Drax the Destroyer vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
Drax vs Supes

WHo takes this one?

golem370
Which version of Superman and Drax?

Starhawk
Fight one:

Current Supes and Current Drax.

Fight Two:

Pre crisis Supes vs Power Gem Drax

juggernaut66666
Superman wins

norrinradd43
Superman will take the first one, I dont know about pre-crisis Supes vs power gem drax though I would sat that one is 5/10

golem370
Drax with the Power Gem would have to be in Bloodlust before he would defeat Pre-Crisis Superman. If he was I would say Drax 10/10

Galan007
Originally posted by Starhawk
Fight one:

Current Supes and Current Drax.

Fight Two:

Pre crisis Supes vs Power Gem Drax Supes takes this on both accounts.

Starhawk
I think Power Gem Drax could beat him.

Galan007
I think Power Gem Drax could beat him. When PC Supes sneezed Galaxy's moved. He was so powerful that it was rediculous. I don't see Drax /w/ the Gem being too much competition.

Starhawk
As Juggy66666666666 up there would say, You do understand the concept of the Power gem?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Galan007
When PC Supes sneezed Galaxy's moved. He was so powerful that it was rediculous. I don't see Drax /w/ the Gem being too much competition.
It is no use Galan sad

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
It is no use Galan sad I know embarrasment

Galan007
As Juggy66666666666 up there would say, You do understand the concept of the Power gem? Concepts mean nothing if the character dosen't have the feats to back that concept up....... Does drax have those feats??? no

Has a Power Gem user ever done anything more impressive then destroying a planet with a single punch?

Because even that is nothing to PC Supes...

Starhawk
The Power Gem gives the bearer completeand infinate control and domination over that aspect of the universe.

juggernaut66666
Concepts mean nothing if the character dosen't have the feats to back that concept up....... Does drax have those feats??? no

Has a Power Gem user ever done anything more impressive then destroying a planet with a single punch?

Because even that is nothing to PC Supes...
but it teh powaaa gem eek!

Starhawk
To bad there isn't a gem that can help you grow up and act mature.

Galan007
The Power Gem gives the bearer completeand infinate control and domination over that aspect of the universe. I don't care what bios say, when did Drax ever sneeze and move a Galaxy? When did Drax ever move planets like they were ping-pong balls?

Take the Greatest feat from both characters, and they aren't even comparable...

PC Supes>Drax /w/ the Gem

juggernaut66666
To bad there isn't a gem that can help you grow up and act mature.
I think you would need a mind gem wink

Wally West
The Infinity Gems can be more powerful in the hands of different people, Drax wasn't the smartest (neither was Champion) so they wouldn't have unlocked its true potential. In the hands of the right person (Warlock, Thanos) it would be a lot more powerful. And I think Superman wins both of these fights.

Starhawk
I think if Drax went all out, 'bloodlusted' as you say I think he could use the power effectively enough to deal with him. The reason he doesnt have on-panel feats to porove it is because Marvel was too scared of making him to powerful.

juggernaut66666
Wait didn't Thanos handle someone with the power gem? eek!

Galan007
I think if Drax went all out, 'bloodlusted' as you say I think he could use the power effectively enough to deal with him. What you think Drax might have been able to do with the gem is meaningless if he never actually did it.

The reason he doesnt have on-panel feats to porove it is because Marvel was too scared of making him to powerful. Where the hell did you pull that rediculous comment from? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starhawk
It's true, When they wrote Warlock and the Infinity Watch, they were very worried about making them too powerful. Similar to the Superman Syndrome of the villians not having a real chance of beating them so they dumbed down the power levels.

Also Thanos had other Gems at that time and didn't beat the power gem through brute force.

Galan007
It's true, When they wrote Warlock and the Infinity Watch, they were very worried about making them too powerful. Similar to the Superman Syndrome of the villians not having a real chance of beating them so they dumbed down the power levels. Show me where thats stated...

And remember, Drax still wasn't very impressive, regardless of how strong you think he should have been wink

Starhawk
It was in an old Wizard Magazine interview, I will try to find it. Current Drax with the Gem would tear PC Supes apart.

juggernaut66666
It was in an old Wizard Magazine interview, I will try to find it. Current Drax with the Gem would tear PC Supes apart.
laughing laughing laughing Wizard laughing laughing laughing

Galan007
It was in an old Wizard Magazine interview, I will try to find it. Current Drax with the Gem would tear PC Supes apart. Respond back with actual on pannel feats, or get that shit outta here.

Starhawk
Current Drax is far more intellegent and in control then his former form and he would be able to utilize the Power Gem to it's fullest potential.

Wally West
Edit: Ignore big grin

Starhawk
So thats your solution? Ignore people who disagree with you?

juggernaut66666
So thats your solution? Ignore people who disagree with you?
We only ignore people who are not that smart.

Starhawk
And people who disagree with you arn't that smart? Wow your ego is stronger then the power gem by far.

Wally West
So thats your solution? Ignore people who disagree with you? I didn't mean I was ignoring you, I misinterpreted someone's point and posted a reply, realised I got it wrong and erased the post.

Galan007
Current Drax is far more intellegent and in control then his former form and he would be able to utilize the Power Gem to it's fullest potential. Current Drax has never had the power gem. Stop assuming how powerful a character might be!

Your oppinion is meaningless without facts that back them up.

Starhawk
So logic means nothing to you guys? Current Drax would be able to use it to it's fullest potential.

golem370
The dumbazz people who said Superman in any form could sneeze a galaxy away.most be the same people who made Beyonder more powerful then LT also most be the people that said Mr M is Multiversal but yet Superman beats him all the time.If Superman was so beyond anything back then why was he even worrying about Hulk.

Galan007
So logic means nothing to you guys? Do you realize that any person that has obtained the power gem has NEVER done anything more impressive then what PC Supes has done?

All you are doing is assuming how powerful a character might be. This is a very flawed logic to use.

Starhawk
No it's not, do you get what the power gem represents?

Galan007
No it's not, do you get what the power gem represents? What it represents, and what it has actually accomplished on pannel are 2 completely different things.

By pannel feats:
PC Superman>>>Drax /w/ Power Gem.

This cant even be argued.

End of story.

Starhawk
Well using logic Drax wins.

End fo story.

Galan007
Well using logic Drax wins.

End fo story. You are delusional my friend, and I'm not going to waste my time debating with you about how flawed your "logic" is...
wink

Starhawk
No your just going to sit in your bubble and let your ego convince you that you are right.

It's okay I understand.

Galan007
No your just going to sit in your bubble and let your ego convince you that you are right.

It's okay I understand. laughing

Starhawk
Again emoticons to make up for lack of debating skill.

Galan007
Again emoticons to make up for lack of debating skill. laughing And are you aware that you are the only person that has replied that thinks Drax has a chance against PC Superman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

This is where your flawed logic comes into play,
and don't throw out insults my friend. It makes you look even more childish.

Starhawk
At least I can debate without using emoticons.

You like superman, thats more then obvious. Check out more facts on the power gem.

Galan007
At least I can debate without using emoticons. emoticons? Is that one of the transformers? wink

You like superman, thats more then obvious.True indeed, but I never let my bias for a character get in the way of the facts...

Like I have said, feat for feat:
PC Supes>>>Drax /w/ the Gem

Check out more facts on the power gem. Check out more facts on PC Superman. He actually has feats to back up my claims...... Gee what a concept...

juggernaut66666
emoticons? Is that one of the transformers? wink
LMAO laughing laughing laughing laughing

Starhawk
And Juggy shows up to demonstrate more of his grade school wit we've all come to love.

Holding the Power Gem gives the bearer complete and infinate control over all power in the universe. Case closed.

juggernaut66666
And Juggy shows up to demonstrate more of his grade school wit we've all come to love.

Holding the Power Gem gives the bearer complete and infinate control over all power in the universe. Case closed.
There is nothing to debate about
Pc Superman feat>>>>>>Drax with power gem feats
Case closed.

Galan007

Holding the Power Gem gives the bearer complete and infinate control over all power in the universe. Case closed. Whatever you say buddy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut66666
Oh... and PROFILED!laughing

Galan007
Oh... and PROFILED! YES!

It was definatley deserving laughing out loud

Starhawk
What does PROFILED mean? And sometimes you can't go on feats, sometimes you have to go on potential.

Example:

Character A has been around allot longer, Character B hasn't so it's unfair to B to go on A's feats.

Read up more on the power gem.

juggernaut66666
What does PROFILED mean? And sometimes you can't go on feats, sometimes you have to go on potential.

Example:

Character A has been around allot longer, Character B hasn't so it's unfair to B to go on A's feats.

Read up more on the power gem.
Thanos has beaten people with the power gem so just hush.

Starhawk
He had other gems and he did it through tricks and deception. Thanos is far more clever then Supes.

Howard_Jones
Thanos has beaten people with the power gem so just hush.

He's only beaten Gardener with it, and used the gem to overpower his powers.

breeze85
Starhawk is nowadays the one on the forum who pleases us with good laughs, fun.

The Power Gem itself hasn't really showed impressive potential at all. Drax and Champion's lowly feats can't be even compared to Pre-Crisis Superman's. It's a totally different league.

Yes, the Gem SHOULD possess the potential but obviously it doesn't seem to have. Depends on the wearer? Maybe. It seems to cope better at boosting the other Gems.

Endless Mike
The Power Gem gives the bearer completeand infinate control and domination over that aspect of the universe.

That's the theoretical power of the gem, but its users rarely are able to achieve that level.

Fanboy
Originally posted by golem370
The dumbazz people who said Superman in any form could sneeze a galaxy away.most be the same people who made Beyonder more powerful then LT also most be the people that said Mr M is Multiversal but yet Superman beats him all the time.If Superman was so beyond anything back then why was he even worrying about Hulk.

Just because he beats Mixed pickles doesn't mean he has to physically beat him he just tricks him all the time. There are different way of people always getting beaten like this http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandWolverinexmenunl29.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanoswr5.jpg

Got from Character ownage forum.

Fanboy
http://supermanica.info/wiki/index.php/Imagemesseduperboytowingplanets.jpg

Unless Drax can do shit like this he can not take Pre-Crisis Superman.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Fanboy
http://supermanica.info/wiki/index.php/Imagemesseduperboytowingplanets.jpg

http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg

Fanboy
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventurecomics29315oy3pu5.jpg

Pre-Crisis feat using his breath to move the Earth Drax can not do that.

Fanboy
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomics27304ga3bt3.jpg

Destroying another Galaxy with his sneezing Drax has not done that.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Fanboy

Destroying another Galaxy with his sneezing Drax has not done that.

Eh, why are we debating simple power vs. power? Think, man. PC supes was also disgustingly superintelligent. Drax was (to put it lightly) a moron.

Even if Drax IS stronger, superman would outsmart/outstrategize him easily

Galan007
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Eh, why are we debating simple power vs. power? Think, man. PC supes was also disgustingly superintelligent. Drax was (to put it lightly) a moron.

Even if Drax IS stronger, superman would outsmart/outstrategize him easily Drax never displayed neither the strength nor the intelligence PC Superman has...

There is only 1 person that has responded in this thread, which thinks Drax can beat PC Superman...

*cough*Starhawk*cough*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Roldz
Supes wins both scenario...

dvampire
Superman in both.

Starhawk
Drax never displayed neither the strength nor the intelligence PC Superman has...

There is only 1 person that has responded in this thread, which thinks Drax can beat PC Superman...

*cough*Starhawk*cough*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've only been gone 4 a few hours and you have yet to find maturity.

Its not a matter of intellegence. Current Drax is a cold efficent killer. and has the mind of such, I'm not saying he would 100% win, just that with the Gem its a tougher fight then you seem to think.

Galan007
I've only been gone 4 a few hours and you have yet to find maturity.

Its not a matter of intellegence. Current Drax is a cold efficent killer. and has the mind of such, I'm not saying he would 100% win, just that with the Gem its a tougher fight then you seem to think. Honestly man, its not even a tough fight, Supes could speedblitz the hell out of Drax, he dosent even need to overpower him....

PC Supes just has so many more options thats its insane..

Starhawk
If Drax has the power gem he could vaporize Supes with it. Or he could use it to enhance his own strength to unstoppable levels. Or he could use it to take Supes power away.

Do you understand it gives him complete control over power?

juggernaut66666
If Drax has the power gem he could vaporize Supes with it. Or he could use it to enhance his own strength to unstoppable levels. Or he could use it to take Supes power away.

Do you understand it gives him complete control over power?
There is something wrong with your ability to understand.

Wally West
When Thanos was using just the power gem he shrunk Hulk in size, turned Thor into glass and Nova into a bunch of tiny blocks (although you could argue he was using it to increase the power of his existing abilities).

Warlock was on the verge of beating a preped Dr. Strange using the power gem, Thor beat Warlock and Strange together with the power gem, Champion was pretty much physically unstoppable and invulnerable to physical harm with it. Its can be a very powerful weapon in the right hands, although it is pointless to debate against pre-crisis Superman, different eras and things.

complexbrother
PC Superman was changed because of feats like these

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventurecomics29315oy3pu5.jpg
http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg

DC writers and managment had decided that this level of power is absoluty ridiculous and hired John Byrne to reduce his power so Supes could be more marketable (which worked ) and that he could have someone that could fight him on his own level. (Supes was very incosistent with his level of power, he could move dozens of planets with a galixy long chain (which by itself is ridiculous) one day and the next could be almost beat by a giant mutated moneky )

current Drax could kill current Superman

Galan007
If Drax has the power gem he could vaporize Supes with it. When did Drax do that?

Or he could use it to enhance his own strength to unstoppable levels. Or he could use it to take Supes power away. Yes, thats the basic principle behind the Power Gem, but as has already been said, the gem's power varies from user to user. Drax was boarderline retarded, and he did nothing on PC Supes' level when he had the gem...

Do you understand it gives him complete control over power? Again thats the basic principle behind the gem, but Drax had nowhere near, "complete control over all power".

olympian
Drax never displayed neither the strength nor the intelligence PC Superman has...

*cough*Starhawk*cough*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The power to destroy a planet as a side effect of a struggle and destroying a star with its own fist doesnt scream pre crisis to you?

*looks at galaxy pulling feat with a chain*

And to think so many people bitched when Hercules used a chain to towed Manhattan..

Galan007
Originally posted by olympian
The power to destroy a planet as a side effect of a struggle and destroying a star with its own fist doesnt scream pre crisis to you?

*looks at galaxy pulling feat with a chain*

And to think so many people bitched when Hercules used a chain to towed Manhattan.. Of course it is Pre-Crisis, this thread is:

Current Superman v.s. Current Drax (first battle)

and

PC Superman v.s. Drax /w/ Power Gem (second battle)

olympian
No, i was talking about Drax. He did those. They are pre crisis lvl feats.

Galan007
Originally posted by olympian
No, i was talking about Drax. He did those. They are pre crisis lvl feats. Did Drax have so much power that when he sneezed, it destroyed a Galaxy?

Superman moved planets like ping pong balls

His heat vision was as powerful as 1000 burning suns if i remember correctly.

and lets not even get started on speed feats, and intelligence...

PC Superman has so many options to beat Drax, that its not even funny

Starhawk
Current Drax with the Gem could utilize it to a much greater potential and would wreck PC Supes.

Galan007
Current Drax with the Gem could utilize it to a much greater potential and would wreck PC Supes. Ahhh, now your changing it from classic Drax that has actually had the Gem, and whom does have some feats..

To current Drax /w/ the gem, where all we can do is imagine what his power migh be?

Like I said, its a flawed logic...

Starhawk
No it's not. I said in the thread "Drax with the Power Gem" I never said it was retraded Drax with it.

Supes (in ANY form) is not more powerful then the Power Gem. Just deal with it.

complexbrother
Supes takes this on both accounts.

no he dosen't . current drax riped Thanos heart outa his body, and we all agree that Thanos could beat current Superman. current Superman would fare no better.

Galan007
No it's not. I said in the thread "Drax with the Power Gem" I never said it was retraded Drax with it.

Supes (in ANY form) is not more powerful then the Power Gem. Just deal with it. Odd how when no one agrees with you, and when you are clearly loosing the debate, you all of the sudden change the terms. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This was the first time you mentioned that it was current Drax /w/ the gem...... (who by the way has 0 feats with the gem, compared to classic Drax who at least has some feats.)

This is a very childish way to debate my friend, and all it does is make you look bad.

I don't feel like wasteing my time here any further... wink

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
no he dosen't . current drax riped Thanos heart outa his body, and we all agree that Thanos could beat current Superman. current Superman would fare no better. In all fairness to Thanos, he didn't even try to fight back..

Plus I am debating PC Supes v.s. Drax /w/ the gem...

Starhawk
LOL sorry you can't face that someone your a fan of can't win a perticular battle. I am a Starhawk fan and theres lots of things that can kick his ass and you don't see me crying over it.

Oh well I guess some people are just amde of sterner stuff.

Galan007
LOL sorry you can't face that someone your a fan of can't win a perticular battle. Who said I was a PC Superman fan? I actually despise the character, but I dont let my bias cloud my judgment... I have nearly every appearence made by drax when he had the gem, I know his feats......... and when you compare Drax's feats to PC Superman's feats, Drax's just do not compare...

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS DRAX HAS A CHANCE AGAINST PC SUPERMAN.

Your word, and oppinion means little to nothing

Oh well I guess some people are just amde of sterner stuff. Yeah I don't even know what you said here, but it was probably another attempt to try and insult me, because you dont have facts to back up oppinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starhawk
LOL, what happened to "not wasting my time any longer"?

I love debators whose only arguement is how many people agree with them. Which means nothing cause lots of times a majority opinion can be wrong.

Current Drax could utilize the effects of the Power Gem. All he has to do is remove Supes powers and then pull a thanos on him.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by breeze85
Starhawk is nowadays the one on the forum who pleases us with good laughs, fun.

The Power Gem itself hasn't really showed impressive potential at all. Drax and Champion's lowly feats can't be even compared to Pre-Crisis Superman's. It's a totally different league.

Yes, the Gem SHOULD possess the potential but obviously it doesn't seem to have. Depends on the wearer? Maybe. It seems to cope better at boosting the other Gems.

Starhawk
LOL Try reading more about the function of the power gems and the effects.

Current Drax could utilize the effects of the Power Gem. All he has to do is remove Supes powers and then pull a thanos on him.

Galan007
LOL, what happened to "not wasting my time any longer"? Sometimes the blind choose to see the light....... I'd bet my bottom dollar, that you will stay blind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Some advice though....... Do research on PC Supes, and loose the bias.

I love debators whose only arguement is how many people agree with them. Which means nothing cause lots of times a majority opinion can be wrong. My only argument?

I have provided consistant proof and pannel evidence which shows exactly how powerful PC Supes was compared to Drax.....

What have you provided besides your own oppinion?

NOTHING!

Current Drax could utilize the effects of the Power Gem. All he has to do is remove Supes powers and then pull a thanos on him. And you know this how?

You can not debate accuratley based on oppinion alone.

Of course I expect you to ignore these facts once again, and come back with something like:

"Well, Drax might be able to do this, or he should be able to do that."

Oppinion means nothing without facts to back them up. What don't you get about that?

Starhawk
It's called logic. The Power gem grants the bearerm total and complete control over power. Current Drax posseses a stronger intellect and could use it mroe effectively.

I am by no means a big Drax fan. You on the other hand are obviously a Supes fan who can't deal with the fact that he can't win every battle. Learn detachment.

juggernaut66666
It's called logic. The Power gem grants the bearerm total and complete control over power. Current Drax posseses a stronger intellect and could use it mroe effectively.

I am by no means a big Drax fan. You on the other hand are obviously a Supes fan who can't deal with the fact that he can't win every battle. Learn detachment.
laughing laughing laughing

Starhawk
lol wow you have yet to present a well thought out counter arguement on anything Juggy. At least Galan can do that much.

juggernaut66666
lol wow you have yet to present a well thought out counter arguement on anything Juggy. At least Galan can do that much.
I give all my props to Galan just because he is wasting his time with you .

Galan007
It's called logic. The Power gem grants the bearerm total and complete control over power. Current Drax posseses a stronger intellect and could use it mroe effectively. Yeah current Drax has also never had the gem and has 0 feats to go by...... Anything that is said about him is only oppinion, and not fact what so ever....

You on the other hand are obviously a Supes fan who can't deal with the fact that he can't win every battle. Learn detachment. I am an All-Star Superman fan only (thats the guy in my sig/avvy)...

I do not like PC Superman at all (as i have said before), but i dont use bias in my debating, its a bad habit that you need to loose....

But like I said a few posts ago, you once again ignored the facts and pannel evidence, and are debating by oppinion alone.

When you have been a member for a while, you will look back at some of the things you posted in this thread and cringe at your own ignorance....

But untill you are ready to admit you have nothing but oppinion driving you during your "debates", then you are a lost cause....

Good day. wink

Starhawk
Wonderful contribution to the debate there.

It's called logic. The Power gem grants the bearer total and complete control over power. Current Drax posseses a stronger intellect and could use it mroe effectively.

Howard_Jones
The only problem with that argument is Thanos is the only one to ever use the Power Gem correctly.

juggernaut66666
It is like saying if you give Juggernaut the Nega Bands he could use tem just aswell as Genis did.

Starhawk
Current Drax hasnt had a shot yet. And no, Warlock did as well.

Howard_Jones
It is like saying if you give Juggernaut the Nega Bands he could use tem just aswell as Genis did.

Exactly. When it comes to the gems, you have to consider who is using them. Take it this way: If you give Moondragon the mind Gem, and then give it to Psylocke, Moondragon will use it more effectively, considering she knows it well. However, Thanos will have the best usage out of it. The same goes for the Nega Bands, and so forth.

Starhawk
yes but current Drax is a cold calculating killer. He would the power gem very effectivly.

juggernaut66666
yes but current Drax is a cold calculating killer. He would the power gem very effectivly.
From where do you know that????????
That is sensless bullshit.
The give the Punisher the power gem he could beat anyone or give it to Deadpool.

Galan007
From where do you know that????????
That is sensless bullshit. Its only his oppinion, and I guess in his eyes:

oppinion=fact

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starhawk
No it's logic, given what the Power Gem can do and Drax's current mindset he would use it to de-power supes and kill him.

Stupid Rookie
I give all my props to Galan just because he is wasting his time with you .

We all know Galan has plenty of time to waste! j/k

I don't see Drax winning this at all. I would like to say the power gem is strong enough, but not without proper preparation and understanding. Old drax was too dumb, that is why they gave him the gem. He was tough enough to stop people from taknig it, but not smart enough to use it to its full potential.

juggernaut66666
No it's logic, given what the Power Gem can do and Drax's current mindset he would use it to de-power supes and kill him.
In that case give Punisher the power gem and he beats anyone.

Starhawk
Punisher too could use it effectively. It doesnt take a genuis to think.

"Hey, I have a gem that can control power itself. I'll just take his power away and give it to me."

A 6 year old could think of that.

Stupid Rookie

"Hey, I have a gem that can control power itself. I'll just take his power away and give it to me."

yet countless people have not used it properly. Champion, Drax, Thor to name a few.

juggernaut66666

Nice one profiled!

Starhawk
Juggy666, how old are you cause all you ever offer on these debates is like 2 or 3 words and some smiling faces. Why can't you offer a real conribution to the disscussion?

Drax takes Supes power away and gives it to himself. then pulls a thanos on him. End of Story.

xmarksthespot
Ah-choo. End of story. Closing.

juggernaut66666
Juggy666, how old are you cause all you ever offer on these debates is like 2 or 3 words and some smiling faces. Why can't you offer a real conribution to the disscussion?

Drax takes Supes power away and gives it to himself. then pulls a thanos on him. End of Story.
Have you realised that you are the only person with the opinion that Drax wins??
So everyone else is wrong and stupid and you are the genius eh??

Starhawk
I don't care if you don't agree with me. It's a matter of logic and understanding what the Power gem is and what it can do.

Drax takes Supes power away and gives it to himself. then pulls a thanos on him. End of Story

Space M ummy

you know, I THOUGHT I heard a reference that the gem could do that, but I've never seen any scans...?

if you have any, that would be awesome. Not saying you're full of BS, but it might be useful in the future.

Starhawk
I addressed this, some times one character has many mroe scans then the other and you just have to go on logic of what the items involved can do.

breeze85
It's called logic. The Power gem grants the bearer total and complete control over power. Current Drax posseses a stronger intellect and could use it mroe effectively.

Obviously it doesn't as seen what the mere Power Gem is capable of. Nothing that impressive really. With the rest of the Gems and a proper wielder it seems to posses pretty much infinite strength. Alone with Drax, NO. Nothing compared to Pre-Crisis Superman.

The guy literally sneezed solar systems away, handled planets like they were ping pong balls. Before Drax had any idea what's happening Superman would already be feeding him with planets travelling warp-speed.

Starhawk
yes and using the gem drax can remove all of his power and give it to himself.

Lord S
First a little 'get-your-facts-straight' nitpicking...

Also Thanos had other Gems at that time and didn't beat the power gem through brute force. Thanos only had the Soul Gem at the time he fought Champion. But like you said, he didn't beat him through brute force...he outsmarted him.

Originally posted by Wally West
Thor beat Warlock and Strange together with the power gem, Thor didn't have the Power Gem when he first beat Surfer and Warlock together...that was sheer bloodlust under his own power.

My opinion on the topic of Drax vs. Superman: I can agree with Starhawk to a point...that if you understand what the Power Gem is and the type of power it grants a wielder, then current Drax would, without question, be far more effective with it today than he ever was as dumb Drax.

There is also no way to measure whether or not he would be a threat to PC Superman without any feats. Guesswork can only take you so far and holds little water in the face of actual feats.

Current Drax would be extremely dangerous and powerful with the Power Gem, but able to do some of the things PC Superman did? Highly unlikely. You need to turn your hyperbole filter up a little if you're relying on the statement of 'it gives him complete control over power'. Sounds a lot like Apocalypse and his ability to 'grant himself whatever power he chooses'.

Starhawk
I understand that and I appreciate your comments. My point is that the Power Gem could be used to steal someones power away. And Current Drax would think of that.

(On a side note, if anyone out there plays Heroclix, in the next set is Pre-Crisis Supes)

breeze85
I understand that and I appreciate your comments. My point is that the Power Gem could be used to steal someones power away. And Current Drax would think of that.

He would be dead LONG before he had registered a single thought. Go read about Pre-Crisis Superman. His strength, speed and invulnerability were absolutely ridiculous and unheard of.

Galan007
Originally posted by breeze85
He would be dead LONG before he had registered a single thought. Go read about Pre-Crisis Superman. His strength, speed and invulnerability were absolutely ridiculous and unheard of. Dude, its just no use arguing with him......

Provide all the proof and feats you want, but that guy will just never accept the fact that he is wrong.

Starhawk
You mean "Accept" not "Except".

What I "Accept" is that trhe Power Gem grants its user complete control over power in the universe and thats mroe then enough to take supes out.

xmarksthespot
You mean "Accept" not "Except".

What I "Accept" is that trhe Power Gem grants its user complete control over power in the universe and thats mroe then enough to take supes out. "that's" and "than" not to mention "the" and "more."

Don't try and be a grammar/spelling Nazi when you've relatively simple flaws in your own posts. It's hypocritical.

Ah-choo.

Galan007
You mean "Accept" not "Except". Yeah, thats what I said my friend. wink

What I "Accept" is that trhe Power Gem grants its user complete control over power in the universe and thats mroe then enough to take supes out. I know, thats your own oppinion and not a factual statment at all....

Take what the characters have ACTUALLY done on pannel, and:

Supes>>>>>Drax

You are the only one arguing that..

Drax /w/ Power Gem---------->superpoke<---------- PC Superman

I have wasted enough time beating this dead horse...

Have fun y'all! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starhawk
You'll be back LOL

And agian I don't care if I'm the only one. You say I'm ignoring PC Supes abilities and your ignoring the Power Gem's abilities.

dvampire
You'll be back LOL

And agian I don't care if I'm the only one. You say I'm ignoring PC Supes abilities and your ignoring the Power Gem's abilities.

The powergem abilities aren't that great. Thanos survived a fight with Thor when he had the power gem, If Thanos could do it, PC Supes will go right through those attacks.

Starhawk
It grants the user complete control over power. Thats all he needs.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It grants the user complete control over power. Thats all he needs.

NO it does not. What IW have you been reading. if the Gem was the powerful, then Thanos wouldn't need the IG. He has so many powers as is, all he would need is the power gem to amplify his powers to unlimited lvls and he would still be GOD. The power gem lets the user tap into unlimited stamina and unlimited strength. but it does not put thier power at infinite lvls. Drax would be KO'd long before he was able to draw upon enough power to beat PC supers. Now if Thanos had the POwer Gem, Supers would get it.

Power Gem lesson, the gems amplify each other when they are used in sinc. Kinda like how the 12 alltogether amplified each other. The Power gem does not automatically give the user infinite power. It just let's them tap it's infinite power. There is a difference. Takion taps the infinite power of the source. Yet he is not infinitely powerful.

Martian_mind
Classic drax lacks the mental capacity to utilise the gem to its full potential which would still let him loose to supes via speedblitz.Currnt drax has no real showings that put at a level near superman so he would die before he could comprehend that a fight was going on.This is such a pointless battle if u started this thread with a closed mind to any arguments

Starhawk
You need to read up more about the infinity gems, they grant the user control over that aspect of the infiinte.

And I do have an opne mind, it doesnt mean I have to agree with you.

Current Drax has the intellect to use it.

juggernaut66666
You need to read up more about the infinity gems, they grant the user control over that aspect of the infiinte.

And I do have an opne mind, it doesnt mean I have to agree with you.

Current Drax has the intellect to use it.
Okay the Drax can use the power gem pretty well so what??
He get's Speed Blitzed to death end of story.

Starhawk
He uses the Gem to take away Supes power. End of Story.

juggernaut66666
Can't you understand that Superman speed blitzes him before he could even think??

Starhawk
Not nessecarily. I think Drax could get a tought off before that.

juggernaut66666
Not nessecarily. I think Drax could get a tought off before that.
WHo the hell cares what you think??
It has been shown numerous times that Superman can act faster than the speed of thought.

Starhawk
Not nessecarily. And Drax could use the gem to amp him self up to the point where the speedblitz wouldnt even phase him.

juggernaut66666
Not nessecarily. And Drax could use the gem to amp him self up to the point where the speedblitz wouldnt even phase him.
You idiot he doesn't have time to do that since he wil get his ass speed blitzed before he could even think.

Martian_mind
He wont be able to no hes in the fight before its over

darthgoober
Ok look. There seems to be a misconception concerning the Power Gem. Yes, the Gem does THEORETICALLY give it's user complete control over all power. HOWEVER, the gem is ONLY used with that degree of effectiveness when used in conjunction with the other gems. No one(and I mean NO ONE) has EVERY displayed that degree of mastery with the Power Gem alone. The same thing goes for all the rest of the gems also. Even Warlock doesn't have complete mastery of the should gem, and he has a higher degree of mastery with that particular gem than ANYONE(even Thanos). To ACTUALLY have absolute control over all power, the user must at the very least use the gem in conjunction with the Reality Gem, because that gem is the only one that will allow you to dictate what powers place is within reality. The gems are all limited by their users intelligence, willpower, and understanding of the nature of the gem in question. That's why the only sure way of using the gems to the fullest, is to have the Infinity Gauntlet. Because the omniscience grated by the Gauntlet, allows the wearer to actually understand the gem, and what it actually gives jurisdiction over. And I should know, I'm a big follower of just about anything in Marvel with "Infinity" in the title.

Either Drax loses this fight horribly.

Starhawk
I respect your opinion. I however feel differently I think given Drax's current mindset of a killer he would use the gem very effectivly.

I can't change your mind and you can't change mine. So all we can do at this point is berate each other with insults and redicule like Juggy does.

Baldey
Supes wins.

juggernaut66666

I can't change your mind and you can't change mine.
Then don't be surprised that when most of the forum members will laugh at you. wink

Starhawk
I don't care if they laugh at me. They have the right to their opinion as I have the right to my own.

Martian_mind
In the other thread why were they calling u david richards

juggernaut66666
I don't care if they laugh at me. They have the right to their opinion as I have the right to my own.
You have your opinions but you can't deny facts.

darthgoober
I respect your opinion. I however feel differently I think given Drax's current mindset of a killer he would use the gem very effectivly.

I can't change your mind and you can't change mine. So all we can do at this point is berate each other with insults and redicule like Juggy does.
I'm not berating, ridiculing, or insulting anyone. I'm pointing out why the gem can't be used the way your saying by Drax. He has neither the intellect, willpower, or understanding to harness the gems potential to the fullest. His being cold blooded and calculating doesn't factor into it. When Thor had the gem, he was fairly cold blooded also(he tried to kill several of his friends in fact), but still didn't have absolute mastery of the gem. Yes at one point in the fight he was able to turn Strange and Warlocks energy back on them, but he by no means did it instantly. He suffered under their blast for a bit before he figured out how. Also, they were only trying to subdue him, they weren't trying to take him out(otherwise Thor'd be dead right now, I assure you). Without the proper understanding of the gem, it can't be used to maximum effectiveness. It's just that simple. So while Drax may theoretically able to match Supes strength and durability(and I'm actually giving Drax a lot of credit there, because most users have a hard time unlocking exceedingly high levels of strength right off, It's normally dependant on anger or desperation), Supes still has speed and intelligence on his side.

Starhawk
Drax can amp up his own body so it can handle the speedblitz.

Martian_mind
not if it happens before he can think which it will whats so hard to understand about that

Starhawk
I don't think 100% that it will.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>