colossus vs cyclop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
who wins

snoopdogg
Well as much as I live Colossus he will have a hard time beating Cyclops. I lean towards Cyclops. He can attack from a distance.

jacobo0o
kool!! cylcop rocks!!

Kid Kurdy
Metalmanx ? Metalmaaaanx !!! We need you over here.

Tek888
it all comes down to this:
can cyclops lasers hurt colossus?

jacobo0o
its not laser its optic blast

Tek888
well, whatever. the question is if clop can hurt colossus

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tek888
it all comes down to this:
can cyclops lasers hurt colossus? Well he has not yet.

Colossus takes a highpower blast to the face unhardmed:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossustakingblastunc175.jpg

Here Colossus blocks a blast with his hands:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandWolverineXM24.jpg

And for sh!ts and giggles here Colossus walks right through Havoks blasts:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossusandhavok2.jpg

jacobo0o
so...............does that mean colossus win?

Brian Oswald
Colossus could take some wins. I'm sure about the majority

jacobo0o
got any scans on cyclops optic blast?

Brian Oswald
What about Cyclops optic blast?

H. S. 6
I have a hard time seeing Cyclops winning here.

It's possible, if he truly didn't hold back and blasted Peter with everything he had, Colossus would be hurt. However, I find it doubtful, especially seeing the scans snoop provided above.

Colossus takes this one.

SpunkySmurph
Yeah, but Cyke HAS grown alot more powerful since then.

The main issue for Cyke, I believe, would be CIS. Because Colossus is willing to go the whole way, do what it takes, even if it means smashing his teamates.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Cyke. erm

I don't know how much Scott would hold back

Tek888
then its decided... cyclops loses here

H. S. 6
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Yeah, but Cyke HAS grown alot more powerful since then.

The main issue for Cyke, I believe, would be CIS. Because Colossus is willing to go the whole way, do what it takes, even if it means smashing his teamates.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Cyke. erm

I don't know how much Scott would hold back

True

And he certainly wouldn't go full power on a team mate. All Colossus has to do, though, is land a single solid punch and Cyclops is down for the count. yes

Rewmac
Cyclops could take the visior off and it would be a win by BFR.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Rewmac
Cyclops could take the visior off and it would be a win by BFR.

Like I said, I doubt Cyclops is going to go full blast on a teammate. And anyway, Colossus would probably be knocked down before leaving the arena, and even if he did, it's possible he'd be able to get up and walk right back. erm

How durable is Colossus' metal skin?

Colossus is like 3x Cykes bodyweight in steel form and damn solid. He is also trained in h2h combat. One solid hit = KO or even death.

Cyke is more agile than Colossus though. So he could evade until he is able to set up some ranged attacks. A solid Optic Blast to the face will most likely KO Colossus for the win. If said blast doesn't KO Colossus, the following could happen:

- Colossus walks through beam (while taking a small amount of damage) and eventually crushes Cyclops.

OR

- Cyclops increases intensity of beam, or decides he wants "Colossus off his lawn" which could be the end of Colossus.

I give 8/10 to Cyclops.

manorastroman
considering that some of those scans provided by snoop state that a full power blast would "cripple him...or even worse", and also considering cyclops has DRAMATICALLY increased in power since then...

let's put it this way: does anyone think that colossus could survive the blast cyclops unloaded on bishop? the blast that cracked onslaught? the blast that atomized sinister? the blast that put down apocalypse?

Omega-level
Cyclops took down Colossus, Sasquatch and Brawler with ONE BLAST in the X-men vs Alpha Flight crossover. He can certainly blast down Colossus alone. And, like manorastroman, he had feats that shows that it's not impossible for him to do that at all. Unless they begun too close to each other, Cyke wins 9/10.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Omega-level
Cyclops took down Colossus, Sasquatch and Brawler with ONE BLAST in the X-men vs Alpha Flight crossover.

That was magically enhanced Cyclops that was altered by Loki, and they were right back up afterwards. Hardly a feat

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King_Mungi
That was magically enhanced Cyclops that was altered by Loki, and they were right back up afterwards. Hardly a feat I'm not knockin ya King but I think it's funny you become involved once Sasquatch is brought into this.

beer

And yea you are correct.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I'm not knockin ya King but I think it's funny you become involved once Sasquatch is brought into this.

beer

And yea you are correct.

I can say the exact same thing with you and Colossus, but no really I had the issue and remember it completly. He was wrong.

H. S. 6
Don't forget about a thunderclap. Cyclops would be vulnerable to one, and even if it doesn't put him down, he'd certainly be feeling it, and Colossus would be able to take advantage.

peejayd
* how about this? confused

Originally posted by manorastroman
considering that some of those scans provided by snoop state that a full power blast would "cripple him...or even worse", and also considering cyclops has DRAMATICALLY increased in power since then...

let's put it this way: does anyone think that colossus could survive the blast cyclops unloaded on bishop? the blast that cracked onslaught? the blast that atomized sinister? the blast that put down apocalypse?

I'd like to see "the blast that put down apocalypse". Anyone have a scan?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Metalmanx ? Metalmaaaanx !!! We need you over here.

Ahhh!! I'm here! I'm here! What's the situation? stick out tongue

This match could go 50/50. Colossus is durable enough to withstand Cyke's optic blasts, however, he could still be attacked indirectly (creating a giant pit for Colossus to fall into, etc.) and lose.

Obviously, if Piotr gets his hands on Scott, it's all over.

Edit: Forgot about the Thunderclap. Colossus wins 8/10.

Jyppe
Has Colossus ever thunder clapped? I mean it might be harder for him to create a huge thunderclap as his hands are somewhat small. Colossus could make the ground quake though.

xmarksthespot
In theory an optic blast could dissipate the wavefront of the thunderclap.

Martian_mind
In theory communism works

xmarksthespot
It does look like Al Gore.

Martian_mind
lol

Martian_mind
I all seriosness i believe that Cyc could win by blowing the gound beneath colossus from under his feet

don't shiv
a stamp from Collussus and the ground shakes Cyke silly Piotr leaps feet first at cyke for a drop kick in the kisser.

Russian Roullette.

yestinchong
I've said my bits on Cyclops vs. Colossus before in another thread, but here we go....

1. People are right to mention the fact that Cyclops was holding back when Colossus was brainwashed into being the Proletarian. You can see it as plain as day in snoop's scan that is what Scott was thinking. Seeing as both these characters have had power increases in the years since then, it's hard to say who would KO who.

2. Cyclops HAS knocked out Colossus before with a blast - around UXM 160-ish where he was infected by the Brood. The one change to his powers was a wider arc of blast, but he still succeeds in knocking Piotr out cold. Someone please find a scan of this, i am still scannerless....

3. What about the most recent issues of adjectiveless X-Men? When Northstar takes off Scott's visor and he accidentally lets rip in the mansion? While nobody can tell if Colossus is KO'd (the next time we see him he is up and about in the very end of the issue...as was Cyclops), but what you can definitely see from the panel where Scott fires off is that Colossus is knocked off his feet. Is it because of the ground being destroyed? Maybe.....i guess nobody can say.

4. While i agree that in Asgardian Wars Cyclops was given control of his blasts "magically", where does it state that he was also given a power boost as well? It doesn't. In fact, when he loses control at the end, you can see Scott thinking that his powers are just as destructive as before. So i don't think he was given a power boost....merely control. However, i do agree that all three people knocked down by the blast were up in a few panels time.....the point remains that Cyclops, should he choose to, can knock Colossus off his feet. I suppose what he does (or what Colossus does) after that is open to debate...

5. An ancient issue of UXM, probably only about 15 issues into the All New All Different run....the one where Angel (who is an imposter) takes off Cyke's visor and lets rip at Colossus.....while Piotr stands up to the blasts, you can see he is thinking that the blasts are also "burning" him. Again, this was a long time ago, so both characters have changed.

6. Using the example of the Havok vs. Colossus is not particularly valid. We all know Cyke has concussive force, not plasma based. So while Piotr may be able to withstand Havok's assault, he won't necessarily be able to do the same to Cyke. Moreover, while it has always been stated that Alex has potentially more power than Scott, that doesn't mean he is more powerful at this point in time.

Anyway....who wins? The wins depend on how badly Cyke wants this. I think he will get the 1st hit in....his powers give him that speed advantage. What matters is how much power he chooses to use in that initial hit. Personally, i think there's enough evidence out there to suggest Cyke could KO Colossus....or even more if he wanted to. But if he's holding back, which he nearly always does, then Colossus can withstand the initial attack and then proceed to KO Cyke pretty easy....

HandOfFate
Colossus would win. At most Cyke could knock him down a couple of times.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Jyppe
Has Colossus ever thunder clapped? I mean it might be harder for him to create a huge thunderclap as his hands are somewhat small. Colossus could make the ground quake though.

Superman thunderclaps all the time. And his hands are smaller than Colossus's. wink

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Jyppe
Has Colossus ever thunder clapped? I mean it might be harder for him to create a huge thunderclap as his hands are somewhat small. Colossus could make the ground quake though. I don't think he has. But I don't see why he couldn't do it. Actually I would think his thunderclap might be more potent then a normal one cause of his metal hands. Banging two pieces of metal together with massive force would f*ck your ears up bigtime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.