Xbox 360 - Pro vs Core question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Röland
I know that the Pro version comes with extra stuff like a hard drive and wireless controllers, while the Core comes with standard stuff and no hard drive.

I am going to be buying the Core version for my b-day next week. I live out in the country so I don't get high speed internet and b/c of that I have no intention of getting Xbox Live.

My question is this, is the Pro version worth that extra $100 if I'm not going to be downloading/playing Xbox Live?

ESB -1138
A lot of the games (Gears of War, Halo 3, and so on) require you have a harddrive.

BackFire
Get the pro system, the harddrive is very useful and a lot of games are optimized to make good use of it. Also the wireless controller and component cables are worth it.

Think of it this way. If you get the core system you'll still need to buy at least one memory card for 40 or 50 bucks (don't remember what it is). So, you might as well spend the extra 50 or 60 bucks and just get the pro system with all the good stuff.

Plus, your area may get broadband at some point, and you may want to get live when that happens.

Röland
Ok thanks for the help guys.

So the harddrive is needed for memory usage or does it actually help improve game performance? Because I know I will be getting Gears of War when I buy it.

BackFire
I don't think Gears uses it to improve performance, and I don't think it's correct that Gears requires you to have one.

Superboy Prime
Get the Pro system. The core system was a mistake. You'll eventually want to get a hard drive, and besides you'll need the hard drive to play X-box games(Halo 2, Halo) and you don't need Live to DL the emulators. Just go to gamestop/EB etc. Anyways it's your choice but I highly recommend the PRO system, you're better off buying a Wii than a Core X360.

Lana
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t375090.html

Stuff like this should go in that thread.

And basically, the premium system is a much better deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.