audio commentaries from DMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pirate_1987
The audio commentaries from Ted and Terry
someone already posted it. I think
It shows that maybe Jack and Elizabeth will end up together big grin

Tia Dalma's hut
Ted:
There was an important line about the compass, where Tia says "Jack Sparrow does not know what he wants, or is it that he knows what he wants but he is loath to claim it for his own".
Terry:
Another little bit of connective tissue is that it is Jack Sparrow who says a woman is what vexes a man, calling back to what might possibly be his own issue with the compass at that moment.
Ted:
Something is vexing Jack Sparrow...

Elizabeth: You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword?
Ted:
It's what they've been doing for the last year, for three hours a day.

The Curiosity scene
Terry:
Well, also, he's justifying the issue of the compass. He finds himself, how can he possible be attracted to Elizabeth? She's not his type, so to speak, but here he's actually making a claim that she is his type, or else, of course, why would he be attracted to her?
Ted:
But the fun is that they're both basically saying that they want the other one, but they don't want the other one, and so they're challenging each other, saying "this is the only possibility I'd ever want you"
Terry:
Right, it's terms. "I want you, but on my terms, not on your terms". "Well, I want you, but on my terms, not yours". And so, whose terms are gonna be met?
Ted:
-I think there was still a part of her that would have liked to be kissed.

Jack: Why is the rum always gone?
Ted Elliott:
-It calls back to the scene between Jack and Elizabeth, trying to put into the audience's mind that Elizabeth is playing into Jack's thoughts at some degree.

Jack on the longboat holding the compass
Ted:
I think that compass pointed towards land.
Terry:
I think it never changes for Jack, I think the whole movie it's pointed...I won't say.

Jack and Elizabeth Kiss
Terry:
-The Kiss...Louise, a novelist, had a great description of that, which she wrote to us. It was "with the kiss of death-scene, Elizabeth gets to both slake her lust and literally drown her guilt"...
Ted:
...for feeling lust for somebody other than Will.
Terry:
Yeah, would she had been so severe on Jack if she had not been so tempted of him? When he's dead, he's no longer a temptation...and she has to admit that she did feel something, she had this desire as well. But she holds back.

What do you think?

willofthewisp
"Elizabeth: You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword?
Ted:
It's what they've been doing for the last year, for three hours a day."

Lol, meaning they're not doing OTHER things, hee hee hee.

I think the part of Terry not saying where he thinks the compass has been the whole time, and their explanation of the "the rum is always gone" line are strong pieces of evidence that J/E is a relationship and not just a figment of our imaginations or the product of wishful thinking. There is definitely something going on.

Chiki Mina
That right their is the confirmation on some of our theories. That it isnt a wishful thinking, but actual thinking that made sense. Confirmation from T&T themselves.

pirate_1987
Tia Dalma's hut
Ted:
-There was an important line about the compass, where Tia says "Jack Sparrow does not know what he wants, or is it that he knows what he wants but he is loath to claim it for his own".

right there it's been confirmed that Jack loves Elizabeth, but he is afraid to claim her as his, because of Will.

Mistypirate
Yea and Obviously Liz wanted to do other things laughing out loud No wonder.

Chiki Mina
I knowww loool all they have been doing for the last year is sword practicing for 3 hours loool.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I knowww loool all they have been doing for the last year is sword practicing for 3 hours loool.

Man I would be so bored, I would be like.. man go play with your own sword. I'm going to play with somebody else's sword.

laughing out loud Chiki can I have some Orbitz

pirate_1987
Jack: Why is the rum always gone?
Ted Elliott:
It calls back to the scene between Jack and Elizabeth, trying to put into the audience's mind that Elizabeth is playing into Jack's thoughts at some degree.

It shows that Jack hasen't stop thinking about Elizabeth

a-k-a-amber
u know? i got the movie but like, havent the commentary i do believe i shall be doin that.........

i cant believe i forgot

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Man I would be so bored, I would be like.. man go play with your own sword. I'm going to play with somebody else's sword.

laughing out loud Chiki can I have some Orbitz

OMG MISTY THAT WAS FUKIN FUNNY!!!

You wanna Orbitz?? big grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
OMG MISTY THAT WAS FUKIN FUNNY!!!

You wanna Orbitz?? big grin

Yes I want Orbitz, Go Orbitz!!! Happy Dance

Chiki Mina
LMAO FREE ORBIT!!!!

Mistypirate
Happy Dance yayyyyy

pirate_1987
Ted:
Terry:
I think it never changes for Jack, I think the whole movie it's pointed...I won't say.

It's been pointing to Elizabeth the whole time.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by pirate_1987
Ted:
Terry:
It's been pointing to Elizabeth the whole time.

OMG Yes.

SarahB
mmmm... wow! well theres hope 4 us.....do u kno tht lil pic u hav chiki- with the lady nd the orbit gum, is tht rly giselle?

pirate_1987
Terry:
Right, it's terms. "I want you, but on my terms, not on your terms". "Well, I want you, but on my terms, not yours". And so, whose terms are gonna be met?
Ted:
I think there was still a part of her that would have liked to be kissed.

About the wanting each other on their own terms. the terms were already met at the end of DMC. Elizabeth turned more pirate while Jack proved he was a good man. Both terms were met.

Chiki Mina
If they dont wanna say where the compass was pointing all along, they probably know that we know where its pointing.

And those who dont, why spoil the surprise big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.