Neverending Story continued...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayride
Why?

Why is it that a decade and some later, I'm still bitter about the Neverending Story 2 and 3? I mean come on, we all know the movie deserved a sequel. What made them go so low budget and use such horriffic crap for a script? Why did they ruin the best fantasy movie ever written? Please tell me.

Oh great...now I'm weeping again. lkeyboard__soaking__wet, cant' typeee...lasfsd/,

BackFire349
i dont know, but i agree with you that it is the greatest fantasy film ever made, and one of my personal favorite films of all time. has been since i was 3 years old, and will be forever probably. the sequals were pretty awful. but oh well, whatcha gonna do.

Billy The Kid
agree too.....The first one was fantastic...watched it a hundred of million times when i was a kid...it deserved a better sequel.

mah
the first one was good, but not that good compared to the book. sequels was stinkin' bad

BackFire349
movies are never as good as books, and its silly to compare them to the books.

Fire
depends, if the book is written after the movie then the movie might be better

BackFire349
thats true, i meant books that are written before hand, and the movie is made of the book. the only exception i think is one flew over the cuckoos nest, i like the movie more then the book.

mah
I didn't compare it in that way actually, rather meant that the book is very good, whilst the film is not that good, judged as a film without thinking about the book.

Thomas H
Number one was ok, the sequels SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackFire349
the original is one of the best movies ever made.

mah
hardly. must be your nostalgic feelings for it.

Thomas H
agree with you mah

BackFire349
not really, there are many movie i liked through childhood that i dont care for now, i outgrew them. but this one still is fun to watch and still has one of the best messages in any film and remains one of the most touching movies ever made.

Julie
I didn't like the Neverending story....I'm not sure why i just never liked it

jayride
It's a shame to know that the guy who looks like a psycho killer is the only one with a heart.

ok..i'm risking it...Neverending Story was even better than all of SW put together!

Mwa, hahahaha!!! (sorry Padme)

Fire
nope

Dexx
nvr even read the book. remember seing the movie long ago..all a blure

BackFire349
i actually like neverending story more then any of the star wars too. but i like lots of movies better then star wars so thats not saying much.

Fire
idd, I got a few movies who I like more then star wars as well but still

Dexx
me too. Like pulp fiction and fight club...i'm thinking od adding crouching tiger hidden dragon

Fire
CTHD get's boring after a few times

mah
its not all movies you're supposed to see many times though.

BackFire349
you can see any movie many times.

finti
you can, but do you???

BackFire349
most of the ones i own i see many times obviously.

ToMacco
The movie is really good. It's a timeless movie that I will show to my kids.

Never read the book. I was afraid I'd become a part of it like in the movie.

BackFire349
its everyones duty to show that movie to their kids.

Fire
don't generalise backfire, tho idd it's a good movie

mah
hehe, you almost feel like that in the end of the book

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
it has a great message for children. never give up dreaming their dreams and fantasies. cuz theres paradise available to everyone whenever they want in their head. great message for kids.

Fire
yea good msg tho there are other ways to show a child that

BackFire349
none really as potent as that movie though.

Fire
degustibus et coloribus non est disputandum...

there ya go smile

BackFire349
hah

Fire
okie I guess u know what that means good smile

but really I think, u can feel that this movie is the best way and someone else, me for exmaple can disagree, unless u find a way to prove which methode is more effectif the quont remains

BackFire349
well im not going to go conduct a study, all i can tell you is that when i was a kid it made me remember, to this day, that you should always go for your dreams and never ever give up on your fantasies.

Fire
well I never seen it and I'm a person who knows very well that dreams are goals

pippy
I loved this movie as a kid! I actually still do. It really did deserve a better sequel.

jayride
SWEET MOTHER OF BOB!! WE MUST MAKE FIRE SEE THIS MOVIE.

BackFire349
yeah fire, you should see it.

kychesu
i've never seen this movie actually

BackFire349
you should see it too.

ToMacco
Alright now listen. Jayride, you tie down Fire and tape his eyes open. I'll put the movie on.

I tell you one thing, that wolf still scares the hell out of me.

Too bad Tex isn't around, that poor bastard got real upset when I described scenes from the movie.

Holy god, what great scenes:

When the Rockbiter first came upon the camp site and explained "The Nothing" to the little dudes: "And it got bigger. . . and BIGGER!!!!" That's messed up.

Scariest part of the movie was when the wolf faced off with Atrau at the end of the movie. Then the storm would rumble, and the wolfs eyes got really big.

jayride
Anyone know if the DVD came out? I've gotta go buy it right now if it has.

BackFire349
yeah, its been out on dvd for a while. i own it myself. its great. and yeah tom, that movie has some of the most memorable scenes of all time.

ToMacco
Pretty cool movie.

Fire
aaah well I still don't see why you all like that much

mah
well you havent seen it, so you wouldn't know!

Fire
euhm mah I have the neverending story one and two at home

ToMacco
The sequels should be burned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.