and make some type of Graphic/Gameplay super console that will finish off nintendo. After all, its tradition to "be inspired" by nintendo's ideas...

Victor Von Doom

ysh227
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I don't think Nintendo and Sony will work together. I imagine that Nintendo will reclaim or almost reclaim its former glory, but when the next generation comes around sony will take nintendo's key concepts and make some type of Graphic/Gameplay super console that will finish off nintendo. After all, its tradition to "be inspired" by nintendo's ideas...

You are an idiot....

Sony will buy out Nintendo

BackFire

This is very incorrect. The PS3 costs around $900 to make.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
This is very incorrect. The PS3 costs around $900 dollars to make.

No, it is you who are...is. It is you who were...you're wrong.

It's '$900 dollars' (psssshahahaha you wrote dollars twice) of luxury.

BackFire
Double Doh!

§P0oONY
It's spelt Dough..... We're not in Simpson land.. mhm

S-Ranger
You are an idiot....

Sony will buy out Nintendo

No sir your the idiot if you believe that.

~Flamboyant~
How could a PS3 be $900 to make, if they sell for $600?

ESB -1138

Ushgarak
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~

I am sure, if you apply yourself, you can work out the logic. It's not as if someone just said a logical impossibility.

§P0oONY

Software my dear friend, software.

Originally posted by ESB -1138
That made me laugh. That's utter bullsh!t right there. You know what why doesn't Sony just buy out Microsoft why they are at it?

It's cute that you think Nintendo is worth the same as Microsoft. petpet

I'm not saying Sony will, because Nintendo is a pretty valuable company but Sony are more likely to buy the controlling stake of Nintendo over working with them.

IceJaw

Because they have to be somewhat reasonable?

How much do Sony earn per sold console?

ESB -1138

Ushgarak
"Total" flop overstates the PSP issue. Twenty million sales is not a flop.

It just totally failed to dislodge the DS, and the games sales are poor.

A flop is something like the Virtual Boy.

Also, do be careful about the sales figures there. 200000 is too low for the global figure of PS3s, and you have used the global figure of Wiis, and furthermore that is the amount of Wiis expected by the end of the year, not launch day.

Sony have big enough problems there without need to exaggerate!

SaTsuJiN

§P0oONY
It's cute that you think Sony can afford to buy off Nintendo. Sony had to recall over 10 million CDs because if you played them on the computer they would download files from your harddrive which is illegal! The PSP was a total flop. All third party developers have pulled out of the PSP. And Sony only managed to get 200,000 PS3s out in time for launch date compared to the 4,000,000 Wiis.

Face it Sony is no longer a theart to Nintendo nor Microsoft.

You realise that Sony does more than Playstations right?

Lana
It's cute that you think Sony can afford to buy off Nintendo. Sony had to recall over 10 million CDs because if you played them on the computer they would download files from your harddrive which is illegal! The PSP was a total flop. All third party developers have pulled out of the PSP. And Sony only managed to get 200,000 PS3s out in time for launch date compared to the 4,000,000 Wiis.

Face it Sony is no longer a theart to Nintendo nor Microsoft.

200k PS3s is how many were available in the US at launch.

4 million is how many that Nintendo intends to have out on the market by the end of the year which it seems they will be able to do.

And PSP didn't completely flop, it did do fairly well at first, but as Ush said, it just couldn't really knock off the DS. It also didn't help that Sony put so much emphasis on all the other things a PSP could do - play movies, browse the internet, download stuff, etc. - that it's primary function, which is to play games, was more or less shoved aside and there's really very little in the way of decent games for it.

S-Ranger
LOL at whoever came up with the notion of Sony buying Nintendo one does not simply go up and do that Sony aint dumb they'd bankrupt themselves..They'll play it smart and let Nintendo ruin themselves then rip Nintendo off with a lifeline deal but there's no way you'll ever see Sony straight up off the bat go and buy Nintendo out.

OB1-adobe

I aware that reporters stretch facts and fat lie to tell a story

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Ushgarak
"Total" flop overstates the PSP issue. Twenty million sales is not a flop.

It just totally failed to dislodge the DS, and the games sales are poor.

A flop is something like the Virtual Boy.

I remember that thing! Glad I didn't buy one. Probably would have got epilepsy.

The PSP sales are not poor from where I'm sitting. Game sale kinda, but it is getting a ton better.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by S-Ranger
LOL at whoever came up with the notion of Sony buying Nintendo one does not simply go up and do that Sony aint dumb they'd bankrupt themselves..They'll play it smart and let Nintendo ruin themselves then rip Nintendo off with a lifeline deal but there's no way you'll ever see Sony straight up off the bat go and buy Nintendo out.

Okay so when will Nintendo ruin themselves? Let's see they run unopposed with handhelds (PSP is no challenge), heck the Nintendo DS was rated number 1 system of the year of 2005 even when it was up against the 360 and PS2 and Xbox. Plus with the Wii out which cost the less of the 3 Next-Gen consoles that helps.

Now then look at it like this. It's Christmas time, now the child asked for a Next-Gen console. The mom (or whatever) has 3 choices. The 360 ($400), the PS3 ($600), and the Wii ($250). Hmm which one will she decide on? The cheap Wii.

The PS3 games cost more then the 360 and the Wii. Face it, Nintendo will never fall.

wuTa
Non of the big 3 are gonna fail and its highly likely any of them are gonna buy one or the other out, they all earn to much revenue and are all billion dollar industries in there own right. The best case sceneario for gamers isnt one company buyin the other, its that if Nintendo could improve there hardware up to Sony and Microsofts level while still focusing and improving gameplay, and still be cheaper than the other two consoles which means that Sony and Microsoft would probally have to decrease there prices to compete better with Nintendo.

S-Ranger
Okay so when will Nintendo ruin themselves? Let's see they run unopposed with handhelds (PSP is no challenge), heck the Nintendo DS was rated number 1 system of the year of 2005 even when it was up against the 360 and PS2 and Xbox. Plus with the Wii out which cost the less of the 3 Next-Gen consoles that helps.

Now then look at it like this. It's Christmas time, now the child asked for a Next-Gen console. The mom (or whatever) has 3 choices. The 360 ($400), the PS3 ($600), and the Wii ($250). Hmm which one will she decide on? The cheap Wii.

The PS3 games cost more then the 360 and the Wii. Face it, Nintendo will never fall.

Easy lol i was on your side i was just pointing out Nintendo no matter how much we like them do shoot themselves in the foot sometimes with exclusives and game selections and it's been the same on every Nintendo Console. Other than that everythings smooth running.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by wuTa
Non of the big 3 are gonna fail and its highly likely any of them are gonna buy one or the other out, they all earn to much revenue and are all billion dollar industries in there own right. The best case sceneario for gamers isnt one company buyin the other, its that if Nintendo could improve there hardware up to Sony and Microsofts level while still focusing and improving gameplay, and still be cheaper than the other two consoles which means that Sony and Microsoft would probally have to decrease there prices to compete better with Nintendo.

If that were possible Nintendo would have done it.

They cant make a system equal to 360 or PS3 and keep costs down, and with the Wiimote (which is expensive) the Nintendo system would end up costing more then Microsofts or Sony's system.

Its not possible to do, if it were then Sony would have done it, and would have been owning in sales, but you cant make a high-end graphics console and still have it cost like $300, if you could, both Sony and Microsoft would have done it, because as it is currently, Sony and Microsoft are still losing money on every system sold. Where Nintendo was projecting profit from the Wii from launch day.

wuTa
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
If that were possible Nintendo would have done it.

They cant make a system equal to 360 or PS3 and keep costs down, and with the Wiimote (which is expensive) the Nintendo system would end up costing more then Microsofts or Sony's system.

Its not possible to do, if it were then Sony would have done it, and would have been owning in sales, but you cant make a high-end graphics console and still have it cost like $300, if you could, both Sony and Microsoft would have done it, because as it is currently, Sony and Microsoft are still losing money on every system sold. Where Nintendo was projecting profit from the Wii from launch day.

The Xbox 360 can be bought for 300 bones which refutes what you said about making a high-end graphics console and selling it for $300 . Just because none of them did it yet doesnt mean its not possible, Sony is losing money from there consoles right now because of shit marketing, the opposite could be said about Nintendo.

pr1983
I sincerely doubt sony will have to team up with nintendo or anyone else for that matter... the ps3 has only been released, and hasnt even hit europe yet, so any talk of less than impressive sales is, imo, incredibly premature...

even though the damn thing is bound to break down again and again and again... sad

i have to say though, the 360 is quite tempting, the price drop coupled with some pretty good recent games makes it a very attractive prospect...

sony has work to do...

wuTa
I was just referring to the simplicity of supply and demand. As of right not people are demanding it, Sony sure has hell ain't supplying it. (I'm sure your post wasn't directed towards just me but I'm just clarifying)

pr1983
I was just referring to the simplicity of supply and demand. As of right not people are demanding it, Sony sure has hell ain't supplying it. (I'm sure your post wasn't directed towards just me but I'm just clarifying)

i agree, and you're right... you meant 'now' right, not 'not' or am i wrong?

once sony can meet demand, i think we'll get a picture of how good sales are... even if they are bast*rds for making us wait even longer...

Superboy Prime
Sony & Nintendo getting along? You've got to be kidding me. After everything Sony has ripped from Nintendo do you really think the Big N would even consider an alliance? Not a chance...at least not in the near future. It's more likely such a feat might be possible with X360 instead.

Smasandian
Nintendo will never be bought out, or stop the console line.

I think it's been said before in past threads, but Nintendo has stated that if they dont make console's anymore. They will stop being in the game business. They wont just make games with their franchises.

Lana
The Xbox 360 can be bought for 300 bones which refutes what you said about making a high-end graphics console and selling it for $300 . Just because none of them did it yet doesnt mean its not possible, Sony is losing money from there consoles right now because of shit marketing, the opposite could be said about Nintendo.

You can get a 360 for $300, but you need to buy extra stuff to go with it as well - at the very least a memory card or hard drive. The core system really isn't a good deal.

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Sony & Nintendo getting along? You've got to be kidding me. After everything Sony has ripped from Nintendo do you really think the Big N would even consider an alliance? Not a chance...at least not in the near future. It's more likely such a feat might be possible with X360 instead.

Sony and Nintendo DID nearly team up in the past...a long damn time ago when Nintendo was putting out the NES, but still.

((The_Anomaly))

No you don't understand, they arnt losing money from "shit marketing" they're making systems and selling them for LESS then what it costs them to make the system. So for every system they sell, they lose money. Microsoft did the same on Xbox, and now are doing the same on the 360. In the last generation era Microsoft saw almost a ZERO (0%) profit from the Xbox console because of this same reason.

It cost Sony an insane amount of research and project development for the PS3, and the same for Microsoft. It will take YEARS before either company to start making any actual profit from the consoles because of what it costs them to make it and because of the money they spent on development of the systems. Until the tech becomes less costly TO THEM as the years go on, then they might see some profit. But as of right now both Sony and Microsoft are in the hole for every PS3 or Xbox360 they sell, its called long term profit. But its a risk because they might not actually sell what they think they will, and they could get screwed (like with the Xbox, though Microsoft didn't ever think they were going to make any profit from the first Xbox).

Nintendo is the only of the three currently that is making profit off they're system from day one. And they made a HUGE amount more profit then Microsoft did with the Xbox (even though it sold more) because they're development costs weren't as much, and with the Wii, because the tech isn't as costly. (though the Gamecube specs were significantly better then PS2's)

Right now Sony and Microsoft are banking on they're systems selling a specific amount so that a few years down the road they might see some profit from they're investments. Nintendo on the other hand is seeing profit from the Wii right now as we speak.

Smasandian
Actually, just recently MS has been making money for each console sold. Its roughly around 80 bucks I think.

It's rare that an console makes its money from console sales alone. It's all about the software. Each company gets money per individual game sold. That's why the console business is soo lucrative and expansive for publishers.
You never see that in the PC world.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by BackFire
This is very incorrect. The PS3 costs around $900 to make.

You sure about that? I figured it would be cheaper considering that they developed the tech themselves.

wuTa
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
No you don't understand, they arnt losing money from "shit marketing" they're making systems and selling them for LESS then what it costs them to make the system. So for every system they sell, they lose money. Microsoft did the same on Xbox, and now are doing the same on the 360. In the last generation era Microsoft saw almost a ZERO (0%) profit from the Xbox console because of this same reason.

No, I get it, and they are losing money from shit marketing, like I said before, its as easy as Supply and Demand. They spent a shitload of money into making the consoles and there not even on the market to buy. Thats not gonna turn a profit my friend.

It cost Sony an insane amount of research and project development for the PS3, and the same for Microsoft. It will take YEARS before either company to start making any actual profit from the consoles because of what it costs them to make it and because of the money they spent on development of the systems. Until the tech becomes less costly TO THEM as the years go on, then they might see some profit. But as of right now both Sony and Microsoft are in the hole for every PS3 or Xbox360 they sell, its called long term profit. But its a risk because they might not actually sell what they think they will, and they could get screwed (like with the Xbox, though Microsoft didn't ever think they were going to make any profit from the first Xbox)..

Sony is a billionare dollar industry, and both them and MS are worth way more than Nintendo(which is also a billinare dollar company in itself which says alot right there), so they can afford the research, believe me. Like I said, both companies are worth more than Nintendo, and one reason why is because they do more than just the Game Industry, but when they sell a shitload of Playstations and Xboxs they get more consumers buying more of there products other than games thus raising there revenues, like you said its about the long term, but more specifically, its about the big picture. Your'e coming off as if the PS3 and Xbox 360 is gonna run both companies to the ground, but the chances that will do nothing but help both compaines are more likely than they were to hurt both companies

Nintendo is the only of the three currently that is making profit off they're system from day one. And they made a HUGE amount more profit then Microsoft did with the Xbox (even though it sold more) because they're development costs weren't as much, and with the Wii, because the tech isn't as costly. (though the Gamecube specs were significantly better then PS2's)

Right now Sony and Microsoft are banking on they're systems selling a specific amount so that a few years down the road they might see some profit from they're investments. Nintendo on the other hand is seeing profit from the Wii right now as we speak.

Yea, and the chances of both Sony and MS profiting overall from there products are very good, at the very least they will come out even from the PS3 or 360 but that would still bring there business revunies to an increase thuse making a profit, like I said, big picture. But I am rooting for Nintendo out of the 3, like I said before, best case scenerio for gamers would be if Nintendo outsold the PS3 and Xbox 360, and they have a good chance of doing that in this generation of consoles, with the Gamecube, not so much. Not that the Gamecube was bad, but Xbox and PS2 were better equipped and around the same price so chances of Gamecube outselling them were not so much.

wuTa
Originally posted by Lana
You can get a 360 for $300, but you need to buy extra stuff to go with it as well - at the very least a memory card or hard drive. The core system really isn't a good deal.

I know, but if you know what your doing you can make all the upgrades yourself and it will still come out cheaper than $400.

Originally posted by pr1983
i agree, and you're right... you meant 'now' right, not 'not' or am i wrong?

once sony can meet demand, i think we'll get a picture of how good sales are... even if they are bast*rds for making us wait even longer...

yea, I meant "now", my bad.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
You sure about that? I figured it would be cheaper considering that they developed the tech themselves.

That's around the correct number.

I still cost money for parts, and the manufacturing of them.

Just look at how much an Blu Ray player cost and you can see the amount of money Sony is losing.

ESB -1138
Sony is a billionare dollar industry, and both them and MS are worth way more than Nintendo(which is also a billinare dollar company in itself which says alot right there), so they can afford the research, believe me. Like I said, both companies are worth more than Nintendo, and one reason why is because they do more than just the Game Industry, but when they sell a shitload of Playstations and Xboxs they get more consumers buying more of there products other than games thus raising there revenues, like you said its about the long term, but more specifically, its about the big picture. Your'e coming off as if the PS3 and Xbox 360 is gonna run both companies to the ground, but the chances that will do nothing but help both compaines are more likely than they were to hurt both companies

Yeah the thing is, Sony isn't doing so well with anything else it has. It had to recall over 10 million CDs because they downloaded contents from your computer which is illegal!! Yeah that's going to have a lot of people get off the Sony band wagon right there. And heck the Apple iPod seems to be taking over the music business.

Smasandian
Sony is definitly not doing as good as they have been.

Sony is seriously putting alot on the shelf with the PS3. If it fails, then Blu Ray will fail and that will seriously put a dent into Sony.

Just checking wikipidia, "Sony has reported a loss of 94% of its profits for the fiscal second quarter of 2006, and has lost roughly 40% of its value from 2001 to 2006."

AstroFan
I really really really doubt it will ever happen, but I hope it doesnt. Sony consoles have always been shit to me, I dont want Sony to team with Nintendo and make broken down Wii2's.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Smasandian
Sony is definitly not doing as good as they have been.

Sony is seriously putting alot on the shelf with the PS3. If it fails, then Blu Ray will fail and that will seriously put a dent into Sony.

Just checking wikipidia, "Sony has reported a loss of 94% of its profits for the fiscal second quarter of 2006, and has lost roughly 40% of its value from 2001 to 2006."

Here's a Sony's electronics division, which accounts for two-thirds of the company's revenue, has seen profit plummet over the last decade.

1996: Nearly 200
1997: Nearly 250
1998: Over 300!!
1999: Around 100-150
2000: Less then 100
2001: Nearly 250
2002: Under 0
2003: Around 50-100
2004: Under 0
2005: Almost -50
2006: Almost -50

This is of cost in billions (yen).

pr1983
I know, but if you know what your doing you can make all the upgrades yourself and it will still come out cheaper than $400.

yea, I meant "now", my bad.

no biggie...

if sony stopped making substandard products, their profits would be higher, i dont get whats so hard to understand about that for the boys at sony...

Darth Jello
Everyone has problems-

XBox 360-
Overheating problem, glitchy software, ruins games. multiplayer put on backburner compared to online play.

PS3- Expensive, too complex for many third party developers, few launch titles, probable backwards compatability problems.

Wii-Firmware problems, initial scant selection of interesting games, annoyingly right-hand centric control scheme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.