Heroes/Villians Psi-War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
Okay who wins based on pure Telepathic ability?

Heroes:

Prof X
Martian Manhunter
Emma Frost
Rachel Summers
Jean Grey
Oracle (Imperial Guard)
Moondragon (No Gem)

vs

Villians:

Shadow King
Despero
Mastermind
Cassandra Nova
Gamesmaster
Stryfe
Vulcan

guy222
Originally posted by Starhawk

Heroes:

Prof X
Martian Manhunter
Emma Frost
Rachel Summers
Jean Grey
Oracle (Imperial Guard)
Moondragon (No Gem)

vs

Villians:

Shadow King
Despero
Mastermind
Cassandra Nova
Gamesmaster
Stryfe
Vulcan

Heroes

Gamesmaster
Gamesmaster's origins and background, as well as the potential of his power, are larely unknown. For one thing, he isn't a telepath, but rather an omnipath, having constant mental contact with every mind on the planet. Recently, it has been suggested he may even be able to communicate with animals. He's shown the ability to easily defeat the X-Men but stopped his assault once convinced a fight with Professor X would be more his level. I personally think he would easily defeat Professor X. Villains win here.

guy222
Originally posted by Gamesmaster
Gamesmaster's origins and background, as well as the potential of his power, are larely unknown. For one thing, he isn't a telepath, but rather an omnipath, having constant mental contact with every mind on the planet. Recently, it has been suggested he may even be able to communicate with animals. He's shown the ability to easily defeat the X-Men but stopped his assault once convinced a fight with Professor X would be more his level. I personally think he would easily defeat Professor X. Villains win here.

Can the Gamemaster defeat Rachel or Emma?

DigiMark007
Vulcan's a telepath?

Despero's a beast with TP...he was faring well against both J'onn and Aquaman simultaneously. He might decide it.

HandOfFate
The heroes for the win.

Prof. X, Moondragon and Manhunter each have global level telepathic feats. smile

Gamesmaster
Are you crazy? It's been suggested that Gamesmaster is the most powerful mutant alive. Not only is Gamesmaster an omnipath able to control an entire town of ppl at once, but he also can cancel nearly any mutant's powers, except for Jean Grey and Husk for some odd reason.

Professor X, Moondragon, and Manhunter can not defeat him, not even Emma. Combine that with the fact that Despero is on the team. No brainer here. Villains win.

Gamesmaster
In fact, Gamesmaster's omnipathic abilities are so strong with billions of voices rattling in his mind at once that he nearly went insane. He has to keep those strange devices around his head to block some out, but basically he's Professor X with Cerebro always combined with contacting animals and canceling out mutant powrs. That and Despero. Come on, give me a break.

TricksterPriest
I'm assuming Jean Grey and Rachel are capped at non-PF levels.

I'll co-sign with Gamesmaster. Given the description of his namesake's level of TP power, and combined with Stryfe, Despero and the others, this looks like a massive curbstomp for the villains. Though, perhaps you should sub J'onn out for his evolutionary throwback form. Something with a little 'fire' to it? wink

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm assuming Jean Grey and Rachel are capped at non-PF levels.

I'll co-sign with Gamesmaster. Given the description of his namesake's level of TP power, and combined with Stryfe, Despero and the others, this looks like a massive curbstomp for the villains. Though, perhaps you should sub J'onn out for his evolutionary throwback form. Something with a little 'fire' to it? wink

Trickster, who is this Gamesmaster. Is he that powerful.

Utrigita
He is yes but Gamesmaster is forgetting that Jean Grey is in the Heroes team as well, she has been capable of defeating him once, I really cannot see the problem for her doing it again.

I would say the Heroes apart from Gamesmaster they team doesn't rival the heroes telepathic powers.

Martian_mind
Nothing he said about Gamemaster make's him better than Jonn....Jonn constantly has millions of thoughts drifting through his head,yet he doesn't need any device to tune them out.Whole villages of people under control is impressive yet Jonn was controlling every Villian on earth at the same time including the Joker,whose insanity is so great it made the Spectre falter.

Speaking of Spectre,Jonn was able to stop him dead once with a Telepathic Shout and then proceed to force his way into the Spectre's mind.He was also able to read Dr destiny's mind even when Destiny obtained omnipotence,he could also mindf*ck a guy who was warping earth on a global scale,Resist the mind-probes of 70 white martians at once and use his Tp to find Queen of Fables,a being who Possesed Near-omnipotent magic.

However the villians take this hands down.That post was mearly stating that the only being on the Villians team who stands a chance against Jonn is despero due to past encounters.

qqqqqqq
villians

Utrigita
And we must not forget that the Heroes have two omega-leveled Mutants on there side (Jean, Rachel) I think they would easily be capable of defeating, Gamesmaster and then they could go help Jonn out.

Gamesmaster
Again, forgetting that Gamesmaster's top limit of power has not been shown, though he has bragged he could control everyone on the planet at once. I recently read they've stretched it as far as plants even, not just animals.

Yes, he was defeated by Jean Grey, but only with the help of Husk, who had to surround himself in a shell that for some odd reason couldn't be penetrated. He has defeated and even kidnapped her before, so in this battle, they'd obviously take her out first while Despero alone fought all the others. And obviously, due to the rule of "exclusion unless specified," Jean and Rachel are not at PF levels.

HandOfFate
In fact, Gamesmaster's omnipathic abilities are so strong with billions of voices rattling in his mind at once that he nearly went insane. He has to keep those strange devices around his head to block some out, but basically he's Professor X with Cerebro always combined with contacting animals and canceling out mutant powrs. That and Despero. Come on, give me a break.

Okay, you do know that just because Gamemaster is in contact with billions of minds, it doesn't make him more powerful then Xavier.

Xavier without Cerebro backing him up and while sitting on an orbiting moon was able to make mental contact with 8 billion skrulls.

So, what evidence do you have showing Gamemaster as a superior telepath, other then your opinion?

Again, forgetting that Gamesmaster's top limit of power has not been shown, though he has bragged he could control everyone on the planet at once. I recently read they've stretched it as far as plants even, not just animals.

So there no proof, just opinion?

Cosmic Flame
One of the big problems with Gamemaster is that most of the hype about what he can do comes from him, not others. Can we have some feats of his, preferably those involving other TPs?

This goes for all of the TPs listed: It's easy to be considered a beast when you're fighting people that essentially can't fight back. The minds of TPs are tricky places, though. And while DC TPs have fantastic feats, they also don't have the restrictions that Marvel TPs have because of Magneto.

Many of the TPs listed are heavy hitters, but aren't known for their feats against other TPs. Still unsure how to call it.

juggernaut66666
Villains.

Utrigita

Yes, he was defeated by Jean Grey, but only with the help of Husk, who had to surround himself in a shell that for some odd reason couldn't be penetrated. He has defeated and even kidnapped her before, so in this battle, they'd obviously take her out first while Despero alone fought all the others. And obviously, due to the rule of "exclusion unless specified," Jean and Rachel are not at PF levels.

Have the upper limits of Jean Greys and Rachel Summers powers ever been specified? And when the X-men found her she was capable of defeating him WITHOUT the help of husk.

Clearly she has also defeated him, so he defeating her isn't a profe of anything. And even without PF the are still omega leveled mutants.

Gamesmaster

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Starhawk

Heroes:

Prof X
Martian Manhunter
Emma Frost
Rachel Summers
Jean Grey
Oracle (Imperial Guard)
Moondragon (No Gem)

vs

Villians:

Shadow King
Despero
Mastermind
Cassandra Nova
Gamesmaster
Stryfe
Vulcan
Team one Heroes

Gamesmaster
Gamesmaster manipulates the weaker heroes of team 1 so that only a few remain heroic while the others are now on team 2, and while the others may try to stop him, he could simply cancel out their power. Despero would ensure they wouldn't have long to think. Even Shadow King has proven to be a match for Prof X. You can continue dissing Gamesmaster all you want, but I would bet money that the villains win here.

Cosmic Flame

TricksterPriest
no, MM has not taken down Despero. It's usually the other way around. Not to mention Moondragon and Oracle are crap. and Stryfe is being slept on. The villains are just way more powerful.

swerve1988
why isn't APOC here

Utrigita

HandOfFate

Gamesmaster
Does it, HandofFate? I mean, the fact that his power could be so strong that he is an omnipath in essence, and madness isn't necessarily a weakness in battle, as evidenced by the above comment regarding Joker. If he wears this device that limits his powers and still yet manages to defeat many mutants, where is your evidence that without the device he couldn't blow Prof X or even Jean Grey away? Without evidence we have a stalemate at best.

However, I'm still of the opinion that the villains would most likely be victorious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.