beta ray bill vs gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Martian_mind
Both r to powerful charcters who resemble popular heroes. who wins this clone battle

King_Mungi
Beta Ray Bill, he's equal to Thor in every way.

Martian_mind
mungi u do know that u were the first person to post in both of my first two threads

King_Mungi
Nope didn't know that, but I guess that's why I'm known as the King :P

Martian_mind
u rock all hail king mungi

bigbran
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Beta Ray Bill, he's equal to Thor in every way. He's meaner.
Also, ya Beta wins.

Martian_mind
i agree though im wondering if gladiator mightmange to pull a stunt like the one with vulcan

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
i agree though im wondering if gladiator mightmange to pull a stunt like the one with vulcan

You mean be immune to attacks because he believes he is?

Or make him one-eyed?

Martian_mind
the one that makes gladiator invunerable if he tore out bills eye he probably would spend three weeks in hospital having bills hammer removed from his a**

Roldz
The hammers just too versatile for Glads.. Itd definetly be a good fight dough...

Accel
Glads should really take this due to his speed advantage. No amount of attitude is going to save Bill from a speedblitz if he isn't fast enough to counter it.

Martian_mind
he is fast enough he has flown into a planet hard enough to destroy it and has fought a herald of galactus he also flew half a galaxy in a few minues

Accel
That's all dandy, but it doesn't tell me he's any faster than Thor, who imo doesn't have the reflexes to react the a speedblitz like this either.

bigbran
Originally posted by Accel
That's all dandy, but it doesn't tell me he's any faster than Thor, who imo doesn't have the reflexes to react the a speedblitz like this either. Wait, where did you get that from?
If your talking about Spider-Man, Masterson Thor is a pussy.

Beta was able to suprise Stardust.

Martian_mind
ineed he was

Roldz
The problem is Glads wouldnt be fighting BRB fightin alone but also the hammer..

Accel
Originally posted by bigbran
Wait, where did you get that from?
If your talking about Spider-Man, Masterson Thor is a pussy.

Beta was able to suprise Stardust.
I wasn't even thinking of Masterson Thor, even though (pussy or not) he still had Thor's reflexes and couldn't hit Spidey.

I'm referring to regular Thor who couldn't keep up with Mongoose or even tag Daredevil.

Accel
Originally posted by Roldz
The problem is Glads wouldnt be fighting BRB fightin alone but also the hammer..
Which isn't a problem if the guy holding the hammer isn't fast enough to react to you.

bigbran
I wasn't even thinking of Masterson Thor, even though (pussy or not) he still had Thor's reflexes and couldn't hit Spidey.

I'm referring to regular Thor who couldn't keep up with Mongoose or even tag Daredevil. Oh, so your not talking about the Thor, that, beat Loki, and Fenris (both had hammers, almost exactly like Thor's), in one page, without a hammer, with speed, skill, and strength?

Martian_mind
superman was also knocked out by a gas explosion spider man took firelord and champion for all his supposed might almost always loses hulk beats thor stuff like this happens

Accel
Oh, so your not talking about the Thor, that, beat Loki, and Fenris (both had hammers, almost exactly like Thor's), in one page, without a hammer, with speed, skill, and strength?
That's supposed to convince me he can react to a speedblitz of this caliber?

Accel
superman was also knocked out by a gas explosion spider man took firelord and champion for all his supposed might almost always loses hulk beats thor stuff like this happens
The difference here is, Thor is consistently shown to NOT have FTL reflexes. It's not just some random incident every now and then.

bigbran
That's supposed to convince me he can react to a speedblitz of this caliber? First, your going to need to show me a scan of Gladiator speedblitzing.
I don't remember him really doing one, especially to someone like Beta.

Roldz
Ahh but the hammer is as fast as BRB's thoughts, so even dough BRB is below Glads in reflex the hammer compensate for that, and all you need is a good hit from BRB or the hammer and hed be on top, brutal and merciless, Glads however is not...

Martian_mind
Consistently wat other events besides the one you listed show him as slow

Accel
First, your going to need to show me a scan of Gladiator speedblitzing.
I don't remember him really doing one, especially to someone like Beta.
You actually need evidence that "I can move at hyper speeds" Gladiator can speedblitz?

Martian_mind
He has bigbran but i still doubt he can speedblitz bill

Accel
Ahh but the hammer is as fast as BRB's thoughts, so even dough BRB is below Glads in reflex the hammer compensate for that, and all you need is a good hit from BRB or the hammer and hed be on top, brutal and merciless, Glads however is not...
At the same time all Glads needs to do is knock Stormbreaker out of his hands. The whole point of the argument that BRB's reflex are below Gladiator's is that he's not going to get the chance to hit him with his hammer.

bigbran
You actually need evidence that "I can move at hyper speeds" Gladiator can speedblitz? Hey, Surfer can't speedblitz because he hasn't really done one in comics.

Accel
Consistently wat other events besides the one you listed show him as slow
Not really slow, he's just not that fast in the reaction department.

Really, there's nothing to convince me he can move faster than some metahumans.

Martian_mind
bill doesnt become human if he loses stormbreaker plus he can still control the weather so it would be hard for glads to speedblitz if bill is surrounded by lightning

Accel
Hey, Surfer can't speedblitz because he hasn't really done one in comics.
Says who?

Accel
bill doesnt become human if he loses stormbreaker plus he can still control the weather so it would be hard for glads to speedblitz if bill is surrounded by lightning
Kallark will already be on him before he can do any thing. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

UniOmni
Me.

Its not right to say that Surfer can speedblitz, when he's never shown it on panel.

bigbran
Says who? Go in the Surfer vs DC Earth, and say he speedblitzes someone.

Roldz
At the same time all Glads needs to do is knock Stormbreaker out of his hands. The whole point of the argument that BRB's reflex are below Gladiator's is that he's not going to get the chance to hit him with his hammer.
Thats what i mean and would be at BRBs advantage, Glads be fighting 2 opponents... BRB and the hammer / is controlled by thought and is a lot faster than BRB..

Martian_mind
Hes blocked bullets by moving one arm hes moved faster than a human can see and ran new york in a heartbeat also been described as fast as lightning so obviously if he can run that fast he ust react faster

Accel
Originally posted by UniOmni
Me.

Its not right to say that Surfer can speedblitz, when he's never shown it on panel.
I frankly see it as a silly point to say someone can't speedblitz some one else when they clearly have the speed advantage, such as this fight.

Accel
Thats what i mean and would be at BRBs advantage, Glads be fighting 2 opponents... BRB and the hammer / is controlled by thought and is a lot faster than BRB..
Stormbreaker doesn't have a mind of its own. It's controlled by BRB, who's not as fast as Glads.

Accel
Hes blocked bullets by moving one arm hes moved faster than a human can see and ran new york in a heartbeat also been described as fast as lightning so obviously if he can run that fast he ust react faster
Because we all know Gladiator only moves as fast as a speeding bullet.

Accel
Go in the Surfer vs DC Earth, and say he speedblitzes someone.
I generally tend to stay away from those kinds of threads.

Any way, from what I recall, he has blitzed Nova as well as Thor. I believe he's also done it to Supreme IIRC.

Roldz
Stormbreaker doesn't have a mind of its own. It's controlled by BRB, who's not as fast as Glads.
I agree that Glads is faster than BRB but the combined attack between hammer and BRB should compensate for that.. BRB inhance carbonite, his got quite speed and reflex on his feat and Stormbreaker SofL speed and control via his thought, he can use that defensively/offensively and can automaticly appear back at his hands when needed for extra power.. That should null Glads reflexes advantage and even up the field..

Howard_Jones
This would probably be the greatest comic fight ever if drawn. I could see these two hammering at each other until they stalemated, because I honestly think they're equal.

Stalemate if Glads keeps his confidence up.

carver9
It is actually stated that gladiator moves at warp speed and it was stated when gladiator fought the fantastic four that he moves at the speed of light when he was flying to earth and the city was shaking and reed looked at the monitor and quoted how fast gladiator was flying towards earth. Gladiator is waaaaaaaaaaay faster than superman. Thats why people base a full confident gladiator off of pre superman not post.

carver9

Howard_Jones

King_Mungi
BRB has shown to actually destroy planets with ease, hell, I suggest you all read Stormbreaker. Also as stated BRB can go lightspeed as well.

Howard_Jones
I own it. I'd still put Gladiator very close if not equal to him.

King_Mungi
I wouldn't, he has far to much versitility. Even Thor has shown to go multiple speeds of light and as stated BRB is his equal. In Stormbreaker he traveled across the galaxy in mere moments.

Washco
Hasn't Thor already beaten Glads, dont remember which comic but Ive seen the scans here on these forums. So, if Thor can do it, so can BRB.

Accel
I wouldn't, he has far to much versitility. Even Thor has shown to go multiple speeds of light and as stated BRB is his equal. In Stormbreaker he traveled across the galaxy in mere moments.
Thor and BRB both travel that fast by throwing their hammers first and being pulled by them. That's FTL speed, but not reflexes when the hammers are the ones doing the flying.

Badabing
Originally posted by Washco
Hasn't Thor already beaten Glads, dont remember which comic but Ive seen the scans here on these forums. So, if Thor can do it, so can BRB.
I have the issue where they fought on a space and the fight was broken at an apparent draw. Then I also saw the scans where Thor put a beating on Glads. Have they fought any other time?

Howard_Jones
Thor and BRB both travel that fast by throwing their hammers first and being pulled by them. That's FTL speed, but not reflexes when the hammers are the ones doing the flying.

I'd say that he Bill has reflexes that are though. He did clock Surfer out of nowhere, and half the Infinity Watch had trouble tracking him until Drax and whatshisface finally got a couple good licks in.

King_Mungi

I know I never stated otherwise, but Gladiator's reflexes in actually combat havn't been the most stellar. Travel speed and combat speed are completly different.

Soujaboy
Bill wins due to being vastly more powerful.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Bill wins due to being vastly more powerful.

You hear the new BRB news? it's definetly confused me, but definetly has my interest

Accel
I know I never stated otherwise, but Gladiator's reflexes in actually combat havn't been the most stellar. Travel speed and combat speed are completly different.
I would put more faith into being able to take off under one's own power than having to swing a hammer first.

King_Mungi
I would put more faith into being able to take off under one's own power than having to swing a hammer first.

Actually no, as stated in the handbook Stormbreaker allows him to fly not just go with the hammer.

Accel
It's still the same as Thor. And since Thor needs to swing Mjolnir in order to fly any where at FTL speeds, the same idea should apply to Bill.

King_Mungi
It's still the same as Thor. And since Thor needs to swing Mjolnir in order to fly any where at FTL speeds, the same idea should apply to Bill.

The handbook actually stated fly, not go go with the hammer. He has even redirected his position while flying as well, which he couldn't go if he was gliding

Accel
When I hear he flies w/ the hammer, I imagine it refers to the same fasion as Thor. I don't see any other way Stormbreaker could allow him to fly.

Or do you mean the handbook specifically stated that he isn't pulled by the hammer when he flies?

King_Mungi
When I hear he flies w/ the hammer, I imagine it refers to the same fasion as Thor. I don't see any other way Stormbreaker could allow him to fly.

Or do you mean the handbook specifically stated that he isn't pulled by the hammer when he flies?

Well couldn't Alpha Ray before his upgrade fly on his own as well? the form he took before Asgardian Bill

Just says fly.

Accel
Well couldn't Alpha Ray before his upgrade fly on his own as well? the form he took before Asgardian Bill.
Not that I recall.

King_Mungi
The original version of Alpha Ray could, I just don't remember if Bill's could or did. It would explain how he could change direction in mid-flight.

Grimm22
Beta Ray Bill, he's equal to Thor in every way.

And he has his horse powers to boot yes

air beardey
Originally posted by Badabing
I have the issue where they fought on a space and the fight was broken at an apparent draw. Then I also saw the scans where Thor put a beating on Glads. Have they fought any other time?

i dont own the issue but ive seen posts where gladiator absolutley rapes thor. i think it goes to glads. hes just better than BRB.

Martian_mind
No he isnt

carver9
After defeating Wonder Man, Gladiator is attacked by Masterson-Thor.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad6.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad7.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad8.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/EricGlad9.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...EricGlads10.jpg

Howard_Jones
The original version of Alpha Ray could, I just don't remember if Bill's could or did. It would explain how he could change direction in mid-flight.

I don't think he flew. I remember him able to jump really high though.

King_Mungi
None of your images work

carver9
sorry about that: see if these work:

Gladiator vs. Thor. (Much older Gladiator.)
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...ThorGlad1-2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jona...r/ThorGlad6.jpg

carver9
This is where i got it from

http://z9.************.com/The_Avengers_Mansion/index.php?showtopic=231&st=0&#last

Howard_Jones
You may wanna put the space betweeen Invision and Free.

The link to that forum is in my profile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.