Batman vs Shang Chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
Batman

vs

Shang Chi, The master of kung fu

No prep. bloodlust is on.

Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325529& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378050& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396462& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

batdude123
Batman.

Gadgets seal it.

Starhawk
Could he beat him hand to hand?

Soljer
Shang Chi would whip up on Batman in hand to hand.

With Gadgets? Eh...I'm not entirely sure, if Batman wins at all, it's definitely not a large majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Shang Chi would whip up on Batman in hand to hand.

No.

I understand Shang Chi is a phenomenal h2h combatant, but if Wolverine can b*tch him in a couple of moves, then Batman can fair pretty well himself.

Howard_Jones
Shang Chi has also bested guys far above Wolverine though. One bad feat doesn't make him horrible.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Shang Chi has also bested guys far above Wolverine though. One bad feat doesn't make him horrible. So has Batman. His skills are on par with Shang-Chi. Easily.

batdude123
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Shang Chi has also bested guys far above Wolverine though. One bad feat doesn't make him horrible.

Wolverine's beat him twice if I remember correctly.

Also, Batman beats people far above Shang Chi on a regular basis.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by batdude123

Also, Batman beats people far above Shang Chi on a regular basis. And that is money.

Soljer
Wolverine beats everyone, it's in the contract. Ignoring THAT showing, and looking at ANY of his others? Taking into account the incredible Chi showings he has? He can DEFINITELY take Batman hand to hand.

batdude123
Wolverine beats everyone, it's in the contract. Ignoring THAT showing, and looking at ANY of his others? Taking into account the incredible Chi showings he has? He can DEFINITELY take Batman hand to hand.

Taking into account all the incredible feats BATMAN has had that you're not acknowledging? The fight would be closer than you're admitting.

Soljer
Taking into account all the incredible feats BATMAN has had that you're not acknowledging? The fight would be closer than you're admitting.

Who said that I'm not acknowledging Batman's feats? Chi's are just superior, on the whole.

batdude123
Who said that I'm not acknowledging Batman's feats? Chi's are just superior, on the whole.

No, not really. Batman has feats that are just freakin' incredible.

h2h 5/10

with gadgets bats 8/10

Batman's suit also gives him leverage in the h2h department.

snoopdogg
A little off topic but the thing I love about Batman is you take Mcgyver, Bruce Lee, Einstein, & Donald Trumb put all of their distinguising attributes together and you get Batman.

Howard_Jones
Back to the debate:

When it comes to H2H, Shang is on par with Batman. It's the suit and gadgets that score the win.

Also, Wolverine beats everyone. When Loeb takes over the book, expect to see him punch out Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

newyorkcares
Good fight , but in the end, it's going to the bat. Ive said before,and i will say it again"Batman is arguably one of the best human level martial artist's in all of comics,(like top 5)if you
are human level combatant and you get in a fight with Batman, you are probably going to get your @$$ kicked."

Mrrungo Mu
Shang wins..

Rewmac
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325529& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378050& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396462& amp;highlight=title%3A%28batman+shang+chi%29+forum
id%3A77

I hate when people do this. Who cares if it was done before. I see it has been done 3 times. Like the half of the ongoing threads.... Geeez. Why can't people just answer or make meaty reply.

I'll go with Batman here. His feats and showings in the last couple of years are pretty good.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
Shang wins..

... an ass whoopin'

Soljer
Originally posted by Rewmac
I hate when people do this. Who cares if it was done before. I see it has been done 3 times. Like the half of the ongoing threads.... Geeez. Why can't people just answer or make meaty reply.

I'll go with Batman here. His feats and showings in the last couple of years are pretty good.

But not as good as Shang's.

Chi beats Bruce in hand to hand.

Gadgets shift things into batman's favor.

batdude123
But not as good as Shang's.

Chi beats Bruce in hand to hand.

Gadgets shift things into batman's favor.

Yeah... actually they are just as good. erm

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi is better then Batman. He is stronger, he is faster and he is more skilled. This fight for all purposes is Batman vs. Lady Shiva... if she was strong enough to uproot trees (okay... it was half a tree) and beat people with it like it was a baseball bat. Gagdets are the only thing that insures that Batman doesn't speed the rest of his life drinking O.J. through a straw in a hospital bed.

Soljer
Yeah... actually they are just as good. erm

So says the poster with the Batman inspired name, avatar, and signature, wink.

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shang Chi is better then Batman. He is stronger, he is faster and he is more skilled. This fight for all purposes is Batman vs. Lady Shiva... if she was strong enough to uproot trees (okay... it was half a tree) and beat people with it like it was a baseball bat. Gagdets are the only thing that insures that Batman doesn't speed the rest of his life drinking O.J. through a straw in a hospital bed.

Are we talking about the same Lady Shiva who has a losing record against Batman? confused

I've seen Batman kick entire trees and 5-inch thick steel doors down before.

That doesn't really impress me.

Batman can ALSO amp himself up with chi just like Shang can.

batdude123
So says the poster with the Batman inspired name, avatar, and signature, wink.

Your "you're a fanboy for Batman" arguments don't impress.

srankmissingnin
Are we talking about the same Lady Shiva who has a losing record against Batman? confused

I've seen Batman kick entire trees and 5-inch thick steel doors down before.

That doesn't really impress me.

Batman can ALSO amp himself up with chi just like Shang can.

Batman has never beat Shiva in fair, one on one combat. End of story.

There is a difference between kicking a tree in half and grabbing one by the trunk, uprooting it and using it as weapon. Shang Chi is just better then Batman.

Comparing Batman's chi amping abilities to Shang Chi is like comparing Shang's to Iron Fists'

Soljer
Your "you're a fanboy for Batman" arguments don't impress.

I never said that you were a fanboy, I was just pointing out that your opinion that Batman's feats are just as good as Shang Chi's is a biased one, just as Capt it up's opinion's on Wolverine feats would be, or Grimm's feats on Thing would be.

Though, Grimm IS a bit of a fanboy, so maybe that's taking it a little too far....

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Batman has never beat Shiva in fair, one on one combat. End of story.

There is a difference between kicking a tree in half and grabbing one by the trunk, uprooting it and using it as weapon. Shang Chi is just better then Batman.

Comparing Batman's chi amping abilities to Shang Chi is like comparing Shang's to Iron Fists'

He's gotten the better of her on two occassions that I recall of (besides the Superman/Batman occassion).

Right, and there's a difference in the fact that Batman with just one kick, kicked down a 50 foot tall, 3 foot wide oak tree, vs. half a tree. The feets are relatively = in retrospect. Not to mention the... you know... 5-inch thick steel door thing.

Do I really have to mention all of the meta humans Batman has taken down with just one kick/punch/pressure point strike?

Not to mention, Batman's suit gives him the advantage in a purely physical fight.

All things being =, Batman takes this with gadgets 8-9/10.

batdude123
I never said that you were a fanboy, I was just pointing out that your opinion that Batman's feats are just as good as Shang Chi's is a biased one, just as Capt it up's opinion's on Wolverine feats would be, or Grimm's feats on Thing would be.

Though, Grimm IS a bit of a fanboy, so maybe that's taking it a little too far....

I admit when Batman is outclassed.

Soljer
I admit when Batman is outclassed.

And he isn't OUTCLASSED - It's not like he's fighting Spiderman.

However, even if not entirely outclassed, he is still inferior to Shang is a straight-up fight.

Gadgets give Batman the win.

capt it up
No.

I understand Shang Chi is a phenomenal h2h combatant, but if Wolverine can b*tch him in a couple of moves, then Batman can fair pretty well himself.
differences is logan has superhuman stats while batman does not. batman will be fighting a person close to on par if not par in fighting skills. He will also be facing a person who has superhuman stats becuase of chi.

so lets see
strength shangchi
agility shang chi
reflexes shang chi
senses shang chi
skills around equals
expereince around equals

shang-chi just has the better stats which will be batmans down fall not to mention logans foughten many chi wielding fighter which I don't recall batman fighting to many of thoses thats why logan was able to do what he did

Badabing
Originally posted by capt it up
differences is logan has superhuman stats while batman does not. batman will be fighting a person close to on par if not par in fighting skills. He will also be facing a person who has superhuman stats becuase of chi.

so lets see
strength shangchi
agility shang chi
reflexes shang chi
senses shang chi
skills around equals
expereince around equals

shang-chi just has the better stats which will be batmans down fall not to mention logans foughten many chi wielding fighter which I don't recall batman fighting to many of thoses thats why logan was able to do what he did
I can't wait until Batdude comes in and explains Batman's training and his use of Chi. eek! You're in for it bro. laughing

capt it up
Originally posted by Badabing
I can't wait until Batdude comes in and explains Batman's training and his use of Chi. eek! You're in for it bro. laughing
I know his training and chi using ive seen the post before how ever he not nearly as powerful with it as shang-chi nor does he use it as much. Hell logan can use his chi energy as well but he not nearly as good with it as say shang-chi or IF

batdude123
Originally posted by capt it up

so lets see
strength shangchi
agility shang chi
reflexes shang chi
senses shang chi
skills around equals
expereince around equals

Logan is enhanced. All that aside, he still shouldn't have schooled Chi in what... two moves? That's called either:

A) Bad writing.

or

B) Shang just isn't that good.

And since I know it's not the latter, I'll go with "A."

Batman has fought the best masters in the world who all use chi. He can also amp himself up using chi just like Shang can. Simply because he doesn't use it often, doesn't mean he can't.

Oh, and since when can Chi amp himself up on the fly? You'd think that with a flury of pressure point strikes coming at Shang, he wouldn't have enough time to amp himself up using chi.

Batman also has a trump card in this as well: Death blows. He has the ability to kill you in one shot (leopard blow and tiger fist).

Not to mention the countless amounts of meta humans he's taken down in one strike. Shit, he's disabled opponents before with one simple touch

All the stats you listed are debateable, considering all the mystic training Batman has had before.

I'll just say it's a tie in the h2h department, but Batman's gadgets win this one for him 8-9/10.

Faceman
Logan is enhanced. All that aside, he still shouldn't have schooled Chi in what... two moves? That's called either:

A) Bad writing.

or

B) Shang just isn't that good.

And since I know it's not the latter, I'll go with "A."

Batman has fought the best masters in the world who all use chi. He can also amp himself up using chi just like Shang can. Simply because he doesn't use it often, doesn't mean he can't.

Oh, and since when can Chi amp himself up on the fly? You'd think that with a flury of pressure point strikes coming at Shang, he wouldn't have enough time to amp himself up using chi.

Batman also has a trump card in this as well: Death blows. He has the ability to kill you in one shot (leopard blow and tiger fist).

Not to mention the countless amounts of meta humans he's taken down in one strike. Shit, he's disabled opponents before with one simple touch

All the stats you listed are debateable, considering all the mystic training Batman has had before.

I'll just say it's a tie in the h2h department, but Batman's gadgets win this one for him 8-9/10. Marvel is its own worst enemy... sad

guy222
bumprav

Daredevil1
Batman 6-7/10

CaptainStoic
I always thought of Batman as being superior in strength while Shang Chi is a better striker, but what happens if Batman turned the fight into a grappling match?

Phantom Zone
Batman wins due to gadgets.

Warrior18
With gadgets Bats takes 7/10 I think.
Without gadgets and strictly h2h, Shang clobbers Bats 10/10. Shang Chi's very impressive chi amping is the key in my opinion. I'm one of those who thinks Bats is equal to or greater than Shang Chi in skill though.

occultdestroyer
Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.