I dont think J/E should happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pyratequeen
Ok guys, I no that this is probably stupid to say, but I must. I dont think that J/E should happen. I mean, think about it. If J/E happens, Will is gonna go insane and lik kill himself. And I dont luv the guy, but i hate to see the main charactrs hurt. and who says that Jack and liz r gonna stay togthr? Liz will want more out of the relationship and jack wont be able to provide it and then they will fight and liz will leave and kill herself too. So, for the sake of the characters, I dont think Jack and liz should b togthr. Im sorry, but I really do.

mmoviejunkie
how do you know that jack wont change for her? people change when they find the love of their life
for an example: he came back to the ship for her.

and if will doesn't get hurt then its jack thats going to get hurt

Chiki Mina
Will is not going to go that far on killing himself, he might but they wont let it happen.

Whats going to be more dissapointing if Jack came and becom like davey bc of a broken heart from liz. Now thats not what we want at all. Jack is our main character and now our hero. We wouldnt want our hero to suffer.

LovelyOne
if anything..Its Jack who's going to wind up the most emotionally hurt out of all this..she cold shoulders him a in the next one and goes after Will..I dont want to see Jack hurt by the end of this or be a victim of love not returned..who dies that remind you of?? a certain Davy Jones?

IMO its Jack seeking a relationship with her and she wont provide it..

Chiki Mina
^^^ exactly you explained it better than me lovelyone.

If the one person who I know is going to get really hurt is Jack. The way Liz just pretends as if nothing had happend. Liz is trying to act as if she didt feel anything when jack knows that she did.

LovelyOne
chiki LMFAO at your sig!

Chiki Mina
LOOL I was trying to make it look like a british accent with my "wot" lol. And thanx stick out tongue

Turbo-charged
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
how do you know that jack wont change for her? people change when they find the love of their life
for an example: he came back to the ship for her.

and if will doesn't get hurt then its jack thats going to get hurt
I don't think it was for her alone,.. I mean yes the main part of it but what about Gibbs? Couldn't he gone back because he couldn't leave the guy that stuck up for him through thick and thin?

LovelyOne
I didnt see gibbs spot him leave and come back..and then cling onto his leg as if he's a protective angel..

They made a point that when he leaves and comes back it ties in with elizabeth and her reactions..not Gibb's, not the crew's...but Lizzie's..this IMO is probably a main trigger for what she felt the need to do to Jack..as in get rid of him..

because IMO she's fearing what Jack's just done....he's shown that he seriously wants her in his life..and she's with Will...ans she's already lusting after Jack..and all of a sudden he's showing that he'll be the good man she wants him to be..the temptation is too much..

pyratequeen
I agree that maybe Jack can change, but come on. This is Jack Sparrow. Goofy, Loopy Jakc. Do you honestly think that Jack, like any other guy would change the life he spent all this time to create, just for one girl who acts as if she doesn't even care? Thats just crazy!

Turbo-charged
ya but she was the only one that noticd him. She was shocked because she knew he would run and if he didn't comeback and they got away shed kill him for it,.. but him coming back saved her from doing so and if she was really a pirate she wouldn't have stuck in a kiss when will wasn't supposed to be looking and felt shame. Jack would have OPENLY done it.

Chiki Mina
And when Jack came back, he went to the exact spot where Liz was.

pyratequeen
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
ya but she was the only one that noticd him. She was shocked because she knew he would run and if he didn't comeback and they got away shed kill him for it,.. but him coming back saved her from doing so and if she was really a pirate she wouldn't have stuck in a kiss when will wasn't supposed to be looking and felt shame. Jack would have OPENLY done it.

What?

LovelyOne
Originally posted by pyratequeen
I agree that maybe Jack can change, but come on. This is Jack Sparrow. Goofy, Loopy Jakc. Do you honestly think that Jack, like any other guy would change the life he spent all this time to create, just for one girl who acts as if she doesn't even care? Thats just crazy!

oh so you are one of those who thinks Jack is one dimensional and has no depth..is only there in the movie for humor purposes..well something in AWE is gonna wake you up about Jack for sure..the second we meet him...that will show you how deep jack Sparrow can get and how he obviously felt/feels about Elizabeth...we are gonna see him try change his way of life but it wont be for the better..IMO...he's going to start trying to be like Davy and remove himself from his compassionate and honest side because it hurts him..do you really want that?

IMO the best thing is embrace a slightly different way of life because piracy is drawing to a close with AWE..do you really want him to end up a pirate on his own when that means he's heading out to certain death?

also once you get the DVD...listen to the commentary...he cares for Elizabeth a lot...his compass isnt working because he wants her..

Chiki Mina

Of course Jack can change. A character can change. Not all ppl stay the same. When we were kids we were all goofy lloppy bla bla, but throught the years we mature and we dont act so goofy like we used to

My point is that a character has to develop. Jack cannot stay the same all the time. To me it wil be boring as crap. I dont wanna see jack surrounded by women and rum all the time. Its time for a nice change. Its great that jack changes for the name of love. And Jack is still Jack, we just see him in a different light. Hes much stronger in character now. He has grown up.

Turbo-charged
Meaning Jack(if in Lizs position) did what she did at the end would have said"thats right I don't love you anymore. I love'so-n-so'"

Mistypirate
Ok guys, I no that this is probably stupid to say, but I must. I dont think that J/E should happen. I mean, think about it. If J/E happens, Will is gonna go insane and lik kill himself. And I dont luv the guy, but i hate to see the main charactrs hurt. and who says that Jack and liz r gonna stay togthr? Liz will want more out of the relationship and jack wont be able to provide it and then they will fight and liz will leave and kill herself too. So, for the sake of the characters, I dont think Jack and liz should b togthr. Im sorry, but I really do.

Ok

LMAO Chiki I love your sig picture!!!! Go Orbitz

LovelyOne
Also Jack wasnt always a pirate..he was forced into piracy by Beckett after he branded him one..Jack has only been a pirate for 13 years

Terry and Ted (writers) said he's not actually changing in DMC..he's just being revealed for who he really is..

isnt that obviously someone who cares for other people?? thats who he really is..and always has been...

Chiki Mina
Im sorry Piratequeen I dissagree with some things you say. Jack can change-all characters do change. I believe that jacks character has alot of depth to it. What kind of movie will be if AWE will end Jack sorrounded with hookers getting infected with al the stds in the world!

I dont want to see Jack being his old self again. Sure it was fun, but its time for a nice change.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Ok

LMAO Chiki I love your sig picture!!!! Go Orbitz

LOOOL THANK YOU!

pyratequeen
Ok. so maybe I really did believe that Jack could change and I put up this thread even though I really knew I shouldn't bc it goes against what I think. But I don't want Jack to change!!!!!!! He is so awesome and then Elizabeth comes and messes it up and then he falls for her( yes I realy do believe he loves her, dont hate me) and he goes on this life changing escapade and I just really hate all this! It makes my brain hurt and it makes me so frustrated!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

LovelyOne
Jacks NOT changing..he's just revealing himself for who he REALLY is(according to the writers THEMSELVES) which is a caring and compassonate person..jack can love someone..its in his nature..he's just afraid to IMO because he constantly gets hurt by people who he lets close to him..this is going to be a large factor in AWE..you are gonna see Jack change..and he's gonna become what he never has been before which is a colder hearted person IMO..because he's fed up of letting people close to him and then being hurt by them...he's going to try and distance himself from caring for Elizabeth because of what happened in DMC...but is that really a good thing for his character??

davy friggin Jones anyone?

Chiki Mina
uh....so you prefer to see Jack being alone?? Surrounded by hookers and rum all the time. thats ****ing boring.

Jack isnt going to become a monk!! Hes just going to MATURE!!!

I doubt you like Jack as a coward, womanizer, and a person whos obsessed with material things like jewls.

Chiki Mina
Jack isnt going to be like all cheesy and romantic, the change that we see in him is how hes coping with his feelings towards liz and how hes having these inner battles.

pyratequeen
Ok. u just said he was going to reveal himself and not change and then u said he weas going to change. choose one side of the fence.

Mistypirate
Ok. u just said he was going to reveal himself and not change and then u said he weas going to change. choose one side of the fence.

What she meant was.............uh never mind, Lovely

LovelyOne
as a matter of fact I don't want Jack to give up his most loving and caring side in order to not be with Elizabeth and become a cold hearted pirate..thats just depressing..I want him to find someone who wont ever hurt him..someone to make him feel loved and feel safe about being loved and loving in return..Elizabeth has that potential IMO..she showed it at the end of DMC..

IMO she showed us that she realises she cant use Jack's caring side against him as a weakness anymore because she does have feelings for him now and those feelings are most likely there because of that caring side he has...and its the one he often shows her...hence the fact he came back for her more than anyone else on that ship..

LovelyOne

no thats not what i mean...In DMC he's revealing himself for who he really is which is a caring person who can love someone..in AWE he's going to try and change into something he's never been which is a cold hearted person IMO

he is the one with the potential to start mirroring Davy Jones...not Will

It was JACK she left on the pearl not Will..she left the man who came back to save her because he cares for her deeply...she didnt leave Will..Jack is the one who's going to be damaged if she chooses Will over him..

pyratequeen
It isnt that I want to see Jack alone, its that I dont think that he should change his whole life for one girl. And if you dont agree with me, I really dont care. Thats what I think.

LovelyOne
he probably wont change his life..in the curiosity scene they were both talking about what they wanted from the other if they were to ever be together..the end of DMC showed us that they can both pander to the other's wishes..so neither of them have to change at all really..she was what he wanted..he was what she wanted

you gotta remember that Jack wasnt always a pirate..he worked for the EITC..then he was branded one for setting free some slaves and then he was forced into the pirate life because of that brand he will be hung if found so he has to persue that life...he's only been a pirate for 13 years

pyratequeen
Originally posted by LovelyOne
no thats not what i mean...In DMC he's revealing himself for who he really is which is a caring person who can love someone..in AWE he's going to try and change into something he's never been which is a cold hearted person IMO

he is the one with the potential to start mirroring Davy Jones...not Will

It was JACK she left on the pearl not Will..she left the man who came back to save her because he cares for her deeply...she didnt leave Will..Jack is the one who's going to be damaged if she chooses Will over him..
That's what i dont get. If she loved Jack so much, why did she chain him up? You dont chain the one you love to a main mast to be eatin by a monster.

katelovespirate

allright, for the most part, there is some logic to what you say about Will. At this point in the game, no one can imagine him functioning without Elizabeth--- at this point, if he lost her (especially to Jack) he would probably turn into a dark, brooding character with a completely broken heart.

But that sort of scares me about his character. I dont think anyone wants to see a character win just because he is incapable of living otherwise. that takes all the fun out of it. i dont think T and T meant to create a character that was so emotionally dependent on one thing-- and I dont think he will remain that way.

Not saying him and liz wont end up together, but I would be much happier if I at least knew he could let her go like a man if he had to.

LovelyOne
she doesn't love him pyratequeen but I think she sees the potential to love him and she's afraid...she's supposed to be with Will and she's feeling things for another man..as Terry said in the commentary "he's not such a temptation when he's dead"

Mistypirate
But is there the possibility, she may realize she loves Jack In AWE?

LovelyOne
thats what I'm thinkin^^

because if Jack really starts to get heartache and becomes more like Davy J..the audience are gonna be asking.."Does Elizabeth love Jack?..Cant she help him out of this?"

because what we saw at the very end of DMC in Tia's hut..suggests that she "could" love him...IMO anyway.

ToddianGirl
That's what I'm thinking too lovelyone and Katelovespirates that Elizabeth is going to grow to love Jack. And she will help him not be like Davey Jones.

Mistypirate
That spoiler, that was brought by Kate suggest that if she is willing to help him out, could mean that she deeply cares about him, and that "she realizes where her heart truly lies" quote, could mean that she would realize she really and truly loves Jack. IMO

LovelyOne
yeah because if that is a moment where she is supposed to realize love for someone it means that she didnt know she loved them beforehand..and T&T make it pretty clear that she knows she loves will in DMC..they never however say what she feels for Jack is anything more than just that: "feelings for"..that is as far as they ever go..they say she has desire (which is pretty deep) ..mere want and lust too...never love...but doesn't that scream out "potential to love"? I mean why even raise the point that she could be with Jack if its to never happen?

Mistypirate
LOL yeah I know, It wouldn't make sense if she realizes she loves Will again. laughing

pyratequeen
let me say what I wnated to say from the start. I think liz should saty with will bc liz will be with someone she loves, william will be happy, and , as for jack, well, he will be hurt, but he can heal better than will would heal. and , from what I can see, Jack has had his heart broken before, but william hasn't, so it would be harder for will than it ever would be for jakc. jack can hide behind a hard exterior. eill can't. hes to sensitive.

LovelyOne
even in AWE she knows she loves Will IMO..

Mistypirate
let me say what I wnated to say from the start. I think liz should saty with will bc liz will be with someone she loves, william will be happy, and , as for jack, well, he will be hurt, but he can heal better than will would heal. and , from what I can see, Jack has had his heart broken before, but william hasn't, so it would be harder for will than it ever would be for jakc. jack can hide behind a hard exterior. eill can't. hes to sensitive.

You will be surprise, I think Will is more emotionally stronger than Jack IMO

LovelyOne
me too^^ Jack has constantly been hurt when he bares his soul to people..IMO there is only so much a person can take of that before they emotionally crack

I dont think Jack could recover as well as Will would if Elizabeth's heart lies elsewhere..Will has shown us that his father is He will stab that heart to save him even if it means he cant be with Elizaneth for a long time..

LovelyOne
was anyone here ever bullied at highschool?

I was..when ever I would open up to people they would hurt me..

I hated that feeling..in the end I thought.."If i dont show them i can be hurt they wont hurt me..If I dont show them my emotions they wont use them against me"..and I can tell you decising to do that harmed me in the long run..big time!

Mistypirate
Will can definitely be without Liz, he has shown that he in fact can survived without her. Isn't funny that in both movies the one that always ends up with Liz is Jack. And that he is always depending on her for something. (e.g he needed Liz help in order to find the chest)

Mistypirate

I hated that feeling..in the end I thought.."If i dont show them i can be hurt they wont hurt me..If I dont show them my emotions they wont use them against me"..and I can tell you that harmed me in the long run..big time!

Noo I was the bully, I would get in to fights at least twice a week. big grin But, I wasn't the one that started it. They would teased me and bothered me and, I just couldn't resist. big grin I guess in a way I was kind of bullied.

Chiki Mina

I hated that feeling..in the end I thought.."If i dont show them i can be hurt they wont hurt me..If I dont show them my emotions they wont use them against me"..and I can tell you decising to do that harmed me in the long run..big time!

Welcome to my club, sista. Something similar to me happened...it wasnt about bullying though it was more about an ex love...bah!well Im not gonna make this thread into the life of Mina's but I will say this.

Liz has developed feelings for Jack in DMC. Not exactly love, but I think what she has are feelings towards him that she knows that could turn out to be love. IMO Those feelings could possibly turn out to be Love by AWE..I think..

willofthewisp
I wasn't usually bullied, but at times I was, and it sucked balls.
That's an interesting idea on who is more stable, Will or Jack. Will has had the stability of a fairly normal childhood. He was raised by his mom until he was at least 12 and then he began to learn his trade and I'm pretty sure he had Liz as a playmate even though they were in different social circles.
Jack, I don't think, has ever had any stability in his life, but to know that for a fact, we need to be able to see his earlier years.

The thing is, Will seems to have his emotions in check and expresses them as necessary. When he's mad he shows it but doesn't go kill people, when he's calm or amused, we know it. But he always seems like he's not guided by emotion. Jack's not really, either, but he hides his feelings a little more than what is healthy. Part of the reason everyone loves him is that he's a mystery. People seldom know what side he's even on. All that can't be good, keeping things bottled up. If he were to have any romantic feelings for someone.....well, I sense a storm a brewing.

SarahB
yh.....but rly imo i dnt wnt him 2 be 2 romantic.. he is a pirate nd shud be like 80-90% pirate 10-20% romantic or other.lolbig grinbig grin jkin but all im sayin is tht he shud be more piraty thn anythin but its fun to see him in a romantic crisis nd stuff lol

lovethemtigers
My opinion is...I could actually care less if Will is hurt or not...especially after he betrays Jack in AWE.....Will refuses to see that Jack always does things in Will's best interest....so Jack fell for Will's girl...it wasn't as if he planned on it...it was fate...destiny....maybe Liz has actually belonged to Jack all along....after all she has dreamed of him since she was a young girl....like a rock-idol....

I LOVED the Jack Sparrow that came back to the Pearl.....there is nothing sexier than a man who shows wit, courage and love....and a serious side in time of danger....Jack is all these things....

And I love the character of Jack Sparrow and I think he and Elizabeth would be great together....who says Pirates don't deserve love...and besides, Jack is not truly a Pirate. He was forced into Piracy after Beckett branded him a Pirate...13 years ago......Jack is smart, witty, caring, courageous and serious all rolled up into one person...and not to mention gorgeous and sexy...so what's not to love...Elizabeth is a fool if she passes on the opportunity to be with Jack Sparrow for pansy-eunichy, Bloody Stupid Will...and that's my opinion....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by SarahB
yh.....but rly imo i dnt wnt him 2 be 2 romantic.. he is a pirate nd shud be like 80-90% pirate 10-20% romantic or other.lolbig grinbig grin jkin but all im sayin is tht he shud be more piraty thn anythin but its fun to see him in a romantic crisis nd stuff lol

What I thought Captain Sparrow's finest moments is when he is flirting and being all sexy with Liz....why wouldn't you want to see that side of him, along with the Piraty side too.....I loved the way Jack behaved when he returned to the Pearl at the end of DMC...I loved the serious look on his face...and then the way he was smiling after he was outsmarted my Miss Swann....I love Jack Sparrow...witty, serious, caring and devious.....

katelovespirate
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
What I thought Captain Sparrow's finest moments is when he is flirting and being all sexy with Liz....why wouldn't you want to see that side of him, along with the Piraty side too.....I loved the way Jack behaved when he returned to the Pearl at the end of DMC...I loved the serious look on his face...and then the way he was smiling after he was outsmarted my Miss Swann....I love Jack Sparrow...witty, serious, caring and devious.....

ME TOO. smile

I totally identify with what you guys said about opening up to people and getting hurt. In a sense, I feel like when we cheer for Jack, we are cheering for people who have been rejected, even ourselves, to suceed and get their heart's desire once in a while. which is probably why a lot of people still support Norrington as well. But with Jack, life has been such a struggle for him--- he has all these dreams and plans, and he really doesnt need a lot to make him happy.

Swann&Sparrow
Okay people, I'd just like to say one thing. Elizabeth is not just a heartless ***** that is out to hurt Jack. She did what she thought was right, she was confused and Jack is a grown man. He's not a child that has to be nursed and everything.

Elizabeth can or cannot cold shoulder him, it doesn't matter if she should or not. It will happen or not, but I don't appriciate everyone ganging up on her cause she hurt our main character. It's EXACTLY what the EW shippers do. They prosicute her for hurting Will.

It's shameful.

Jack is a man, and a pirate. He's learned to deal with pain and death, everyone has a hard time in their life. Just cause he's going to suffer, you turn on everyone else? That's not right man.

Elizabeth tied Jack to the mast because that's the only way she can get rid of him and SAVE THE OTHERS. I know most of the J/E shippers say it's because she wanted to get rid of the temptation, but remember she's not stupid. She killed him to save the other TOO. Not just because she's afraid to love him.

katelovespirate
was anyone saying that about elizabeth?

i think i was just sympathizing with the plight of the average anti-hero.

Yeah, Jack is a grown-up. he chose to pursue Elizabeth, he chose to come back, and he chose to recieve the kiss she gave him. neither of them are stupid.

Swann&Sparrow
Sorry, it's just that all I hear these days is 'OMG, Liz is a *****, why is she hurting Jack/Will?'

OMG, that's so stupid. Try being in her position, when a GIANT SEA MONSTER IS CLAWING AT THE SHIP YOU AND YOUR FIANCE (if she loves him or not) AND A CREW IS ON. And there is one man that is the reason for it all.

What would you do. Let everyone die, keep running till it catches up? Or save the people you love and sacrifice something dear to you. I think what she did was very heroic, and remember, she's going back to save him.

katelovespirate
i'm not gonna judge Elizabeth's actions. I wouldn't say they were technically wrong, but I certainly wouldn't have been able to leave Jack. it seems to present Elizabeth as an incredibly harsh character, hardened emotionally i mean, which is why the final scene is so redeeming and important.

but her actions make for one of the hottest, most intense cinematic scenes ever, and i just love the drama this has added to everything. its epic. Elizabeth turns siren, Jack turns lover, Will turns pirate, Barbossa joins the heroes, Norri gets hot, etc etc etc. the story is genius. i love it.

i cant agree that elizabeth's actions were heroic, but i wouldnt say she was a ***** or anything. lol.

Swann&Sparrow
Huh. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I respect yours.

katelovespirate
back at ya. smile

Chiki Mina
Good Lord! I missed all the intelligent debate lol smile I agree with Kate and lovethemtigers all the way

willofthewisp
Being able to walk away from Jack indicates the vast amount of strength she has in her and makes her so desirable to Jack. We could see how hard it was for her to do it, but she stuck by what she thought she had to do, and that has to be admired.

I hear a lot of negative things about Liz sometimes, too, and it just sounds like sour grapes to me.

LovelyOne
I personally dont think Elizabeth is a heartless ***** thats my point..what ever she's feeling for Jack she is shoving it down and to Jack thats gonna hurt him and IMO its gonna look like she doesnt love him..but "DOES she?" is gonna be the big Q IMO..smile

Chiki Mina
It shows alot of strength of character from Liz, actual I think it satisfy the audience more that she walks out because what she feels towards Jack is more than lust. Proves to show how much she wants him and how wrong she knows she is bc shes Will's fiance.

Ericadawn
Liz is very complicated and my feelings on her differ by the second. One moment she is an awesome, strong role model of a woman and the next, I think that she needs to mature still. However, I've thought this way since CotBP when she tricked James so it didn't surprise me that she would do the same to Will and Jack in DMC.

That being said, the great thing of POTC is that all the characters are capable of doing really awful things to each other...and still standing by each other, like a real group of friends. Will said it best in the first film when answering Lizzie's question, "Whose side is Jack on?" He replied, "At the moment?"

That reply can be used for any character, especially in AWE. Yet it's trust that is each character's biggest problem even as they use it against each other, like Jack saying, "You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him, trust me!" It becomes Will and Elizabeth's biggest hurdle in their relationship, both answering, "It was my burden to bear." when a true relationship is about honesty. Jack warned in the first film, "Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." This is true because a dishonest man has accepted that the wrong action can be right but an honest man is also capable of a wrong action yet they will hold it in so there is no telling when it might happen.

This is Will and Elizabeth; they are realizing how they're capable of actions that seem wrong at the time but turn out for the best, but can they accept it in each other?

I think they can once they truly admit their real hopes and dreams. Liz didn't want Will the Blacksmith. That's who she was marrying but she fell in love with Will the Pirate which is why they distracted themselves from having sex by swordplay where she could also roleplay his being a rogue.

Ericadawn
Sorry for the double-post, but it said my message was too long!

Anway, despite how it will hurt Jack at first, I don't want him with Lizzie. I don't think it would be best for Jack in the long run, but that doesn't mean that it was a waste for him to go after Lizzie. Lizzie has grown as a person and learned the true meaning of the phrase, "where your heart truly lies" while Jack has allowed himself to be vulnerable and learned how to not keep things "closer to the vest." He is also no longer in Jones' debt.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by Ericadawn

Anway, despite how it will hurt Jack at first, I don't want him with Lizzie. I don't think it would be best for Jack in the long run, but that doesn't mean that it was a waste for him to go after Lizzie. Lizzie has grown as a person and learned the true meaning of the phrase, "where your heart truly lies" while Jack has allowed himself to be vulnerable and learned how to not keep things "closer to the vest." He is also no longer in Jones' debt.

why wont it be best for him in the long run? im just curios as to why you think that...i mean both of their characters developed more and truly became themsleves....why is that not good, especially for Jack...cuz for some reason a lot of people dont see him the way most of us do, so dont u htink it would be best for him to be with Liz to show the audience there is another side of him...?

Ericadawn
I think the way Ted and Terry has written him and the way Johnny plays him, it will come across...not to everyone because let's face it, some people are just morons, but the fans will get it. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be J/Eness in the films...it makes things more interesting. However, when people are too alike, it has the real potential of becoming bad eventually because how do we know that what Liz is feeling is genuine love for Jack and not just lust or infatuation. She has a history of using men to get what she wants which works well in Jack's favor because he has a real masochistic bent...notice that he enjoys being slapped. He even liked that Liz shackled him yet how far is too far in pushing Jack Sparrow? Will there come a moment when she's fulfilled all her wants and it's no longer what she desires? She claimed to know the real Jack, that he was a good man inside, but then, she didn't trust him...didn't give him the opportunity to prove it. Yes, they could overcome that. They could overcome being too very independent individuals, but Elizabeth is still young and hasn't fully formed what she wants out of life. It's very possible that she'd want her own ship, that her life would naturally take her in a direction away from Jack and I'd just like it to happen before the separation was too painful for Jack. I don't want him relapsing into a state where he trusts no one and keeps everyone at a distance. At least if he loses her to Will, and Will is relieved of his curse, then Jack will know that she's in a good place and go out for a drink with Gibbs or something.

Chiki Mina
I dont think in DMC she had feelings of love. Of course she was feeling lust, but I think she had the potential to love him and that was she was afraid about adn backed out.

But then after the kiss I think she developed feelings that were not yet feelings of love, was more of confusion and denial.

But Erica...I dont think its all that good fro Jack to end the movie with a drink with Gibbs, fans would be "uh, so he chooses Gibbs.."

It will be Jack being his old ways again, in a negative way. Its unfair and I must say boring to have Jack change a bit and finaly letting go of material things then by the end of the movie have him be surrounded by women again and yada yada. It will be boring.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Ericadawn

what so people who do good things should not be rewarded, they should just stop doing good things for people and remain bad..thats what the overall message is to the audience??..thats complete bull IMO..

secondly he's not in Jones Debt but he appears to be mirroring him because of what happened to him..you think the audience are gonna want Jack to remain like that or will they want him to win out??

Thirdly I think there is something deeper going on with Jack..all this confusion he's having in DMC..all the wanting to continue his legacy and keep his line going on forever..the fact he doesn't want to die and Elizabeth strangely enough is intruding on his thoughts at a time like that..why?

..The way he behaves in movie 3..to me it all indicates his biological clock ticking away in his subconscious... That would make more sense of everything we have seen instead of it starting to go somewhere then backtracking..didn't you read that post where Terry or Ted said that they dislike movie 1 and 3 of star wars because they end in exactly the same way as each other? Well them having Jack leave on his own and W/E end up together..isn't that directly going against what they dislike about trilogies?? for some reason I think they have a twist up their sleeve when it comes to Jack Sparrow's ending of this trilogy.

Also ...Will's curse wont be lifted i dont think..he can only step on land once every 10 years..and if it was lifted..wat would happen to his father?? He has an eternity on that ship..I doubt Will would leave it for Elizabeth..

and they expect Elizabth to remain faithful for 10 years at a time?? BS..thats not freedom on her behalf..its like she's in a prison..funny isnt it that when will walks down the stairs to the jail cell there's a heartbeat over the music and IMO that resembles WHAT their mariage will come to symbolise which is imprisonment once he becomes captain of the dutchman, she wont be able to be free to do what she wants..she will have to wait about for Will..she cant sleep with anyone or even with anyone for 10 years at a time??? what a CRAP ending for Elizabeth..I dont buy that shit

..and in the cell, she DOESNT actually wait for him..she says she will but she doesnt..

LovelyOne
Also Ericadawn..

she's learned where her heart truly lies in DMC?? well thats odd because throughout the whole of DMC she knows she loves Will...then suddenly at the end something happens..she in Terry's own words..thinks she's killed someone she may indeed love..and it reveals a part of herself she cant live with..oh heck I dont think thats her pirate side..Thats the part of her that uses Jack's caring and compassionate side against him and why is it hurting her this time? Is it because she now has feelings for him and that caring and compassionate (his most real) side of his is the one he most often shows for her?

Also what are you talking about by saying he didnt get a chance to show her his good side? and that she didnt give him that chance?...He did prove that he had a good side..he came back to the Pearl. She was the only one to see him leave and come back and thats why she gives that look of guilt once someone mentions his good side because she knows that his honest streak did actually win through and it was for her and everyone else..and she killed him, she killed that good man.

At the end T&T also make the point that Will waits for Elizabeth to make her final decision(which is Jack BTW) then he makes his and allows her to go after him..didnt they say the choice wouldn't be Elizabeth's alone?..and the closure is supposed to be in DMC itself..according to them anyway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.