igniz vs Omega rugal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
I'm bored, fight takes place in Warrez haedquaters 9:03 p.m. each man gets 5 hour prep.

TricksterPriest
I really want Omega Rugal to win this, and frankly, I think he should. He died by self-destruct, and Igniz was beat by Kyo, Iori and K'.

I was initially going to say that Omega Rugal was doomed. But I changed my mind. Omega Rugal ftw. Like I said to Darkstorm in the Grant vs. Akuma thread, Omega Rugal got jobbed. He got beat by PIS and the plot device of the kusanagi flame.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I really want Omega Rugal to win this, and frankly, I think he should. He died by self-destruct, and Igniz was beat by Kyo, Iori and K'.

I was initially going to say that Omega Rugal was doomed. But I changed my mind. Omega Rugal ftw. Like I said to Darkstorm in the Grant vs. Akuma thread, Omega Rugal got jobbed. He got beat by PIS and the plot device of the kusanagi flame.

PIS, yes, but the Flame Plot device doesn't work on Rugal the way it would work on a Pureblood Orochi, otherwise Saishu would have owned him.

TricksterPriest
That's another thing. Saishu's control and skill with the flames is supposed to be better than Kyo's. Gameplay wise, Saishu is just a better version of Kyo. And yet, he did nothing to Rugal. Kyo has a tough time beating his father, and then he fights Omega Rugal right afterwards. Here's where the PIS and plot device come in. Rugal takes on the entire KOF cast, and almost wins, if not for the convenient plot-saver of the self-destruct. So, doesn't it logically seem that the kusanagi flames would force him to expunge more energy? Am I going out on a limb, or is it possible?

Remulous
Igniz even though I like Rugal more, Way more. Kyo beat Goenitz who is said to be stronger than Rugal but it took Kyo, Iori, K' and a few others to beat Igniz. This may be off subject but who's stonger. Ultra or Omega Rugal?

Remulous
!

TricksterPriest
Ahem. Goenitz took on 3, count em, 3 guys and people say he's tough. OMEGA RUGAL TOOK ON THE ENTIRE KOF95' ROSTER AND ONLY DIED BECAUSE OF PIS AND A PLOT DEVICE. So who's stronger? And how long ago did Goenitz take the eye out of Rugal's head? Who's to say Rugal didn't surpass him at some point after that? God Rugal (it's not ultra), is the stronger one, by a few orders of magnitude over Omega. God Rugal is more powerful than Shin Gouki. Personally, I doubt Gouki could beat the entire KOF95' roster on his own without going Shin. So Omega is stronger than Regular Gouki. Also, Shin Gouki in CVS2 is more powerful than regular Shin Gouki. In fact, let's go with Orochi Gouki as someone called him. God Rugal is on par with Orochi Gouki, so...., God Rugal could beat all the bosses in the NESTS saga combined. So Igniz is no trouble for Omega.

Remulous
Ahem. Goenitz took on 3, count em, 3 guys and people say he's tough. OMEGA RUGAL TOOK ON THE ENTIRE KOF95' ROSTER AND ONLY DIED BECAUSE OF PIS AND A PLOT DEVICE. So who's stronger? And how long ago did Goenitz take the eye out of Rugal's head? Who's to say Rugal didn't surpass him at some point after that? God Rugal (it's not ultra), is the stronger one, by a few orders of magnitude over Omega. God Rugal is more powerful than Shin Gouki. Personally, I doubt Gouki could beat the entire KOF95' roster on his own without going Shin. So Omega is stronger than Regular Gouki. Also, Shin Gouki in CVS2 is more powerful than regular Shin Gouki. In fact, let's go with Orochi Gouki as someone called him. God Rugal is on par with Orochi Gouki, so...., God Rugal could beat all the bosses in the NESTS saga combined. So Igniz is no trouble for Omega. The game calls him Ultra or Ultimate, so that's what I'm gonna call him, I refuse to call Rugal a God. U.Rugal isn't stronger than Shin Gouki, especialy not by the time of 3rd Strike. O.Gouki as you call him is weak compared to the S.Gouki of 2nd Impact. Hell, the normal 3rd Strike Gouki is stronger than O.Gouki. I doubt Regular Rugal can take out the entire KOF cast either. Now, I can believe that U.Rugal is stronger than O.Rugal.

Emperor Ashtar
Why is gouki mentioned in this fight?

TricksterPriest
Power comparison. Just demonstrating the extent of Rugal's power.

Emperor Ashtar
Power comparison. Just demonstrating the extent of Rugal's power.

Has it ever ocured to you that perhaps maybe snk made him jobb the cast just to make him look cool. Igniz, and zero (Not Original) did the same thing And lost to. . . Guess who.

TricksterPriest
Rugal didn;t lose. He died by self-destruct. Igniz and Zero lost outright. And I already said Kyo doesn't deserve credit for beating Omega Rugal and he only gets team credit for regular Rugal.

Remulous
I thought as a game franchise advances and if it still contains the main characters from past installments the bosses should get stronger. KOF seems to be following that thought.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
I thought as a game franchise advances and if it still contains the main characters from past installments the bosses should get stronger. KOF seems to be following that thought.

Well, it depends, not all main characters can defeat bosses. It's good fora main character defeat a boss, but,jobbing powerful enmeies left and right is a chracteristic of bad writing. Kof is like the video game version of bleach.

Remulous
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Well, it depends, not all main characters can defeat bosses. It's good fora main character defeat a boss, but,jobbing powerful enmeies left and right is a chracteristic of bad writing. Kof is like the video game version of bleach. Even though a like Kyo, nearly every boss he went up against turned into a jobber. SNK is really good at making bad ass bosses, a little too bad ass for their own game or at least for their own main character, anyway. Iori should have been the boss of KOF, he fits Kyo much better.

Darkstorm Zero
Ahem. Goenitz took on 3, count em, 3 guys and people say he's tough. OMEGA RUGAL TOOK ON THE ENTIRE KOF95' ROSTER AND ONLY DIED BECAUSE OF PIS AND A PLOT DEVICE. So who's stronger? And how long ago did Goenitz take the eye out of Rugal's head? Who's to say Rugal didn't surpass him at some point after that? God Rugal (it's not ultra), is the stronger one, by a few orders of magnitude over Omega. God Rugal is more powerful than Shin Gouki. Personally, I doubt Gouki could beat the entire KOF95' roster on his own without going Shin. So Omega is stronger than Regular Gouki. Also, Shin Gouki in CVS2 is more powerful than regular Shin Gouki. In fact, let's go with Orochi Gouki as someone called him. God Rugal is on par with Orochi Gouki, so...., God Rugal could beat all the bosses in the NESTS saga combined. So Igniz is no trouble for Omega.

Omega din't exactly take on the entire cast... iori and co where not present, nore was a few other teams.

The Hero team, the lonely wolves, the Kyokuken team, the ikairi warriors, the psycho soldiers and team justice. 17 people at most, the cast consists, I think of about 25 characters for 95.

Goenitz gave Rugl the small amount of Orochi power to Rugal as a reward for surviving the attack that gouged out his eye. and it was even said that Goenitz was far stronger, simply because he couldcontrol the power that rugal self destructed using. this thould hint at his level of power.

Bit, thaks to the complete Anti-Orochi plot device, he was beated by 3 characters, the 3 characters that also defeated Orochi himself a year later.

And one other thing... the feat of fighting (Not owning mind you,,but holding his own) against 17 fighters is still a little lower on the scale of Regular Akuma's feats of landmass changing blows.

Now Omega would me a pretty good match against regular Akuma, and maybe even Shin Akuma, and G. Rugal against CVS2's Shin Akuma is another good matchup, but IMO, every comparable form Rugal has, Akuma still shapes up to be just a little bit better to me. Rugals got better reach, there's no doubt, but Akuma's geared for overwhelming offense.

Tha C-Master
Do you mean in storyline or gameplay?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Do you mean in storyline or gameplay?

Both

Tha C-Master
I gotta give gameplay to G Rugal in Cvs.SNK 2, he wins without needing a super meter.

vavavoom
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
! dude, from what i've read kyo beat rugal alone both 94 and 95,.. this whole roster thing, where did u get that? and yeah I'dsay igniz wins this fight, k' kyo iori had to beat him and i doubt shin akuma could take on secret treasures team and win much less entire kof roster as well

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by vavavoom
dude, from what i've read kyo beat rugal alone both 94 and 95,.. this whole roster thing, where did u get that? and yeah I'dsay igniz wins this fight, k' kyo iori had to beat him and i doubt shin akuma could take on secret treasures team and win much less entire kof roster as well

No, Kyo pushed Rugal enough to use his Omega form and was thereafter getting wiped out, he needed the intervention of the other "good guy" teams to have Rugal self destruct.

Feh, Igniz got wasted by two people, and the Sacred Treasures arn't much more than Orochi Sealers, that doesn't denote ay ability whatsoever against Akuma who, by Street Fighter 3, has access to techniques that would pummel to shit almost everyone in KOF.

AsbestosFlaygon
Omega Rugal before self-destructing is weaker than Igniz, imo.

Kyo defeated Omega Rugal by himself, with a little help from the cast of course.

It took 3 flame-wielding protagonists + the entire KoF cast to take down Igniz.

Maybe if Omega Rugal was able to control more Orochi power, he would eventually surpass Igniz' power level.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Omega Rugal before self-destructing is weaker than Igniz, imo.

Kyo defeated Omega Rugal by himself, with a little help from the cast of course.

It took 3 flame-wielding protagonists + the entire KoF cast to take down Igniz.

Maybe if Omega Rugal was able to control more Orochi power, he would eventually surpass Igniz' power level.

*sigh*

Kyo defeated normal Rugal in 94, who survived and escaped, but in 95 Kyo was getting pounded, thats why the rest got involved, Rugal was actually holding them all off until he self destructed.

No, Igniz never fended off the cast at all, I dunno where people are getting that from, only 1 team got aboard that space station, and perhaps Kyo and Iori where stowaways, but the whole rest of the cast where stowaways? No, I don't think so.... There is no way there can be a couple of dozen people stowing aboard that rocket.

vavavoom
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
No, Kyo pushed Rugal enough to use his Omega form and was thereafter getting wiped out, he needed the intervention of the other "good guy" teams to have Rugal self destruct.

Feh, Igniz got wasted by two people, and the Sacred Treasures arn't much more than Orochi Sealers, that doesn't denote ay ability whatsoever against Akuma who, by Street Fighter 3, has access to techniques that would pummel to shit almost everyone in KOF.
wow, you sure can't get enough of akuma can't you??? what techniques you talking about? the lame shit he does after every sf game?? please akuma is nothing but another ryu, get off hiss ass and quit being biased, he wouldn't do jack shit against igniz or rugal

vavavoom
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Omega din't exactly take on the entire cast... iori and co where not present, nore was a few other teams.

The Hero team, the lonely wolves, the Kyokuken team, the ikairi warriors, the psycho soldiers and team justice. 17 people at most, the cast consists, I think of about 25 characters for 95.

Goenitz gave Rugl the small amount of Orochi power to Rugal as a reward for surviving the attack that gouged out his eye. and it was even said that Goenitz was far stronger, simply because he couldcontrol the power that rugal self destructed using. this thould hint at his level of power.

Bit, thaks to the complete Anti-Orochi plot device, he was beated by 3 characters, the 3 characters that also defeated Orochi himself a year later.

And one other thing... the feat of fighting (Not owning mind you,,but holding his own) against 17 fighters is still a little lower on the scale of Regular Akuma's feats of landmass changing blows.

Now Omega would me a pretty good match against regular Akuma, and maybe even Shin Akuma, and G. Rugal against CVS2's Shin Akuma is another good matchup, but IMO, every comparable form Rugal has, Akuma still shapes up to be just a little bit better to me. Rugals got better reach, there's no doubt, but Akuma's geared for overwhelming offense.
what the hell are u smoking?? omega vs regular akuma?? dude you are retarded. akuma is a regualr playable character in sf like bison or geese, but he is on par with omega rugal, once again dude, bring akuma down from the high horse you've got him on. i saw where u put he would beat dante,.. seriously dante kills demons and can't die how does akuma stand a chance??? you're rediculous, u have akuma undies? or a stuff akuma doll you sleep with too???

Darkstorm Zero
can't beleive I didn't notice these before...

wow, you sure can't get enough of akuma can't you??? what techniques you talking about? the lame shit he does after every sf game?? please akuma is nothing but another ryu, get off hiss ass and quit being biased, he wouldn't do jack shit against igniz or rugal

I beleive I showed these techniques in a list of Youtubes in the other thread.

I will need proof that either one of them could match what he has done - with their personal power mind you.

what the hell are u smoking?? omega vs regular akuma?? dude you are retarded. akuma is a regualr playable character in sf like bison or geese, but he is on par with omega rugal, once again dude, bring akuma down from the high horse you've got him on. i saw where u put he would beat dante,.. seriously dante kills demons and can't die how does akuma stand a chance??? you're rediculous, u have akuma undies? or a stuff akuma doll you sleep with too???

I said specifically that in terms of raw physical strength he would beat Dante. The problem lies in Dante's more exotic capabilities and powers.

Tha C-Master
Lol Cloud has rubbed off on you eh? stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Heh, not quite. I just didn't notice these during the Addy episodes. Figured I'd better answer em while I still had the opportunity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.