"lust" & "cemistry"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turbo-charged
What is this lust and chemestry you seem to find with JAck and Liz?? Is it a "oh they make a cute couple thing"? or an opinion on how they look together?? I really don't get it so please educate me on this topic. Please make you theories as short as possible, for sake if basics.
Thank you

Mistypirate
Who? confused

Turbo-charged
sorry edited that

LovelyOne
basically I like the Jack/Liz thing because they seem to show eachother their true sides when around each other..they are comfortable to show their true colours...but I think Liz totally took it a step to far this time.

Jack only seems to show his true, weaker side to Elizabeth she took advantage once and Jack saw that she was really a pirate deep down.

I think the reason why they are so interesting to watch is because Elizabeth does have the potential to help Jack find his true place in life if she was to be with him and not use hom to her advantage..if she realises she loves him then he can have a reason to exist once piracy comes to a close..

Chiki Mina
You have been reading all our theories we have dozens of posts on how they both have chemistry lool

LovelyOne
and the lust and chemistry IS there hence the fact the writers talked about it in the commentary for the DVD..when you get it listen to it and you will understand smile

Chiki Mina
Oh yeah Lovely I forgot you have the dvd. You live in england right?

Turbo-charged
hmmm all his is very interesting but are the producer/director bluffing or teling the future with these commentaries?

LovelyOne
I think they are only revealing whats going on in DMC..not what could possibly happen because the scenes that indicate what may happen in the future..the writers remain silent on the commentary at those moments laughing out loud

For example the end scene...they say nothing and I personally do think Elizabeth realised something about Jack and realized something about herself once she did what she did to Jack on the pearl...I think it hit her hard this time...and I think is because she realizes she cares for Jack enough to know that she doesn't want to use his own caring side against him anymore..because his caring side is often towards her

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
hmmm all his is very interesting but are the producer/director bluffing or teling the future with these commentaries?

I haven't seen the commentary yet, but from what I head they seemed to root for W/E, the J/L aspect was just a bit of "lust". But that doesn't necessarily imply that its going to end W/E.

LovelyOne
misty..they do seem very W/E but they do imply that once she has kissed him there is something deeper there as well but she pulls back..

Turbo-charged
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I think they are only revealing whats going on in DMC..not what could possibly happen because the scenes that indicate what may happen in the future..the writers remain silent on the commentary at those moments laughing out loud

For example the end scene...they say nothing and I personally do think Elizabeth realised something about Jack and realized something about herself once she did what she did to Jack on the pearl...I think it hit her hard this time...and I think is because she realizes she cares for Jack enough to know that she doesn't want to use his own caring side against him anymore..because his caring side is often towards her
big grin this why LO I love yourtheories! yes but the DMC DVD hasn't come out has it? confused

Chiki Mina
I think that they havent noticed on how so many fans want Jack to have Liz. Its just that so many of us were like "what if" and then it turned out to be true.

So T&T must be like "nahhh not alot of ppl want J/L" but helloo. If none didnt want that then the ratings wouldve gone down complaining that Jack is not to have Liz.

Mistypirate
misty..they do seem very W/E but they do imply that once she has kissed him there is something deeper there as well but she pulls back..

Yes....And they said, " And she has to admit the she did feel something" thats a small hint, I think. But when someone listens to the DVD commentary for the first time would think that the real love story is based on W/E and nothing else. But then comes this line at the end... and bang. That little line says a lot. IMO they used a lot of caution in that commentary to not give anything away

Turbo-charged
who knows I was intersted in what the chemestry is

LovelyOne
yeah misty..they also say "she has this.... desire as well"..the way they say "as well" suggests IMO that its something different to what they were talking about before hand.

they said that the compass doesn't show you your hearts true desire..they don't use the word desire throughout the entire thing, they use the word "want" and "lust"..then all of a sudden once she's "slaked her lust and drowned her guilt" they then say say she feels something anf has a "desire" AS WELL which often goes much deeper and is closer to the heart.

If it was "only lust" that caused her to lean in again and admit she feels something then thats inconsistent with what they have been saying..they have been saying she's had lust for him through out much of the movie..and that is the main reason for her kissing him and removing him from her life.. then they suddenly use the word.."desire.."..and imply that she has "feelings for him"

Naomi Harris says Tia Dalma can see people's true hearts/desires and ..as soon as they say this line in the commentary..in the next scene Liz is sitting with a woman who can see where her heart truly lies and IMO she "helps" Elizabeth on her way..and Liz's last choice is indeed Jack Sparrow before the credits role.

Mistypirate
Chemistry. smile

-a science that dealing with the structure, composition and properties of items and with the transformations that they undergo - the composition and chemical properties of a substance - chemical processes and phenomena (as of an organism) - a strong mutual attraction, attachment, or sympathy ("they have a special chemistry"wink

And here is the romantic defenition of chemistry

http://www.echemistry.com/romantic_chemistry/short_definition.htm

Turbo-charged
no expression wow

Mistypirate
Sii big grin Lovely... they used the desire word as well, I forgot about that. I think want and desire are practically the same word. Once again they have given us small subtle hint, that is really hard to get. You practically have to analyzed it really good in order to understand.

Turbo-charged
I forgot- when does the DMC DVD come out?

Mistypirate
Dec 5, big grin

LovelyOne
I dont think desire and want are the same..desire is much deeper than mere want..it often ties in wth something you truly yearn for because you feel a need for it..want is something you want but dont really need

Turbo-charged
yes but ,.. oh I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Mistypirate
I dont think desire and want are the same..desire is much deeper than mere want..it often ties in wth something you truly yearn for because you feel a need for it..want is something you want but dont really need

But I think it is somewhat related, yes I agree that desire is a much deeper feeling, when it is towards a person. But when I looked the at the definition of want, and this is what I found.

WANT , desire, fancy, wish for, would like, feel like, crave, covet, yearn for, hanker after, be after, be looking for, require.

Turbo-charged
hmmm so technicly they are the same

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
hmmm so technicly they are the same

I believe that somewhat.

LovelyOne
well IMO Ted and Terry don't view the two words as the same..they say in the commentary, the compass doesn't show you your heart's desire..they say it only shows you what you want..which is something much less and it can constantly change..a desire is deeper than want, its more permanent in their books and mine than what want is..want can change and its not as strong as desire which is more like a craving...lol

they suddenly say "she has this desire as well" before they were only talking about lust and want..IMO what ever she was feeling there once she had kissed him was not just lust based or want based..it was something much closer to her heart and what her heart is crying out for..and she doesn't listen to it...she holds back.

Desire, craving, longing, yearning suggest feelings that impel one to the attainment or possession of something. Desire is a strong feeling, worthy or unworthy, that impels to the attainment or possession of something that is (in reality or imagination) within reach: a desire for success. Craving implies a deep and imperative wish for something, based on a sense of need and hunger: a craving for food, companionship. A longing is an intense wish, generally repeated or enduring, for something that is at the moment beyond reach but may be attainable at some future time: a longing to visit Europe. Yearning suggests persistent, uneasy, and sometimes wistful or tender longing: a yearning for one's native land.

SarahB
wow ..lol u rly kno how 2 write hehe....yep all tht i agree 2...so in tht case wud u say tht jack is or elizabeth is longin 4 jack or elizabeth...or any ov th eother wrds uve used?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.